Assault on the Capitol (DC)

bob

Re: Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Post by bob »

Suranis wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 11:03 am What was the Water Moccasin doing with a shovel?
Normal touristy stuff. :whistle:
Image ImageImage
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

DOJ sought 90 days imprisonment and three years of probation for Jan. 6 defendant Michael Timbrook. Trump-appointed U.S. District Judge Trevor McFadden gave him 12 months probation.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

STANDBY: Sentencing at 2pm in Capitol riot case of Matthew Miller of Maryland

Feds seek 51 months (4+ years) arguing Miller "unleashed" contents of fire extinguisher on officers, threw items (including batteries) at officers in tunnel, scaled wall w/ toppled bike rack barrier
Hearing still going on. Worth reading the whole thread.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

No decision yet but it sounds like the judge wants to give the drunk/stoned white boy a break cuz....why not?
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (50.14 KiB) Viewed 1134 times
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

33 months, for assaulting the Cathedral of Democracy... :mad:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
bob

Post by bob »

Mother Jones: An Infamous MAGA Lawyer Is Funding Wacky Legal Defenses for January 6 Suspects:
A year after the “Kraken” lawsuits, Sidney Powell is still helping spread conspiracy theories in the courts.

Kelly Meggs, an Oath Keeper facing seditious conspiracy charges over the January 6 insurrection, is getting new lawyers. And his outgoing attorney says that a nonprofit set up by Sidney Powell—the infamous pro-Trump lawyer behind the failed “Kraken” election lawsuits—has offered to help pay for Meggs’ legal defense.

Jonathan Moseley has represented Meggs since October—work that’s included filing a motion that seemed to compare Covid vaccine policies to the Holocaust. Now Moseley is being forced to step aside due to his disbarment in Virginia last month for what the state bar said were improper billing practices. In interviews, he said that Powell’s group, Defending the Republic, had covered all his fees in the Meggs case, more than $70,000 through March. And he told me earlier this month that he expected that Meggs’ new counsel “would get funded in place of me for this work.”

The attorneys taking over Meggs’ case—Juli Haller and Stanley Woodward—declined to answer questions about their relationship with Defending the Republic and wouldn’t say whether the group would continue picking up the tab for Meggs’ defense. But according to Moseley, Powell’s organization is already paying for Haller to represent Meggs’ wife, Connie. Haller, who worked closely with Powell in 2020 to promote election fraud claims in court, now functions “like a liaison” for Powell, according to Moseley. Moseley said that it was Haller who initially recruited him to represent Kelly Meggs and arranged for him to be compensated by Defending the Republic.

As Buzzfeed previously reported, Moseley has said that Defending the Republic is also paying the legal bills for other January 6 defendants: Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes and Kenneth Harrelson, another Oath Keeper. Additionally, Moseley wrote in a court filing in December that Defending the Republic had agreed to pay “legal fees and expenses” for Zach Rehl, the head of the Philadelphia chapter of the Proud Boys, who faces conspiracy charges related to his role in the attack. All of these defendants have pleaded not guilty.

Moseley told me that Defending the Republic caps the fees it pays January 6 lawyers at “something like” $10,000 per month. He has separately represented Rhodes and Stop the Steal founder Ali Alexander in civil lawsuits stemming from January 6, but he said Defending the Republic did not fund that work.

Kellye SoRelle, an attorney for the Oath Keepers organization, also said that Defending the Republic was paying the legal bills for Rhodes and other Oath Keepers in their criminal cases. SoRelle said that when she was trying to find Rhodes a lawyer following his January 13, 2022, arrest in Texas, she received a call from Phillip Linder, a Dallas attorney, who was meeting with Rhodes. Linder said, “Sidney sent me up here, and she is gonna take care of the legal tab,” SoRelle recalled. Linder, Powell, and lawyers working for Powell’s organization did not respond to requests for comment.
Image ImageImage
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Woodward is already representing other defendants and I don't see anything unusual on a quick search. He may just be a standard lawyer representing a client (everybody is entitled to a defense). Meggs better hope that Woodward is doing the heavy lifting. Juli Haller was of Powell's Kraken lawyers in Detroit and apparently broke down crying when the judge was raking them over the coals.
101010 :towel:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

As usual, the question is where is the money coming from that Sydney is using to pay for these "legal tabs."
Hic sunt dracones
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Suranis wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 11:53 pm As usual, the question is where is the money coming from that Sydney is using to pay for these "legal tabs."
Is called "Dark money" and John Roberts says that all I have to tell you! You shut up now, or I make you a special tea.

