Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Kevin McCarthy

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Chilidog

Kevin McCarthy

Post by Chilidog »

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy tried to rewrite history on Thursday by claiming that he was not involved in former President Donald Trump's efforts to overturn the election in a heated exchange during a news briefing.

When asked by CNN's Manu Raju why it was acceptable for him to support Trump's efforts to overturn the presidential election in Congress but to criticize Democrats for doing the same in a contested Iowa US House race, McCarthy repeatedly rejected the notion that he was trying to overturn the election at all.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/18/politics ... l9DerS7HpU
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Re: Kevin McCarthy

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

McCarthy done drank the Flavor Aid! :mrgreen:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:41 am McCarthy done drank the Flavor Aid! :mrgreen:
I did that long ago when he went down to FL to kiss the ring of the Plague King...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I've never seen him as a bright man. I'm surprised he's still House Minority Leader.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

All the bright people were washing their hair.
Hic sunt dracones
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

AndyinPA wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:08 pm I've never seen him as a bright man. I'm surprised he's still House Minority Leader.
The only other member of the House GOP caucus with enough support to get the job appears to be certified crazy person Jim/Gym Jordan. Republican voters' prejudice against intelligent and sane people are driving all of them out of Congress.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Next time Trump goes in for a colonoscopy they’ll find Kevin McCarthy. @GOPLeader
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Uh... Pocahontas? Or can we call him Tonto?

https://twitter.com/NoLieWithBTC/status ... 4494168064
No Lie with Brian Tyler Cohen@NoLieWithBTC
BREAKING: Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy's family has benefitted more than $7 million from a US program for minorities by claiming to be Native American.
4:58 AM · Aug 31, 2021·Twitter Web App
:mad:
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

Suranis wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:41 pm Uh... Pocahontas? Or can we call him Tonto?

BREAKING: Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy's family has benefitted more than $7 million from a US program for minorities by claiming to be Native American.
I wonder why this is hitting the news again three years later.

Not that he isn't still a big fat loser.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

This seems rather Obstructiony
Estiveoshot_20210831_161748.jpg
Image Image Image Image
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

Suranis wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:41 pm Uh... Pocahontas? Or can we call him Tonto?

8-)
Just as a matter of interest... Pocahontas was in fact my 9 times great grandmother 8-)
raison de arizona

McCarthy comes out firmly in support of correcting Covid misinformation.

Oh wait.

I meant in support of Covid misinformation.
Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy (CA-23) released the following statement on Twitter’s continued and dangerous efforts to silence Americans:

“Diversity of opinion is the lifeblood of our democracy. And yet that fundamental American value is under assault by Big Tech—entities that have amassed more power and more control over more speech than any other institution in history. Their recent decisions to silence Americans — including a sitting member of Congress and renowned physicians — who share views different from the political and media elite have real world costs.

“In fact, as we get more information on the virus it is clear many of the views once demonized by technology companies and the political elite are turning out to be true. The doctrines of lockdowns, school closures, and the threat of covid-19 illness according to age groups and previous infection are currently being reversed. On the other end of the spectrum, Americans on the political left, including popular cable news hosts, members of Congress, and even the Vice President have themselves made public comments that are now universally understood to be false. Yet, they face no repercussions from the gatekeepers of America’s town square.

“It is clear any speech that does not fit Big Tech’s orthodoxy gets muzzled. America is poorer for that conduct. Congressional Democrats, despite having a majority in both Houses of Congress, have shown zero interest in passing laws that will promote a diversity of views. To that end, I have directed our relevant committees and task forces to continue their work in getting answers – voluntarily or through rigorous congressional oversight — from Twitter and other Big Tech companies surrounding their decision to silence certain Americans and to hold these companies accountable. Big Tech platforms should not be allowed to use the shield of Section 230, which was designed to foster an open internet, to censor first amendment protected free speech. House Republicans will be ready to take action that protects Americans when they express their constitutionally safeguarded views, just like we have laws on the books today that prohibit discrimination by corporations in many other contexts.

“The American experiment is dependent on the freedom and ability of Americans to express themselves, which Republicans are fighting to preserve.”
https://www.republicanleader.gov/leader ... americans/
:yankyank:
filly

Post by filly »

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
raison de arizona

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy says he can't recall a phone call with Republicans where he said Trump admitted to bearing some responsibility for 1/6.

Luckily he doesn't have to — there's audio.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Liz Cheney was still on the inside early on. She must have heard and seen a lot that she can draw on with her interactions with McCarthy.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

“Kevin McCarthy must think you’re stupid ... spare us the crocodile tears, congressman” says
@JohnAvlon
as he breaks down the House Minority Leader’s about-face on the events of Jan. 6. “It’s sad to see a grown man so scared of an ex-president.” #RealityCheck
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

raison de arizona

Rep. McGovern after McCarthy finishes speaking on House floor: "I'm not going to be lectured by someone who takes their marching orders from Donald Trump, who said Putin's invasion of Ukraine was a genius and savvy move."
"I wish the gentleman would of condemned that. And listening to that speech, you would think that Joe Biden invaded Ukraine."
tek

Post by tek »

McGovern is good people.
raison de arizona

Alex Jones: “Doesn’t McCarthy live with another man? And they have, like, a model of the WH together and they pose as the president in there?

Roger: “Yeah, that’s kind of weird .. But look, I’m not here to attack other people and their lifestyle choices.”
raison de arizona

McCarthy doesn't like to be reminded.
https://twitter.com/GOPLeader/status/15 ... 2782433287
‘I’ve Had It With This Guy’: G.O.P. Leaders Privately Blasted Trump After Jan. 6
In the days after the attack, Representative Kevin McCarthy planned to tell Mr. Trump to resign. Senator Mitch McConnell told allies impeachment was warranted. But their fury faded fast.
:snippity:
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/21/us/p ... arthy.html
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

They're all spineless
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
raison de arizona

But… but… McCarthy said that reporting was “totally false and wrong,” shirley that tape must be a fake.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

CNN just broadcast new audio of McCarthy unambiguously blaming Trump for the January 6 attack during a House Republican Conference call on January 11, 2021. In the audio, McCarthy also claims Trump acknowledged to him that he bears responsibility for January 6.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

"See? Completely false and wrong! In fact, ask yourself why the Democrat Party is so obssessed with what I may have said or done 15 months ago. You don't see our side of the aisle obssessing with election-related nonsense that far back! We're totally living in the now!" - Kevin McCarthy or something.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"

Return to “Current Politics”