Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Kendra

Re: Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Post by Kendra »

Quite a statement from feds in court filing in Jan 6 case of Robert Bauer

"He started smoking marijuana when he was 11 years old and became “a distributor of marijuana to kids in his community” while in elementary school"

Justice Dept is asking for sentence of 30 days jail
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Ah, so years of prior public service in mitigation of the severity of the offense.

Change approved. :mrgreen:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

My kid got more than that for having paraphernalia (papers) and a mostly empty baggie of seeds and stems his car. Sure, he has his problems, but he never tried to overthrow a government.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Court has unsealed Jan 6 case of Michael Dickinson of Philadelphia. Dickinson is accused of throwing a coffee tumbler and a bucket with liquid at police at Capitol

Per feds, he suffered injury and went to Prince George's (Md) hospital
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Orlylicious' pretend boyfriend Brandon Straka pleads guilty to being somewhere he shouldn't have been.

Image Image Image Image
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Too bad he didn't "walk away" that day....

:rimshot:

I'll come in again....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

More on Brandon from WaPo in his topic https://thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 044#p52044
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/10/0 ... y-6-515531
On Dec. 24, a private intelligence company that works with law enforcement issued a grave warning: Users of a pro-Trump internet forum were talking about turning violent on Jan. 6. ... “[A] supposedly violent insurrection by [Trump’s] supporters has ‘always been the plan,’” read a briefing by that company, SITE Intelligence Group. SITE sent this bulletin and others to its numerous subscribers, including U.S. federal law enforcement.

That briefing is among a host of previously unreported documents that circulated among law enforcement officials in the weeks before Jan. 6 — laying out, some with jarring specificity, the threats that culminated in the attack on the Capitol. They showed just how much of a danger far-right extremists posed to federal buildings and lawmakers. And they bolster the argument that Jan. 6 was not an intelligence failure.

“A potpourri of communities overtly strategized to storm the Capitol building and arrest — if not outright kill — public officials and carry out a coup,” said Rita Katz, the founder and executive director of SITE, which supplied many of the most detailed and specific warnings ahead of Jan. 6. ... She said Jan. 6 represented the most “profound failure to act” she has ever seen in decades of sharing intelligence with the U.S. government. ... “Law enforcement officials were alerting their superiors and other agencies to the threats SITE had identified—many of which ended up manifesting that day, just as they were written,” she said. “These warnings were distributed by the FBI and other agencies well before January 6.”

The new documents come from a variety of sources in addition to SITE, including an industry group that tracks threats to rail transportation, the New York City Police Department, a state-government intelligence-sharing hub and the FBI itself. SITE shared its briefings with POLITICO. Property of the People, a transparency watchdog group focused on national security, obtained the other documents through open-records requests.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Here's Brandon Straka's plea agreement, Aug 31: https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 25.0_2.pdf

11. Restitution
Your client acknowledges that the riot that occurred on January 6, 2021, caused, as of May 17, 2021, approximately $1,495,326.55 damage to the United States Capitol. Your client agrees as part of the plea in this matter to pay restitution to the Department of Treasury in the amount of $500.
Plea.JPG
Plea.JPG (120.88 KiB) Viewed 931 times

BS.JPG
BS.JPG (125.12 KiB) Viewed 930 times
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Lonnie Coffman, the Trump fanatic who brought a truckload of weapons to the Capitol, indicates to a federal court in Alabama that he’ll plead guilty to possessing 11 Molotov cocktails in the state before he brought them to D.C.

Plea hearing in D.C. is set for Oct. 26.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

NEW: Florida man Moises Romero arrested in Jan. 6 attack. Feds say he was part of the mob that brawled with cops.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Yet another defendant accused of being on-site with gas mask/respirator
It's good to see that some of the Capitol tourists were taking Covid biosecurity measures seriously.
:sarcasm:
bob

Post by bob »

This was a couple of days ago:

The 45-day sentence was within the sentencing guidelines, so very doubtful the D.C. Cir. would entertain an argument the judge was too harsh.
Image ImageImage
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Seeing as how this crowd screams 'Treason" "Death Penalty" and "Hang them" every time someone votes to do the most benign thing they don't approve of, I'm disappointed at least some of them aren't being given "A short drop with a sudden stop", seeing as how this was as close to actual treason as I've seen in my lifetime.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

