Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

- officer 1: had hearing impairment lasting months
- officer 2: 10/10 on the pain scale, lost hearing for two days
- officer 3: described ringing in ears for three hours
- officer 4: described ringing in ear into next day
- "Some thought they were going to die."
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Charging documents allege Wise told DC police on Jan 6, “You guys are disgusting. I’m former—I’m former law enforcement. You’re disgusting. You are the Nazi. You are the Gestapo.”
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Julian Khater, who pleaded guilty to chemical spray assault against police on Jan 6 is now serving federal prison sentence at medium security federal facility in Ray Brook, NY. Through Nov. 18, 2026
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

STANDBY:

Verdict is expected shortly in Capitol breach case of Stewart Parks of Tennessee. Parks was accused of being amid mob inside Capitol for 30 minutes and of taking a police handheld metal detecting wand.

Parks unsuccessfully sought US House nomination after Jan 6
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

'The Donald' forum user convicted of assaulting officers on Jan. 6
Jose Padilla said his violent rhetoric about killing politicians and overthrowing the government was for "internet cool points."

May 3, 2023, 9:36 PM CEST
By Ryan J. Reilly and Daniel Barnes

WASHINGTON — A member of the pro-Donald Trump online forum "The Donald," who espoused violent rhetoric and advocated for overthrowing the government, was convicted on 10 counts on Wednesday for repeatedly assaulting law enforcement officers at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6.

Jose Padilla, who was arrested in Georgia in February 2021, was convicted after a bench trial before U.S. District Judge John Bates. Video shows Padilla repeatedly attacking officers on Jan. 6, including by pushing up against officers and hitting an officer with a flagpole. He has been held in custody since his arrest.

Padilla was found guilty of 10 crimes, including assaulting, resisting, or impeding certain officers; civil disorder; assaulting resisting, or impeding an officer with a deadly or dangerous weapon. He was found not guilty of just one count, which involved the mob pushing an enormous “TRUMP 2020: KEEP AMERICA GREAT!” against a police line because Bates found the evidence of Padilla's intent in that incident "ambiguous."

Testifying in his own defense, Padilla conceded he was guilty of some crimes, but not others. He insisted that the violent rhetoric he posted online about the Capitol attack wasn’t reality-based, but was for “internet cool points.” He said that exaggeration was part of "gaming subculture" and that he engaged in "heated political rhetoric" because he liked to "shock people." He said that he was trying to fit in with the community of Trump supporters.

"If we could have occupied the Capitol, we could have invoked the right given to us in the 2nd paragraph of the Declaration of Independence," Padilla wrote after the attack, referencing part of the Declaration of Independence which states people have the right and duty to "alter or to abolish" a government and "institute new government" when it becomes a destructive force.

"We would have been in the Seat of Power. All we would need to do is declare our grievances with the government and dissolve the legislature, and replace it with Patriots who were there. Then simply re-adopt the Constitution with amendments added to secure future Federal elections," Padilla wrote.

Padilla's posts detailed his actions on Jan. 6; he wrote that he'd "pushed the rails... pushed the stairs, and then pushed the doorway." He defended his actions online and said he wish he'd done more.

"My conscious is clear," he wrote. "Treason my ass. Keep on being jealous that I'm not a cowardly worm." Padilla wrote that he thought he would die in the fray on Jan. 6, but “God was on my side.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justic ... -rcna82675
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

"My conscious is clear," he wrote. "Treason my ass. Keep on being jealous that I'm not a cowardly worm." Padilla wrote that he thought he would die in the fray on Jan. 6, but “God was on my side.”
Yeah, we're all pretty disappointed about that.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
tek

Post by tek »

"My conscious is clear," he wrote
No doubt.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 4:55 pm
'The Donald' forum user convicted of assaulting officers on Jan. 6
Jose Padilla said his violent rhetoric about killing politicians and overthrowing the government was for "internet cool points."

May 3, 2023, 9:36 PM CEST
By Ryan J. Reilly and Daniel Barnes

WASHINGTON — A member of the pro-Donald Trump online forum "The Donald," who espoused violent rhetoric and advocated for overthrowing the government, was convicted on 10 counts on Wednesday for repeatedly assaulting law enforcement officers at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6.

