Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Food but not recipes

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Re: Food but not recipes

Post by Foggy »

This is how the zombies get started ... :shock:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Oscar Meyer has turned into a craft brewer. Let's see what bizarre things we can stick into our product today.
101010 :towel:
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

Not exactly food, but how many fogbozers out there own Cutco? I got my first bits of Cutco back in the 70's and since I've acquired an entire rack of it, including a pair of Cutco garden shears. Every piece is 100% guaranteed for life, if they can't sharpen it to brand new condition they replace it at no charge for life. You can leave this stuff to your kids and it will still be guaranteed for life. I send mine in to be sharpened every year and have had lots of free replacements over the years, especially the garden shears, I usually always get a new pair of those.

Disclamer... I do not sell Cutco, nor do I have any investments in it, other than my knives. Just sharing for those who don't know Cutco and really wish they had a good set of knives.... I Love it.

I just got a notice that my stuff is done and out for delivery. It'll be home by 8pm!

https://www.cutco.com
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

MsDaisy wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:06 am :snippity:
We had discussed Cutco knives on the Oldbow, having spent 7+ years in food service I've worked with their products many times, best you can get. Period.

But you might need a second mortgage to get a set...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

Frater I*I wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:15 am
We had discussed Cutco knives on the Oldbow, having spent 7+ years in food service I've worked with their products many times, best you can get. Period.

:lol: True but not if you get one at a time for birthdays and Christmas like I did.
filly

Post by filly »

MsDaisy wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:06 am Not exactly food, but how many fogbozers out there own Cutco? I got my first bits of Cutco back in the 70's and since I've acquired an entire rack of it, including a pair of Cutco garden shears. Every piece is 100% guaranteed for life, if they can't sharpen it to brand new condition they replace it at no charge for life. You can leave this stuff to your kids and it will still be guaranteed for life. I send mine in to be sharpened every year and have had lots of free replacements over the years, especially the garden shears, I usually always get a new pair of those.

Disclamer... I do not sell Cutco, nor do I have any investments in it, other than my knives. Just sharing for those who don't know Cutco and really wish they had a good set of knives.... I Love it.

I just got a notice that my stuff is done and out for delivery. It'll be home by 8pm!

https://www.cutco.com
I own one Cutco knife. My husband was a guest speaker at a conference and he told me they were sending him a package with "some junk." It was a Cutco and a Cutco cheese spreader (so I guess that's two) with his name and the event engraved on the cheese spreader. The knife is very good but not one of my "go to" knives. That award goes to my Global knives, thanks to Estiveo :lovestruck: :lovestruck: who lured me into buying some. I love them so much I have a set in each place we inhabit. Mr. Filly sharpens then for me and does a great job. Williams Sonoma will also sharpen them for life since I bought them there, but that is not a convenient option for me.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

I do loves me my Global knives.
Image Image Image Image
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

Estiveo wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:03 pm I do loves me my Global knives.
Never heard of them but looked them up. Looks very fancy.
Liz

Post by Liz »

I've had replace a lost steak knife on two different occasions... $65 each time.
filly

Post by filly »

Liz wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:59 pm

I've had replace a lost steak knife on two different occasions... $65 each time.
:cantlook: I bought two sets of steak knives from Amazon that were recommended by Wirecutter. I don't think I paid more than $65 for four of them. They are high end, not cerated (which means you can sharpen them if needed) and we use them just about every day (hubby likes to cut other meat besides steak with them). Messermeister Avanta 4-Piece 5 Fine Edge Steak Knife Set, Pakkawood Handle

Of course I never put them in the dishwasher!
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

filly wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:13 pm Of course I never put them in the dishwasher!
The only thing I ever put in the dishwasher is food. We have 3 country cats and the dishwasher hasn't worked in nearly 15 years but it makes a hell of a good food safe that the cats can't get into. I use it for thawing stuff out to protecting prepared dishes :lol: I'm a wash as I go kind of cook anyway, even when it worked I hardly ever used it, there's just the two of us here and I can wash up in 10/15 minutes most of the time and the dishwasher was always noisy and ran for a long time.
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

