Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Assault on the Capitol (DC)

RVInit

Re: Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Post by RVInit »

Live right now!! Hearing regarding reforms for Capitol Police.

There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

bob wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:27 pm
pipistrelle wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:16 pm
Oh, that letter is so good.

It is peppered with questions aimed at Hannity. The committee doesn't examine witnesses via letters, and the committee knows it; it is an attack being waged through the media (social and otherwise).

And it is a class troll: Hannity can not respond ("he's silent because he's scared!") or respond ("taking fire because we're over the target!"), and neither reaction is a good look for him. And the committee knows all this.

Too also, it selectively quoted some tweets, to show both Hannity and the rest of us that it has the receipts.

And namechecks Meadows, just so everyone knows who was driving the bus.

:kickface:
A question....(2 actually)

Does the WH counsel office have attorney-client privilege?

If Hannity was aware of specific concerns and issues raised by the WH legal staff, does that waive that privilege?
bob

Post by bob »

The White House Counsel is a lawyer, so confidential conversations could be privileged.*

There's no way Hannity could be deemed an agent of either counsel or the client, so if someone blabbed to Hannity what had counsel said, someone either violated or waived the privilege.

I doubt counsel violated the privilege, suggesting the client did indeed waive the privilege (by blabbing).

* Crime/fraud exceptions, etc.
Image ImageImage
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Hugo Lowell
@hugolowell
· 36m
New: White House press secretary Jen Psaki says Biden tomorrow will address Trump’s role in the Capitol attack — including the “singular responsibility President Trump has for the chaos and carnage we saw.”

:boxing:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

USA TODAY
@USATODAY
·
30m
Replying to
@USATODAY
Will Biden mention former president Trump by name?
"We'll see," said Psaki. "But I think people will know who he's referring to," she said.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Chris Marquette
@ChrisMarquette_
·
1m
Capitol Police staffing shortages are hampering the department’s ability to train, a matter Chief J. Thomas Manger said is a priority for him as he seeks to rebuild a force whose deficiencies were exposed by the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Volkonski wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:35 pm https:// twitter.com/USATODAY/status/1478789711586021386
USA TODAY @USATODAY

Replying to
@USATODAY
Will Biden mention former president Trump by name?
"We'll see," said Psaki. "But I think people will know who he's referring to," she said.
:lol: "The former guy" ;)
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

The “deficiencies” were exposed by an unprecedented attack by U.S. citizens. Yes, they should have been prepared AND they should have had the backup denied by the coup planners. This should never have happened and now can we expect this every time someone gets elected someone doesn’t like?
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:33 pmThis should never have happened and now can we expect this every time someone gets elected someone doesn’t like?
Probably, at least if it is a right-wing nutjob like Trump or DeSantis who loses. At the very least, I am sure that the Republican senators will try to object to the electoral votes and throw the election to the House of Representatives.

Maybe I'm being disingenuous (or naive), but I just can't imagine it happening if Joe Biden loses a re-election bid in 2024. I certainly can't see him holding a rally on the Ellipse on Jan. 6, 2025 and calling for his followers to "march to the Capitol and take our country back".
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

I’m sure he was just a tourist in search of the public restroom.
New arrest unsealed for Jan 6th of Bob Snow who also alleged urinated on a column in the Capitol.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

President Biden is at 9am ET:
2 hours ago - Politics & Policy
Biden: America must recognize truth about Jan. 6
Hans Nichols

President Biden will mark the first anniversary of the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol by placing responsibility on Donald Trump and telling Americans that “the way forward is to recognize the truth and to live by it,” according to excerpts of his speech released by the White House on Thursday morning.

Driving the news: Biden will address the nation from Statuary Hall in the Capitol at 9 a.m. ET.

Details: “We must decide what kind of nation we are going to be,” he will say, according to the excerpts. “Are we going to be a nation that accepts political violence as a norm? Are we going to be a nation where we allow partisan election officials to overturn the legally expressed will of the people?”

With the country weary from nearly two years of COVID, lockdowns and school closures, Biden will also attempt to hit some optimistic notes and insist that democracy is worth fighting for. Vice President Kamala Harris will appear with Biden and use her remarks to push for voting rights reform. She'll also honor men and women in law enforcement who helped defend the Capitol. Former President Trump said Tuesday he was cancelling a planned Jan. 6 press conference.

Why it matters: One year after a violent mob stormed the Capitol to try to stop the certification process, Democrats and Republicans are deeply divided on how to observe the anniversary.