Jose Padilla, who was arrested in Georgia in February 2021, was convicted after a bench trial before U.S. District Judge John Bates. Video shows Padilla repeatedly attacking officers on Jan. 6, including by pushing up against officers and hitting an officer with a flagpole. He has been held in custody since his arrest.

Padilla was found guilty of 10 crimes, including assaulting, resisting, or impeding certain officers; civil disorder; assaulting resisting, or impeding an officer with a deadly or dangerous weapon. He was found not guilty of just one count, which involved the mob pushing an enormous “TRUMP 2020: KEEP AMERICA GREAT!” against a police line because Bates found the evidence of Padilla's intent in that incident "ambiguous."

Testifying in his own defense, Padilla conceded he was guilty of some crimes, but not others. He insisted that the violent rhetoric he posted online about the Capitol attack wasn’t reality-based, but was for “internet cool points.” He said that exaggeration was part of "gaming subculture" and that he engaged in "heated political rhetoric" because he liked to "shock people." He said that he was trying to fit in with the community of Trump supporters.

"If we could have occupied the Capitol, we could have invoked the right given to us in the 2nd paragraph of the Declaration of Independence," Padilla wrote after the attack, referencing part of the Declaration of Independence which states people have the right and duty to "alter or to abolish" a government and "institute new government" when it becomes a destructive force.

"We would have been in the Seat of Power. All we would need to do is declare our grievances with the government and dissolve the legislature, and replace it with Patriots who were there. Then simply re-adopt the Constitution with amendments added to secure future Federal elections," Padilla wrote.

Padilla's posts detailed his actions on Jan. 6; he wrote that he'd "pushed the rails... pushed the stairs, and then pushed the doorway." He defended his actions online and said he wish he'd done more.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justic ... -rcna82675
This guy is so wrong the next 7 generations of his offspring have already failed Civics based on just that interview.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Gregg wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 5:50 pm This guy is so wrong the next 7 generations of his offspring have already failed Civics based on just that interview.
Thus proving the old adage that I just made up: "He who is conceived in the backseat of a Civic will fail Civics."
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

DOJ Investigation into the January 6 attack FAQs
https://terikanefield.com/all-new-doj-i ... tion-faqs/
:snippity:
Questions answered:

1. ”Why is the DOJ taking so long with the investigation into the January 6 insurrection?
2. Why didn’t Merrick Garland begin looking at the higher-ups involved in the January 6 attack until well into 2022?
3. A former prosecutor said so and a former prosecutor should know better than Teri (so there)
4. Okay, so why can’t they charge Trump now and keep investigating.
5. “I have heard that federal prosecutors have a high rate of conviction. Some sources are saying that the DOJ takes only “slam dunk” cases to trial. Is that really administering justice?
6. “We need Trump convicted to keep him from running for office.
7. Trump has to be indicted to stop him from undermining democracy and committing crimes.
8. Merrick Garland hasn’t yet indicted Trump because he is compromised and/or corrupt.
9. Why isn’t Merrick Garland Addressing Lies and “Dangerous Rhetoric”
10. Why hasn’t the DOJ indicted Trump in the stolen documents case?
Teri lays it out nicely.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

MEANWHILE, the number of Jan 6 defendants continues to grow

Court unsealed case of Jonathan Bonney of Colorado, alleging image of Bonney is captured on security camera. Charging doc. says FBI was tipped by someone who said Bonney talked while flying home of being in Capitol
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

CNN put together a “no one has been charged with sedition” clip collection
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

NEW: Justice Dept releases Jan 6 video court exhibit which shows the impact of the huge, metal Trump sign wielded by the mob

Amid a faceoff at a police line

==>

:?: Did the Feds ever track down who had that big thing made? There's got to be some kind of trail there for a thing that size.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

poplove wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 3:35 am DOJ Investigation into the January 6 attack FAQs
https://terikanefield.com/all-new-doj-i ... tion-faqs/
Questions answered:

