Gun Control

Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Gun Control

Post by Frater I*I »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:19 am So, how come you know that, Frater? Asking for a friend....
I worked with a guy that had owed two firearms shops, and he had an intimate knowledge of state and federal weapon laws, I was the wayward semi-liberal step son to his right wing step daddy...he is one of the big reasons I ended up getting an A&P cert...

His words "You're leaving money on the table you dumb [expletive deleted that beings with an F]"
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
pipistrelle

Gun Control

Post by pipistrelle »

Frater I*I wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:29 pm
pipistrelle wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:14 am :snippity:
Can you use it legally?
Yes, mind you that murder, arson, assault with a deadly weapon, ect are still crimes, but say someone breaks into your house you can roast them to a crisp and be in the clear...
and be featured in the stupid thread for burning your own house down.
Frater I*I

Gun Control

Post by Frater I*I »

RTH10260 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:19 pm :snippity:

When you go to play with your militia friends, do you first pour the concrete pillbox you intennd to take out, or do you only use it to lite the campfire and give the bbq steaks the extra roasty taste :?:

:twisted:
The militia types around here don't like me much, mainly because I was in the USMC and laugh at their cosplay...and the napalm is what gives the steaks it's special flavour....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Frater I*I

Gun Control

Post by Frater I*I »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:33 pm :snippity:
and be featured in the stupid thread for burning your own house down.
I didn't say it was a perfect plan :rotflmao:

Trent Reznor
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Gun Control

Post by RTH10260 »

Frater I*I wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:34 pm
RTH10260 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:19 pm :snippity:

When you go to play with your militia friends, do you first pour the concrete pillbox you intennd to take out, or do you only use it to lite the campfire and give the bbq steaks the extra roasty taste :?:

:twisted:
The militia types around here don't like me much, mainly because I was in the USMC and laugh at their cosplay...and the napalm is what gives the steaks it's special flavour....
Apocalypse Now ....
RTH10260

Gun Control

Post by RTH10260 »

Switches that make guns automatic found in metro Atlanta almost daily, ATF says

Michael Seiden
Tue, February 21, 2023 at 4:16 PM GMT+1

It’s a normal gun, but a device the size of a Lego allows it to fire all the bullets inside with just one pull of the trigger.

It’s called a switch, and Channel 2 Action News has learned that they’re turning up all over metro Atlanta.

Switches are easy to find online and in pop culture. Some of the most popular hip-hop artists rap about them.

“Four Nick with a drum, a Glock with a switch,” raps PGF Nuk in “Glock with a Switch.”

They are the subject of countless rap songs.

“We pop out wit’ them Glocks now e’rybody got switches,” raps Lil Durk in “No Interviews.”

“Switches on me, all face shots, we changing dental plans, brah,” raps Lil Durk in “AHHH HA.”

The small, illegal devices known as switches are machine guns. Attach one to a gun and it becomes automatic.

James Nash, Special Agent with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives gave Channel 2′s Michael Seiden a demonstration of a switch at a gun range in Newnan.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/switches-gun ... 27616.html
(original. WSB Cox articles)

Details on this device (Glock specific) at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glock_switch
Volkonski
Verified:

Gun Control

Post by Volkonski »

U.S. judge rules Missouri state gun law is unconstitutional

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-jud ... 023-03-07/
A U.S. federal judge ruled that a Missouri state law aimed at invalidating many federal gun regulations was unconstitutional, handing the U.S. Justice Department a victory on Tuesday in its bid to get the law tossed out.

In a 24-page opinion, U.S. District Judge Brian Wimes for the Western District of Missouri wrote that the state's Second Amendment Preservation Act (SAPA), also known as "HB85," violates the supremacy clause of the U.S. Constitution, a doctrine which holds that federal laws take priority over conflicting state laws.

"SAPA’s practical effects are counterintuitive to its stated purpose," Wimes wrote.

"While purporting to protect citizens, SAPA exposes citizens to greater harm by interfering with the federal government’s ability to enforce lawfully enacted firearms regulations designed by Congress for the purpose of protecting citizens."
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Gun Control

Post by Volkonski »

Biden expected to sign new executive order on gun control

https://apnews.com/article/biden-guns-m ... 7ce5ecd501
President Joe Biden is expected to sign an executive order on Tuesday aiming to increase the number of background checks to buy guns, promote better and more secure firearms storage and ensure U.S. law enforcement agencies are getting the most out of a bipartisan gun control law enacted last summer.

The Democratic president plans to unveil his latest efforts at curbing gun violence in a speech from Monterey Park, California, said a senior White House official, who discussed the order ahead of its signing on the condition of anonymity. In January, a gunman stormed a dance hall in the community near Los Angeles and shot 20 people, killing 11, following a Lunar New Year celebration.

Biden’s rhetoric has only grown stronger around guns — he calls for banning so-called assault weapons routinely in his speeches — and Democrats didn’t push such a vocal anti-gun platform even during the Obama administration, when Biden was vice president. But Biden has been emboldened by the midterms after his regular talk of gun control didn’t result in massive losses, and he’s expected to continue to push for strong changes as he inches toward a 2024 run, his aides say.

Biden invited Brandon Tsay, the 26-year-old who wrestled the semi-automatic pistol away from the gunman in Monterey Park, to his State of the Union address and praised the young man’s heroism.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Dave from down under

Gun Control

Post by Dave from down under »

Way past time to regulate the militia and remove tort protection from merchants of death IMO

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-03-15/ ... /102096030

US President Joe Biden has issued an executive order that reinforces background checks for gun buyers, in what the White House is promoting as the most-comprehensive policy the president can enact without the approval of Congress.

