Assault on the Capitol (DC)

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

AndyinPA wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:35 pm If you want to tour the Capitol, you have to get in touch with your representative to get tickets to tour. What, nobody has produced theirs yet?
Heck, I've been to the Capitol building and had tickets for an extended tour with our group. This is hard? None of us were trying to leap through broken windows. Just sayin'
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Ben-Prime wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:44 pm And if that weren't enough, the judge also ruled that Hatchet Speed is not allowed to change his name to "Hercules Rockefeller", "Rembrandt Q. Einstein", or "Handsome B. Wonderful".
You won my internet today.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Appears to be a paywall, but I was able to read by opening private window.
:snippity: Pollock is the sister of another Jan. 6 riot defendant, Jonathan Pollock, who disappeared months ago after a federal arrest warrant was issued for him in June of 2021. He is charged with Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers or Employees; Aiding and Abetting; Theft of Government Property; Restricted Building or Grounds Without Lawful Authority; and Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct on Capitol Grounds. :snippity:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Raskin: They claim they were really antifa and FBI agents but on the other hand they are trying to get them out of jail. Which is it? Why are they trying to get these antifa imposters out of jail.. for trying to overthrow an election which they apparently won.
Raskin is so spot on. Always.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

OT - why does Raskin wear that head scarf?
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

He is undergoing cancer treatments. The head scarf is a hat tip to someone he admires. I will look that up.

ETA:
One such [Raskin] supporter is Sopranos alum and E Street Band member Steve Van Zandt, who sent Raskin some of his own head scarves. “You are about to see a step up in my chemo head-cover fashions for the next few months,” Raskin tweeted in his thank you message to Steve.

While some critics on Twitter are quick to point out that as a man, hair loss shouldn’t be an issue, medical professionals remind us that there are other reasons to wear head coverings during chemotherapy besides hair loss.

“Chemo causes hair loss, tenderness to the scalp, and many times sores,” one Twitter user wrote. “A head scarf protects the regulation of body temperature that is effected [sic] by chemo, and protects the scalp. Please be kind to chemo patients, they are fighting for their life.” In fact, this is Raskin’s second battle with cancer, after he overcame colon cancer in 2011.
https://www.distractify.com/p/why-is-ra ... n-his-head
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:53 am He is undergoing cancer treatments. The head scarf is a hat tip to someone he admires. I will look that up.
Steven Van Zandt.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

sugar magnolia wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:56 am
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:53 am He is undergoing cancer treatments. The head scarf is a hat tip to someone he admires. I will look that up.
Steven Van Zandt.
Gotta love Little Steven for that.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Azastan wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:26 am
sugar magnolia wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:56 am
Steven Van Zandt.
Gotta love Little Steven for that.
One of several reasons. Fun OT fact, Van Zandt is ethnically Italian but took his stepfather's name to honor him for raising him after bio dad bailed.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Van Zandt sent him some from his personal supply when he heard that Raskin was wearing them because he admired him so much. He was on the road at the time, but promised to send him more of the hand-made head scarves when he returned. I think I posted something on it a while ago. It was a nice story.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Here's some newly posted footage (from Jan. 6 case of Michael Roche) of some Capitol tourists revering and respecting a locked door.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

While I'm by no means an expert on military benefits, my understanding from a number of these cases is that any felony conviction resulting in a sentence of 60+ days in prison can affect them. Hatchet Speed was convicted of a felony w/ a base sentencing guideline of 15-21 months.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

DOJ takes on the Jan. 6 Tucker Carlson tapes
Prosecutors emphasized that defendants and their lawyers have had access to an enormous trove of evidence for nearly two years.
https://www.politico.com/news/2023/03/0 ... e-00086031
No Jan. 6 defendants should be able to delay their pending criminal trials based on speculation that the 41,000 hours of Capitol surveillance footage — recently made available by Speaker Kevin McCarthy to Fox News’ Tucker Carlson — might contain exculpatory evidence, the Justice Department argued Tuesday.

“The United States does not know the extent of any material that a member of the legislative branch purportedly provided to other individuals,” Assistant U.S. Attorney Sean McCauley wrote in a court filing connected to prominent Jan. 6 defendant Ryan Nichols. “This Court should not commit to an indefinite trial extension for this Defendant, or for any defendants, based on the unsupported allegation that pertinent information may exist somewhere, but is not currently known to either the prosecution or the defense.” :snippity:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

" on speculation that the 41,000 hours of Capitol surveillance footage ... might contain exculpatory evidence,"

:confuzzled: exculpatory evidence? that the tourist was only seeking the bathroom? the tourist was not in the Capitol at the time of his alleged crimes? that the tourist was plaing a game of Schrödingers Cat by being at the sene of his crime but also at any other place in the 40000 hours video dump?

