Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

#46 President Joseph "Joe" Robinette Biden Jr. 11/20/42 Scorpio & VP Kamala Devi Harris 10/20/64 Libra

Let's get back to normalcy. Does normalcy fit into your schedule?
pipistrelle

Re: #46 President Joseph "Joe" Robinette Biden Jr. & Vice President Kamala Devi Harris

Post by pipistrelle »

I’m impressed he can get down on one knee. And up. :o
Phoenix520
Verified:

Re: #46 President Joseph "Joe" Robinette Biden Jr. & Vice President Kamala Devi Harris

Post by Phoenix520 »

Is this the place where urumpers stood across the street yelling FUCK BIDEN! TRUMP WON!?
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Dear Zeus, how refreshing is it to have an actual human being as POTUS, rather than the scum of the earth...

Black and withered as it is, I think my heart actually had beat for a sec....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Phoenix520 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:06 am Is this the place where urumpers stood across the street yelling FUCK BIDEN! TRUMP WON!?
Yes, they did. Yelled it right out there for all those kids to hear.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Here's a livestream of the Oct 21 Biden Town Hall with Anderson Cooper -- live 8-9pm EDT. It's a pleasure hearing President Biden's optimism and the really remarkable changes he's proposing to help Americans.

ETA 9:30pm EDT -- The livestream is still running with Cuomo, Dana Bash, Paul Bagala and other guests. We thought it was terrific! There was a lot of news. President Biden was terrific, relaxed and knowledgable about a broad range of questions. It was a 90 minute Town Hall. He called the Build Back Better act a Bigger Fuc*ing Deal than the ACA because there's more money for Obamacare and for many other programs like family care, reducing taxes and the other elements. There will be many stories about the news that broke. We're so happy to see somebody putting Americans first. He shattered any notion he's not in charge. He was funny and substantive, optimistic and realistic. He was in command of the presidency and the Trumpers will be mad as hell. :thumbsup:
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Most ‘Havana Syndrome’ Cases Unlikely Caused by Foreign Power, C.I.A. Says
A report concluded that most cases have environmental or medical causes, but the government remains focused on investigating two dozen incidents that remain unexplained.

By Julian E. Barnes
Jan. 20, 2022 Updated 8:09 a.m. ET

WASHINGTON — The C.I.A. has found that most cases of the mysterious ailments known as Havana syndrome are unlikely to have been caused by Russia or another foreign adversary, agency officials said, a conclusion that angered victims.

A majority of the 1,000 cases reported to the government can be explained by environmental causes, undiagnosed medical conditions or stress, rather than a sustained global campaign by a foreign power, C.I.A. officials said, describing the interim findings of a comprehensive study.

The C.I.A. is continuing its investigation into two dozen cases that remain unexplained. Those cases, said a U.S. official briefed on the findings, offer the greatest chance of yielding clues to whether a foreign power is responsible for some of the unexplained health incidents that have plagued American diplomats and C.I.A. personnel in Havana and Vienna, among other cities.

In addition to those two dozen cases, a significant number of others remain unexplained, the official said.

The idea that Russia, China or Cuba was responsible for attacking hundreds of diplomats around the world was never backed up by any evidence that the Biden administration could unearth. But the F.B.I., the Pentagon and others continue to investigate whether a foreign power was involved in a smaller number of incidents, the U.S. official said. Clusters of incidents in Havana beginning in 2016 and some in Vienna in 2021, along with other individual incidents, remain a focus of such investigations.

The interim findings left many victims dissatisfied, particularly current and former officials who have been battling chronic ailments for years without being given a clear explanation. In a statement, a group of victims said the C.I.A. interim findings “cannot and must not be the final word on the matter.” The release of the findings, the victims said, was a breach of faith.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/20/us/p ... eport.html
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:18 am
A majority of the 1,000 cases reported to the government can be explained by environmental causes, undiagnosed medical conditions or stress, rather than a sustained global campaign by a foreign power, C.I.A. officials said, describing the interim findings of a comprehensive study.
If most of the cases were caused by "environmental causes, undiagnosed medical conditions or stress", why hasn't this shown up in other embassies/consulates?