MsDaisy wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:41 pm
filly wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:13 pm Of course I never put them in the dishwasher!
The only thing I ever put in the dishwasher is food. We have 3 country cats and the dishwasher hasn't worked in nearly 15 years but it makes a hell of a good food safe that the cats can't get into. I use it for thawing stuff out to protecting prepared dishes :lol: I'm a wash as I go kind of cook anyway, even when it worked I hardly ever used it, there's just the two of us here and I can wash up in 10/15 minutes most of the time and the dishwasher was always noisy and ran for a long time.
I have a dishwasher. I have never used it for it's intended purpose. It is storage for canning equipment.
filly

Post by filly »

The modern dishwashers are so quiet that one of mine has a light that shines on the floor to let you know it's running! The one at the summer home does not have the light but it's quieter than the fancy one!
northland10

Post by northland10 »

MsDaisy wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:06 am Disclamer... I do not sell Cutco, nor do I have any investments in it, other than my knives. Just sharing for those who don't know Cutco and really wish they had a good set of knives.... I Love it.
Disclaimer, I sold Cutco, for a month. I loved the product (and still do) but I hated doing direct sales (and still do). I still have my demo set after 30 years and still love it. I keep meaning to go back to their website and order a few more things, such as the shears I lost in an earlier move.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

I use Henckels myself. Purchased one piece at a time over many years. I take them to a guy for sharpening.

Pros: Light weight, and deadly on a carrot or chicken back.
Cons: carbon steel that stains and rusts if you turn your back.
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

northland10 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:56 pm
MsDaisy wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:06 am Disclamer... I do not sell Cutco, nor do I have any investments in it, other than my knives. Just sharing for those who don't know Cutco and really wish they had a good set of knives.... I Love it.
Disclaimer, I sold Cutco, for a month. I loved the product (and still do) but I hated doing direct sales (and still do). I still have my demo set after 30 years and still love it. I keep meaning to go back to their website and order a few more things, such as the shears I lost in an earlier move.
My newest piece is the potato peeler, OMG what a difference to that little POS I use to have! The shears are great, both the kitchen and the garden ones.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I bought impossible burgers from Costco and cooked them tonight. I approve.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

AndyinPA wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:04 pm I bought impossible burgers from Costco and cooked them tonight. I approve.
I like them. My dietitian told me they’re no better for you than regular beef patties, but they’re no worse either. So she said eat them if you want to. I’m allergic to beef, and every now and then I get a hankering for hamburger. The impossible brand is much better than Beyond Meat.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Bird flu spreads to Poland, hitting farms totalling 650,000 poultry

https://www.reuters.com/business/health ... 021-11-08/
Poland has reported several outbreaks of highly pathogenic H5N1 bird flu at poultry farms with flocks totalling nearly 650,000 birds, the World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE) said on Monday.

Poland is the European Union's largest poultry producer.

Five outbreaks, of which four were at fattening turkey farms and one at a chicken broiler farm, were found in the eastern part of the country while another was discovered at a turkey and geese farm in the western part of the country, the OIE said, citing a report from Polish authorities.

Bird flu, most often carried from one country to the other by migrating wild birds, has been spreading rapidly in Europe, raising concern in the poultry industry after previous outbreaks led to the culling of tens of millions of birds and international trade restrictions.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

It's National Fast Food Day! :?
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
northland10

Post by northland10 »

The Thai place a block away from me is nearly fast enough to be called fast food. I make an order then need to head out quickly because they have once or twice managed to be ready before I even got my shoes on.

So, I think of them as fast food in terms of time (yummy in terms of quality).
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Oh dear...
Estiveoshot_20211122_175131.jpg
Image Image Image Image
filly

Post by filly »

:sick:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

The house smells amazing right now. The turkey and the cloved yams are roasting for tomorrow. The bread is rising. Add the scent of freshly chopped trinity for the stuffing. Layer that with the raspberry cranberry chutney in the blender.
filly

Post by filly »

Estiveo wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:03 pm I do loves me my Global knives.
I live your Global knives too!

Return to “General Stuff”