Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Assault on the Capitol (DC)

bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

! Message from: Foggy
No personal insults, por favor. Let's consider the episode over.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

The Ironic thing about Bastille day is that the People broke in expecting to see all the prisoners being tortured by the foul regime and all sorts of horrors, and instead found a bunch of prisoners that were being (relatively) well treated. So it actually was because the people had been whipped up into a frenzy by what were basically lies and conspiracy theories.
Hic sunt dracones
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

No worries. My apologizes to you and the Dr for my antagonism. Sugar and I are cut from the same cloth, and I had a similar reaction to his questions. Moving on. The Freeze is coming tomorrow. Time to button up the faucets and hoses.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

My first thought was, "His familiar with Bastille Day?"

I'm betting someone better educated than him mentioned it later and he thought it a good excuse.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Troy Faulkner, who smashed in a Capitol window while wearing a jacket bearing his last name and telephone number, said he had a case of "the Trump crazies" on Jan. 6, his friend writes in a letter to a judge.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Oh, Faulkner is getting sentenced today.

Troy Faulkner, who smashed a Capitol window, is in court for his sentencing.
I can report that he is not currently wearing a jacket prominently featuring his last name and phone number.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Court has unsealed another Jan 6 case: Brian Sizer of Pennsylvania. Court filings say Sizer was near Parliamentarian's door at Capitol.

Per feds: "facial recognition search was conducted and failed to identify" Sizer.. but that one of his neighbors helped investigators
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

somerset wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:27 pm As for the Bastille, if the insurgents hadn't been successful, they would have been executed. By comparison, the OafKeepers are getting off easy.
That's what a lot of people don't get. Whether a person seeking to overthrow the government is ultimately a "patriot" or a "traitor" depends on whether they succeed. Washington, et al. knew that if they lost they would all have been hanged as traitors. Because they were traitors to a legitimate government.

But since they won, we get to hail them as patriots. And I'm glad of that. What they did was incredibly risky.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
DrIrvingFinegarten

Post by DrIrvingFinegarten »

bill_g wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:23 am No worries. My apologizes to you and the Dr for my antagonism. Sugar and I are cut from the same cloth, and I had a similar reaction to his questions. Moving on. The Freeze is coming tomorrow. Time to button up the faucets and hoses.

I apologize to you as well. That I don’t take the “I don’t suffer fools” attitude from people who perceive me as a fool is a me problem and I have to stop being a fool. I apologized to Sugar Magnolia and Foggy privately.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Dr Irving, you insulted maybe the one person on the board whom everyone loves unreservedly for pointing out what I, at least, think every time you come here: The ONLY time you come here is to ask for help. You don’t seem to read the threads in question, which might answer your questions.

Sugar was patient and kind in her comment to you. She didn’t call you names. Granted, she asked a pointed question: what, can’t you think for yourself?

She’s not the asshole, though.
DrIrvingFinegarten

Phoenix520 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:10 pm Dr Irving, you insulted maybe the one person on the board whom everyone loves unreservedly for pointing out what I, at least, think every time you come here: The ONLY time you come here is to ask for help. You don’t seem to read the threads in question, which might answer your questions.

Sugar was patient and kind in her comment to you. She didn’t call you names. Granted, she asked a pointed question: what, can’t you think for yourself?

She’s not the asshole, though.

If I’m held in such low regard around here, maybe I’m in the wrong place.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Doc, no one here knows you. We have no idea who you are, you never join discussions or volunteer personal information. How can we hold you in any regard at all?

You make the decision if you belong here. Why do you come here at all if you hold US in such low regard that you won’t join our conversations regularly? If you decide you might stay, try participating more.
DrIrvingFinegarten

Phoenix520 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:48 pm Doc, no one here knows you. We have no idea who you are, you never join discussions or volunteer personal information. How can we hold you in any regard at all?

You make the decision if you belong here. Why do you come here at all if you hold US in such low regard that you won’t join our conversations regularly? If you decide you might stay, try participating more.
Did it ever occur to you that the opposite might be true, that I actually think enough of everyone here and their knowledge that I want to learn from them?

There’s no disrespect intended from me, thoughI do regret reacting the way I did toward Sugar Maglolia. That was disrespectful and she did not deserve it. I was wrong.

I apologize if you take my behavior to be something disingenuous. I’m not good at this sort of thing and I’m trying to learn.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Come with me, I’ll show you some things. ;)
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Heh, if you want to see someone who is despised around here, all you have to do is look at me. You are several rungs up from my level. At least half the board does not have you blocked.
Hic sunt dracones
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

And yet some of us love you dearly. Go figure :lol:
much ado

Post by much ado »

Or admire you greatly.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Phoenix520 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:08 pm Come with me, I’ll show you some things. ;)
If that's a pick up line, it works on one armed transmission mechanics.

