Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Gregg

Re: Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Post by Gregg »

northland10 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:18 pm
Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:21 pm You know what sucks worse than grudgingly respecting Cheney`s response to J6? Grudgingly respecting Pence`s on J6.
Yeah, appreciating what they did can be difficult, but it is important to respect when somebody we may despise does the right action for the right reason. If folks did not, those who may actually choose the better path won't.

This does not mean they are absolved of all their past choices or are now somebody we want elected to office, but we can appreciate the good choices they did make.
Even a stopped Nazi is right twice a day.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Off Topic
One of the Peculiarities of mathematics that I sometimes think about is that while a stopped clock is right twice a day, a clock running slow or fast might only be right once a year.

So its best to be running at the pace of time, or not at all.
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Robert Lee Petrosh, “simply a misguided tourist.”
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Assault the Cathedral of Democracy....

And suffer nothing... :cussing: :smokeears: :mad2: :fuckyou: :torches:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Per court filing tonight, this image was texted by a US Capitol riot defendant in Nov. 2020 .... after defendant also texted "The punishment for treason is death..."

Phillip Bromley has pleaded guilty and faces sentencing May 10
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Where did this person find British passport holders in the Capitol :confuzzled: :think:

:cantlook: to be defended by a member of the B.A. R. :lol:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Suranis wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:29 pm
Off Topic
One of the Peculiarities of mathematics that I sometimes think about is that while a stopped clock is right twice a day, a clock running slow or fast might only be right once a year.

So its best to be running at the pace of time, or not at all.

Time is an Illusion.: Lunchtime doubly so.
The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Off Topic
But a clock that is one minute fast but running at the correct speed is never correct. But it is still useful.

But the defendants in these cases didn't have a slow clock or a fast clock; they had one that this than the time was fruitcake past banana o'clock, and that's Insurrection Time.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

"Essentially what you have right now is a number of different defendants trying various different legal strategies...they're basically trying to throw spaghetti at the wall and see what will work with a jury" -
@ryanjreilly
w/
@NicolleDWallace
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Slightly OT, but I couldn't think of another thread to put this in.

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2022/ ... om-base-a/
Two noncommissioned officers at Fairchild Air Force Base, including one authorities believe made social media threats about seizing the U.S. Capitol in late 2020, have denied allegations they stole thousands of rounds of ammunition from the West Plains military installation.

John I. Sanger, 30, and Eric A. Eagleton, 29, are both named in an 11-page criminal complaint unsealed Tuesday in federal court in Spokane. They are identified in the documents as staff sergeants in the Air Force, a rank between senior airman and technical sergeant. An FBI agent with the Inland Northwest Joint Terrorism Task Force, working with the Air Force’s Office of Special Investigations, accused both men of taking the ammunition for personal use at a shooting range near Fishtrap Lake at least twice in March.

Authorities tied Sanger to two social media accounts making antigovernment statements in the months between the 2020 presidential election and the storming of the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, according to court documents. He appeared in a federal courtroom Wednesday afternoon following his arrest Tuesday, where a denial of the charges was entered on his behalf by U.S. Magistrate Judge James Goeke.

The government alleges that in a comment posted Dec. 2, 2020, one of the accounts linked to Sanger said in response to a question about what “taking our government back” looked like, “I think the capital needs to be seized … No trial or chance to escape,” according to court records.

Four days later, the same account wrote, “They defrauded our election system and are getting away with it. That means this system has run it’s course. People have to die,” according to a sworn statement from FBI Special Agent David M. White.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

STANDBY: Court hearing at 10am in unique Jan 6 case of Pauline Bauer, who has invoked sovereign citizen language, has represented self in case.. & has been in pretrial detention for months due to court outbursts, violations of release conditions.... despite lower level charges
So… Bauer’s stand-in defense lawyer says if Feds dropped the felony charge, Bauer would likely plead to misdemeanor

Judge T McFadden mentions possibility of bench trial to Bauer’s defense

Defense lawyer says they will review that possibility
Flagging this: Judge McFadden was the judge in the first and only two bench trials from Jan 6. Partial or full acquittal in those two trials
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Kendra wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:19 am Slightly OT, but I couldn't think of another thread to put this in.
I put it in Military Behaving Badly. 8-)
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:34 am
Kendra wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:19 am Slightly OT, but I couldn't think of another thread to put this in.
I put it in Military Behaving Badly. 8-)
Thank you. I had no idea there was a thread for that :bag:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/swedish- ... be1ae976bc
The FBI has identified one of the most wanted perpetrators of the Jan. 6 Capitol riot, a man who took on a leadership role after storming the building while wearing a limited edition scarf from a city in Sweden.

The man has been referred to as “Swedish Scarf” by online investigators in the “Sedition Hunters” community who have been identifying participants in the Jan. 6 riot. The unique scarf was one of less than 1,000 given to former residents of the town of Skellefteå, Sweden, back in 2017, and the mystery of the man’s identity has drawn international attention.

His name isn’t public yet, but he’s part of an indictment against Danny Rodriguez ― the Trump fanatic who electroshocked Officer Mike Fanone ― and against Ed Badalian, a Trump supporter who went by “Trump Ed” online and was arrested earlier this month.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

A Jan 6 defense lawyer is arguing his client urinated on the wall of the US Capitol ...... due to a lack of porta potties==>
:roll:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

How inconsiderate of the President to not provide portapoties to his rioters. Even Washington provided portapoties to his army when they were crossing the Delaware into Vietnam!
Hic sunt dracones
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:rotflmao:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

It's not like they were at a renaissance festival in the middle of the woods.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:30 pm It's not like they were at a renaissance festival in the middle of the woods.
Some of those have fancy flush toilets. ;)
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

much ado

Post by much ado »

Good video.
Lani

Post by Lani »

much ado wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:31 pmGood video.
:yeahthat:
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Wow.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

When I read the books I assumed he didn’t want to get into the car because they would leave and that would be abrogating his duty and allowing the coup/insurrection.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Wasn't there a statement around Jan 5 that Pence wasn't going to show and Grassley was going to take his J6 duties? I'm guessing that was the plan. Grassley would have done trump's bidding. But then Pence showed up and ruined everything, ruining it further by refusing to leave.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”