Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Lani

Re: Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Post by Lani »

How nice of security to realize that our federal government may be at risk on March 4. Must have been difficult to find out about it since it's on social media - you know, places that the FBI and DHS can't monitor.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Dave from down under wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:30 pm What's the bet that some R's will be using burner phones on those days?
Some of the senators sure were anxious to find out how that cell phone data from 1/6 was used. Sure, they're worried about their constituent's privacy being violated. Righto.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

I don't have a link yet, but I got it from WaPo. The House is moving as many votes as possible to tonight and then shutting down for tomorrow.

[edit]
Link: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... e-updates/
House scraps plans for Thursday session after security officials warn of possible plot to breach Capitol
[/edit]
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

I was sort of hoping they would take tomorrow off. Not only does this reduce the threat to the representatives and staff, and deny the militia folks a target, it also reduces the RWNJ congresscritters the opportunity to grandstand about security protocols.
101010 :towel:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

They're taking tomorrow off? What will MTG do with herself if she can't fuck up the works with another call for recess if the House is already IN recess.

Yaknow, all it would take would be the former one to release a statement saying he will not be inaugurated tomorrow and that Biden is president, but that would take courage, ethics and a soul. The OSG is batting 0.00

Hell, any congressional republican could say it but...see above.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

northland10 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:49 pm it also reduces the RWNJ congresscritters the opportunity to grandstand about security protocols.
I think they're already going to do that... :roll:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:54 pm They're taking tomorrow off? What will MTG do with herself if she can't fuck up the works with another call for recess if the House is already IN recess.
Knowing her she'll call for the House to come back into session...in the empty House chamber... :lol:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Are threat assessments sufficient to cause a (partial) closedown of Congress enough to bring domestic terrorism investigation/ charges?
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Uninformed wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:06 pm Are threat assessments sufficient to cause a (partial) closedown of Congress enough to bring domestic terrorism investigation/ charges?
I suppose it would depend on whether there were specific persons organizing/leading the threat versus just threats derived from chatter picked up on social media and other reports. Our current terrorist folks are not as organized and centralized as we have seen with international terrorism and even the various terrorist organizations involved with wars of liberation (such as the IRA during the troubles and their counterparts).
101010 :towel:
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

The next day to watch for will be Arpril 20.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Chilidog wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:17 pm The next day to watch for will be Arpril 20.
What's that day?
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Hitler's first toke.
Image Image Image Image
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

Waco?

Okla City?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Hitler's birthday, 20 April 1889
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

Estiveo wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:49 pm Hitler's first toke.
Clever. The Antifa clowns will be too stoned to put up any resistance.

It could also be March 20, 2021:
Washingtonian March QAnon Calendar
March 20 is also the date the GOP was founded in Ripon, Wisconsin, in 1834.
raison de arizona

Feeling a little quilty guys?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

First I want to make clear that I don't want any people harmed, especially innocent people, but there's a part of me that's hoping some of these yahoos gather some place, infiltrated by the proper authorities, carrying their precious weapons and talking shit, where they can be easily rounded up.

If that makes me a bad person, I can live with it.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:33 pm First I want to make clear that I don't want any people harmed, especially innocent people, but there's a part of me that's hoping some of these yahoos gather some place, infiltrated by the proper authorities, carrying their precious weapons and talking shit, where they can be easily rounded up.

Wanting dangerous criminals off the street does not make you a bad person.. it makes you a good citizen.
jadedmonk

Post by jadedmonk »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:33 pm First I want to make clear that I don't want any people harmed, especially innocent people, but there's a part of me that's hoping some of these yahoos gather some place, infiltrated by the proper authorities, carrying their precious weapons and talking shit, where they can be easily rounded up.

I want people harmed, especially the ones doing the harming.
- your friendly local "extreme moderate", political science extrordinaire, and master of the simulacrum.
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

I don't know if there's video, but evidently Richard Barnett (aka, Feet-on-Pelosi's-Desk Guy) freaked out in court this morning, screaming about how unfair it is that he's been locked up for a month.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

fierceredpanda wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:44 pm I don't know if there's video, but evidently Richard Barnett (aka, Feet-on-Pelosi's-Desk Guy) freaked out in court this morning, screaming about how unfair it is that he's been locked up for a month.
Oh, boo hoo.

Welcome back. :D
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

fierceredpanda wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:44 pm I don't know if there's video, but evidently Richard Barnett (aka, Feet-on-Pelosi's-Desk Guy) freaked out in court this morning, screaming about how unfair it is that he's been locked up for a month.
https://apple.news/AwY08jjFST4G1c4BqZXMlgw
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

This, on the other hand, is fully horrifying:

Tom Nichols
@RadioFreeTom
·
1h
If you want to know how a man grows up so unable to take responsibility for himself that he ends up invading the Congress with a painted face and wearing horns on his head, this interview with his mom might be a clue.

Quote Tweet
Laurie Segall
@LaurieSegall
· 2h
"He walked through open doors." - Martha Chansley, defends the actions of her son -- aka the QAnon Shaman -- during the Capitol siege. This exchange was one of the most telling from the piece. Would watch the full clip.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”