1. ”Why is the DOJ taking so long with the investigation into the January 6 insurrection?
2. Why didn’t Merrick Garland begin looking at the higher-ups involved in the January 6 attack until well into 2022?
3. A former prosecutor said so and a former prosecutor should know better than Teri (so there)
4. Okay, so why can’t they charge Trump now and keep investigating.
5. “I have heard that federal prosecutors have a high rate of conviction. Some sources are saying that the DOJ takes only “slam dunk” cases to trial. Is that really administering justice?
6. “We need Trump convicted to keep him from running for office.
7. Trump has to be indicted to stop him from undermining democracy and committing crimes.
8. Merrick Garland hasn’t yet indicted Trump because he is compromised and/or corrupt.
9. Why isn’t Merrick Garland Addressing Lies and “Dangerous Rhetoric”
10. Why hasn’t the DOJ indicted Trump in the stolen documents case?
Teri lays it out nicely.
Thanks for posting this. I'm nowhere near finished reading yet, but realizing it's a good reminder that things started earlier than many of us remember or knew about. Originally I was one of those defending Garland, then I gradually started getting impatient and finally just angry. I still have fears that Garland has too much of a judge temperament and not enough of a prosecutor temperament. We want judges to take the time to carefully consider things and mull them over before doing things like, say, overturning Roe v Wade. Certainly we also want prosecutors to deliberate carefully before charging someone as well, I get that, too. I hope I can take him at his word and hope it means that he will be willing to actually charge Trump with serious crimes if the evidence is there to back it up and if he would charge someone who is not Trump.

Here's a quote from question number one:
April 8, 2022: Ali Alexander, a guy who was heavily involved in planning the Stop the Steal rally (he was at the Capitol but never entered) received a subpoena from a federal grand jury seeking information about members of the executive and legislative branches who were involved with the insurrection itself or the plot to obstruct the transfer of power.
Wouldn't it be interesting if new information, say something like sending photos and sexually explicit invitations to minors, could become leverage for prosecutors to get information the guy mentioned in the quote? :think:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

FLASH: Judge Amit Mehta issues longest sentence in any Capitol riot case so far.

Approx. 14 years in prison in case of Peter Schwartz.

Schwartz had dozens of prior criminal cases

He had defiantly claimed "entrapment" on Jan 6 during jailhouse phone calls before sentencing
:boxing: :boxing: :boxing:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Seeking leniency at sentencing, Jan 6 defendant Josiah Colt (who scaled the wall in Senate Chamber) argues

"The truth is that Josiah is a good person who made a series of very bad choices based on misinformation and the emotional oratory of a demagogue."
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

More court evidence from the Jan. 6 case of U.S. v. Jose Padilla.

The end of this video is just pure gold for a Democratic ad maker.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

🚨 SENTENCE: Hatchet Speed, a former Navy Reservist from Virginia, ordered to serve 4 years in prison for obstructing the joint session of Congress. Sentence will run consecutive to 3 years he received in illegal silencers case.
@MacFarlaneNews
FLASH: Judge Trevor McFadden sentences Capitol riot defendant Hatchet Speed to FOUR YEARS in prison

Speed will serve the sentence after completing his prison term in federal Virginia firearms case
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Wow, I think this is the first time any judge has given any of the Jan 6 convicts the sentence prosecutors asked for. Many of them have been given substantially less than what prosecutors requested. And this is consecutive.

Probably the overt antisemitism and overt statements regarding Unabomber, Hitler, and others was just too over the top for the judge to ignore.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Judge goes with the max. Six months prison for Jan 6 defendant James Robinson of Pennsylvania.

And a $1000 fine, wiping out money Robinson raised in Give-send-go account. (He used court-appointed attorney funded by taxpayers)
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Never date anyone who tweets is really the lesson to be learned here.
On the grounds, investigators said publicly available footage shows Vargas Geller cheering on other rioters as they destroy bike rack barricades and handing a black bag of equipment left by media who had been chased off by rioters to another individual, who walks away with it.

On Monday, prosecutors filed four misdemeanor counts against Vargas Geller, including counts of entering a restricted building or grounds and disorderly and disruptive conduct. As of Tuesday afternoon she had not been taken into custody and a warrant remained open for her arrest.

Prior to her identification, Vargas Geller had been the subject of speculation online about her identity and possible links to law enforcement. A D.C. resident scheduled to go to trial later this month on civil disorder and theft charges, Darrell Neely, suggested in court filings that Vargas Geller had “targeted” him – possibly to entrap him.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

🎶She wore a bubblegum pink beret🎶 :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 6:50 pm 🎶She wore a bubblegum pink beret🎶 :biggrin:
I think if one wasn't singing that tune while looking at that photo, one is dead in the soul.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

I wasn't aware the Charlotte Observer was a reich-wing rag, the boohooing for treasonous behaviour is disgusting:

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/ ... 36401.html

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”