Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Dr. Ken

Re: Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Dr. Ken wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:03 pm https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/stat ... RNvua7UG0w
Scott MacFarlane@MacFarlaneNews
They tried to retreat.... the mob pursued

Powerful court exhibit from US Justice Dept in Capitol riot case
Hey, those tourists drove from all over the country and the Capitol Police were trying to close the gift shop early! /s
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 48de9c1308
As senators hid from rioters on January 6, Graham interrupted a Capitol officer who was giving evacuation directions.
"You're here to protect us," he reportedly told the officer. "You let people breach the Capitol."
"Shut up, Lindsey!" replied Democratic Sen. Sherrod Brown of Ohio.
As senators gathered in a secure location amid the riot at the Capitol on January 6, Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina was apoplectic, even complaining to a Capitol Police officer that the security force "let people breach the Capitol."

That's according to reporting included in "This Will Not Pass: Trump, Biden, and the Battle for America's Future," a forthcoming book from the New York Times reporters Jonathan Martin and Alex Burns.

After their evacuation from the Senate chamber, senators had been taken to the secure location of SH-216, the Senate Judiciary Committee room in the Hart Senate Office Building. A Capitol police captain reportedly announced to the group that they were hoping to evacuating them onto busses behind the building.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Kendra wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:30 pm https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 48de9c1308
As senators hid from rioters on January 6, Graham interrupted a Capitol officer who was giving evacuation directions.
"You're here to protect us," he reportedly told the officer. "You let people breach the Capitol."
"Shut up, Lindsey!" replied Democratic Sen. Sherrod Brown of Ohio.
As senators gathered in a secure location amid the riot at the Capitol on January 6, Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina was apoplectic, even complaining to a Capitol Police officer that the security force "let people breach the Capitol."

That's according to reporting included in "This Will Not Pass: Trump, Biden, and the Battle for America's Future," a forthcoming book from the New York Times reporters Jonathan Martin and Alex Burns.

After their evacuation from the Senate chamber, senators had been taken to the secure location of SH-216, the Senate Judiciary Committee room in the Hart Senate Office Building. A Capitol police captain reportedly announced to the group that they were hoping to evacuating them onto busses behind the building.
In fairness, Lindsey clearly thought that *this one time*, the leopards would surely not eat *his* face.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Per court filing from prosecutors, Capitol riot defendant Landon Copeland intends to plead guilty

Copeland is a Utah man w/ whom I've spoken via jailhouse phone calls. He's a military vet who has insisted that police provoked the crowd & said Trump would return to office soon
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

US Attorney's court filing says a witness in the Capitol riot case of Tim Hale-Cusanelli has been subject to harassment, has been called a "rat" by Hale-Cusanelli supporter/podcast host and has had to change addresses multiple times
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Incoming Bench Slap!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:00 pm Incoming Bench Slap!
I'd bet real money you wish that you'd have used that term in your practicing days :batting:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Frater I*I wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:41 pm
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:00 pm Incoming Bench Slap!
I'd bet real money you wish that you'd have used that term in your practicing days :batting:
I would sotto vocce only. :flirtyeyes:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Check out these tourists.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justic ... -rcna27175
WASHINGTON — A Pennsylvania man who said he was influenced by the QAnon movement pleaded guilty Tuesday to assaulting police officers with a giant Trump sign at the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021.

Marshall Neefe, 25, pleaded guilty to conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding and assaulting, resisting, or impeding officers during a court hearing. Neefe admitted that he wrote after the attack that he was "bringing a gun next time" and that he wanted to hurt officers who protected the Capitol.

The enormous, blue Trump sign that the mob used as a weapon was at least 8 feet tall and 10 feet wide, and "supported by large casters that were approximately the size of a man's head," according to the agreed-upon statement of offense in Neefe's case. One of the U.S. Capitol Police officers who was part of the line said it took at least 15 officers to carry the sign away.

"If I had it my way every cop who hurled a baton or maced on [sic] of us would be lined up and put down," Neefe admitted he wrote on Jan. 6. "We made sure they know we f---ing OWN them."

Before the Capitol attack, Neefe admitted that he really wanted to “crack some commie skulls" and that he made a wooden club that he brought to D.C. that he'd dubbed “The Commie Knocker.”

Neefe, according to the government, told the FBI after his arrest in September 2021 that he was "heavily influenced by QAnon conspiracy theories" and that he stapled an American flag to a wooden club to use against "possible Antifa." He said he lost the club inside the Capitol, and that he "no longer supports QAnon conspiracy theories," according to the government.
Seems touristy.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

NEW: "Plea offer forthcoming" from US Justice Dept to Jan 6 defendant Karol Chwiesiuk, a police officer from Illinois (he went on leave of absence after arrest)

Next court hearing set for July 18
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Court unseals new US Capitol breach case. Chad Heathcote of Des Moines, Iowa-area

Heathcote allegedly pulled down social media posts shortly after Jan 6.. after he allegedly "bragged" about being in DC to "stop the steal"

And per charging documents, Chad's nickname is "D-Love"
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

NEW: The feds say they’ve got the guy who smashed in a window at the Senate Wing Door on Jan. 6.

He was at the fourth person to enter the building.

Edward Kelley of Tennessee.
Read the whole thread.
raison de arizona

Nice work! :clap:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I hadn’t seen this.
And whether by sheer luck, real-time trial and error, or advance knowledge by rioters, several of those vulnerable windows and two glass-paned doors — protected with only a thin Kevlar film added after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks — became easy entry points for hundreds of Trump supporters who overran and ransacked the building on Jan. 6.

Video shows some of the first rioters to break through the police line running past 15 reinforced windows, making a beeline for a recessed area on the Senate side of the building, where two unreinforced windows and two doors with unreinforced glass were all that stood between them and hallways leading to lawmakers inside who had not begun to evacuate.
I just lost the link but it was LA Times.
raison de arizona

Well that's interesting. Hope we can find who told them to do that.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

NEW: Kyle Young of Iowa pleads guilty in US Capitol riot case. Young was among those accused of assault on DC officer Michael Fanone. Feds add this about Young: “While in the tunnel area beneath the archway, he held a strobe light toward the police line and pushed forward…
Justice Dept says Fanone was “wearing uniform, marked helmet & tactical vest was assaulted while he was in the mob by rioters, including Young. Young held the officer’s left wrist & pulled the officer’s arm away from his body. The MPD officer was then swept further in the crowd”
raison de arizona

Eight months. Worth pointing out is that his father is a NYS Supreme Court judge.

raison de arizona

raison de arizona

An idea of the scale of the, uh, tourism.

Jim Jordan is concerned about the FBI suspending the security clearances of half a dozen agents that were in that crowd.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:54 pm :snippity:

Jim Jordan is concerned about the FBI suspending the security clearances of half a dozen agents that were in that crowd.
https:// twitter.com/JudiciaryGOP/status/1522594775957913606
IMHO as law enforcement agents they had special training in detecting unlawful behaviour. They ought at least have retreated from the mob. Remaining at the scene of the crime makes them participant when later not reporting what they observed. Any that did "not enter the Capitol" but crossed the police barrier even when those had been vandalized had been on forbidden grounds. Least but not last, the agents are not losing their jobs (yet) only the security clearance. I wonder why they cannot be trusted...
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

That last paragraph about whistleblower protection...I need an irony emoji for that. :roll:
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

he is afraid of what they are going to say about him
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Initial court appearance TOMORROW in newly unsealed US Capitol breach case against Josh Colgan of Maine

Feds accuse Colgan of posting on social media in Jan 2021 about "the start of the chaos.. the start of a revolution

100s more arrests expected

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”