Assault on the Capitol (DC)

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Post by raison de arizona »

Kendra wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:53 am https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/stat ... 0498446343
DENIED

Judge rejects request from US Capitol breach defendant to delay home confinement until after the holidays with family
:violin:
It's freaking home confinement. She can still celebrate the holidays with her family, they just have to come over to her place.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Interesting. This is the kind of thing judges were granting earlier.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:05 pm Interesting. This is the kind of thing judges were granting earlier.
They were granting the changes on pre-trial conditions. This is an actual sentence.
101010 :towel:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

northland10 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:24 pm
pipistrelle wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:05 pm Interesting. This is the kind of thing judges were granting earlier.
They were granting the changes on pre-trial conditions. This is an actual sentence.
I thought about that but also thought they might still be lenient. Good to know there are limits.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

ARRAIGNMENT at 1130am in new superseding indictment against former NY police officer Thomas Webster in US Capitol attack case. Let's see if there's any talk about plea deal discussions during proceedings

Webster is charged w/ assaulting police
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

GUILTY PLEA expected at 130pm in Capitol breach case of John & Stacie Getsinger of S Carolina

After Jan 6, Stacie allegedly posted about Alex Jones, a rigged election & media "making this out" to be a storming of the Capitol

Feds say that's the pair holding hands amid mob ===>
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

NEW: Feds recommend three months prison for Jan 6 defendant Virginia Spencer, who allegedly entered Speaker Pelosi suite, took photos amid mayhem, had 14-year-old child "in tow" with her .. and wore "F** gun control" shirt

She pleaded guilty to misdemeanor & has prior offenses
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Kendra wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:04 pm
NEW: Feds recommend three months prison for Jan 6 defendant Virginia Spencer, who allegedly entered Speaker Pelosi suite, took photos amid mayhem, had 14-year-old child "in tow" with her .. and wore "F** gun control" shirt

She pleaded guilty to misdemeanor & has prior offenses
Normally, taking your child to visit the US Capitol might be considered an educational experience, but not in this case.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Oh no, I think the child learned a valuable lesson that day: "dont mess around, and you won't find out"
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

NEW: Feds announce charges in US Capitol breach case against Justin Jersey of Flint, Michigan. He joins a growing case of defendants accused of assaulting police

Jersey's accused of "arming himself with a baton" & using it to strike officers
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

At 9:30am, there''ll be an arraignment on superseding indictment against US Capitol riot defendant Grady Owens of Florida. Owens is accused of assaulting a police officer in the head
with ... a skateboard
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Another US Marine connection to January 6

Former Marine Marcos Panayiotou of California is accused of being amid the mob while wearing a shirt with Marine company unit name on it.... and with red "Make Politicians Afraid Again" hat
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Georgetown tracker:
Today's Numbers
The number of federal cases against individuals involved in the Capitol Hill Siege stands at 680. According to our latest analysis of the cases:

Average age: 39-years-old
Individuals came from 45 states and the District of Columbia
Cases have been brought against 590 men (87%) and 90 women (13%)
The largest numbers came from Florida (75), Texas (59), and Pennsylvania (60)
The majority (>80%) were charged in part using evidence from their personal social media accounts, others' accounts, or both
78 (12%) have military experience (72 Veterans, 2 National Guard, 3 Reserve, 1 Active Duty)
148 (21%) have pleaded guilty
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Cases have been brought against 590 men (87%) and 90 women (13%)
Actually there were more women being charged, but sometime after midnight they kicked all the observers out of the room with no explanation. Then the cameras show them pulling suitcases of men out from under the tables, and filing criminal cases against them! It's a fraud! :mad:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
raison de arizona

Thanks pipistrelle!
The majority (>80%) were charged in part using evidence from their personal social media accounts, others' accounts, or both
:lol:
78 (12%) have military experience (72 Veterans, 2 National Guard, 3 Reserve, 1 Active Duty)
Glad this is only 12%, sometimes it feels like the number is much higher. Wish it were 0% though.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

spiduh wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:11 pm Thanks pipistrelle!
:lol:
Glad this is only 12%, sometimes it feels like the number is much higher. Wish it were 0% though.
I read a statistic awhile back (Pew, maybe?) saying that less than 10% of the adult population in the US served in the military, so that stat isn’t all that surprising since it’s only slightly higher than the population at large.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

MORE: In another new Jan. 6 case, prosecutors arrested Brent Holridge of Eureka California. Holridge was supposed to be in jail on Jan. 6 for a drug crime but fled after his sentencing and wasn't rearrested until Feb 2021.
Seems touristy.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Age 54. :confuzzled: Going on 74.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

A hidden room behind a large mirror. In a rented apartment. Have I got that right?

