Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

NY21 - Stefanik - My Despicable Congresswoman

p0rtia

Re: NY21 - Stefanik - My Despicable Congresswoman

Post by p0rtia »

Stefanik was boasting last week that she had just held her 1,500th district event. Which would be several hundred a year. Which is ridiculous. Anyway:
Screen Shot 2022-05-24 at 11.54.15 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-24 at 11.54.15 AM.png (64.05 KiB) Viewed 1406 times
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

p0rtia wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:58 am Stefanik was boasting last week that she had just held her 1,500th district event. Which would be several hundred a year. Which is ridiculous. Anyway:

p0rtia, will you be joining the Stinkfaniac Telephonic Town Hall tonight?
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Patagoniagirl wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:12 pm
p0rtia wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:58 am Stefanik was boasting last week that she had just held her 1,500th district event. Which would be several hundred a year. Which is ridiculous. Anyway:

p0rtia, will you be joining the Stinkfaniac Telephonic Town Hall tonight?
I have to wash my tire rims.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Albany Times Union going after Stefanik

https://www.timesunion.com/news/article ... -spotlight

Stefanik's husband works for leading gun industry trade group

SCHUYLERVILLE — As the debate over gun control heats up following back-to-back mass shootings, the industry has a spokesman with unparalleled access to U.S. Rep. Elise Stefanik, the No. 3 Republican in the House: her husband.

Matthew Manda works as the manager of public affairs for the National Shooting Sports Foundation, based in Newtown, Conn. The trade group — whose stated mission is "to promote, protect and preserve hunting and the shooting sports" — was among the plaintiffs in a federal lawsuit seeking to block a New York law that increases potential liability for gun manufacturers. The suit was dismissed by a judge in Albany earlier this week, though an appeal is likely.

Manda frequently writes for the NSSF website and other outlets about the group's events and policy stances. "Law-abiding Americans choose over and over again to take their personal safety into their own hands and purchase a firearm," he wrote in April in a piece about a "Congressional Fly-In" hosted by the group. "Congress needs to ensure the industry is free from ‘woke’ corporate discrimination.”

The Washington, D.C., event featured "dozens of firearm, ammunition and accessories industry leaders who spoke face-to-face with elected officials,” Manda wrote. Among them was Stefanik, who "added her enthusiasm to elect more Republican women to Congress is heading in the right direction as several pro-Second Amendment women will likely join the Republican conference at the start of next year." Manda's article did not mention she is his wife.

Manda did not respond to a Times Union request for comment. An NSSF spokesman refused to say when Manda began working for the group, calling it "personal information."
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/05/2 ... l-00035839
Trump Jr. allies issue warning to Stefanik camp: Don’t go after Tucker’s kid
She faces plenty of future GOP leadership competitors, including Rep. Jim Banks. And her camp got burned after allegedly raising Banks aide Buckley Carlson.
tek

Post by tek »

Matthew Manda works as the manager of public affairs for the National Shooting Sports Foundation, based in Newtown, Conn.
Newtown? Seriously?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Stefanik was in fine form on Fox News this morning. I listened to some of it. She repeatedly repeated the lie about Republican representation on the January 6th Committee, I guess if you say a lie enough it becomes true? Then she was talking about her "gun safety" bill that everyone should obviously support, and the fact that they aren't shows that they aren't serious about gun safety, but rather about gun confiscation in opposition to the second amendment. I'm unclear what the bill is exactly, planning to look it up when I get a chance, but it sounds like some method to transfer taxpayer dollars to gun owner's pockets? The mechanism wasn't well defined, but the result was to pay gun owners on some pretense or another, as far as I can tell. I'm unclear on how that makes guns safer.
Edit: OK, curiosity got the better of me. The bill provides tax deductions for concealed carry classes, any other gun classes, and for purchase of gun safes. And the gubermint isn't allowed to keep track of who takes the deductions, because tyranny. Yay, gun safety? I'm sure that will stop these mass shootings. :roll:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

My VERY liberal friend moved from pre-Tom Cotton Arkansas to current Stefanik New York and is in her district. Talk about a Time Warp!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

So — full-on Nazi.