Except that the defendant s accused of stuff that is well documented with video footage and phone cameras and messenger exchanges :blackeye:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

ANOTHER new Jan 6 case

Richard Cook of Florida was allegedly amid the mob of rioters who were coordinating pushes against police.. yelling HEAVE HO

Feds say as Cook joined in collective pushes, one police officer screamed in pain as the weight of the rioters’ pushes pinned him
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ ... s-00086180
The document is an artifact from a dangerous time: Warning that Trump would surely not concede defeat to Joe Biden, it advised Trump’s opponents to “assume the worst” would follow. It urged them to gird for a struggle not only with the president but with “institutions controlled or influenced by the GOP, including the courts.” The document forecast “militia and white supremacist activities through the inauguration — and, very likely, accelerated activity in the early months of a Biden administration.”

Plan D is sobering reading even today. It is a catalog of the defects in America’s electoral process and political culture that made it vulnerable to a rampaging demagogue— defects that some Democrats wanted to fix with drastic measures.

Should Biden lose narrowly, the report said, “layers of illegitimate structures and interventions will have contributed to it.” It closed with a warning against complacency even if Trump were to be defeated.

“A Biden win will not prove that our democracy is healthy,” the document argued, continuing: “Win, lose, or draw, we should perceive ourselves not in a singular moment of crisis but rather in what may be an era of existential challenge for American democracy.”
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Frustrated Republicans want to "move on" as far-right revives Jan. 6

https://www.axios.com/2023/03/09/januar ... er-carlson
Some Republican lawmakers are bristling at the idea of spending another two years talking about Jan. 6 — viewing the renewed focus as part of a self-destructive streak undermining their agenda for the new majority.

What's happening: Each time Democrats or the press appear ready to move on, the insurrection is dragged back to center stage by the GOP's most influential voices.

Why it matters: House Democrats used their majority to ensure the roots, violence and consequences of Jan. 6 received maximum attention through carefully choreographed prime-time hearings.

When Republicans won power in the midterms, they earned the right to set the agenda and divert attention away from what polls have shown is a serious political vulnerability.
Instead — due in large part to the empowerment of the far-right — Republicans have helped ensure wall-to-wall coverage of the 2021 Capitol attack is again blanketing cable news.

Driving the news: One day after Fox News host Tucker Carlson's presentation of unreleased Jan. 6 footage drew bipartisan outrage, the House Administration's subcommittee on oversight launched a new investigation into the work of the Jan. 6 committee.

News also broke Wednesday that Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) will be leading colleagues in a visit to Jan. 6 riot defendants in the D.C. jail, where she has claimed the conditions amount to "civil rights abuses."

"There are some members of Congress that are planning a visit to the jail, and we're working with them on writing a letter requesting a day to go and take a tour," Oversight Committee Chair James Comer (R-Ky.) told Axios.

Behind the scenes: "It is a distraction," one House Republican told Axios, saying there is a "high level of frustration with rank-and-file members" about the focus on relitigating Jan. 6.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Sentencing at 230pm in the Capitol attack case of Tristan Stevens

Prosecutors will seek 78 months prison... accusing him of physical assault against police

I'll note... they also accuse Stevens of yelling *this* at police

========>
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

The FBI has arrested Kenneth SCHULZ, who entered the Capitol on Jan. 6 moments before Jacob Chansley and joined confrontation with Capitol Police outside Senate chamber. https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 03.1.1.pdf
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Kendra wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:09 am
Sentencing at 230pm in the Capitol attack case of Tristan Stevens

Prosecutors will seek 78 months prison... accusing him of physical assault against police

I'll note... they also accuse Stevens of yelling *this* at police

========>
https:// twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/status/1634219088066097153
Some back & forth over the past hour (to begin sentencing hearing) over “aggravating factors” & sentencing guidelines. Sgt Gonell is waiting patiently to tell his story. Per prosecutor, he’ll say Tristan Stevens used stolen riot shield against him. Making it difficult to breathe
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

@MacFarlaneNews
FLASH: Judge Trevor McFadden sentences Capitol riot defendant Tristan Stevens of Florida to 60 months prison. Five full years

(He added other prison terms on other counts. But all run concurrently)
That's quite a thread on MacFarlane's feed.
Edit:
In the sentencing hearing just now, Tristan Stevens stood up and rattled off perhaps the most comprehensive list of conspiracy theories I have ever heard.

Judge McFadden is taking a breather before delivering his sentence.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

@MacFarlaneNews
I spoke briefly w/ Stevens. He says he doesn’t watch Tucker Carlson, or any tv, gets his news on internet. And continued to mention Ray Epps

When asked about Donald Trump & future “pardons”… he said Trump has already announced he’ll pardon Jan 6ers.. and would keep his word
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Wave of latest Capitol riot arrests continues

Feds announce case against Michael Mackrell of Ohio.. alleging he was seen wrapping his arm around a police officer's neck and throwing the officer to the ground

(Many of the most recently filed cases allege assault against police)
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

J6 inmates in the prison yard
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Kendra wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:09 pm
@MacFarlaneNews
I spoke briefly w/ Stevens. He says he doesn’t watch Tucker Carlson, or any tv, gets his news on internet. And continued to mention Ray Epps

When asked about Donald Trump & future “pardons”… he said Trump has already announced he’ll pardon Jan 6ers.. and would keep his word
Awwww...he still believes in fairy tales ain't that cute...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”