Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Estiveo
Verified:

Re: Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Post by Estiveo »

Bedazzled leopard print accents on a denim jacket are exactly the attire to wear when one wants to be taken seriously.
Image Image Image Image
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Estiveo wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:04 pm Bedazzled leopard print accents on a denim jacket are exactly the attire to wear when one wants to be taken seriously.
Her misstep was wearing the scarf that clashes with the leopard print. One or the other, but not both.
jadedmonk

Post by jadedmonk »

fierceredpanda wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:44 pm I don't know if there's video, but evidently Richard Barnett (aka, Feet-on-Pelosi's-Desk Guy) freaked out in court this morning, screaming about how unfair it is that he's been locked up for a month.
That story always reminds me of...
- your friendly local "extreme moderate", political science extrordinaire, and master of the simulacrum.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

sugar magnolia wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:48 pm
Estiveo wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:04 pm Bedazzled leopard print accents on a denim jacket are exactly the attire to wear when one wants to be taken seriously.
Her misstep was wearing the scarf that clashes with the leopard print. One or the other, but not both.
Well, at least it distracts from the ridiculous earrings. 🐱 meow
Image Image Image Image
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Wow! We are in deep trouble with people like this. She couldn't even say the words that said her son was in jail.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

And using an American flag as a scarf, at that.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Nobody loves desecrating the flag like a "patriot" does.
Image Image Image Image
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Now we know where he gets his fashion sense.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:54 pm
fierceredpanda wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:44 pm I don't know if there's video, but evidently Richard Barnett (aka, Feet-on-Pelosi's-Desk Guy) freaked out in court this morning, screaming about how unfair it is that he's been locked up for a month.
https://apple.news/AwY08jjFST4G1c4BqZXMlgw
https://www.newsweek.com/richard-barnet ... ir-1573872

Barnett went batshit during his hearing. Barnett was arrested on Jan 8.

Barnett's math skills are poor. May 4 is 2 months away, not one.

Barnett's lawyers are likely going to ask for a bail hearing soon. But Burnett will not receive bail. He was armed with a cattle prod like stun gun. He's been charged with at least 8 counts, most of which are felonies.

How dare actions have consequences!!

"'I've been here a long time," Barnett yelled during an appearance in court on Thursday. "Another month ... It's not fair ... You're letting everyone else out. I need help."

Barnett also expressed frustration that people who "did much worse things" were "already home." Judge Christopher R. Cooper paused the hearing so Barnett, who phoned in from jail, could confer with his attorneys. Joseph McBride, the lead attorney for his case, told Newsweek Barnett was "understandably" frustrated when the judge told him the next status hearing wouldn't be until May 4. That hearing is related to the purpose of discovery, but Steven Metcalf, Barnett's co-counsel, said their client thought that meant his bond would not be addressed for another month."'

So unfair!!
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

LM K wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:12 pm Barnett's math skills are poor. May 4 is 2 months away, not one.
Small quibble: His complaint about pushing it out a month every time was made before the judge scheduled the next hearing for May 4. Not that a federal district judge would purposely do something like, "Oh, you didn't like when I moved the next hearing a month off? Well, try two months instead!"

It's funny to imagine it happening that way, though. :lol:
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Is this an admission before the judge that he "did a (lesser) worse thing?"
Barnett also expressed frustration that people who "did much worse things" were "already home."
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/04/politics ... e=twcnnbrk
(CNN)Federal investigators are examining records of communications between members of Congress and the pro-Trump mob that attacked the US Capitol, as the investigation moves closer to exploring whether lawmakers wittingly or unwittingly helped the insurrectionists, according to a US official briefed on the matter.

The data gathered so far includes indications of contact with lawmakers in the days around January 6, as well as communications between alleged rioters discussing their associations with members of Congress, the official said.

The existence of such communications doesn't necessarily indicate wrongdoing by lawmakers and investigators aren't yet targeting members of Congress in the investigation, the official noted. Should investigators find probable cause that lawmakers or their staffs possibly aided the insurrectionists, they could seek warrants to obtain the content of the communications. There's no indication they've taken such a step at this point.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Kendra wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:55 pm https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/04/politics ... e=twcnnbrk
(CNN)Federal investigators are examining records of communications between members of Congress and the pro-Trump mob that attacked the US Capitol, as the investigation moves closer to exploring whether lawmakers wittingly or unwittingly helped the insurrectionists, according to a US official briefed on the matter.

The data gathered so far includes indications of contact with lawmakers in the days around January 6, as well as communications between alleged rioters discussing their associations with members of Congress, the official said.

