Gun Control

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Gun Control

Post by RTH10260 »

Former MLB prospect caught with 55 ‘ghost’ guns in Northeast Ohio: Court records

By Alec Sapolin and Kelly Kennedy
Published: Jan. 5, 2024 at 9:11 PM CET|Updated: 14 hours ago

CANTON, Ohio (WOIO) - A former MLB prospect was arrested Thursday after police in Northeast Ohio say they found 55 untraceable AR-15-style guns.

26-year-old Christopher Machamer is facing a charge of unlawful possession of a dangerous ordinance.

According to the criminal complaint filed in the Stark County Courts, a member of the FBI’s Safe Streets Task Force found evidence Machamer was producing “ghost” guns and selling them to unknown subjects.

“It’s pretty shocking,” said Tim Ostrander, owner of Summit Armory in Bath Township. “I personally think it’s a little suspicious why somebody would have so many of them. It seems like it’s going a little bit beyond just a hobby.”

https://www.cleveland19.com/2024/01/05/ ... t-records/
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Gun Control

Post by raison de arizona »

https://x.com/VP/status/1745586962264694886?s=20
Vice President Kamala Harris @VP wrote: Gun violence is the number one cause of death for children in America.

Today, I announced new funding to protect and support our children as we work to implement the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act, the most significant gun safety legislation passed in nearly 30 years.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bipartisa ... nities_Act
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Gun Control

They look delightful.
Ford Fischer @FordFischer wrote: VIDEO THREAD: Armed members of the Virginia Kekoas militia marched this morning to the State Capitol in Richmond to protest new gun control bills such as magazine limits and banning guns at bars.

The group carried guns into the "gun-free zone" surrounding the building.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Dave from down under

Gun Control

Post by Dave from down under »

Not a single criminal arrested

Reich privilege for all to see.
raison de arizona

Gun Control

I think this is the ammosexual equivalent to how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop.
Scottacular @Scottcrates wrote: Just another responsible gun owner doing responsible gun stuff.

Wait for it…
pipistrelle

Gun Control

Post by pipistrelle »

Mike Pence's Other Mother 🟧🟦🟪
@cooltxchick
·
14h
Whatcha wanna bet that immediately after needlessly burning through an expensive gun and about $500 in ammo, he went online to complain about inflation and not being able to feed his family or afford gas?
RTH10260

Gun Control

Post by RTH10260 »

I was expecting to see the gun run thru the ammo fully automatic triggered by the heat :cantlook:
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Gun Control

Post by Ben-Prime »

Gotta be honest, I started watching that thinking he was going to let the flame build up a little and then make s'mores over it or something stupid like that. But, no, he went all the way to crazy-stupid.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
raison de arizona

Gun Control

But, but... It's not about the gun, is it? It's never about the gun. When does it get to be about the gun?
The Tennessee Holler @TheTNHoller wrote: WATCH — UVALDE LAWYER: “What were they afraid of? They were afraid of his weapon.”
neeneko

Gun Control

Post by neeneko »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:48 pm
Mike Pence's Other Mother 🟧🟦🟪
@cooltxchick
·
14h
Whatcha wanna bet that immediately after needlessly burning through an expensive gun and about $500 in ammo, he went online to complain about inflation and not being able to feed his family or afford gas?
I am trying to picture how much that gun must have cost. 50K? More? That was a really expensive toy to destroy since even if the barrel had not exploded I would be surprised if there was not some warping in the regulated parts.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Gun Control

Post by Frater I*I »

neeneko wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:28 pm
pipistrelle wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:48 pm :snippity:

I am trying to picture how much that gun must have cost. 50K? More? That was a really expensive toy to destroy since even if the barrel had not exploded I would be surprised if there was not some warping in the regulated parts.
About 16,000 on average....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
raison de arizona

Gun Control

Fucking Florida.
Fred Guttenberg @fred_guttenberg wrote: Tomorrow, Fl House will try to roll back the Marjory Stoneman Douglas act passed after the Parkland shooting. With no notice & no critical debate, they will take up rolling back waiting periods & age. They are doing this only 2 weeks from the 6 year remembrance of the shooting.
raison de arizona

