Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Re: Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Post by Ben-Prime »

sugar magnolia wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:55 am
Kendra wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:45 am
Weisbecker "stood no chance at truly grasping reality"

That is true for so, so many of them.
Well, it's true that they stood no chance at truly *wanting to grasp* reality. But they could have fought through that.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Ben-Prime

Post by Ben-Prime »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:20 am
Gregg wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:27 pm I'm not comparing them to the Capitol Police, from whom I have not heard anything but the Joe Friday arrest report.

I'm talking to Tucker Carlson and the Reich Wing who are comparing a tv crew with a puppet to 10,000 odd tourists exercising legitimate political discourse.
He’s not joking.
B8395C3C-A962-465E-BC64-A8B900CD8BB2.jpeg
If there is a just Creator, Tucker Carlson will be implicated somewhere along the line in the real insurrection.

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:20 am
Gregg wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:27 pm I'm not comparing them to the Capitol Police, from whom I have not heard anything but the Joe Friday arrest report.

I'm talking to Tucker Carlson and the Reich Wing who are comparing a tv crew with a puppet to 10,000 odd tourists exercising legitimate political discourse.
He’s not joking.
B8395C3C-A962-465E-BC64-A8B900CD8BB2.jpeg
"Colbert Team Arrested after storming the Capitol"

With a puppet. :rotflmao:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Gregg wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:35 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:27 pm I don't want them to bend the rules, they deserve what they get. It wasn't an insurrection, or even comparable to one, however.
I expect them to be "fined fifty dollars and made to pick up the garbage, and never to be seen in the vicinity driving around a van full of garbage again". Because let's be real, this ain't exactly The Alice's Restaurant Massacre here...

So, you're saying that Colbert's staff should be punished more severely than the (so-far) convicted REAL insurrectionists?

:sarcasm:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Yes, but as a parting gift, they don't have to go to Vietnam. :smoking:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Sentencing begins soon for West Virginia state delegate, who resigned after his Jan 6 arrest

==>

Edit:
FLASH: Judge sentences former West Virginia state delegate Derrick Evans to THREE MONTHS in jail in Jan 6 case.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:shock: :shock: :shock:

NEW: The DOJ says it's learned of an "overseas cargo shipment" headed for accused California Three Percenter Russell Taylor that contains two knives and two axes. Prosecutors note Taylor faces three felony charges for allegedly carrying a knife on Capitol grounds on Jan. 6.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Kendra wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:59 pm :shock: :shock: :shock:

https://twitter.com/JordanOnRecord/stat ... 1854280705
NEW: The DOJ says it's learned of an "overseas cargo shipment" headed for accused California Three Percenter Russell Taylor that contains two knives and two axes. Prosecutors note Taylor faces three felony charges for allegedly carrying a knife on Capitol grounds on Jan. 6.
Not a rocket scientist, is he? Instead of having his weapons shipped to a confidant, he has them sent to his house. :roll:
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

I dunno. If for some reason the cops came around here asking about weapons, I’d show them the gun safe, but it probably wouldn’t occur to me to show them knives and axes, although we have plenty of those. I mean, I know that they can be used as weapons, but I tend to think of them as tools.

Having said that, I don’t know what’s in this “overseas cargo shipment.”

But I also don’t think it’s any accident that the DOJ used that language. “Overseas cargo shipment” sounds a lot scarier than “Dude ordered stuff on Amazon and it’s coming from China.”
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

In light of all of the "caught up in the moment" defenses we're hearing from US Capitol riot defendants...... check this video court exhibit released today by the US Justice Dept.

Everything seems to change in a moment ====>
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

That was the exacerbation by the Proud Boys. They spread out to egg the mob on when it seemed at a standoff.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Maybenaut: Having said that, I don’t know what’s in this “overseas cargo shipment.”

But I also don’t think it’s any accident that the DOJ used that language. “Overseas cargo shipment” sounds a lot scarier than “Dude ordered stuff on Amazon and it’s coming from China.”
:yeahthat:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Maybenaut wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:24 pm I dunno. If for some reason the cops came around here asking about weapons, I’d show them the gun safe, but it probably wouldn’t occur to me to show them knives and axes, although we have plenty of those. I mean, I know that they can be used as weapons, but I tend to think of them as tools.

Sure, you think of a knife as something like a pocket knife. Dude probably ordered the Crocodile Dundee Special.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

01E7920E-2F7C-49A8-B0B2-3A49B4F249FC.jpeg
01E7920E-2F7C-49A8-B0B2-3A49B4F249FC.jpeg (97.08 KiB) Viewed 700 times
https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... .140.0.pdf
Dude is facing three felonies for… carrying a knife. He knew this was a no-no.
19676448-1ED1-4844-9F87-3BAFB77EACF3.jpeg
19676448-1ED1-4844-9F87-3BAFB77EACF3.jpeg (167.25 KiB) Viewed 700 times
https://twitter.com/inminivanhell/statu ... 0869341184
Or, and call me crazy if I’m missing something obvious here, they could just switch it to the other leg. :shrug:

Also, I’m guessing Taylor’s attorney Dyke Huish meant lesions.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:36 pm 01E7920E-2F7C-49A8-B0B2-3A49B4F249FC.jpeg
https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... .140.0.pdf
Dude is facing three felonies for… carrying a knife. He knew this was a no-no.

