Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Kendra

Re: Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Post by Kendra »

A late day flurry of announcements of US Capitol riot arrests continues

James Haffner & Ron Loehrke of Seattle

Both accused of being among first to breach barricades. Haffner allegedly used "aerosol spray on officers" Loehrke allegedly shouted “Don’t back down, patriots!
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Uninformed wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:41 pm “What Led A Police Chief Turned Yoga Instructor To The Capitol Riot?”:

“In 2019, Alan Hostetter posted a 20-minute "sunset gong meditation" on his YouTube channel.
In the video, he stands on a Southern California cliffside in a white tunic, wearing a turquoise bandana over long hair and a full salt-and-pepper beard. He speaks of "peace and tranquility," over an image of himself hitting a gong in front of a golden sun.
Less than a year later, he was fantasizing aloud about the Founding Fathers hanging California Gov. Gavin Newsom and stating that traitors to the country "need to be executed as an example."
Now, Hostetter is facing a criminal indictment alleging that he conspired with anti-government, extremist militiamen to bring chaos to the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 and obstruct Congress from conducting the peaceful transfer of power.
More than 500 people are now facing criminal charges related to the attack on the Capitol six months ago. And the case of Alan Hostetter reveals how the 2020 protests that began as a response to coronavirus-related lockdowns helped fuel a far-right movement supported by Republican political figures and may have contributed to the Capitol riot.”
This guy.

82-page motion to dismiss based on "OUTRAGEOUS GOVERNMENT CONDUCT": https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... to-dismiss

It's really quite something. What, I don't know, but Something.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Shorter version.

:crazy:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

This sounds good.
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Post by Mr brolin »

Not sure if this has been posted previously, GWU "Program on Extremism" is trying to build and maintain a log of court records related, all in neat alphabetical order. Not a timely as Ye Olde Twitter but useful nevertheless

https://extremism.gwu.edu/Capitol-Hill-Cases
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Court hearing at 2pm in high-level US Capitol riot case of Andrew Taake of Texas, who allegedly used *metal whip* and chemical spray on Jan 6

Court filings say fed. agents used messages & location info from BUMBLE dating app to make case against Taake. He pleaded NOT GUILTY
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2021/1 ... ga-retreat
Convicted insurrectionist headed to prison seems to thinks she’s going on an extended yoga retreat

“Yes, I’m going to prison. I’m going to prison because of a tweet that said I’m not going to prison. [...] But it was a reply. It was a reply to a tweet. I said I’m not going to prison, but I was talking to a hater.”

In a video she posted a few days ago, Ryan said she was having a real roller coaster of emotions these days but that she was posting because she felt like she could “take on the world.” She also claimed that she had had to go off of all of her medications because you cannot have them in federal prison. It is not clear what medications a federal prison would not allow her to have as, by law, any drugs prescribed by a licensed professional can be taken in prison, though those drugs must be handled and controlled through the correctional facility’s pharmacy.

Any the ways. On Sunday, Ryan posted a new video titled “Keep Positive- Prison Fit Check,” in which she explained the optimistic outlook for her prison stay. “The only thing I can see that’s good about going to prison is that I’m going to be able to work out a lot, and do a lot of yoga, and detox.” That’s a positive attitude. “And also I can’t eat because the food is awful and, there’s just no food.” Interesting. Maybe she has read some of my articles about how Alabama, Sheriff Todd Entrekin pocketed around $750,000 from the prison food fund over a three-year period? Maybe she’s mixing up her ideas with the food given to high school students in predominantly Black areas?

Back to some good old self-motivation from Ms. Ryan. “So, I’ll lose some weight in prison, everyone is telling me I’ll lose weight.” Great, I guess? “So hopefully I’ll be able to get down to my ideal weight because I won’t be able to drink. I won’t be able to eat. I won’t be able to eat all of the stupid stuff like chips and all of the stupid stuff I eat, sometimes.” She then proceeds to weigh herself on camera and basically says she believes she can lose about 30 pounds in prison. In fact, Ryan goes on, if she can drop 30 pounds in 60 days, prison will “be worth it.”
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Club Fed. Good luck to her. I hope it doesn't work out.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

I think she has some bipolar mixed with narcissism. :popcorn:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

I think she's just a stupid asshole.
Image Image Image Image
Jim

Post by Jim »

Estiveo wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:04 pm I think she's just a stupid asshole.
Within a week of them slamming the door shut on her, she'll be begging and crying in front of a judge begging to be let go. Pubs are just a bunch of tough-talking wimps.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

If she was put in Florence ADX, she could have 23 hours a day of yoga.
101010 :towel:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

It will surely turn her life upside down ;)
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Jim wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:09 pm
Within a week of them slamming the door shut on her, she'll be begging and crying in front of a judge begging to be let go. Pubs are just a bunch of tough-talking wimps.
I hope she reads Orange is the New Black. The actual book, not the TV show. It’ll scare the crap out of her. She’s not prepared for prison, even Club Fed.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

About 200 Capitol Police officers have left since Jan. 6
https://www.axios.com/200-capitol-polic ... acc37.html
What they're saying: "I believe it's around 200 or so," Bolton told the Senate Rules & Administration Committee when asked how many officers had left the Capitol Police in the aftermath of Jan. 6.

A USCP spokesperson did not immediately respond to a request to provide the exact number of officers who have left.

Bolton said USCP has only implemented about 30 changes out of 104 recommendations his office offered following the riot.

"Out of 200 security enhancements the department provided to the inspector general, only 61 of those items have supporting documentation to support that those enhancements have occurred," Bolton added.
These security enhancements have included issuing cellphones to officers as a consequence of poor radio communications on Jan. 6.

The bottom line: The Capitol Police "lacks the infrastructure for training, the intelligence gathering and expertise that’s needed to prevent future attacks and an overall cultural change," Bolton testified.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Is Fanone still with the Capitol Police or did he go out on disability?
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Maybenaut wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:04 pm
I hope she reads Orange is the New Black. The actual book, not the TV show. It’ll scare the crap out of her. She’s not prepared for prison, even Club Fed.
My guess is she expects something will happen and she won't have to report. She's privileged, er, special.
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:45 am
Maybenaut wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:04 pm

My guess is she expects something will happen and she won't have to report. She's privileged, er, special.
And because she has blond hair and white skin don't forget :roll:
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Post by johnpcapitalist »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:45 am
Maybenaut wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:04 pm I hope she reads Orange is the New Black. The actual book, not the TV show. It’ll scare the crap out of her. She’s not prepared for prison, even Club Fed.
Perhaps she's expecting Trump to pardon her. He is the actual president, you know.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

“Fucked those cops up."

The feds rolled out several Jan. 6 arrests today, including that of #BlackPufferWhiteScarf, who was brought down with the help of his pierced ear and wrist tattoos.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Another Jan. 6 case coming in hot. The feds say Jeffrey William Hubbard, who was arrested in Oregon, could be seen chanting "Break it Down” at the door to the House chamber.
Seems touristy.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

What did key Oath Keepers do immediately after breaching the Capitol on Jan. 6?

According to a newly public FBI interview report, some of them went to Olive Garden.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Free bread sticks. (they are actually good). :lol:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Very interesting filing by feds in case of accused OathKeeper Jan 6 conspirator Tom Caldwell, arguing against easing his release conditions

They allege he did post-Jan 6 on-line searches about relocating to Costa Rica

And they show image of cell-phone disguised gun he'd bought

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”