Gun Control

They're just complete and total assholes. HEY, WANNA CHECK OUT MAH GUNZ KIDZ??
Viral video captures Indiana lawmaker flashing holstered gun at student gun control advocates
:snippity:
In the video, Lucas told the students people have to protect themselves and referenced failures of law enforcement to prevent mass casualties during school shootings in Parkland, Florida, and Uvalde, Texas,

In discussing places where firearms are banned, Lucas said people aren't "truly free" unless they can defend themselves. A student off camera asked Lucas if he means carrying a firearm.

Just over six minutes into the 10-minute video, Lucas said, "I'm carrying right now," and holds open his suit jacket exposing a holstered handgun. It wasn't immediately clear what kind of gun Lucas was carrying.

"Nothing about someone carrying a gun makes me feel safe," a student said off camera after Lucas lifted his jacket.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jim-lucas- ... advocates/
raison de arizona

Gun Control

Red flag laws working to avoid a mass shooting.
Teen, father arrested after shooting threats made to Rancho Bernardo High School

SAN DIEGO — A Rancho Bernardo High School student and their father were arrested after police said the teen made school shooting threats to the school.

School administration was notified of the threats and “concerning videos” by the student’s peers late Friday afternoon, Principal Hans Becker said in an email sent out to families over the weekend.

The threats were then reported to San Diego police, who met with the student and took them into custody. The student, whose identity has not been disclosed, was booked into Juvenile Hall. According to SDPD, a gun violence restraining order was also issued and served to the teen.

After the teen’s arrest, the department said officers contacted their parents and carried out a search warrant at their home to “secure any firearms they may have access to.”

During the search, authorities say several un-serialized firearms, commonly known as ghost guns, were found. According to SDPD, other assault weapons were also confiscated along with several “destructive devices,” which were retrieved with the help of the Metro Arson Strike Team.

The teen’s father, identified by police as 45-year-old Neal Anders, was later arrested and booked into county jail. According to SDPD, he could face charges of possession of illegal firearms, manufacturing assault weapons and possession of a destructive device.
https://fox5sandiego.com/news/local-new ... gh-school/
RTH10260

Gun Control

Post by RTH10260 »

BUT... But... but... I was just playing with the 3D printer and checking to see how technolgy works ... :blackeye:
Dave from down under

Gun Control

Post by Dave from down under »

But 2A 2A 2A! Shall not be infringed!!
raison de arizona

Gun Control

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:37 am They're just complete and total assholes. HEY, WANNA CHECK OUT MAH GUNZ KIDZ??
Viral video captures Indiana lawmaker flashing holstered gun at student gun control advocates
[img]https: //assets1.cbsnewsstatic.com/hub/i/r/2024/02/01/2d84c632-2f0c-4965-a21f-f72f969d7aee/thumbnail/620x440/0c1d473289adb6274220d6018e360aa8/ap24032106827917.jpg?v=82ad4e2325e43ceb15c3334435d40e92[/img]
In the video, Lucas told the students people have to protect themselves and referenced failures of law enforcement to prevent mass casualties during school shootings in Parkland, Florida, and Uvalde, Texas,

In discussing places where firearms are banned, Lucas said people aren't "truly free" unless they can defend themselves. A student off camera asked Lucas if he means carrying a firearm.

Just over six minutes into the 10-minute video, Lucas said, "I'm carrying right now," and holds open his suit jacket exposing a holstered handgun. It wasn't immediately clear what kind of gun Lucas was carrying.

"Nothing about someone carrying a gun makes me feel safe," a student said off camera after Lucas lifted his jacket.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jim-lucas- ... advocates/
video:
► Show Spoiler
sugar magnolia

Gun Control

Post by sugar magnolia »

"...8, 9, 10 year old women..."
I don't even want to know his thoughts on rape and SA and abortion.
raison de arizona

Gun Control

Scary Guy Next Door.
raison de arizona wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:57 pm Red flag laws working to avoid a mass shooting.
Teen, father arrested after shooting threats made to Rancho Bernardo High School
:snippity: :snippity: :snippity:
https://fox5sandiego.com/news/local-new ... gh-school/
‘An arsenal': Rancho Bernardo dad had flame throwers, 29 assault rifles, says prosecutor
Neal Anders, 45, was arrested and booked into San Diego County jail earlier this week after his son was accused of threatening to shoot up his school

A Rancho Bernardo man facing more than a dozen charges appeared in court downtown on Thursday for the first time.