The existence of such communications doesn't necessarily indicate wrongdoing by lawmakers and investigators aren't yet targeting members of Congress in the investigation, the official noted. Should investigators find probable cause that lawmakers or their staffs possibly aided the insurrectionists, they could seek warrants to obtain the content of the communications. There's no indication they've taken such a step at this point.
Woot! Bet Hawley and Mike Lee will be sleeping a little less soundly tonight. Biggs and Gosar in AZ too. Boebert and MTG are too dense to understand consequences, so they'll probably sleep fine. Now that I think about it, the AZ guys are pretty dense as well.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I can't wait.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Alan Feuer
@alanfeuer
Replying to
@alanfeuer
Aha.
The Q Shaman isn't hiding behind Trump, his lawyer says. Trump is hiding behind...the Q Shaman!

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

The reason this turned into a shitshow is that the Police presence it the Capitol was reduced that day and that reinforcements were blocked from deploying for 3 hours by Trump. Once the Guard and police arrived they had that building cleared in half an hour. It was scary how fast the rioters folded when they took off the gloves.

No need to invent reasons or lack of snipers. You could talk about the rules of engagement all you want but if there was a proper BLM style police presence they may have gotten into the doors but the rioters would have had a lot more difficulty doing it, it would have taken a lot longer, and they would have been out of the building inside an hour once reinforcements flooded in.
Hic sunt dracones
chefboyardont

Post by chefboyardont »

She must take her cues from 80s butt rockers. It's doable, but you have to possess other talents to pull it off.
AdrianVandenberg.jpg
AdrianVandenberg.jpg (91.46 KiB) Viewed 9647 times
filly

Post by filly »

Hay, if you have Josh Hawley's personal cell number, raise your hand!
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Suranis wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:01 pm It was scary how fast the rioters folded when they gook off the gloves.
An old saying from my days living in the ghetto:

"Everybody wants to be a gangster, until it's time to do gangster s^&t"
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

As posted to the family share 2021 album by my British/Dutch nephew in London...
IMG_0008.jpg
IMG_0008.jpg (78.12 KiB) Viewed 9598 times
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/stat ... 4968920069
Scott MacFarlane
@MacFarlaneNews
!! WHOA: US Capitol defendant Richard Barnett -- man accused of putting feet on Pelosi desk - is *screaming* at attorneys and judge during his court hearing right now.

Upset he's been locked up "for a whole month"... "it's not fair"

Judge just recessed hearing for "5 mins"
Gosh.
Hic sunt dracones
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Member of "Ammon's Army" arrested.
https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/crime ... b15ecb8cad

Some background on this idiot and her affiliation with Ammo.
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/1 ... y-protests
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Another one down..
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://patch.com/pennsylvania/pittsbur ... aign=alert
WASHINGTON, D.C. — A western Pennsylvania woman has been indicted by a federal grand jury for her alleged role in the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol.

Rachel Powell, 40, of Sandy Lake, Mercer County, was indicted on charges that include physical violence in the Capitol grounds or buildings; obstruction of an official proceeding and aiding and

abetting; destruction of government property; and engaging in physical violence in a restricted building or grounds with a deadly or dangerous weapon.

Powell allegedly is the "Bullhorn Lady" and "Pink Hat Lady" pictured on an FBI wanted poster and featured on cable news broadcasts. During an interview with The New Yorker, Powell reviewed multiple photos and videos of the Bullhorn Lady and acknowledged that she was the woman in them.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Boise woman becomes third Idahoan arrested over Jan. 6 U.S. Capitol riot in Washington

A Boise woman has become the third Idaho resident to be arrested in connection with the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol in Washington, D.C.

Yvonne St Cyr, 53, was taken into custody without incident Wednesday afternoon on an arrest warrant issued by the U.S. District Court in the District of Columbia, according to a news release from the FBI. The exact charges were not detailed.

St Cyr was arrested by members of the Department of Homeland Security, the FBI’s Joint Terrorism Task Force and the Boise Police Department.
<snip>
One Facebook Live video posted on St Cyr’s page shows the mob of people on the Capitol steps, as others inside the building are calling for “glasses and gas masks.” Shortly after, the camera flips to show St Cyr inside as she mentions the need to charge her phone.
<snip>
A day after the Capitol riot, St Cyr and her husband, Troy, took to Facebook Live and explained their experiences at the Capitol. Yvonne St Cyr said on the livestream that she “made CNN” when she leaned out a window and reportedly yelled “this is our house.”

“God put me in that window, so I’m assuming God put me on CNN screaming like a mad woman,” St Cyr said. “So hey, maybe I’m going to get arrested again, but I would get arrested and I would die for this country. So no regrets.”
https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/loc ... 96303.html
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”