19676448-1ED1-4844-9F87-3BAFB77EACF3.jpeg
https://twitter.com/inminivanhell/statu ... 0869341184
Or, and call me crazy if I’m missing something obvious here, they could just switch it to the other leg. :shrug:

Also, I’m guessing Taylor’s attorney Dyke Huish meant lesions.
Dictionary.Com wrote: Liaison

noun, plural li·ai·sons [lee-ey-zawnz, lee-uh-zonz, -zuhnz or, often, ley-; lee-ey-zuhnz, -zonz; French lye-zawn].

1 the contact or connection maintained by communications between units of the armed forces or of any other organization in order
to ensure concerted action, cooperation, etc.
2 a person who initiates and maintains such a contact or connection.
3 an illicit sexual relationship.
4 Cooking. the process of thickening sauces, soups, etc., as by the addition of eggs, cream, butter, or flour.
5 Phonetics. a speech-sound redistribution, occurring especially in French, in which an otherwise silent final consonant is articulated as the initial sound of a following syllable that begins with a vowel or with a silent h, as the z- and n-sounds in Je suis un homme [zhuh swee zœ -nawm].
Do you think maybe he meant "lesions"?
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Maybenaut wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:24 pm I dunno. If for some reason the cops came around here asking about weapons, I’d show them the gun safe, but it probably wouldn’t occur to me to show them knives and axes, although we have plenty of those. I mean, I know that they can be used as weapons, but I tend to think of them as tools.

It's possible that the trigger for the feds was 2 axes and 2 knives. I might order multiple knives and axes if I was say, doing tree clearing with a scout troop, or teaching wood tool safety to said scouts, but if I were looking to clear stuff in my back yard, 1 axe and 1 knife would probably be fine. If he lived in a wooded area, he could probably get others to show up with their axes and knives.

His January 5 photo of his "tools" which included two hatches/axes and at least one knife is likely why the feds took notice.
101010 :towel:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Obviously he needed to replace his terkking gear for his next touristy activity :twisted:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Sentencing MONDAY for Jan 6 defendant who referred to the Capitol riot as a "political Woodstock"

He went inside Speaker Pelosi office suite... Feds will seek 3-months jail for Phil Weisbecker.
Approximately 3 minutes after Trump's Jan 6 tweet about Mike Pence lacking "courage"

Video from US Justice Dept court exhibit ====>
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

northland10 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:53 pm It's possible that the trigger for the feds was 2 axes and 2 knives. I might order multiple knives and axes if I was say, doing tree clearing with a scout troop, or teaching wood tool safety to said scouts, but if I were looking to clear stuff in my back yard, 1 axe and 1 knife would probably be fine. If he lived in a wooded area, he could probably get others to show up with their axes and knives.
Heh. I actually do tend to order twos of things because I KNOW I will forget where I placed one. I currently have 3 leathermen and, at any given time, can only find 1. Same with measuring tape....
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

JUST IN: Hatchet Speed, a U.S. naval reservist, has been arrested for breaching Capitol on Jan. 6, told an undercover FBI official he went to Capitol with friends who were Proud Boys.
Just another tourist in DC :whistle:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Ben-Prime

Post by Ben-Prime »

Kendra wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:31 am
JUST IN: Hatchet Speed, a U.S. naval reservist, has been arrested for breaching Capitol on Jan. 6, told an undercover FBI official he went to Capitol with friends who were Proud Boys.
Just another tourist in DC :whistle:
...with the name of a character from a late Steven Seagal direct-to-video action 'thriller'.

ETA: 'late Steven Seagal' as in 'late career', NADT.

humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

Remember this is an accountant speaking. This may be antithetical to the legal profession.

If I were arrested for a crime of violence, and I were placed on some sort of house arrest with restrictions, I would make gosh darn sure that I did not do anything stoopid during my pre-release period to piss off the prosecution and the judge. I am yellow enough to realize that if I am convicted at trial, or agree to a plea bargain that any bonehead move that I make would enhance the sentencing that I would receive.

I would have asked my lawyer whether I could order these knives and axes. (I presume this discussion with counsel is privileged.) If my lawyer said that it was a bad idea, I'd wait. If my lawyer said go ahead, then I would. Presumably there is some relief if I follow counsel's advice and that advice is wrong.

But I think these Neanderthals try to get away with as much as they can, because freedumb and all that.

Personally, I think that knives and axes are tools too, but they double as weapons. Lotsa stabbings each year. And we all remember Lizzie Borden, despite her acquittal.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”