Neal James Anders, 45, was arrested after his 14-year-old son, a student at RB High School, was accused of threatening to shoot up his high school, authorities said. The boy has two siblings in school as well, it was disclosed in court by prosecutors.

Police searching Anders' Avenida Sivrita home this week allegedly found a rocket-propelled grenade and multiple concussion grenades (all of which turned out to be inert, or non-active), as well as 29 assault rifles, ghost guns, ghost-gun parts, Dragon’s Breath ammo capable of firing a 200-yard wall of fire (that round led to a possession of a destructive device count filed against Anders)e, flame throwers, armored vests, gas masks and “countless” manuals on how to make more ghost guns and explosives.

Thursday's court appearance marked the first time the public was able to see Anders. From the outside, even wearing jail scrubs, he looks like an average suburban father of three. But prosecutors say what they found inside his garage and a storage unit was anything but average.

"It was, simply put, an arsenal, tucked into Rancho Bernardo," Deputy District Attorney Roza Egiazarian said after court. " There were 29 assault rifles, 9 of which we've charged were unserialized, which is a crime."
https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/ ... r/3422509/

Felony complaint: https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/ ... plaint.pdf
Volkonski
Verified:

Gun Control

Post by Volkonski »

Yeah but those darn liberals in California will let him off with just a few years in prison at most. ;)
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona

Gun Control

Legend, and oldie but a goodie.
LP ✌️💙🥃 @TheLiberalPoet wrote: Jon Stewart flips the script! He’s a fucking legend, and this video will always be fire. 🔥
raison de arizona

Gun Control

Well alright Hawaii.
Mark Joseph Stern @mjs_DC wrote: The Hawaii Supreme Court says its state constitution does NOT protect an individual right to bear arms.

Justice Eddins' majority opinion also sharply criticizes SCOTUS' decisions in Heller and Bruen as calamitously wrong from top to bottom. https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/ ... wilson.pdf
raison de arizona

Gun Control

:thumbsup:
PoliticsVideoChannel @politvidchannel wrote: Canada destroyed an American gun owner's gun:

Police: “Leave your guns at home if you're coming to Canada.”
raison de arizona

Gun Control

Don't watch this is you don't want to cry.
First Things First @FTFonFS1 wrote: .@getnickwright reacts to the shooting at the Chiefs parade:
P.S. f#$k this guy:
► Show Spoiler
raison de arizona

Gun Control

https://x.com/johnmellencamp/status/175 ... 01230?s=20
John Mellencamp @johnmellencamp wrote: Excuse me for stating the obvious truth. I do so out of love for this country and the pain of learning, once again, that children have been killed by gun violence.

If we as a country want to find the collective will within ourselves to change our gun laws, let’s stop playing silly political games. Show the carnage on the news. Show the American people the dead children and others who have been struck down. Show us what guns and bullets can do to the human body.

The news media need to be brave enough to let Americans see what slaughtered children look like. Otherwise, I fear that too many perceive gun violence as an abstract; a story that’s repeated nearly every day to numbing effect.

When I was a teenager, there was a war in Vietnam. In the beginning, no one paid much attention to this problem in a foreign land until the media shouldered the responsibility and showed America how our sons were being slaughtered. Once those images were shown on TV, there was overwhelming demand for that war to be ended immediately.

I say this as a father and a human being, with deep empathy for the parents whose children have had their lives ended so suddenly and so senselessly: Show America the carnage.

I am not being callous, and I know it will be painful to see. But, sad to say, I think it’s the only way to shock America out of its stupor.

#GunControlNow #GunViolence #Empathy #gunlaws #change

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”