Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Gun Control

Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Re: Gun Control

Post by Mr brolin »

God almighty, are they TRYING to get ALL the NYS restrictions appealed to the SC and ruled as unconstitutional...?

The idiots have basically created the perfect casus belli to have the RWNJ tendency rule that NYS rules are a direct, intentional middle finger to the Constitution and remove even more of the rational restrictions.

It's the Jim Crow laws mentality all over again applied to 2A .......

My bet is the SC Gun 6 expected this and are slavering for the next case to land on their desk so that they can rule that ALL 2A related legislation must have strict scrutiny applied.

Look for background checks to be bounced, big chunks of NFA to be ruled unconstitutional, the residues of the assault weapons ban such as magazine restrictions etc killed off.

Fecking idjits.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Basically, they are all looking to just burn the last two centuries down.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Your grandchildren will be required by law to keep and dear tactical nuclear weapons.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Gregg wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:12 pm Your grandchildren will be required by law to keep and dear tactical nuclear weapons.
I mean, if it's good enough for Gandhi in Civilization VI, it's good enough for me.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

The appropriate and karmic response to the activist RWNJ judges is surely to apply their reasonings about the second amendment … by shooting them! Isn't that RWNJ reasoning, that armed citizenry can thwart overbearing rulers … such as them?

Ok, maybe that's extreme, but I think the Democrats should be looking for means fair or foul to shift these shitbags off the bench. The Republicans don't hesitate to cheat, so why should sensible folk always fight with one or two arms tied behind their backs?
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

It takes a vote in the House of a simple majority, in the Senate of a simple majority and a signature by the President to expand the Court to 13 Justices and then double the amount of Federal Circuit and Appeals Court benches. We can spend the entire next 4 years ratifying judges for every court in the country to get back to sanity.

I double dog dare anyone to call that extreme. Mitch didn't just ask for this he got on his knees and begged. Oblige him.

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Gregg wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:08 pm It takes a vote in the House of a simple majority, in the Senate of a simple majority and a signature by the President to expand the Court to 13 Justices and then double the amount of Federal Circuit and Appeals Court benches. We can spend the entire next 4 years ratifying judges for every court in the country to get back to sanity.

I double dog dare anyone to call that extreme. Mitch didn't just ask for this he got on his knees and begged. Oblige him.
I see an escalation problem when the Democrats lose their seats and the Republicans take over again. That potus may sign a bill to "rebalance" scotus.

Of course the Senate may have its "it's five o'clock somewhere" hour and block assignments cause of "it's an election year". Doubling Federal court positions may be useful to work on the backlog (think all those voter audits ;) ). Finding really qualified candidates to work on scotus may not be easy (especially if one does not want to rely on rwnj think tanks, taking the term think losely here).
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

Personally, I think if the Rethuglicans can gain control in 2024 (certainly plausible), they will expand the Supremes to 11 seats and place their special people on the bench for an 8-3 majority that will be sustained for decades.

They are heading towards their end game. I am wondering if they will be able to control 34 state houses through their gerrymandering and other tricks like voter suppression in the near future.

The Democrats just play too nice.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Does Johnson have his own thread?

https://theintercept.com/2022/07/07/mas ... -campaign/
“THE LATEST MASS murder in America didn’t involve guns,” Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wis., said in a recorded campaign radio ad slated to appear on July 6. But when the Highland Park, Illinois, shooting took place on July 4, killing seven and injuring 46 others, the campaign scrambled to keep the ad from hitting the airwaves, according to emails obtained by The Intercept.

The campaign ad, approved by Johnson and paid for by his Senate campaign committee as he seeks reelection, laid blame for the “latest mass murder” on President Joe Biden’s immigration policies. “Fifty-three people, including five children, were murdered by human traffickers because Joe Biden’s open border policy is facilitating the multibillion-dollar business model of some of the most evil people on the planet,” the ad continued, referencing an abandoned truck trailer recently discovered in San Antonio, Texas. “Human, sex, and drug trafficking are out of control because of Democrat governance.”