And an expensive setup for making (what is essentially) hash oil, in a state where any kind of weed product you can make is 100% legal, amirite? Why do you need to hide your hash oil operation in the secret room you built in your landlord's apartment house?

This one is a little bit confusing. :confuzzled:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Image Image Image Image
raison de arizona

Foggy wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:45 pm A hidden room behind a large mirror. In a rented apartment. Have I got that right?

And an expensive setup for making (what is essentially) hash oil, in a state where any kind of weed product you can make is 100% legal, amirite? Why do you need to hide your hash oil operation in the secret room you built in your landlord's apartment house?

This one is a little bit confusing. :confuzzled:
Well, up to an ounce is legal. My man had 62 *pounds*. He's facing time on that, even without the boatload of meth.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

northland10 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:59 pm
bob wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:26 pm
Maybenaut wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:46 pmThis is why I miss Fogbow 1.0. We talked about Jonathon Mosley, but I can’t remember what the deal was.
The main point was he was Klayman's sometimes associate, i.e., he occasionally wrote stuff for Klayman. I too can't remember the details (like for which cases), but the takeaway was he willingly lent Klayman a hand, as if that was a good career move.
I believe Mosley started working for Klayman for stuff involving Arpaio and Montgomery. Mosley was brought in because Klayman "realized" that Arpaio and Montgomery potentially had adverse interests in Seattle caper, and that Mosley would somehow be able to represent Arpaio.
Klayman uses Moseley sometimes when he knows he cannot be admitted (or for DC is suspended). I would not be surprised if GIL's hand was in part of that filing.
Given that Dennis Montgomery has shown up as part of the "braintrust" behind the Big Lie, I'm kind of surprised Klayman hasn't made a guest appearance yet.
bob

Post by bob »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:47 pm Given that Dennis Montgomery has shown up as part of the "braintrust" behind the Big Lie, I'm kind of surprised Klayman hasn't made a guest appearance yet.
Like most of Klayman's clients, Klayman and Montgomery broke up ages ago. Even Rondeau and Zullo don't believe Montgomery anymore.
Image ImageImage
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

bob wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:26 pm
Kriselda Gray wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:47 pm Given that Dennis Montgomery has shown up as part of the "braintrust" behind the Big Lie, I'm kind of surprised Klayman hasn't made a guest appearance yet.
Like most of Klayman's clients, Klayman and Montgomery broke up ages ago. Even Rondeau and Zullo don't believe Montgomery anymore.
I'm impressed. I didn't think either of them had that much brainpower...
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:39 pm
bob wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:26 pm
I'm impressed. I didn't think either of them had that much brainpower...
Not much brainpower but still provides a tiny bit of amusement. It seems Montgomery filed a bar complaint in DC against Klayman for Klaman't bad behavior and the Office of Disciplinary Counsel "prematurely and vindictively and without cause had issued a vexatious, grossly burdensome and retaliatory subpoena." While information like this is not usually public information, Klayman must Klayman and so sued the ODC (again), Julia Porter (again), and Dennis Montgomery in the DC Superior Court. As one might expect, it failed and the Court of Appeals granted Montgomery's Motion to Dismiss (it appears GIL never filed the opening brief anyway).

It's early (Montgomery's complaint was from 2019) so I don't know if the ODC will send it on to the hearing committee. Montgomery and telling the truth are not two compatible concepts.

For completeness, and to avoid a threadjack, I will post the complaint on the GIL thread.
https://thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 686#p65686
101010 :towel:

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”