Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Food but not recipes

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Re: Food but not recipes

Post by Foggy »

Everyone's being very polite, but I have to say, that looks absolutely disgusting, like some horrible space alien took a dump on your plate. I accept that it was delicious, and I might even try a bite, if I ever get the opportunity. I'm not saying it's bad food, I'm saying it's ... unattractive.

Except, perhaps, to another squid. :shrug:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

I'm pretty sure that wouldn't even fall in to my category of "at least give it a taste". Nope not gonna happen :talktothehand:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

MsDaisy wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:07 pm My only problem is that I have a pretty small stomach that can never hold nearly what my eyes want to eat! :lol:
Oh, I envy you.
101010 :towel:
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Estiveoshot_20220313_115529.jpg
Image Image Image Image
jez
Verified: ✅ Medicated

Post by jez »

I made salmon for the first time ever, and it's the first time I've eaten any in years. But, need to switch up the diet to something more anti-inflammatory, which means less mammal meat and more fish. Going pretty much pescatarian, it seems. :)

The salmon turned out very very yummy. Flaky, moist, flavorful, and freaking easy to make! Foil packets for the win!
“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
filly

Post by filly »

jez wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:36 pm I made salmon for the first time ever, and it's the first time I've eaten any in years. But, need to switch up the diet to something more anti-inflammatory, which means less mammal meat and more fish. Going pretty much pescatarian, it seems. :)

The salmon turned out very very yummy. Flaky, moist, flavorful, and freaking easy to make! Foil packets for the win!
I find just baking it at 400 degrees for 20 minutes is pretty perfect. I have a sauce I make with garlic, balsamic vinegar, honey and a touch of mustard to be very easy and quick. My husband loves it.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Maybe we can still import oysters from Louisiana. :?
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

So, what else tastes like chicken?

;)
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Volkonski wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:54 pm :snippity:

So, what else tastes like chicken?

;)
Nothing!!!

You know what tastes like chicken? Original Frikken Recipe tastes like chicken. Expert tip: If there is no picture of the Colonel on the bucket, it doesn't taste like chicken!

I have travelled the world on a scale to rival Anthony Bourdain being told "Try it, it tastes like chicken" and NO IT DOES NOT. Come on people, try harder, I am literally from Kentucky and you're trying to tell me something that doesn't start "Kentucky Fried" tastes like chicken AND YOU LIE!

It might be good, it usually isn't but either way, it doesn't taste like chicken.

This rant when delivered in person channels my inner Sam Kinnison so at least try to imagine it that way as you read.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Yeah, I've been told everything from rattlesnake to guinea pigs tasted like chicken. They don't.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Back in my grocery store days (mid 1960s) in SE Massachusetts all our potatoes came from the North Fork of Long Island and Maine. Idaho? What's an Idaho? ;)

Shortly thereafter Idaho potatoes conquered the US market.

In those days Maine was a major supplier of canned shrimp and sardines. Not anymore. :( Those Maine shrimp had so much flavor. What you can buy now doesn't compare. :(
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Who eats raw oysters in Minnesota? :?

Seems these were Pacific oysters from British Columbia. Still.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Having worked in a grocery store I can see all kinds of problems implementing this.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Nice that some types of shellfish remain abundant.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

OK, Putin has gone too far. :mad:

bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

AndyinPA wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:40 pm Yeah, I've been told everything from rattlesnake to guinea pigs tasted like chicken. They don't.
I can assure you shark steak has pork chop taste and texture.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

https://www.fodors.com/news/photos/deba ... -the-world
Debatably the Most Delicious 11 (UNESCO-Awarded!) Foodie Destinations in the World

If you thought UNESCO was limited to only man-made and natural structures, think again.

For many travelers, the ultimate travel bucket list would involve more than a handful of UNESCO World Heritage Sites. As of 2021, more than 1,121 monuments are listed as UNESCO sites and scattered over 167 countries, with Italy and China having the most sites at 55. But if you thought UNESCO sites were only limited to physical structures (both man-made and natural), you will be surprised to find out that UNESCO also has a list that celebrates worldly cultures. Known as the UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage List, the catalog celebrates traditions and “living expressions” passed down from ancestors, including everything from performing arts like tango in Argentina to rituals like the midsummer celebrations in Finland.

These acts or customs are considered fragile heritage practices that should be safeguarded. Cultural identities are heavily rooted in all the UNESCO Intangible Heritage List awardees, and often include experiences or cuisine many travelers seek out when traveling abroad. Earlier this year, the Italian Agriculture Minister confirmed a request for their Italian espresso to be added to the list. Bellissimo! As a self-professed foodie, I hold both my Asian and Western culinary roots close to my heart and celebrate them daily with friends and family— whether it is eating a Spring Festival dinner to celebrate the Lunar New Year or lazing down on a beach and having a traditional Aussie BBQ, which has yet to be added to the list.

With 25 food-focused UNESCO-approved food cultures already on the list, here are my favorites. With COVID-19 putting a slight halt on many travel plans for the last couple of years, what better way to move through a new travel bucket list that breaks away from visiting overtouristed sites. Here are just 11 of our favorite UNESCO Intangible Cultural inductees that allow armchair travelers to indulge. Where would you start?

"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Ol' Wifehorn outdid herself, OMG this is the best key lime pie I ever tasted.

FB_IMG_1651587421737.jpg
Out from under. :thumbsup:

Return to “General Stuff”