Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

NY21 - Stefanik - My Despicable Congresswoman

p0rtia

Re: NY21 - Stefanik - My Despicable Congresswoman

Post by p0rtia »

It's okay. Matt That Won has gravitas. He's probably the better candydate. I've just never heard him speak.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Okay, so now I've heard him speak--as have a lot of people. Castelli has been everywhere; his CIA experience gives him a platform to speak on the Mar-a-Lago affair.

He comes out swinging (please give him a follow):

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

p0rtia wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:13 am Okay, so now I've heard him speak--as have a lot of people. Castelli has been everywhere; his CIA experience gives him a platform to speak on the Mar-a-Lago affair.

He comes out swinging (please give him a follow):
► Show Spoiler
I found I was already following him. Everything he says should be obvious to anyone, whether ex-CIA or not. That it isn't, or that Stefanik doesn't put "America First," is what keeps me awake at night.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:yeahthat:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 11.00.06 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 11.00.06 AM.png (100.35 KiB) Viewed 1417 times
There once was a Rep named Stefanik
Who had unknown skills electranik,
“Two-One never fear!
Me and NYSEG are here!”
Gosh it sounds like a wee bit o’ panic!

Elise just loooves to take credit for things she has nothing to do with. :boxing:
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

:thumbsup:
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

In all fairness, it is a superior reaction to that of former Australian Prime Minister, Scott ('Scotty from Marketing") Morrison, who left on vacation to Hawai'i during one of the most catastrophic bushfire events in history.

Press criticism brought him back to his senses long enough to excuse himself with the remark "Look, I don't hold the hoses".

I rank this failure to resemble a human being even above that of Ted "Cancun" Cruz.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

4:40pm Eastern: Matt Castelli is about to be on Deadline White House

He's handsome and was a CIA Agent for 15 years.

He just called Stefanik a TRAITOR. Nicolle gasped.

He's on fire. Gotta see this interview. Followed him, he was great.

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

https://poststar.com/news/local/govt-an ... f81c8.html

NY-21 congressional race: Castelli, Stefanik campaigns spar over allegiance to country

MAURY THOMPSON Special to The Post-Star Sep 7, 2022

Harsh rhetoric continues in the 21st Congressional District race with Democratic challenger Matt Castelli accusing U.S. Rep. Elise Stefanik, R-Schuylerville, of being “a traitor” to the United States, and the Stefanik campaign accusing Castelli of colluding in “a coup” against former President Trump.

Castelli, in a video message posted on his campaign Twitter page on Aug. 31, said, “She (Stefanik) sold out our country all so she could continue having million-dollar fundraisers at Mar-a-Lago and pipe dreams of being vice president. … We need a patriot. Stefanik is a traitor.”

Castelli was speaking in the context of Stefanik’s reaction to the Aug. 6 raid of Trump’s Palm Beach, Florida, home and resort, when the FBI removed classified documents that had been stored at Mar-a-Lago.

“This is Russia hoax 2.0. The Biden White House is using the DOJ and the FBI as political weapons to target Biden’s most likely 2024 opponent,” Stefanik posted on Twitter.

In a Sept. 1 interview on the MSNBC television program “Deadline White House,” Castelli reiterated that “Elise Stefanik, in my estimation, is a traitor,” and he has accused Stefanik of being “a traitor” in at least one other Twitter post.

fanik was not available to respond directly to Castelli’s accusation.

Alex DeGrasse, a Stefanik senior adviser, said that Castelli, while director of counterterrorism for the National Security Council, worked under National Security Advisor Susan Rice “and tried to launch a deep state coup against President Trump.”

Trump, in April 2017, suggested to The New York Times, without evidence, that Rice had committed a crime by seeking the identities of Trump officials under surveillance by United State spy agencies in order to leak the information to reporters.

Castelli worked for the National Security Council in both the Obama and Trump administrations.

Asked for documentation of the alleged coup attempt, DeGrasse said Wednesday that Castelli “is directly tied to the folks such as Susan Rice who launched a coup against President Trump.”

“So yes, we believe he’s involved in that and have heard it from multiple people,” DeGrasse said.

eGrasse said, without evidence, that Castelli was forced out of the Trump administration because of “bad behavior” and because he was a party to leaking documents.

Castelli has insisted that he left the Trump administration when his assignment to the National Security Council was completed in February 2018, and he was not forced out. He returned to regular duty with the CIA and left the CIA voluntarily in 2020 to pursue other opportunities.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Stefanik has had a heck of a fascist week. Coming out for three issues that are 20 percent issues in the US, whilst proclaiming that she is working for !America!

Monday - Boasts about being a co-sponsor to 15 week nation abortion ban.

Wednesday - Came out against the "implementation of CRT by any other name in New York classrooms."

