Assault on the Capitol (DC)

sad-cafe

Re: Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Post by sad-cafe »

they need to have a huge photo of clyde looking all scared and have it on the floor every time he says it was tourist
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

sad-cafe wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:11 pm they need to have a huge photo of clyde looking all scared and have it on the floor every time he says it was tourist
You mean this one?
(Rep. Clyde is the gentleman at the far left screaming.)

This is a good one too, he is second from the top left helping barricade the door to the chamber.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Notaperson

Post by Notaperson »

Something I just came across that made my blood boil...

On the June 15 broadcast of Tucker Carlson Tonight, Carlson hosted Darren Beattie, who left Donald Trump’s White House after reporting emerged that he attended a white nationalist conference, to discuss a “report” published on far-right outfit Revolver that suggests the January 6 attack on the Capitol may have been orchestrated by FBI operatives.

During the episode, Carlson claimed, without presenting any tangible proof, that “in potentially every single case,” unindicted co-conspirators referenced in legal cases related to January 6 “were FBI operatives.”
https://www.mediamatters.org/january-6- ... ce-rewrite
raison de arizona

The way he goes after "anyone who has infiltrated these militias" is... disturbing.

I'm horrified at how many people get their news from Tucker Carlson.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bob

Post by bob »

From the embedded article:
The case has been turned over to the Madison County district attorney’s office. DA Rob Broussard said last week that extradition would not be sought of [the process server], who is based in Atlanta, given the nature of the charge. The warrant could be served, however, if Seklecki returned to Huntsville.
So just Brooks' performative dance.
Image ImageImage
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

covfefe wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:14 pm
sad-cafe wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:11 pm they need to have a huge photo of clyde looking all scared and have it on the floor every time he says it was tourist
You mean this one?
(Rep. Clyde is the gentleman at the far left screaming.)

This is a good one too, he is second from the top left helping barricade the door to the chamber.
YES
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Darren Beattie is a Twitter and Telegram "star", he constantly lies and makes trouble. Totally unpatriotic. He should be shamed and his name remembered as a seditionist.

Was glad to see this from Chris Wray. Let's go, we are still waiting for ALI "Alexander" AKBAR to be arrested. And his pals Gosar, Biggs & Brooks too.
Ali Alexander claims Reps. Biggs, Brooks, Gosar helped plan ...https://www.washingtonpost.com › nation › 2021/01/13
Jan 13, 2021 — Ali Alexander, a "Stop the Steal" organizer, said in December that he and three GOP congressmen had "schemed up" a plan to put "maximum ...
F.B.I. Is Pursuing ‘Hundreds’ in Capitol Riot Inquiry, Wray Tells Congress
In two separate hearings, the F.B.I. director and Pentagon officials answered questions about the failure to adequately prepare for and respond to the Jan. 6 attack.
“We’ve already arrested close to 500, and we have hundreds of investigations that are still ongoing beyond those 500,” Christopher A. Wray, the F.B.I. director, told the House Oversight Committee on Tuesday.
New York Times By Luke Broadwater June 15, 2021

WASHINGTON — The F.B.I. is pursuing potentially hundreds more suspects in the Capitol riot, the agency’s director told Congress on Tuesday, calling the effort to find those responsible for the deadly assault “one of the most far-reaching and extensive” investigations in the bureau’s history. “We’ve already arrested close to 500, and we have hundreds of investigations that are still ongoing beyond those 500,” Christopher A. Wray, the F.B.I. director, told the House Oversight Committee. :thumbsup:
***“
That response took far too long,” Ms. Maloney said. “This is a shocking failure.” Documents obtained by the committee showed that, beginning at 1:30 p.m. on Jan. 6, top officials at the Defense Department received pleas for help from the Capitol Police chief, Mayor Muriel Bowser of Washington and other officials. But the National Guard did not arrive until 5:20 p.m., more than four hours after the Capitol perimeter had been breached. “The National Guard was literally waiting, all ready to go, and they didn’t receive the green light for a critical time period, hours on end,” said Representative Ro Khanna, Democrat of California and a member of the committee.

Lawmakers had tough questions for Gen. Charles Flynn, who commands the U.S. Army Pacific, and Lt. Gen. Walter E. Piatt, the director of the Army staff, both of whom were involved in a key phone call with police leaders during the riot in which Army officials worried aloud about the “optics” of sending in the Guard, according to those involved. It was the first time lawmakers had heard from either general. In their testimony, they described the frantic call in which the chiefs of the Capitol Police and the Metropolitan Police became agitated as they tried unsuccessfully to get military support while rioters attacked their officers at the Capitol. “Both speakers on the phone sounded highly agitated and even panicked,” General Flynn recalled. By contrast, he said, General Piatt was a “calm” and “combat-experienced leader.”
General Flynn is the brother of Michael T. Flynn, President Donald J. Trump’s disgraced former national security adviser who has emerged as one of the former president’s biggest promoters of the lie of a stolen election. In submitted testimony, General Flynn said he had not participated in the call but merely overheard portions of it when he entered the room while it was in progress. He said that he had not heard any discussion of political considerations with regard to sending in the Guard. “I did not use the word ‘optics,’ nor did I hear the word used during the call on Jan. 6, 2021,” he said.
On Tuesday, some Republicans on the Oversight Committee tried to redirect the inquiry into other topics, calling for investigations of Black Lives Matter protesters or the Biden family. “I would love to ask about the Durham report, Hunter Biden’s laptop, Hunter’s business dealings in China and a host of other things,” said Representative Jody B. Hice, Republican of Georgia. :roll:
The hearings came as Senator Chuck Schumer of New York, the majority leader, highlighted on the Senate floor an assessment from the F.B.I. and the Department of Homeland Security that concluded that adherents to the pro-Trump conspiracy theory QAnon were likely to try to carry out violence, “including harming perceived members of the ‘cabal’ such as Democrats and other political opposition.” Speaker Nancy Pelosi of California said on Tuesday that she was considering moving forward with a select committee to further investigate the Capitol riot. Ms. Pelosi said her preference was for the Senate to approve a bipartisan commission, but that no longer seemed possible after Senate Republicans blocked it. “We can’t wait any longer,” she said.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/15/us/p ... gress.html

