Assault on the Capitol (DC)

bob

Post by bob »

‘QAnon Shaman,’ horned and face-painted ‘very image’ of Jan. 6 riot, released from federal prison to halfway house
The right-wing bubble is crediting Carlson for this, but:
Law & Crime wrote:“Mr. Chansley’s projected release date from custody is May 25, 2023, via First Step Act release,” [a BOP spox] also said, referring to the Trump-era criminal justice reform legislation. Under the law, certain offenders have the opportunity to earn a potential early release for not only good behavior but for participating in classes and programs that prepare them for post-prison life.
So Chansely is out of prison (but still in BOP custody) due to ... bipartisan prison reform. :yawn:
Image ImageImage
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

NEW: Former Boston police officer Joseph R. Fisher has been arrested and charged with assaulting a USCP officer on Jan. 6.

Don't confuse him with former Pennsylvania police officer Joseph W. Fischer — also charged w/ assaulting police on Jan. 6.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Can Chansley mess up and end up back in custody? He's itching to mess up.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

“After serving eleven months in solitary prior to his sentence being imposed, and only 16 months of his sentence thereafter, it is appropriate this gentle and intelligent young man be permitted to move forward with the next stage of what undoubtedly will be a law abiding and enriching life,” attorney Albert Watkins said in a statement.
This "gentle" man used to stand in parking lots yelling at and trying to intimidate people.

This "intelligent" man has shown no signs of intelligence.

"Enriching" life? He's been a wannabe actor for years with few if any takers.

I didn't know 35 is "young." It's not old but it's not what I would call young. He's not young but he is immature, which is pathetic at 35.

I have words for his attorney but I won't use them.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:18 pm I didn't know 35 is "young." It's not old but it's not what I would call young. He's not young but he is immature, which is pathetic at 35.
It is a matter of perspective. In the greying of America where the kids of Thirthsomething boomers are now, thirtysomething, and the cast is, uh, older.. we find 35 to be lower than the US median age (38.10ish).

Remember Jonathan Taylor Thomas, MacCauley Caulkin, and Melissa Joan Hart are all in their... wait for it... 40s.
Screenshot 2023-03-31 082647.png
Screenshot 2023-03-31 082647.png (172.96 KiB) Viewed 998 times
101010 :towel:
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

northland10 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:34 am
pipistrelle wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:18 pm I didn't know 35 is "young." It's not old but it's not what I would call young. He's not young but he is immature, which is pathetic at 35.
It is a matter of perspective. In the greying of America where the kids of Thirthsomething boomers are now, thirtysomething, and the cast is, uh, older.. we find 35 to be lower than the US median age (38.10ish).

Remember Jonathan Taylor Thomas, MacCauley Caulkin, and Melissa Joan Hart are all in their... wait for it... 40s.

Screenshot 2023-03-31 082647.png
To put it another way, Lindsay Lohan is a year older than Shaman-dude.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

What all the well-bred tourists do :sarcasm:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Feds have arrested David Elizalde in another of the newest wave of Jan 6 cases. Per charging documents, Elizalde was stationed at USS Harry Truman on Jan 5, 2021 when he departed for DC-area

Naval Criminal Investigative Service was part of the investigation, per court filings
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Post by Mr brolin »

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:18 pm
“After serving eleven months in solitary prior to his sentence being imposed, and only 16 months of his sentence thereafter, it is appropriate this gentle and intelligent young man be permitted to move forward with the next stage of what undoubtedly will be a law abiding and enriching life,” attorney Albert Watkins said in a statement.
This "gentle" man used to stand in parking lots yelling at and trying to intimidate people.

This "intelligent" man has shown no signs of intelligence.

"Enriching" life? He's been a wannabe actor for years with few if any takers.
Reminds me of the old joke.....

What DO you say to the potential Academy Awards nominee ....... " Could I have fries with that?"
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Jan 6 defendant Richard Bigo Barnett's motion to extend a sentencing deadline...... is *denied* by Judge Christopher Cooper
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Feds to seek 88-months prison in Jan 6 case of Josiah Kenyon, 35, of Nevada.... arguing "Kenyon used a table leg with a protruding nail to strike an officer in the leg & then to strike a 2nd officer on the head such that Kenyon’s weapon became lodged in the officer’s face shield"
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Table legs with embedded nails are all the rage with tourists these days.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Kendra wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:34 pm
Feds have arrested David Elizalde in another of the newest wave of Jan 6 cases. Per charging documents, Elizalde was stationed at USS Harry Truman on Jan 5, 2021 when he departed for DC-area

Naval Criminal Investigative Service was part of the investigation, per court filings
Just catching up on this thread…

I read in a Military Times article that Elizalde is an E-6 with 5 Navy Good Conduct Medals. The Navy awards those every three years, so he has at least 15 years in, but probably not 20.

My prediction - (if it hasn’t already) the Navy will take the path of least resistance and boot him with a General Discharge. If they do that, he’s not entitled to a Board, and he’s not retirement eligible. I hope it was worth it.

