Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Kevin McCarthy

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
AndyinPA
Verified:

Re: Kevin McCarthy

Post by AndyinPA »

:rotflmao:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Elizabeth Warren doesn’t hold back.
.@SenWarren: "Kevin McCarthy is a liar and a traitor. This is outrageous and that is really the illness that prevails the Republican leadership right now. [...] Shame on Kevin McCarthy." hill.cm/djyt6cD
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

:clap:
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

Eric Swalwell calls McCarthy a 24karat liar.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

"McCarthy got a standing ovation after defending himself with House Republicans...But now, billboards erected in McCarthy’s district are sending a different message...'WE’VE HEARD THE TAPES, KEVIN,' the billboards say. 'Stop lying about January 6th.'"
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Of course he got a standing ovation. It's MAGA Theater. And that's why it's bad news for Biden.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

New audio: McCarthy said 25th Amendment 'takes too long' and wanted to reach out to Biden after January 6 attack

By Clare Foran and Melanie Zanona, CNN
Updated 1414 GMT (2214 HKT) May 5, 2022

(CNN)House Republican leader Kevin McCarthy discussed the 25th Amendment on a call with GOP leadership days after the January 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol and said the process "takes too long," according to an audio recording obtained by two New York Times reporters and shared with CNN.

McCarthy also said during the call that he wanted to reach out to then-President-elect Joe Biden as he expressed hope for a "smooth transition," and said he thought impeachment would further divide the nation.

The call took place on January 8, 2021, and the audio was obtained for the new book "This Will Not Pass: Trump, Biden, and the Battle for America's Future," by Jonathan Martin and Alex Burns.

At one point in the recording, McCarthy asks an aide for a readout of what House Democrats had been discussing internally. The aide responds, "I think the options that have been cited by the Democrats so far are the 25th Amendment, which is not exactly an elegant solution here."
McCarthy interjects to say, "That takes too long too. It could go back to the House, right?"

The aide responds, "Correct. If the President were to submit a letter overruling the Cabinet and the vice president, two-thirds vote in the House and the Senate to overrule the President. So it's kind of an armful."

That same day, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi sent out a "Dear Colleague" letter to House Democrats raising the 25th Amendment as an option. The House ended up voting days later on a resolution calling on the vice president to activate the 25th Amendment, with only one Republican, Rep. Adam Kinzinger of Illinois, joining all Democrats to support the measure.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/05/04/poli ... index.html
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Kendra wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 6:07 pm
Maybe they were saying boooo-urns?

But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-end ... itter_page
Despite Donald Trump's own followers booing and calling Republican House leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) a “RINO,” the ex-president sent out a statement late Saturday night endorsing McCarthy in his quest for 2022 re-election. “Congressman Kevin McCarthy is an outstanding Representative,” Trump wrote, calling the GOP House leader “strong” and “fearless.” However, after posting the endorsement to his Truth Social platform, Trump's followers expressed disappointment in the comment section. “What the heck,” one user whose bio states they will vote for Trump a “third time,” wrote. “The guy [McCarthy] talks behind your back..yuck,” another pro-Trump user wrote. In supporting McCarthy, Trump has crossed some of his loudest supporters. Trumpworld allies, including Fox News contributor Leo Terrell and Roger Stone, have been two of the many voices leading attacks on McCarthy over being a “RINO” (Republican In Name Only). “California RINO Kevin McCarthy is a disgrace to the Republican Party, and he needs to resign,” Stone wrote at the end of April. Around the same time, hardcore MAGA Rep. Matt Gaetz responded in kind to a tweet that supported the idea of a “takeover” of House “leadership from RINO Kevin McCarthy.”
That seems to be all there is to the story, so no need to go to the link at this time.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I'm sure McCarthy humiliated himself well enough to get DFO's endorsement right after the attempted coup.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Kevin McCarthy previews GOP talking points for the J6 hearings: “Is this really a legitimate committee or is this a political committee going after their opponents and trying to raise money? Why would they have it in prime time?” Then brings up inflation, gas prices, the border
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:cantlook:

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

called 9/11 - did OBL answer the phone?

:twisted:
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:04 pm called 9/11 - did OBL answer the phone?

:twisted:
Apparently Rudy did, because there were a noun and a verb involved.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Suranis wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:41 pm Uh... Pocahontas? Or can we call him Tonto?

https://twitter.com/NoLieWithBTC/status ... 4494168064
No Lie with Brian Tyler Cohen@NoLieWithBTC
BREAKING: Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy's family has benefitted more than $7 million from a US program for minorities by claiming to be Native American.
4:58 AM · Aug 31, 2021·Twitter Web App
:mad:
Not Tonto. Tonto died in 1980 so this can't be him.

Maybe he is "Super-Chief #2"
Villainous Super-Chief of Dry Gulch
In Adventures of Superman Annual #9 (1997), a young Native American is revealed to be in possession of the meteorite amulet and has agreed to use the powers of Super-Chief to clear out the town of Dry Gulch to make way for a gambling resort. He is defeated by Superman.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
raison de arizona

That's one way to look at it. Another way would be to say that under Trump, they weren't caught and managed to get in.
Kevin McCarthy @GOPLeader wrote: 🚨 NEW 🚨
50 people on the terrorist watchlist have been arrested by Border Patrol since October. That is a huge increase over the last few fiscal years:

This year: 50
2021: 16
2020: 3
2019: 3
2018: 6
2017: 2

Biden's open border is leaving America less safe!
I lost the link. Oops. It's on his timeline.
raison de arizona

It will never be enough until government in small enough to drown in the bathtub. Oh, wait. Scratch that, back it up and reverse it.
Acyn @Acyn wrote: McCarthy: But as encouraging as today’s decision is, our work is far from done
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:torches:
raison de arizona

Manu Raju @mkraju wrote: House GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy told me he backs legislation to codify a 15-week ban on abortion, saying: "I'd support that."
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:liar: :liar: :liar:

CNN’s
@mkraju
presses House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy on whether he wanted to stop Trump from coming to the Capitol on January 6th.

McCarthy: “I don’t remember that … This is what is so confusing: I didn’t watch the speech. I was working, so I didn’t see what was said.”
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

He actually works?

I thought he just runs his mouth and kisses tfg's ring.

I meet my best friend (since 1960) for lunch about every 4-6 weeks in beautiful Bakersfield. We eat at a very nice casual restaurant with great food and wine.

The owner and his sister have gotten to know us as semi-regulars. I commented to the sister at our last lunch about McCarthy and his inability to play nice with others. She gave me a quizzed look. She commented that ole Kev baby is highly regarded in Bakersfield (which I don't doubt). I asked how often he eats at this restaurant (they're only open for lunch.) She said she sees him maybe once a year.

Bakersfield is a lost cause. Between oil and ag, there isn't much else there. And those commodities will be declining soon enough due to changes in electricity generation, reduction in reliance upon petroleum products for vehicles, and the drought conditions that affect so much agriculture.

There are crudely-erected signs that front SR99 that condemn Newsom for wasting all "their" water for the fish and the ocean. Funny, I don't think the farmers ever paid a nickel for either the Central Valley Project or the Federal Project. We taxpayers paid for those two major engineering marvels in the early '60s when agriculture was 1/3 what it is today, and the population was half.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Those who have lived in the South give Bakersfield full red-neck status.
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

True, P520.

But Bakersfield did give us Buck Owens and Merle Haggard.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde

Return to “Current Politics”