Agree with Nancy. If Republicans want to be unpatriotic and bring up bullsh*t like Durham and laptops, fu*k them, Americans need to know what happened and be reminded of how these people literally tried to bring the government down. Can't imagine a more serious crime and glad hundreds more are being investigated. Foggy's pal Amy Kremer and her daughter Kylie should be on that list (sorry Foggy, she's probably a lovely person when she isn't trying to overthrow the government. And heard she makes a wonderful onion dip.) And Mike Lindell. And a lot of other boldfaced names who were complicit, or as the detained Jan 6th goons said, amped up by their statements.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Where is the "House Committee on Un-American Activities" when you need it?
Has everybody heard about the bird?
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

orlylicious wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:34 am Was glad to see this from Chris Wray. Let's go, we are still waiting for ALI "Alexander" AKBAR to be arrested. And his pals Gosar, Biggs & Brooks too.
While I absolutely sympathize, that is not going to happen. Their conduct was closely related enough to their duties as members of Congress that they would move to dismiss any indictment citing the Speech or Debate Clause of the Constitution and the holding in United States v. Rayburn House Office Building, 497 F.3d 654 (D.C. Cir. 2007), and I would give them at least an even-money chance of winning that motion. The DOJ is going to be extremely reluctant to prosecute anything that touches on or remotely looks like privileged legislative conduct by members of Congress.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
raison de arizona

Gosar's sibling apologizes to Officer Fanone for his idiot brother.
First off I'd like to thank Officer Fanone for his and any other Capitol Hill police officers for their bravery and heroism on that day and on behalf of the actual sane members of our family, which is everyone but Paul, we apologize on behalf of our family to him for his despicable comments and disgraceful conduct through this whole incident.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

!! ALERT: A new type of charge just filed in a January 6th prosecution

Guy Reffitt is now charged w/ *TRANSPORTING FIREARM... IN FURTHERANCE OF CIVIL DISORDER"

This allegation is..... a tough break for "not an armed insurrection crowd
bob

Post by bob »

To paraphase Stringer Bell, "You recorded your own criminal acts?!"
Image ImageImage
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

A notable new superseding indictment in the J6 cases — Guy Reffitt is now charged with bringing a semi-automatic handgun to the Capitol: https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/ ... ctment.pdf

His charging docs (see: https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/ ... idavit.pdf) alluded to this, but he hadn't been charged with it until now
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Prosecutors have just dropped a scathing filing against Richard Barnett, the man accused of putting feet on Pelosi suite desk & leaving vulgar note

he wants permission to go to a car show 215 miles away this weekend.... US DOJ hits back hard

(thread)
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Former Trump Administration State Dept appointee Federico Klein wants court to block release of video in his Jan 6 case

"Mr. Klein has been the subject of
significant media scrutiny since his arrest ... and has routinely been
characterized in an unflattering manner,"
:violin:
raison de arizona

Kendra wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:04 pm https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/stat ... 6315593736
Prosecutors have just dropped a scathing filing against Richard Barnett, the man accused of putting feet on Pelosi suite desk & leaving vulgar note

he wants permission to go to a car show 215 miles away this weekend.... US DOJ hits back hard

(thread)
some more from the thread...
MacFarlane wrote: Feds say Barnett's release condition should be stiffened, not loosened

They allege cops have been called multiple times to Barnett property, he held a party there... and they note his legal defense fundraising website, where he offered signed photo of him at desk for $100

And he did an interview with Russian state TV
Dirtbag pootrait.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Pootrait. I like that.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

So many whiny snowflakes! Who knew?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Friday at 7pm, Officer Eugene Goodman will throw out the first pitch at the
@Nationals
game.

On January 6, he led a violent mob away from our elected leaders. Officer Goodman's act of valor was just one of many our officers displayed.

Good luck Eugene! We know you'll nail it!
tek

Post by tek »

characterized in an unflattering accurate manner,"
raison de arizona

tek wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:23 pm
characterized in an unflattering accurate manner,"
Why not both?
raison de arizona

Law. And. Order.

He seems delightful. I hope they lock him up for a long time.
But he was justified… yeah, right.
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

The more video I watch from 1/6, the more I'm astonished that more officers weren't killed.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

covfefe wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:18 am Law. And. Order.

But he was justified… yeah, right.
Come on, now. That's just tourism.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

You just have to understand that repeatedly slapping your face into someone fist is a traditional DC Police greeting, and happens all the time on tours.
Hic sunt dracones

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”