Saturday - Covers the gun issue by posting this, and adding the message, which is considered a dog whistle for violence by those you track such things: "come and take them"
Screen Shot 2022-09-18 at 9.54.47 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-09-18 at 9.54.47 AM.png (506.05 KiB) Viewed 1179 times
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

90BA5E21-8DF7-4D92-A375-B6F9BBB8718B.png
90BA5E21-8DF7-4D92-A375-B6F9BBB8718B.png (434.95 KiB) Viewed 1104 times
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

One Team?
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:43 pmOne Team?
Thanks for pointing that out. I hadn't noticed it. Wonder when she started using it [heads to the Twitter Machine to check old releases....].
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

/laughs in Elizabeth Warren
Acyn @Acyn wrote: Stefanik: *holds up small pamphlet* House Republicans have a plan
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

First of all, Columbus never set foot on what is now the United States, unless you want to count Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. He certainly had nothing whatsoever to do with “paving the way” for our constitutional republic, as Stefanik claims.
:boxing:
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Well, we know the Vikings got here before Columbus. Just last year they were able to date lumber used in building the settlement at L'Anse aux Meadows to the 990s - 1020s CE using a solar storm.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/202 ... %20testify
Half a millennium before Christopher Columbus crossed the Atlantic, the Vikings reached the “New World”, as the remains of timber buildings at L’Anse aux Meadows on the northern tip of Canada’s Newfoundland testify.

The Icelandic sagas – oral histories written down hundreds of years later – tell of a leader named Leif Erikson and a settlement called “Vinland”, assumed to be coastal North America. But while it is known that the Norse landed in Canada, exactly when they set up camp to become the first Europeans to cross the Atlantic, marking the moment when the globe was first known to have been encircled by humans, has remained imprecise.

Now scientists using a new type of dating technique and taking a long-ago solar storm as their reference point have established that the settlement was occupied in AD1021 – all by examining tree rings.

Three juniper and fir logs that were cut from the Newfoundland settlement date it to exactly a millennium ago, 471 years before Columbus’s first voyage.

It has been thought that the settlement, L’Anse aux Meadows, was thriving somewhere between 990 and 1050. This was based on stylistic analysis of architectural remains and a handful of artefacts examined after the settlement was discovered 60 years ago. The dates also tally with interpretations of the Icelandic sagas, which were written down in the 1200s

This study, published in the journal Nature, made use of the cosmic-ray induced upsurge in atmospheric radiocarbon concentrations during a known solar storm in AD993, which released an enormous pulse of radiation that was absorbed by trees at the time.

[...]

Proof that the trees were cut by Vikings was there, too. “They had all been modified by metal tools, evident from their characteristically clean, low-angle cuts. Such implements were not manufactured by the Indigenous inhabitants of the area at the time,” the study by scientists at the University of Groningen in the Netherlands said.
There's a lot more. It's really an interesting article!

At any rate, if we find it necessary to celebrate the first European to reach the New World, we shouldn't be celebrating Columbus.

(Oh, come on, y'all know I'm gonna stick up for the Vikings! :lol: )
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

We were at L’Anse aux Meadows in 2017. It's an awesome site (and sight). I will have to read the article.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

AndyinPA wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:47 pm We were at L’Anse aux Meadows in 2017. It's an awesome site (and sight). I will have to read the article.
Nice! I would love to see it someday!
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:37 am
AndyinPA wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:47 pm We were at L’Anse aux Meadows in 2017. It's an awesome site (and sight). I will have to read the article.
Nice! I would love to see it someday!
Thanks for the article. Somehow, we got off topic. :oopsy:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

The Republican idea of a poll:
Stefanik Top Concerns.jpg
Stefanik Top Concerns.jpg (178.64 KiB) Viewed 882 times
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

She’s one of my top concerns. And her elk.
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

wow.. That is a horrible doom and gloom mailer.
If I were on the side opposing that trash, coming out with a feel-good fact based, problem solving, and goal oriented mailer would be fun.

Why are they all so nasty, negative, and full of hate?
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Danraft wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:13 pm :snippity:
Why are they all so nasty, negative, and full of hate?
Because it fuels them and it's the QOP's core ideology...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Gas prices are dropping here. Is that an old mailer?

We laugh our asses off every time we see that Domino's commercial for a discount on your order because gas prices are so high. I filled up at $2.69 yesterday.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

sugar magnolia wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:02 am Gas prices are dropping here. Is that an old mailer?

We laugh our asses off every time we see that Domino's commercial for a discount on your order because gas prices are so high. I filled up at $2.69 yesterday.
My take: She carefully said "last July", which can be parsed as "July 2021". Stefanik is all about the parsing. She prides herself on being able to say "I never said that!" It's a game to her, in the "she thinks she's clever" way.

Scum.

Return to “U.S. House of Representatives”