Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Russia

John Thomas8

Re: Russia

Post by John Thomas8 »

Dr Felton with some history:

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I remember this very well. I grew up in a Hungarian church, and a lot of refugees came to our church and were sponsored. The Hungarians in Hungary still remember this very well, too. That drives me a little crazy as Orban has a firm hold on the country today.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I want to thank the Russian Academy for this Lifetime Achievement Award.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

:lol: :rotflmao:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

John Thomas8 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:24 pm You're welcome.
Right there with you.

:wave: :wave:
raison de arizona

Kriselda Gray wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:02 am
Atticus Finch wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:47 am If Putin goes ahead and nationalizes western closed businesses who will supply the parts of the machines of those businesses when they breakdown? Especially the notorious ice cream machines at McDonald's.
How would his nationalizing the businesses even work? Who would work at them or manage them, and how would they get any branded products from America? I don't mean just spare parts, but the merchandise or any swag they sell over there?
Rebranding!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:45 pm
Kriselda Gray wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:02 am
Rebranding!
Cleo McDowell would like to have a word with Russia.
D5ABC2CB-A5E6-4DCE-B709-50A52391BC5D.jpeg
D5ABC2CB-A5E6-4DCE-B709-50A52391BC5D.jpeg (25.66 KiB) Viewed 1389 times
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:45 pm
Kriselda Gray wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:02 am How would his nationalizing the businesses even work? Who would work at them or manage them, and how would they get any branded products from America? I don't mean just spare parts, but the merchandise or any swag they sell over there?
Rebranding!
Oh dear.... I see they want to call it Dada Vanya
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://katv.com/news/nation-world/russ ... an-economy
WASHINGTON (TND) — A lawmaker in Russia has demanded the United States return Alaska to Russia as a reparation for American-led sanctions crippling his country's economy following the invasion of Ukraine.

Parliament member Oleg Matveychev made those demands, along with saying he also wanted America to return Fort Ross in California, during an interview on Sunday, The Daily Beast reports. The publication says Matveychev is known as the "Kremlin's spin-doctor.""We should be thinking about reparations from the damage that was caused by the sanctions and the war itself, because that too costs money and we should get it back," Matveychev reportedly said on the show "Sunday Evening With Vladimir Soloviev."

Matveychev also called for the "return of all Russian properties, those of the Russian empire, the Soviet Union and current Russia, which has been seized in the United States, and so on," according to Fox News.

When asked by the host if he meant Alaska and Fort Ross when he referred to "Russian properties," Matveychev confirmed, and added he also wanted the Antarctic Ocean back.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
tek

Post by tek »

And a pony.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

While pretty ridiculous on its face, that any official is laying even the basic groundwork for an argument that could be used to attack Alaska should be concerning. Batshit ideas have an alarming chance of going from crazy to action latetly.
raison de arizona

Matthew Luxmoore @mjluxmoore wrote: Thousands of people are gathered at Moscow’s Luzhniki stadium wearing pro-war symbolism, to hear the father of a Russian soldier killed in Ukraine say “We must finish what we started and liberate our land from fascism.” Just unbelievable.
Fox News reports 81k people. Putin was speaking but they suddenly cut away from him for some reason. Fox was calling it a "Trump style rally".

I dunno, I know it is wrong, but I am having more and more trouble generating sympathy for the Russian people. I'm having to be really cognizant of my intolerance and. Well, shit. I don't know what to say about that.
Dmytro Kuleba @DmytroKuleba wrote: Ukraine government official
Some want to live in a simple world where Putin is solely responsible for the war. The reality is that someone actually drops bombs on Ukrainian cities, shoots evacuees, forms ‘Zs’, backs Putin in surveys. Like in 1930s, they bear responsibility, even if poisoned by propaganda.
max seddon @maxseddon wrote: Moscow’s Luzhniki stadium, which hosted the World Cup final in 2018, is packed out for a pro-war rally on the anniversary of Russia’s Crimea annexation.

