Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Kendra

Re: Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Post by Kendra »

So.... high-level Capitol riot defendant Ryan Samsel is accused of writing a jailhouse letter earlier this month.

Samsel is the Pennsylvania man accused of toppling barricade and knocking officer unconscious

Here's the letter... per prosecutors =====>
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Moar on Samsel in thread above.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

re: Capitol tours

Which begs the question of why lie about it if everything was on the up and up?
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Fiascoist

Post by Fiascoist »

This Mock filing sounded strange since it looks like it comes from the government. However, it is part of a pleading filed by Mr. Mock seeking new housing arrangements so that he doesn't violate his terms and conditions. But as a side note, he has been on probation previously and never had any revocation issues. (The pleading did not mention the crime but it was 7 years, so I assume a felony, could be wrong)
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

At work. Does anyone know what the tiny restitution to C-SPAN is for:
BARBER, Eric Gene
06/14/2022 05:37 PM EDT

Case number: 1:21-cr-228
Name: BARBER, Eric Gene
Charges:
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds; Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds; Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building or Grounds; Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building

Associated Documents: Associated document, Associated document, Associated document, Associated document, Associated document
Location of arrest: WEST VIRGINIA, Davisville
Case status:
Arrested on 3/3/21. Initial appearance 3/10/21.

Charged via criminal information on 3/18/21. Arraigned 3/31/21 where he pleaded not guilty to all counts.

Pleaded guilty on 12/16/21

Sentenced 6/14/22 to 45 days in jail, 24 months of probation, $500 restitution to the Architect of the Capitol and $52.95 to C-SPAN.
raison de arizona

He took a foldable stool and an iPad power station from C-SPAN’s field station while it was evacuated. And it was on video. I assume it is for that.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Court schedules initial appearance in Jan 6 case of Michigan GOP gubernatorial candidate Ryan Kelley for tomorrow at 1pm

That's the exact time the next Jan 6 Select Committee hearing begins ..
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:26 am He took a foldable stool and an iPad power station from C-SPAN’s field station while it was evacuated. And it was on video. I assume it is for that.
Thanks. I knew reporters were roughed up and equipment destroyed, but what I saw was worth a lot more.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Busy day continues

Justice Dept announces 3 more Jan 6 arrests, all out of St. Cloud Florida. Including Traci Isaacs, who's accused of re-registering w/ OathKeepers

Feds says she "submitted an application to volunteer" w/ OathKeepers.. "because she was previously a paramedic"
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Was this the judge who let two others off on bench trials? Cuz I expected him to let these yahoos off too.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:14 pm Was this the judge who let two others off on bench trials? Cuz I expected him to let these yahoos off too.
Yes. Same judge.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:14 pm Was this the judge who let two others off on bench trials? Cuz I expected him to let these yahoos off too.
Sure, but he'll sentence them to pizza followed by choice of ice cream.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:22 pm
Sure, but he'll sentence them to pizza followed by choice of ice cream.
I mean, from the other thread, I think each of them had a felony count in the mix that was part of the guilty verdict, so I'm hoping not.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

The criminal investigation is still growing

US Justice Dept seeks court order to review cellphone records of a Colorado man accused of motioning to Jan 6 rioters to open another door near security .. and allow more people inside
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Court hearing later this morning for Andrew Taake, the violent Capitol rioter caught with the help of an intrepid young professional in D.C. who set up a Bumble sting operation after Jan. 6.

(Reader: She was not at a beer garden in January.)

Sentencing hearing underway shortly for Simone Gold. You can see her breaching the Capitol here seconds after a cop is thrown to the floor.
Down thread:
"Gold refuses to take responsibility for her crime and, worse yet, she is actively using her crime to tarnish law enforcement, enrich herself, and cause harm through misinformation and vitriol."

DOJ seeking 90 days here.

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 7.68.0.pdf
Edit:
Judge Cooper: What I haven't heard from you today is anything about the five people who died that day, or the four people who committed suicide, or the young staffers who were hiding behind doors from the mob.

NEW: Simone Gold sentenced to 60 days in federal prison.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Michigan gubernatorial hopeful Ryan Kelley appears in court in one hour in Jan 6 case
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona

Doctor known for spreading Covid misinformation is sentenced to prison for role in US Capitol attack

(CNN) Dr. Simone Gold, a Beverly Hills woman known for spreading debunked claims about Covid-19 was sentenced on Thursday to 60 days in prison for illegally entering and remaining in the US Capitol during the January 6 insurrection.

Gold, founder of the group America's Frontline Doctors, was also ordered to pay a $9,500 fine -- the largest fine imposed to date among the almost 200 rioters who have been sentenced.

"Your organization is leaving people with the misimpression that this is a political prosecution or that it's about free speech," district Judge Christopher Cooper said as he imposed the sentence, slamming America's Frontline Doctors fundraising efforts that call January 6 "political persecution."

Cooper called the fundraising efforts, which have raised more than $400,000, "unseemly" and a "disservice to the true victims that day."

"It ain't about free speech," Cooper added. "January 6 was about a lot of things, but it wasn't about free speech or Covid vaccinations... the only reason you are here is where and when and how you chose to express your views."
:snippity:
https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/16/politics ... index.html
bob

Post by bob »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:43 pm Doctor known for spreading Covid misinformation is sentenced to prison for role in US Capitol attack
:fingerwag:

P&E: Founder of America’s Frontline Doctors Sentenced to 60 Days in Federal Prison for January 6 Speech in U.S. Capitol:
AFD (Gold's group) wrote:Dr. Gold did express regret for being involved in a situation that later became unpredictable, but what she is facing are the consequences of exercising free speech in today’s America. Like most January 6th defendants, she is a victim of selective prosecution – a defining feature of corrupted governments, and a direct violation of the equal protection guarantee of the US Constitution.
:bored:

And, of course:
An invitation to donate to the organization appears at the end of the announcement.
Is it even a presser if there isn't the grift?
Image ImageImage
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I’m live-tweeting (by phone hookup) a status conference at 10am in the case of an important Jan. 6 defendant, Ryan Samsel. (I’m not in court, so can’t cover arraignment of Peter Navarro) … /1
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

If you watch nothing else today, watch 17 minutes of how the Proud Boys led the assault. Intentional and coordinated. No subscription needed.

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Thanks, I'm waiting until I get home to watch.
Second time in 48 hours I've read of a threat to Chuck Schumer amid the mob on Jan 6

===>
raison de arizona

Kendra wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:53 am
His name isn’t public yet, but he’s part of an indictment against Danny Rodriguez ― the Trump fanatic who electroshocked Officer Mike Fanone ― and against Ed Badalian, a Trump supporter who went by “Trump Ed” online and was arrested earlier this month.
Danny Rodriguez was on the It Will Be Wild podcast doing a lot of crying and carrying on about how he thought he was with the good guys. His president called on him for action, etc. Asshole. Anyway, he said he tased Fanone because Fanone was resisting and getting beat up, and he figured that if he tased Fanone that it would save Fanone from further injury. He was really helping the poor guy, ya see. And then after tasing him, Rodriguez immediately fled. Because that is what one does when trying to help. The Feds were playing good guy in the interview, but even so that was a bridge too far for them.

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”