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

This was already known and reported on. Not sure if we discussed though :shrug: . Sidney grifted ~$15M for Big Lie lolsuits, that she then pledged to use for insurrectionists after those fizzled out.

Here’s an story from March 10 on it: https://www.businessinsider.com/sidney- ... nse-2022-3

12/6/21 right when the money was grifted: https://www.washingtonpost.com/investig ... story.html
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Jan. 6 defendants Matthew Bokoski and his father Bradley Bokoski were arrested, per court records. Matthew was picked up in Illinois, while Bradley was arrested in Utah.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

TODAY: Sentencing at 1pm in Jan 6 case of Pennsylvania woman accused of recording selfie video saying "We were looking for Nancy to shoot her in the frickin' brain"
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Sounds touristy as well as legitimate political discourse.

Justice Dept has announced this arrest, alleging this about Rod Milstreed: "Among other things, he sent photos of blood on the floor in what appears to be the Upper West Plaza & then later added, “Man I’ve never seen anything like this. I feel so alive"

https://justice.gov/usao-dc/pr/maryland ... tol-breach
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

ARRESTS KEEP COMING:

Court unseals new Jan 6 case against Levi Gable

Per charging documents, a former college buddy tipped the feds about Gable
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

That'll teach him to steal a dude's weed.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Another one going for a bench trial. If I'm reading the thread correctly, he didn't get the judge card he might have hoped for...

STANDBY:

High-level Jan 6 defendant Kyle Fitzsimons, who among other things allegedly wore a butcher coat amid the riotous mob, is about to appear in court

He's expected to talk about request for a BENCH TRIAL... putting his fate in hands of judge, rather than jury
:snippity:
Judge: "I was the judge in the MIchael Flynn case... is he aware of that?"

Defense: Yes.

Judge: "I'm friends with the former FBI agent Peter Strzok.. he's been the center of many conspiracy theories involving President Trump"

Defense: Not aware of Strzok friendship
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Kendra wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:36 am Another one going for a bench trial. If I'm reading the thread correctly, he didn't get the judge card he might have hoped for...

Judge: "I was the judge in the MIchael Flynn case... is he aware of that?"

Defense: Yes.

Judge: "I'm friends with the former FBI agent Peter Strzok.. he's been the center of many conspiracy theories involving President Trump"

Defense: Not aware of Strzok friendship

:popcorn:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

There's not enough :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: in the world for this :batting:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Pauline Bauer, a low level Jan 6 defendant who’s been locked up in pretrial jail since last year, is back in court. She’s invoked sovereign citizen language, has served as own counsel and had series of court disruptions previously

ALERT: Plea agreement hearing at 11am in US Capitol siege case of Matthew Wood, who's accused of entering conference room of Speaker Nancy Pelosi & allegedly posted "boasts about a “necessary revolt” against a “tyrannical government"
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Jan. 6 defendant Thaddis Johnson was arrested in California, per court records. Feds say he ran a YouTube channel called “Real Important News,” and was in the Senate parliamentarian's office.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

This one actually is mentally ill.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Today's Numbers
The number of federal cases against individuals involved in the Capitol Hill Siege stands at 814. According to our latest analysis of the cases:

Average age: 39-years-old
Individuals came from 46 states and the District of Columbia
Cases have been brought against 702 men (87%) and 112 women (13%)
The largest numbers came from Florida (85), Texas (69), and Pennsylvania (69)
The majority (>77%) were charged in part using evidence from their personal social media accounts, others' accounts, or both
At least 101 (13%) have military experience (91 Veterans, 4 Reserve, 3 National Guard, 2 Attending Basic Training, 1 Active Duty)
307 (30%) have pleaded or were found guilty
We will continue to monitor developments and provide daily updates.
https://extremism.gwu.edu/Capitol-Hill-Siege
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

pipistrelle wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 11:21 pm
Today's Numbers
Individuals came from 46 states and the District of Columbia
At least the insurrectionists can legitimately claim to be a nationwide movement! I wonder what is, ah, special about the 4 states that don't have charged insurrectionists? Maybe they have no insurrectionists... or perhaps their insurrectionist population is savvy enough to avoid self-incrimination?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

My guess is that Alaska and Hawai'i are too remote

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”