Just sayin.... :whistle: :dance:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Suranis wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:52 pm Heh, if you want to see someone who is despised around here, all you have to do is look at me. You are several rungs up from my level. At least half the board does not have you blocked.
When I was here previously, I accidentally discovered a page showing who had the most friends and and who had the most foes (people blocking them.) I was shocked to find that I was the most blocked regular user - even more than you. That was a big part of why I left.

I came back because I always loved this place and hoped I'd matured enough since then to not piss people off so much. I haven't tried finding that page again, though, and I have no plans to. That's one of those things I prefer to not know.
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Off Topic
"Friends" and "foes" is not a good terminology… at least not in my usage. I used the "foe" feature lightly not to register enmity or hostility but purely to reduce quantity because I found I probably didn't wish to read most of those (few) users' posts … but I was happy to open a post if replies suggested it was worth reading or if it was on a topic where the poster's opinion or insight was valuable. I suppress display of signature blocks too for a similar reason: clutter.
Off Topic
The option to open a blocked user's (a foe's) post disappeared, I don't know why. It had some extraneous text around the clickable text a few months back but now it is gone, aghh! So now I have no food. Unless it has come back, but I cleared the list so don't see it now.
I have no idea what the "friend" feature does!

For me, a sort of friend/foe selective block on topics would be more useful. For example, the repetitive blather about small dogs mildly irritates me, but I am fully aware that mine is a personal reaction and in no way do I disapprove of or wish to suppress that chatter among consenting adults; I simply prefer to not be party to it. I also assume that my contributions probably irritate more Fogians than the small dog stuff!

Take-away tl;dr point: "foes" are not necessarily hostile, don't sweat it!
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Off Topic
Sam the Centipede wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:05 am The option to open a blocked user's (a foe's) post disappeared, I don't know why. It had some extraneous text around the clickable text a few months back but now it is gone, aghh! So now I have no food. Unless it has come back, but I cleared the list so don't see it now.
I had noticed this but felt like The Creator was simply reinforcing the decisions I'd made.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

! Message from: Foggy
Hokay, a little information.

1) I don't really know how "friends & foes" works in detail, because I can't block anybody (I'm the dick tater), and I do try to read everything. You're kinda on your own with that. There's some explanation in the FAQ (top of the page).

2) I lost Kriselda because a lot of people blocked her? I am dead. :faint:
I put in a thing on Formerly Fogbow that gave you all kinds of statistics, but it wasn't supposed to chase away Kris! Ack! Never again. Nuh uh. :nope: Now all you get is how many Earthlings visited in the past 24 hours, and I'm not teaching you how to use that.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

:bighug:
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:35 am
Suranis wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:52 pm Heh, if you want to see someone who is despised around here, all you have to do is look at me. You are several rungs up from my level. At least half the board does not have you blocked.
When I was here previously, I accidentally discovered a page showing who had the most friends and and who had the most foes (people blocking them.) I was shocked to find that I was the most blocked regular user - even more than you. That was a big part of why I left.

I came back because I always loved this place and hoped I'd matured enough since then to not piss people off so much. I haven't tried finding that page again, though, and I have no plans to. That's one of those things I prefer to not know.
Fortunately, I never stumbled across that particular statistic. My attitude is "your opinion of me is none of my business."
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, that's my approach too also, but it was because of a forum that John Thomas8 and I were in, long ago. It was run by our local paper, and it was the Wild West, with conservative idiots galore, and I learned that no matter how many times you call me stupid, I just keep learning new stuff, and no matter how many times you call me a faggot, I'm still straighter than the shortest distance between two points on a graph.

And then the birthers started on me. :mrgreen:

There was a guy on Birther Report who spent a lot of time - I mean a lot of time - claiming that Dr. Conspiracy and I were stuffing gerbils in our butts. :o

There was a guy who ran a birther website, and he got so pissed at me'n rikker, he redirected us so if we tried to visit his site, instead we got "chicks with dicks" (and lovely breasts) in Brazil.

Three different birthers reported me to the FBI for thinking Obama was really president.

And Walter Fitzfundfilcher wrote a 20 page letter to my county sheriff, tryin' to get me arrested for treason or sumpin' on account of the Madisonville Hoax.

Man, I had to grow three extra layers of hard shell to deal with the birthers.
:boxing:
Out from under. :thumbsup:

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”