What they're saying: White House press secretary Jen Psaki previewed Biden's remarks on Wednesday, saying the president "will lay out the significance of what happened at the Capitol, the singular responsibility President Trump has for the chaos and carnage that we saw.” Asked if Biden will call out Trump by name, Psaki said, "I think people will know who he's referring to."
https://www.axios.com/biden-america-mus ... f998d.html
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Here's a WaPo link to the Biden live coverage, begins at 8:30am ET at
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

From last February but I don’t know if it was posted. As I keep saying, what worries me is the Capitol insurrectionists weren’t rubes. Normal, radicalized middle class.
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... ts/617895/
However, a closer look at the people suspected of taking part in the Capitol riot suggests a different and potentially far more dangerous problem: a new kind of violent mass movement in which more “normal” Trump supporters—middle-class and, in many cases, middle-aged people without obvious ties to the far right—joined with extremists in an attempt to overturn a presidential election.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

mob mentality.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:49 am From last February but I don’t know if it was posted. As I keep saying, what worries me is the Capitol insurrectionists weren’t rubes. Normal, radicalized middle class.
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... ts/617895/
However, a closer look at the people suspected of taking part in the Capitol riot suggests a different and potentially far more dangerous problem: a new kind of violent mass movement in which more “normal” Trump supporters—middle-class and, in many cases, middle-aged people without obvious ties to the far right—joined with extremists in an attempt to overturn a presidential election.
They seem kinda soft and can not handle being in jail.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Honestly I'm not that surprised. The Middle Class has been under attack in the States for a few decades now.
Hic sunt dracones
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... hp&pc=U531
A jailed Capitol riot defendant has said he was "disappointed" in Donald Trump for canceling his January 6 press conference and suggested that the former president had abandoned his supporters.

"There should be a hundred thousand people in DC tomorrow at the very minimum … I am so disappointed with Trump and the American people at large that just do not get behind the January 6 political prisoners," Edward Jacob Lang, 26, told "The Stew Peters Show" in a Wednesday phone interview from jail.

"I feel like I have been abandoned by the political hierarchy, our leaders, our senators, our president," he said. "President Trump, where are you?"

Lang then addressed Trump directly, saying: "You better do a press conference, man. We are rotting in jail because we stood up for what you told us to stand up for."
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Kendra wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:17 am
"I feel like I have been abandoned by the political hierarchy, our leaders, our senators, our president," he said. "President Trump, where are you?"

Lang then addressed Trump directly, saying: "You better do a press conference, man. We are rotting in jail because we stood up for what you told us to stand up for."
What does it take to get through to these guys? Is it just not possible?
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

because we stood up for what you told us to stand up for.
Er, that’s the definition of sheeple.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

My Jan. 6 experience was very different from that of most other Hill reporters. I was in Georgia covering the Senate runoffs.

On Jan. 4, Trump held a rally in NW Georgia for Loeffler & Perdue.

This was the WiFi password for press. I will never forget it.

(The WiFi didn’t work)
filly

Post by filly »

Woman tied to Capitol riots was wrong-way driver in fatal crash in Franklin County

FRANKLIN COUNTY — A woman tied to the U.S. Capitol riots a year ago was drunk and driving the wrong way on Interstate 44 on Wednesday night when she killed woman and seriously the man driving another car in Franklin County, authorities said.

The Missouri Highway Patrol said the wrong-way driver, 22-year-old Emily E. Hernandez, suffered serious injuries and was taken to Mercy Hospital for treatment. Hernandez lives in Sullivan, Missouri.

The crash happened just after 7 p.m. Wednesday on eastbound I-44 in Franklin County. The woman who died in the crash was identified as 32-year-old Victoria N. Wilson of St. Clair, Missouri. She was a passenger in a car that was hit by Hernandez, police said. Wilson's husband was seriously hurt.

Hernandez was issued a citation Wednesday night at the hospital for two felonies: driving while intoxicated resulting in death, and driving while intoxicated resulting in injury. Cpl. Dallas Thompson of the Missouri Highway Patrol said Hernandez was cited for those offenses and a patrol trooper will be seeking charges from the Franklin County prosecutor's office.

Thompson said no mugshot was available of Hernandez because she was hospitalized after the wreck, and no court date has been set.

The fatal crash happened on the eve of the one-year anniversary of the U.S. Capitol riots last Jan. 6. Hernandez was pictured during the riots holding a broken sign from House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s office.
https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/cri ... a40e0.html

Prosecutors in Harris County have recently charged a drunk teenager who killed his passenger with felony murder. I don't expect this will happen in Missouri.

These "tourists" are criminals with blood on their hands.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Stonekettle’s thoughts on the anniversary.

“Insurrection, One Year On”:
https://www.stonekettle.com/2022/01/ins ... ar-on.html
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
filly

Post by filly »

Politico reports Kamala Harris was inside the DNC when the pipe bimb was discovered.

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”