Surely those environmental conditions would be present elsewhere. Maybe not everywhere, but I find it hard to believe that such conditions are unique to Havana.

Surely, some staff in every embassy/consulate has undiagnosed medical conditions.

Surely, stress is an ever-present risk in some embassies.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

noblepa wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:01 pm
RTH10260 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:18 am
If most of the cases were caused by "environmental causes, undiagnosed medical conditions or stress", why hasn't this shown up in other embassies/consulates?

Surely those environmental conditions would be present elsewhere. Maybe not everywhere, but I find it hard to believe that such conditions are unique to Havana.

Surely, some staff in every embassy/consulate has undiagnosed medical conditions.

Surely, stress is an ever-present risk in some embassies.
There have been other cases with US diplomats elsewhere as other people (diplomats?) describing similar symptoms.

Wikipedia has a writeup at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Havana_syndrome
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:15 pm
Kinda want Harris to take a recorded one-on-one meeting with one of her haters while sipping out of that mug. "No, you go on...."
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Black Farmers Fear Foreclosure as Debt Relief Remains Frozen
Lawsuits from white farmers have blocked $4 billion of pandemic aid that was allocated to Black farmers in the American Rescue Plan.

By Alan Rappeport
Feb. 21, 2022
WASHINGTON — For Brandon Smith, a fourth-generation cattle rancher from Texas, the $1.9 trillion stimulus package that President Biden signed into law nearly a year ago was long-awaited relief.

Little did he know how much longer he would have to wait.

The legislation included $4 billion of debt forgiveness for Black and other “socially disadvantaged” farmers, a group that has endured decades of discrimination from banks and the federal government. Mr. Smith, a Black father of four who owes about $200,000 in outstanding loans on his ranch, quickly signed and returned documents to the Agriculture Department last year, formally accepting the debt relief. He then purchased more equipment for his ranch, believing that he had been given a financial lifeline.

Instead, Mr. Smith has fallen deeper into debt. Months after signing the paperwork he received a notice informing him that the federal government intended to “accelerate” foreclosure on his 46-acre property and cattle if he did not start making payments on the loans he believed had been forgiven.

“I trusted the government that we had a deal, and down here at the end of the day, the rug gets pulled out from under me,” Mr. Smith, 43, said in an interview.

Black farmers across the nation have yet to see any of Mr. Biden’s promised relief. While the president has pledged to pursue policies to promote racial equity and correct decades of discrimination, legal issues have complicated that goal.

In May 2021, the Agriculture Department started sending letters to borrowers who were eligible to have their debt cleared, asking them to sign and return forms confirming their balances. The payments, which also are supposed to cover tax liabilities and fees associated with clearing the debt, were expected to come in phases beginning in June.

But the entire initiative has been stymied amid lawsuits from white farmers and groups representing them that questioned whether the government could offer debt relief based on race.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/21/us/p ... elief.html
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Re: #46 President Joseph "Joe" Robinette Biden Jr. 11/20/42 Scorpio & VP Kamala Devi Harris 10/20/64 Libra

Post by Foggy »

That's right, extraordinary unity. Biden doing a hell of a job.

We have another Joe Biden thread around here someplace. I think I'm gonna merge them. Prove me wrong.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: #46 President Joseph "Joe" Robinette Biden Jr. 11/20/42 Scorpio & VP Kamala Devi Harris 10/20/64 Libra

Post by raison de arizona »

Kinda misleading since it starts at $2B rather than zero, but still…
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the "Progressives" in your country lose becasue they never, ever, have their presidents back, especially when he does what they want. All they do is attack. And not the people they should be attacking, but "their" President.

Example #7,347,610: Not even an hour after the first black woman Supreme was appointed;

https://twitter.com/Angry_Staffer/statu ... 2276006915
Angry Staffer 🌻@Angry_Staffer
35m

Biden: literally most progressive POTUS ever

Twitter: but where’s my unicorn?
Hic sunt dracones

Return to “Biden Administration”