“I was thinking the other day about — somebody had mentioned on the radio Adolf Hitler and how he aroused the crowds,” Paladino responded, chuckling a little bit as he said the Nazi dictator’s name. “And he would get up there screaming these epithets and these people were just — they were hypnotized by him. That’s, I guess, I guess that’s the kind of leader we need today. We need somebody inspirational.”
So, third-ranking Republican, how is that out of context?
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:42 pm :snippity:
So, third-ranking Republican, how is that out of context?
Its a third rate attempt to take a swipe at the President's stutter.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Stefanik says the number one thing Republicans can do to stop inflation is have a hearing
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Kendra wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:09 pm https://mobile.twitter.com/Acyn/status/ ... 0243376128
Stefanik says the number one thing Republicans can do to stop inflation is have a hearing
There have been hearings on inflation. There were Republicans at the hearings. :confuzzled:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Stefanik attacking the American Rescue Plan for waste and fraud
I believe she’s third on that list of Republicans touting the American Rescue Plan
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

:winner:
101010 :towel:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

The Two Matts have finally found something to disagree on.

I give a big plus for Matty P in this round. What I hear is Matty C sounding like a man with no position, which is a big fuck you for me these days. He also makes all the Republican arguments, whereas Matty P states his position and his reactions clearly and strongly.

Primary Aug 23

https://poststar.com/news/local/govt-an ... d847d.html
NY-21 Democratic challengers spar over gun law stances
MAURY THOMPSON Special to The Post-Star Jun 10, 2022

Candidates in the 21st Congressional District Democratic primary are trading barbs about gun laws.

Matt Putorti criticized Matt Castelli, the party’s endorsed candidate, for being indecisive about banning “assault weapons,” and Castelli criticized Putorti for using Castelli’s position as the basis for a fundraising solicitation.

Putorti, a lawyer from Whitehall, and Castelli, a former CIA counterterrorism official from the town of Saratoga, are running in the Aug. 23 primary to determine the Democratic nominee to challenge Rep. Elise Stefanik, R-Schuylerville, in November.

Putorti raised the issue in a recent press release, after Castelli, in a May 31 television interview on WWNY-TV in Watertown, was asked about a federal assault weapons ban. Castelli responded, “I’ll take a look at any piece of legislation that might come before me in terms of trying to evaluate respecting the needs of lawful gun owners in our community and protecting the security of our children in our schools.

Putorti, in a telephone interview on Tuesday, accused Castelli of posturing, in an attempt not to offend either side of the gun law debate.

“There isn’t any reason for that kind of political calculation,” he said.

Castelli, in a telephone interview on Wednesday, said he was not posturing, but would not make a blanket statement without knowing specifics of the legislation.

Terminology that’s being thrown around is broadly defined, and could apply to guns other than military-style weapons, he said.

Putorti, on the other hand, said that early in the campaign he committed to support a ban on assault weapons.

“We have a gun epidemic in our country,” he said.

Castelli said it was poor taste for Putorti to use their difference on banning assault weapons as the basis of a campaign fundraising appeal at a time when people are grieving recent mass shootings at a Tops supermarket in Buffalo and an elementary school at Uvalde, Texas.

“I was disappointed to see that he would put out a fundraising appeal,” Castelli said.

Putorti said it is Castelli who is in the wrong.

"I find it outrageous that after children were gunned down in their classroom that someone running as a Democrat lacks the backbone to support something as common sense as banning assault weapons because he is worried about his political career," Putorti said, in a follow-up statement.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Just about the best thing to have happened in the NY21 Twitterverse.

This due does Stefanik cartoons. They are fun and getting better and better. Like today's entry.

Worth a follow.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

She's itchin' to hold the coveted first woman president title. Not for the sake of public service but for ego gratification. Willing to stomp on Cheney and McCarthy if need be. She's too close for comfort.
Edit: That she's a carpetbagger still irks me.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

See also: the Bush Family
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Kendra wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:46 am
Remind me, which republican family did NOT do that? It's SOP for the GOP from everything I've seen.

Return to “U.S. House of Representatives”