Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Kendra

Re: Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Post by Kendra »

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justic ... -rcna39301
WASHINGTON — A Tennessee man and self-described "loudmouth," who filmed himself screaming "WE IN THIS B----" as he stormed the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, had a difficult time explaining his actions to a jury this week.

Matthew Bledsoe, of Memphis, is facing a felony count of obstruction of an official proceeding as well as multiple misdemeanors, including entering or remaining in a restricted building and disorderly and disruptive conduct. Bledsoe, the seventh Jan. 6 defendant to face a jury trial, took the stand as a witness on Wednesday.

In closing statements Thursday, his lawyer, Jerry Ray Smith, argued that jurors should find him guilty of one misdemeanor offense, parading or picketing inside the Capitol, but not guilty on the other counts. Jurors in Bledsoe’s case are expected to begin deliberations later Thursday.

The trial unfolded as media attention at the federal courthouse in D.C. zeroed in on the contempt of Congress trial of Steve Bannon, a Trump ally and former White House strategist who refused to comply with a subpoena for documents and testimony from the House select committee investigating Jan. 6.

Bledsoe argued that he was unaware that Congress was certifying Joe Biden's 2020 election win when he stormed the Capitol. Despite having received updates from his wife and brother about congressional proceedings inside the Capitol on the day of the riot, he told jurors that he had no idea what lawmakers were doing. Former President Donald Trump’s speech at the Ellipse, which preceded the riot, also mentioned the electoral college certification process.
Sounds like his testimony didn't go well...
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

After nearly 24 hour delay, we are finally underway in sentencing of Jan 6 defendant Dawn Bancroft, who's accused of recording selfie video after leaving Capitol saying: "We were looking for Nancy to shoot her in the frickin’ brain. But we didn’t find her"

Feds to seek 2 months
Moar at the link. :popcorn:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Boy, Scott has been busy today.

Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Kendra wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:39 pm Boy, Scott has been busy today.

Such a shame, GUILTY ON ALL COUNTS.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Kendra wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:32 pm
After nearly 24 hour delay, we are finally underway in sentencing of Jan 6 defendant Dawn Bancroft, who's accused of recording selfie video after leaving Capitol saying: "We were looking for Nancy to shoot her in the frickin’ brain. But we didn’t find her"

Feds to seek 2 months
Moar at the link. :popcorn:
Bancroft gets 2 months jail, 3 years probation.. can remain free til after Labor Day
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Awesome.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Former MPD Officer Mike Fanone just delivered his first victim impact statement at a Jan. 6 sentencing hearing. It was emotional.

Here’s his prepared remarks, including some hand-written additions he made in court before he spoke.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Bledsoe is hugging tearful supporters in courtroom. And he’s already skating on this ice with court. Per judge - Pretrial service officer reports Bledsoe was “disrespectful and argumentative” to officer. Risks jailing ahead of Oct sentencing if there are future incidents
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Azastan wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:41 pm

It says tweet unavailable. Could someone please sum up?
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:49 pm

I think that's the one he was clearing up later in the thread.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Of course I would pick that one. He's been covering Bannon, the Bledsoe conviction and sentencing for some cry-me-a-river after her guilty plea. I'm guessing it's this one (or similar) since that's the only guilty guilty guilty verdict I heard about today.
To avoid confusion on prior post. Matthew Bledsoe is convicted on all counts in Jan 6 case. Sentencing Oct 21. Pretrial release til then
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:49 pm

"To avoid confusion on prior post. Matthew Bledsoe is convicted on all counts in Jan 6 case. Sentencing Oct 21. Pretrial release til then".
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

A brief break for a funny. Mary Ann! :lol:

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Excellent!!!!

(and thanks to those explaining the deleted tweet.)
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Kendra wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:57 pm sentencing for some cry-me-a-river after her guilty plea.
Dawn Bancroft got 2 months in jail and 3 years probation as well today.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Azastan wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:55 pm
Kendra wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:57 pm sentencing for some cry-me-a-river after her guilty plea.
I got the impression that she was not happy at how things turned out. Poor thing, her business is suffering, her kids are getting picked on and all other kinds of mean things people do. If she'd just stayed home...

Appearing on Fox in 5...4...3...2...1...
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Judge Randolph Moss assured Mike Fanone and another officer who testified that he would remember their words not only at sentencing, but for his “remaining days on this earth.” He praised both men as heroes.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Kendra wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:59 pm
Azastan wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:55 pm
I got the impression that she was not happy at how things turned out. Poor thing, her business is suffering, her kids are getting picked on and all other kinds of mean things people do. If she'd just stayed home...

Appearing on Fox in 5...4...3...2...1...
I am assuming normal probation terms. So she a) cannot own weapons right now but b) can go on right-wing news media. Great for the former, alas for the latter.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

MEANWHILE: There's a status conference on the books for "Baked Alaska" at 12:30.
Moises Romero is also supposed to be sentenced at noon. DOJ seeking 11 months. https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 29.0_1.pdf
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

!! Judge: "There's every chance this could happen again. There has NOT been a nationwide realization of the gravity of what happened. If you don't think there are people out there who would do it again. You have not listened to the phone calls I and my colleagues have gotten"

Judge Tanya Chutkan is talking about the vulgar, violent threats (filled with "invective") that DC federal judges are receiving as they handle US Capitol riot cases

This is quite something
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Hoisted with his comrades' petard?
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Kendra wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:46 pm
!! Judge: "There's every chance this could happen again. There has NOT been a nationwide realization of the gravity of what happened. If you don't think there are people out there who would do it again. You have not listened to the phone calls I and my colleagues have gotten"

Judge Tanya Chutkan is talking about the vulgar, violent threats (filled with "invective") that DC federal judges are receiving as they handle US Capitol riot cases

This is quite something
He got 1 year and 1 day...no more substitute penis for him anymore :thumbsup:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
bob

Post by bob »

Frater I*I wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:32 pmHe got 1 year and 1 day...no more substitute penis for him anymore.
Cf.: Due to how good-behavior credits are calculated, a "year and a day" sentence often is less time than a year sentence.
Image ImageImage
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

bob wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:55 pm
Frater I*I wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:32 pmHe got 1 year and 1 day...no more substitute penis for him anymore.
Cf.: Due to how good-behavior credits are calculated, a "year and a day" sentence often is less time than a year sentence.
But doesn't the entire sentence count towards not owning a weapon, even if they don't do day for day?
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

sugar magnolia wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:03 pm
bob wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:55 pm
But doesn't the entire sentence count towards not owning a weapon, even if they don't do day for day?
Under the federal felon-in-possession law, it’s not the actual sentence received, but the maximum sentence they could have received.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”