This is probably a stupid question, but I was wondering if it would be possible for the Jan 6 Commission to go straight to the Supreme Court to get what it needs from former government officials, given that this was a freaking coup attempt. I don't know if this would qualify for something they would be the first court on, but I don't see any way we can ever get the goods on Donald Trump unless his attempts to thwart justice can be prevented from dragging on for long enough for him to win the next election. All he really needs is for Republicans to take the House and the investigation is all over. We have very little time and Democrats are good at dragging their feet and then being surprised when they lose power and can't do a fucking thing. Sorry, I don't mean Democratic voters here, I mean the elected officials. Sadly.

Anyway, I probably know the answer to my question. We are fucked, right?
Off Topic
Don't laugh, have you see Biden's numbers? And you think Manchin or Sinema give one fucking shit about whether Democrats continue to hold the House or Senate? They will destroy every chance their own party has to prove to the public that Democrats can govern. Apparently, when Democrats are in charge, the public cares whether they can actually govern. Republicans get a free pass on everything, of course, aided by thousands of local and national rwnj media and especially thanks to Corporate media.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Lani

Post by Lani »

RVInit wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:28 am :snippity:

Anyway, I probably know the answer to my question. We are fucked, right?
Off Topic
Don't laugh, have you see Biden's numbers? And you think Manchin or Sinema give one fucking shit about whether Democrats continue to hold the House or Senate? They will destroy every chance their own party has to prove to the public that Democrats can govern. Apparently, when Democrats are in charge, the public cares whether they can actually govern. Republicans get a free pass on everything, of course, aided by thousands of local and national rwnj media and especially thanks to Corporate media.
Not really off topic. tfg & his minions have continued the drum beat for almost 12 months. They are very good with propaganda, don't underestimate them. It's far from over.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

RVInit wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:28 am Sorry, I don't mean Democratic voters here, I mean the elected officials. Sadly.
No, it is fair to blame democratic voters. The elected officials are reflections of the voters, and the democratic electorate is a big tent with not that great of a sense of party loyalty, so voters tend to put people into office who in fight and are unable to get coalitions together that can actually do things.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Always reminds me of Will Rogers, “I belong to no organized party; I am a Democrat,”
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

neeneko wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:30 am
RVInit wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:28 am Sorry, I don't mean Democratic voters here, I mean the elected officials. Sadly.
No, it is fair to blame democratic voters. The elected officials are reflections of the voters, and the democratic electorate is a big tent with not that great of a sense of party loyalty, so voters tend to put people into office who in fight and are unable to get coalitions together that can actually do things.
I'm not exactly sure I'd disagree with your points about the Democrats, but I wouldn't say that elected officials are reflections of the voters these days. Republicon gerrymandering takes care of that.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

AndyinPA wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:32 am I'm not exactly sure I'd disagree with your points about the Democrats, but I wouldn't say that elected officials are reflections of the voters these days. Republicon gerrymandering takes care of that.
Yeah, I constructed that sentence poorly. I tend to frame the two parties (at work) as two separate entities with their own elected officials and voters. There really are no 'voters' as an aggregate group, but instead two (fluid) blocks of voters each influencing their own elected officials but having little impact of elected officials of the other block. Though I admit the model we use does not have an explicit mechanism for gerrymandering.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Sentencing day. Love how the prosecutors are latching onto the *just a tourist* comment.

Here's a link to the exhibit prosecutors will use in the Robert Reeder sentencing, which starts on the hour.

https://documentcloud.org/documents/210 ... ng-exhibit
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:32 am Always reminds me of Will Rogers, “I belong to no organized party; I am a Democrat,”
Or the old joke that, when Democrats form a firing squad, they stand in a circle.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Robert Reeder now addresses the judge: "It's been a really rough ride for me. And I'd like to first sincerely apologize to the court and to everyone for my shameful and inexcusable actions that day. ... I'm embarassed, I'm ashamed."
Fox interview coming up in 5...4...3...2...1...

Also on same thread:
Reeder insists he did go downtown intending to visit museums/memorials on Jan. 6, but they were closed, so he went over to the Capitol. He says he understands how hard a day it was for the police, and has always supported police, he disputes that he ever bragged about being there
:roll: :roll: :roll:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”