Key points:
The order aims to strengthen federal support for red flag laws that aim to stop gun sales to people legally deemed dangerous
President Joe Biden also encouraged safe storage and an analysis of how gun manufacturers market firearms, including to minors
He is planning on discussing the plans with gun violence victims in California, where a shooter recently killed 11 and injured nine others
The order also aims to strengthen federal support for red flag laws passed in 19 states and the District of Columbia that intend to stop gun sales to people legally deemed dangerous to themselves or others.

Mr Biden's order also encourages safe storage of guns and he has asked the Federal Trade Commission to analyse how gun manufacturers market firearms, including to minors.

His move follows previous executive action taken by the administration seeking to reduce gun violence.

The White House — which released the order — said Mr Biden planned to discuss its contents on Tuesday with gun violence victims in Monterey Park, California, where a shooter opened fire in a dance hall on January 21, killing 11 people and injuring nine others.

With more than 40,000 US gun deaths per year, Mr Biden is betting voters in the 2024 presidential election will embrace more-proactive gun control.
RTH10260

Gun Control

Post by RTH10260 »

Judge blocks California law requiring safety features for handguns

Brendan Pierson
Mon, March 20, 2023 at 9:35 PM GMT+1

(Reuters) -A federal judge on Monday blocked California from enforcing a state law requiring new semiautomatic handguns to have certain safety features, finding it violates the right to bear arms under the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.

The ruling by U.S. District Judge Cormac Carney in Santa Anna, California is the latest in a line of decisions striking down state gun laws following a U.S. Supreme Court ruling last year expanding gun rights. The judge said it would not take effect for 14 days to give the state a chance to appeal.

The California Rifle & Pistol Association and four individuals sued the state last year to challenge the law. The association hailed the ruling while the office of California Attorney General Rob Bonta did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The 2001 law, known as the Unsafe Handgun Act, requires new semiautomatic handguns to have an indicator showing when there is a round in the chamber and a mechanism to prevent firing when the magazine is not fully inserted, both meant to prevent accidental discharge. It also requires that they stamp a serial number onto bullets they fire, known as microstamping.

A previous challenge to the law was rejected by the San Francisco-based 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in 2018. But the new lawsuit was filed less than six weeks after the U.S. Supreme Court ruled in June that gun control measures must be consistent with the nation's historical tradition of gun control regulation.

The plaintiffs said the law failed that test and severely restricted Californians' right to own guns, because no new guns are being manufactured that comply with the requirements. That means buyers in the state are limited to models from before 2013, when the law fully took effect, the plaintiffs said.

Carney, who was appointed by Republican former President George W. Bush, agreed, finding the plaintiffs were likely to win and granting their request for a preliminary order blocking the law.

He said the state had failed to point to any historical parallel for it and that Californians "should not be forced to settle for decade-old models of handguns."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/judge-blocks ... 20968.html
RTH10260

Gun Control

Post by RTH10260 »

Why gun control is needed

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Gun Control

Post by Foggy »

Reporters who can't spell Santa Ana, CA. There's a big airport, hint hint, wink wink. :roll:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
MN-Skeptic

Gun Control

Post by MN-Skeptic »

:yeahthat:

Amen!
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Gun Control

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Way to go, preacher!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Gregg

Gun Control

Post by Gregg »

Gym Jordan will have his ass in front of a Committee for that.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
busterbunker

Gun Control

Post by busterbunker »

Yeah, The Select Subcommittee on the Weaponization of Jesus.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Gun Control

Post by raison de arizona »

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Gun Control

Congressman Ogles from...TN. He previously posted this on his Instagram. I'm sure he's changed his mind on the topic since then. /sarcasm

Also, video of the amazing red wall of silence.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Gun Control

There is no gun violence.
raison de arizona

Gun Control

If only we could figure out something that worked to prevent firearm deaths.
raison de arizona

Gun Control

069453E2-148F-4D66-BB7E-4A7CF81710F8.jpeg
069453E2-148F-4D66-BB7E-4A7CF81710F8.jpeg (60.71 KiB) Viewed 550 times
raison de arizona

Gun Control

It's getting harder to enjoy the day.
Ricky Davila @TheRickyDavila wrote: This is Sportscaster Dale Hansen on mass school shootings and spilling all sorts of truth. Watched it multiple times and had to share.
raison de arizona

Gun Control

What a surprise. Law enforcement turn out not to be terribly excited about concealed carry without a permit. Whodathunkit?
Sheriff John Mina @SheriffMina wrote: Permit-less carry will only make things more difficult for law enforcement.
The Problem With Jon Stewart @TheProblem wrote: Gov. DeSantis just signed a bill that allows people to carry concealed weapons without a permit, making Florida the 26th state to allow permitless carry. We spoke to Florida @SheriffMina who said this won’t make his state safer — in fact, just the opposite.
raison de arizona

Gun Control

A wee little gun that folds up into a card shape.
0A9238D4-2234-46AE-974D-58865D2F60DA.png
0A9238D4-2234-46AE-974D-58865D2F60DA.png (195.74 KiB) Viewed 411 times
https://www.badworkes.com/products/lifecard
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Gun Control

Post by Slim Cognito »

It looks like a piece of crap that would blow your hand off. Am I wrong? I know diddly squat about guns.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”