Lots of reports of state employees being bussed in. They’re watching a video with Ukrainian flags being thrown to the ground

“They packed us into a bus and drove us here,” one woman tells @SotaVision
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Reminds me of another dictator who staged large rallies. Name was Adolph Hitler. He didn't end well.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona

I question how one could conduct a valid survey in Russia right now, but here we are.
Olena Halushka @OlenaHalushka wrote: "It is putin, not russians", right?

-> 86,6% russians support potential attacks against other countries;
-> 46% are *convinced* that russia should attack the EU;
-> 75,5% think Poland will be next target, 41% - Baltic states, 39,6% - Bulgaria, Czechia, Slovakia & even Hungary /1
-> 75% of russians are ok with using nuclear weapons.

And only 13,4% are against invasions into other countries.

#stophatingrussians? Maybe the first step should be for russians to stop hating the rest of the world /2
► Show Spoiler
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

raison de arizona

Visegrád 24 @visegrad24 wrote: Students at the Russian elite university MGIMO, from which most Russian diplomats and foreign policy experts graduate, have recorded a video for President Zelensky.

They say only Russia wants peace in Ukraine, not the West.

It’s not just Putin’s war.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

The only thing missing was the pistol to those kids heads....

Or they could be true believers, if so [expletive deleted] them....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
raison de arizona

Frater I*I wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:52 am The only thing missing was the pistol to those kids heads....

Or they could be true believers, if so [expletive deleted] them....
Hitler youth, brain washed children, coerced statements? Who knows. Creepy AF.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:00 pm I question how one could conduct a valid survey in Russia right now, but here we are.
Olena Halushka @OlenaHalushka wrote: "It is putin, not russians", right?

-> 86,6% russians support potential attacks against other countries;
-> 46% are *convinced* that russia should attack the EU;
-> 75,5% think Poland will be next target, 41% - Baltic states, 39,6% - Bulgaria, Czechia, Slovakia & even Hungary /1
-> 75% of russians are ok with using nuclear weapons.

And only 13,4% are against invasions into other countries.

#stophatingrussians? Maybe the first step should be for russians to stop hating the rest of the world /2
If the guy was being straight, he wold have shown what question the respondents were asked rather than defaulting to making people hate Russians.

https://activegroup.com.ua/2022/03/16/s ... countries/

Putin-poll.jpg
Putin-poll.jpg (128.73 KiB) Viewed 972 times
The Poll ACTUALLY asked if they thinj Putin would do it, not whether they approved of anything. That guy is straight out lying to make you hate Russians.

There's plenty to rage about right now. Don't fall for the same tricks that have people hating Jews or Liberals or the Irish or whatever. The devil does not care who you hate, as long as you do.

We are all Sons of Adam and Daughters of Eve. Remember that.
Hic sunt dracones
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Don't lecture me about what to believe. I'm bizzy looking at the NY Post story about the 16-mile wide comet that might hit the Earth.

:boxing:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
much ado

Post by much ado »

neeneko wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:00 am While pretty ridiculous on its face, that any official is laying even the basic groundwork for an argument that could be used to attack Alaska should be concerning. Batshit ideas have an alarming chance of going from crazy to action latetly.
He also mentions Fort Ross, which is in California, two hours drive from where I'm sitting. I don't think an attack on California would be well received.

It's now a California State Historic Park.

https://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=449

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Ross ... toric_Park

ETA: It's an interesting place to visit. We were there in October. Years ago, we used to go with friends to their re-enactment days. Their sons took part. One of the things re-enacted was the transfer of the fort by the Russians to the Mexicans in 1842. (This requires firing of cannons in salute.) The fort never made money for the Russians and was always subsidized. So it was given away. The Mexicans sold some of the equipment to John Sutter for his mill. Because the Russians willingly gave up their title in 1842, modern Russia has no valid claim to the fort.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Off Topic
Foggy wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:29 pm Don't lecture me about what to believe. I'm bizzy looking at the NY Post story about the 16-mile wide comet that might hit the Earth.

:boxing:
It WANTS to come to this planet? Is it an Alcoholic Comet?

https://www.iflscience.com/space/unusua ... -behavior/
Hic sunt dracones
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Off Topic
No, but the Devil wants me to hate it.
Out from under. :thumbsup:

Return to “Russian Invasion of Ukraine”