Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

"You swore an oath!"
"Oathbreaker!"

The taunts that greeted DC police as they arrived amid a riot

From US Justice Dept video court exhibit --->

Yet another Capitol siege defendant has requested a bench trial (trial by judge, not jury) in front of US District judge Trevor McFadden (a 2017 appointee during Trump Admin)

The latest defendant to do so is Hatchet Speed, a Navy reservist from Virginia https://justice.gov/usao-dc/case-multi- ... 1/download
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

I've never had problems with what birthers and other idiots say about me because I don't have any respect for them. The blocking bothered me because of how much I respect people here, and I had thought it was more mutual than it turned out to be. But that's just water under the bridge.
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Foggy wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:59 am :snippity:
And Walter Fitzfundfilcher wrote a 20 page letter to my county sheriff, tryin' to get me arrested for treason or sumpin' on account of the Madisonville Hoax.

Man, I had to grow three extra layers of hard shell to deal with the birthers.
:boxing:
So that's why you invaded the Capitol on J6, assaulted the police and tried to murder politicians …
… oh wait, you didn't, because you're not a Trumpist who turns to violence when people disagree with you!
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I’m floored. Kris on enemies lists? Easier for me to believe there was some kind of global action that accidentally did that than people being offended by you. I remember no such posts. :confuzzled:

I’m so very glad you’re back, too.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

sugar magnolia wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:34 am Fortunately, I never stumbled across that particular statistic. My attitude is "your opinion of me is none of my business."
:yeahthat:
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Phoenix520 wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:19 pmI’m so very glad you’re back, too.
:bighug: I'm glad I came back :)
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:35 am
Phoenix520 wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:19 pmI’m so very glad you’re back, too.
:bighug: I'm glad I came back :)
I am glad you are here, :bighug:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:grouphug:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

‘Oh, come on.’ D.C. judge lashes out at Missouri man, attorney in Capitol riot case

Judy L. Thomas
Fri, November 4, 2022 at 7:22 PM·

A Blue Springs man and his attorney incurred the wrath of the chief judge who presides over the federal court in Washington, D.C., during a hearing Friday to set a trial date for his Capitol riot case.

John George Todd III, 33, who prosecutors allege was caught on video making threatening remarks to police during the Jan. 6 insurrection, was originally scheduled to go to trial Nov. 14. But at Friday’s hearing in U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia — held by video conference — his newly hired attorney said he needed more time to prepare.

John Pierce, of Woodland Hills, California, asked that the trial be moved to October 2023.

Chief Judge Beryl A. Howell was stunned.

“Oh, come on,” she said. “This case has been pending now for some time.” She wanted to set the date for early December.

“This court’s going to be very, very busy with what we’re anticipating to be a number of new cases being filed by the government,” Howell said. “So I think this case needs to be tried as soon as possible.”

But Pierce said with all the other cases he had, a December trial would be a challenge. That didn’t sit well with Howell.

“Well, you understand that when you took this case, there was a trial date scheduled for November 14, and you have professional and ethical obligations, Mr. Pierce, to only take on matters that you can handle given your other trial schedule,” Howell said. “So knowing that this trial date had been set for November 14, how could you take on this case?”

Pierce noted that the November date had been canceled because Todd needed to seek mental health treatment.

“Based on the pretrial services report, he’s getting adequate mental health treatment,” Howell said. “And he seems to be functioning and doing fine.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/oh-come-d-c- ... 13103.html
(original Kansas City Star)
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Jan. 6 defendant Edward Rodriguez (aka #SUITMACER) asked for taxpayers to foot the bill for his travel to D.C. for his change of plea hearing on Dec. 1.

Judge says take the bus, and taxpayers will only pay for a one-way ticket.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

:) :clap:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Is it just me, or are the judges getting sick and tired of the BS coming from these defendants?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

it's all about Elmer :lol:

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Surprise surprise

There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

RVInit wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:37 pm Surprise surprise

Photo with old story at: https://timesofsandiego.com/crime/2022/ ... w-charges/
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Seems nice :sarcasm:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

It does not appear, based on his exhibit list, that ret. USAF Lt. Colonel Larry Brock will be putting on much of a defense case in his bench trial before Judge Bates next week. Brock entered the Senate Chamber with flex-cuffs on Jan. 6 and faces the felony 1512 count.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Illinois insurrectionist attacked a female cop and a member of the media at the US Capitol on 1/6/21.

Now the same guy has been arrested for DUI in a fatal crash on I-55
June bug

Post by June bug »

Why the hell was someone who pleaded guilty to assault not in custody until sentencing?
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

See this Twitter profile of pro-January 6 insurrection(its) and election conspiracy tweets and retweets:

https://twitter.com/brad_rukstales

Does this look like the same guy?

https://www.cbsnews.com/chicago/news/br ... -sentence/

The guy who said:
"I am sorry for my actions that day and accept the court's decision.

"I have come to realize the weight of my actions, and immensely regret following others into the Capitol. As a patriotic citizen, I hope and pray that the people of our nation will move forward united by the many commonalities we share.

"I greatly appreciate the support of my family, friends, colleagues, and community. Their continued encouragement, and the grace they have shown me, are proof that one brief and thoughtless moment does not need to define a person's entire life.

"I look forward to putting this chapter behind me with the knowledge that in the years to come I will prove myself worthy of forgiveness by living the values that have guided me as a productive and peaceful citizen for the past 53 years."
(I really can't tell if it's the same guy but guessing it is.)

Oh, a whine-fest.

https://www.bradrukstales.com/post/17-l ... d-to-milan
I truly thought that my sentencing would result in probation, and coming home would be a turning point into getting on with my life. Instead, I had to look forward to a horrifying experience. I spent several days in disbelief, with a side of anger and resentment towards the injustices of our government towards all Jan 6ers. It's a cruel fetish to knowingly arrest protesters for "picketing", and try to get them sentenced to prison. I don't understand what it would be like to be that type of person.
You can feel the remorse, right?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

NEW: The DOJ unseals three new Jan. 6 cases against David Krauss, Nicholas Krauss and Russell Dodge Jr., all of New Jersey. They all face the standard four misdemeanors. Statement of facts: https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 36.1.1.pdf
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Capitol riot arrests continue

Court has unsealed case against Tyng Yang of Chicago

In charging document, feds allege Yang "physically resisted law enforcement officers and grabbed hold of a police baton while an officer was using it to push back against other rioters"
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

"You work for us"

"You forgot who you work for"

"Oathbreakers!"

Newly released video trial exhibit from Jan 6 case of Riley Williams of Pennsylvania, who's accused of directing mob at Capitol
What all the cool tourists do :whistle:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I think she's the local yokel. One county up.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”