Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Kendra

Re: Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Post by Kendra »

Micki Larson-Olson just received 180 days behind bars.
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

IANAL, although I just finished binge watching all 100 Boston Legal episodes, but I don’t think this is a winning defense.

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:confuzzled: the Nüremberg trials set a rule: you must engage your own brain cells and not just follow the words spoken by your demi-doG. Apart, you were not a member of any organization that Big Leader commanded directly!

:think: or is that the new declassification defense? Impotus did away with declassification by strenuously making some brain cells work. In the same way he telepathetically transmitted some message to you to follow?
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

RTH10260 wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:50 am :confuzzled: the Nüremberg trials set a rule: you must engage your own brain cells and not just follow the words spoken by your demi-doG. Apart, you were not a member of any organization that Big Leader commanded directly!
:o but but but fzzst! shlooop! engages Trumpista mode by sticking skewer into brain and wiggling it vigorously Trump was Teh Prezident, so every loyal American, every member of We Teh People (excludes blacks, browns, yellows, greens, blues and rainbows, native Americans, pregnant women, city folk, college graduates, anybody who doesn't watch Fox News), was duty-bound to obey all his orders, both explicitly stated and implicitly understood!!
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Greatgrey wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:48 pm IANAL, although I just finished binge watching all 100 Boston Legal episodes, but I don’t think this is a winning defense.

:snippity:
That makes you infinitely more qualified than any of Zee Furher's election lawyers....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Frater I*I wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:09 pm
Greatgrey wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:48 pm IANAL, although I just finished binge watching all 100 Boston Legal episodes, but I don’t think this is a winning defense.

That makes you infinitely more qualified than any of Zee Furher's election lawyers....
We could probably tell him Denny Crane is available to take his case. Though I'm afraid that even Shatner playing a cognitively impaired lawyer would do better work than the current team.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Kendra wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:55 pm https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/stat ... 9526225921
At 1pm:

Sentencing in Jan 6 case of Cara Hentschel of Missouri. Feds argue she has history of felony convictions & "lack of remorse" after riot

They also argue Hentschel claimed police "murdered" Ashli Babbitt

(Her CO-DEFENDANT is sentenced at 2pm)
‘Extremely embarrassing.’ Missouri women with prior felonies sentenced in Capitol riot

Judy L. Thomas
Fri, September 30, 2022 at 11:16 PM·8 min read

Two Springfield women accused of breaching the Capitol on Jan. 6 — both while on probation or bond for prior felony convictions — were sentenced Friday, one to a halfway house and the other to jail.

Cara Hentschel, 35, was sentenced to 45 days in a “residential re-entry center,” 36 months’ probation, 60 hours of community service and a $500 fine.
Mahailya Pryer, 35, who invaded the Capitol with Hentschel, was ordered to serve 45 days of incarceration, 36 months’ probation and 60 hours of community service.
U.S. District Judge Florence Y. Pan also ordered Pryer to participate in an inpatient substance abuse program and undergo drug testing.

In addition, the two also are required to pay $500 restitution for damage to the Capitol building on Jan. 6, which prosecutors say totaled about $2.7 million.

The women, both of whom have served prison time for previous offenses, pleaded guilty in May to parading, demonstrating or picketing in a Capitol building.

The two appeared by video conference in back-to-back hearings in U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia. Hentschel told the judge she was “100 percent very remorseful” for her actions on Jan. 6.

“I’m not only embarrassed, but, like, I have been affected by this in so many different ways,” she said.

And Pryer said: “I am very, very apologetic for what happened on January 6. I do think that it’s a horrible thing. ... I’m very remorseful for what I’ve done, the harm that I caused.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/extremely-em ... 17230.html
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I know it's long, but do read. F-bomb warning (lots of them) so don't let the kiddos read.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Capitol attack officer Fanone hits out at ‘weasel’ McCarthy in startling interview
Michael Fanone makes candid and profane remarks about Republicans in Rolling Stone interview as he promotes memoir

Martin Pengelly in New York
Sun 2 Oct 2022 21.14 BST

In an extraordinarily candid and profane interview with Rolling Stone, Michael Fanone – the former Washington police officer who was seriously hurt at the US Capitol during the January 6 attack – called the Republican House leader, potentially the next speaker, a “fucking weasel bitch”.

Fanone said past Republican giants would be unimpressed with Kevin McCarthy.

“I think at night, when the lights are turned off, Abe Lincoln and Ronald Reagan have some pretty choice words to say about the fact that they have to hang on Kevin McCarthy’s wall,” Fanone said.