The day after the shooting, an executive from one of the companies contracted to produce the campaign radio ad, Katz Radio Group, frantically notified colleagues to suspend it. The following emails were provided to The Intercept by a source close to the Katz Radio Group on condition of anonymity to avoid reprisal.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Kendra wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:08 pm Does Johnson have his own thread?

https://theintercept.com/2022/07/07/mas ... -campaign/
“THE LATEST MASS murder in America didn’t involve guns,” Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wis., said in a recorded campaign radio ad slated to appear on July 6. But when the Highland Park, Illinois, shooting took place on July 4, killing seven and injuring 46 others, the campaign scrambled to keep the ad from hitting the airwaves, according to emails obtained by The Intercept.

The campaign ad, approved by Johnson and paid for by his Senate campaign committee as he seeks reelection, laid blame for the “latest mass murder” on President Joe Biden’s immigration policies. “Fifty-three people, including five children, were murdered by human traffickers because Joe Biden’s open border policy is facilitating the multibillion-dollar business model of some of the most evil people on the planet,” the ad continued, referencing an abandoned truck trailer recently discovered in San Antonio, Texas. “Human, sex, and drug trafficking are out of control because of Democrat governance.”

The day after the shooting, an executive from one of the companies contracted to produce the campaign radio ad, Katz Radio Group, frantically notified colleagues to suspend it. The following emails were provided to The Intercept by a source close to the Katz Radio Group on condition of anonymity to avoid reprisal.
I am really struggling to understand this argument. Human smuggling involves getting around laws, meaning all those 'tough on the border' ideas would involve MORE smuggling, not less.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Johnson is pandering to the same base that believe Italians and dead Mexicans used space lasers (or something) to control Dominion voting machines, which aren't even widely used, to throw the election to Joe Biden. Their campaign arguments don't need to make sense, they just need to demonize Democrats.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

A good guy with a telephone.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2022/7 ... -on-July-4
Richmond, Virginia, police credit ‘hero citizen’ for thwarting mass shooting on July 4

During a press conference Wednesday, Richmond Police Chief Gerald M. Smith explained that the primary target for the thwarted shooting was the Dogwood Dell Fourth of July event.

“A hero citizen picked up the phone and called our brave men and women at the second precinct,” Scott said.

After the tip came in on July 1, the police went to the subject’s house and seized two assault rifles, one handgun, and 223 rounds of ammunition.

Two suspects were ultimately arrested, and both were charged with “possession of firearms while being in the U.S. illegally.”

“They were planning to shoot up our Fourth of July celebration,” Smith said. “We know the intent. We do not know their motive,” Smith added.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Something about that story stinks. I think it's actually about some of them damn Mexicans having guns then somebody planning to shoot up the parade.

:think:

Just me, being cynical.

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Governor Roller Nazi is trying to get them all Lifetime Memberships in the NRA, so there is that.

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Gregg wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:36 pm Governor Roller Nazi is trying to get them all Lifetime Memberships in the NRA, so there is that.
Special discount with the NRA Target Supplier Scheme?
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Gift article link
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

whoah!
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Insane doomsday gun nut cannot believe that another insane doomsday gun nut might want what he has…

What he is came for what he had.

But no… it has to be some other fantastical explanation
Lani

Post by Lani »

Two paranoid men with guns. What could go wrong?
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Now if there only would have been a good guy with a gun ..... :twisted:
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

This is exactly the world he was working towards.

One where you would

Take

Use

Defend

Where the strong and heavily armed would be king.

Getting exactly what he dreamed of and worked for…

Irony…
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Except he forgot to employ the services of real security experts. They would have advised him on external detectors for intruders on the estate. They would have advised how to secure upper floors, like no balconies, and if, how to use shatter proofed glas on windows and doors. I dearly would like an inspection of his bunker, my guess it has several flaws.

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”