“They did some fucking above-average things. And they’ve got to adorn the wall of this fucking weasel bitch named Kevin McCarthy, with his fake fucking spray-on tan, whose fucking claim to fame, at least in my eyes, is the fact that he amassed a collection of Donald Trump’s favorite-flavored Starburst, put them in a Mason jar, and presented them to fucking Donald Trump.

“What the fuck, dude?”

Fanone’s remarks came as he promoted his memoir, Hold the Line, which will be published next week.

The title refers to Fanone’s actions on 6 January 2021, when he, a DC Metropolitan officer, answered calls from Capitol police and rushed to confront Trump supporters storming Congress in an attempt to stop certification of the outgoing president’s defeat to Joe Biden in the 2020 election.

Fanone suffered a heart attack and a traumatic brain injury. He has since left the police and emerged, with other officers, as a key witness in hearings held by the House January 6 committee. The riot has been linked to nine deaths, including suicides among law enforcement officers. More than 900 rioters have been charged, some with seditious conspiracy.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2022/ ... cans-trump
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

RTH10260 wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:50 am :confuzzled: the Nüremberg trials set a rule: you must engage your own brain cells and not just follow the words spoken by your demi-doG. Apart, you were not a member of any organization that Big Leader commanded directly!

:think: or is that the new declassification defense? Impotus did away with declassification by strenuously making some brain cells work. In the same way he telepathetically transmitted some message to you to follow?
Imperio!!!

101010 :towel:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Frater I*I wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:09 pm

So does eating paste... your point?
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Justice Dept wins yet another Jan 6 conviction at trial. After just hours of deliberation, jury convicts Russell Alford of Alabama.

Alford testified yesterday about a theory that some of Jam 6 appeared “staged”
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Damned tourist with no respect...

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Mike Fanone had previously called D.J. Rodriguez — the MAGA fanatic who drove a stun gun into his neck on Jan. 6 — a moron.

He doubles down in his new book, saying he “can’t believe I almost died at the hands of one of the dumbest fucking people on the planet.”
I can't wait for the book tour. Will Fox have him on air? :sarcasm:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

My favorite Jan. 6 arrests are the “I wore an incredibly specific jacket that gives away my place of employment” arrests.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Judge orders Capitol riot defendant Brian Jackson to remain in pretrial detention, detailing "serious reservations" about Jackson's criminal history

Detailed on page 9-10 here: https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 6.33.0.pdf

Court has set preliminary hearing for October 26 in Capitol breach case of pastor of New Beginnings Ministries of Warsaw, Ohio

Prosecutors say William Dunfee entered Capitol grounds w/ bullhorn saying "We are taking our house.”
Seems touristy. :whistle:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

ARRAIGNMENT this week in Jan 6 case of Antonio Lamotta

Justice Dept says a DC police body cam reveals a recognizable image of Lamotta's face amid the Jan 6 mob

Lamotta had been arrested in Philadelphia two days after 2020 election for carrying firearm, per investigators
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Kendra wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:33 am Seems touristy. :whistle:
Very pastory too. Nuthin but the best for Jesus.

Onward Christian soldiers, marching as to war, with the cross of Jesus going on before.

bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Compare and contrast the differences between that song and this one.

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

bill_g wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:36 am
Kendra wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:33 am Seems touristy. :whistle:
Very pastory too. Nuthin but the best for Jesus.

Onward Christian soldiers, marching as to war, with the cross of Jesus going on before.

Wow! That's a serious organ! If I have identified it correctly is the Conference Center in Salt Lake City, which is about ⅔ the size (only 7708 pipes) of the Tabernacle organ. I appreciate that the organ is intended primarily for accompaniment rather than raw solo power but it must rumble the intestines when the big pipes blow their stuff.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

CBS News obtained first access to audio secretly recorded in June 2021 by former D.C. officer Michael Fanone, who was injured in the Jan. 6 Capitol assault.

In it, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy urges against politicizing the attack — and says he wanted it “ended.”
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Ahhh I got ninjaed. Mccarthy is a pos
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

NEW: Justice Dept announces two more Jan 6 arrests (both from Washington state)

Including Richard Slaughter, who's accused of grabbing a police shield and using "long pole to attack officers"

Feds say Slaughter told police "You guys need to stand down. Just walk away.."
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Is an appearance on Fox coming next?

After their sentencing hearing, the Munn family of Texas joined the nightly protest outside the Washington DC jail, where they were greeted with cheers and chants of "Munn, Munn, Munn!"

One family member talked of the pride they have in "being part of this movement"
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Seems touristy.

Warning, lots of F bombs.

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”