On the other hand, he’s an Aviation Structural Mechanic. The Navy spent a lot of money training this guy, and he could probably get a job with Boeing or some other airplane manufacturer, even with these misdemeanor convictions on his record.

So he’ll probably land on his feet no matter what happens.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

bill_g wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:50 am Table legs with embedded nails are all the rage with tourists these days.
Amateurs!

The real Dark Age professionals used this
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Initial appearance at 1pm in Capitol riot case of Thomas Casselman of South Carolina. Feds allege he googled "statute of limitations for assault on a federal officer" after Jan 6

And they allege he deleted social media & cut his hair to avoid identification (they include photos)
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

bill_g wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:50 am Table legs with embedded nails are all the rage with tourists these days.
The ones in the gift shop are junk though, you have to bring your own to really experience it.

On the other hand, he’s an Aviation Structural Mechanic. The Navy spent a lot of money training this guy, and he could probably get a job with Boeing or some other airplane manufacturer, even with these misdemeanor convictions on his record.
I dunno. I'm pretty sure than aviation A&P jobs usually require a security clearance if you have anything to do with military aircraft or if your work involves being on a flight line at an airport. Even if they have some work at say, Boeing, that would let him not do work that requires it, why take the one applicant out of 5 for the job that won't be able to get a clearance?
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

At sentencing scheduled for tomorrow, prosecutors recommend 71 months prison for Jan 6 defendant Shane Woods

In sentencing memo, feds allege Woods sent message forecasting Jan 6 would be "biblical".. and telling friend "I know DC is gun free. I'm bringing blade"
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Maybenaut wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:29 am :snippity:

So he’ll probably land on his feet no matter what happens.
That's where I started at in the business.....

Manufacturing [Production as we call it in the biz] is feast or famine...a lot of layoff and rehire cycles....

Airlines aren't going to take him without an A&P certificate, and he'll have to either get around 30 months OJT or go to a 14CFR 147 FAA approved program [my route]...

MROs [Maintenance, Repair & Overhaul facilities my first aviation job] are an option, however they come with low pay, that's the benefit of airlines parking their aircraft there, low labor overhead, as the other costs will still remain the same...

So landing on his feet will be a maybe....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Frater I*I

Post by Frater I*I »

Gregg wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:03 pm :snippity:

I dunno. I'm pretty sure than aviation A&P jobs usually require a security clearance if you have anything to do with military aircraft or if your work involves being on a flight line at an airport. Even if they have some work at say, Boeing, that would let him not do work that requires it, why take the one applicant out of 5 for the job that won't be able to get a clearance?
For military aircraft, yes sec clearance, civil, no, flight line jobs just has to pass the necessary background check to qualify for a SIDA badge. However I should note, that as a 15 year sheet metal man doesn't give him enough qualifications need to take the FAA A&P exams...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

I wondered if "structural" meant "body shop guy". I'm positive it is more important than the paint and ding guy. Probably more along the lines of inspecting and servicing all the flight surfaces and joints.
Frater I*I

Post by Frater I*I »

bill_g wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:56 pm I wondered if "structural" meant "body shop guy". I'm positive it is more important than the paint and ding guy. Probably more along the lines of inspecting and servicing all the flight surfaces and joints.
You inspect and overhaul the entirety of the aircraft's metal structures, skins, frames, and such...if it's made of metal and on the aircraft, it's your wheelhouse...

Trent Reznor
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Gregg wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:03 pm
bill_g wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:50 am On the other hand, he’s an Aviation Structural Mechanic. The Navy spent a lot of money training this guy, and he could probably get a job with Boeing or some other airplane manufacturer, even with these misdemeanor convictions on his record.
I was going to ask about that, because I thought "If I were one of the world's foremost names in military aviation contracts, would I really want to hire this guy?"

But I'm currently on a temporary duty assignment away from London, with only a small laptop, and so I've been mostly skimming TFB on my off-hours. Today being a local holiday, I have more time to get in the weeds.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
bob

Post by bob »

"For completeness," U.S. v. Fischer:
D.C. Cir. wrote:The question raised in this case is whether individuals who allegedly assaulted law enforcement officers while participating in the Capitol riot can be charged with corruptly obstructing, influencing, or impeding an official proceeding, in violation of 18 U.S.C. § 1512(c)(2). The district court held that the statute does not apply to assaultive conduct, committed in furtherance of an attempt to stop Congress from performing a constitutionally required duty. We disagree and reverse.
It is a 1 - 1- 1 ruling: Pan (a Biden nominee) writing; Walker (TFG nominee) concurring in part; and Katsas (TFG nominee) dissenting.

It could go en banc, but I assume it'll just go to SCOTUS.

The crux is in the concurring opinion. Walker argues the statue's use of “corruptly” means “an intent to procure an unlawful benefit either for himself or for some other person.” The district court's dismissal at the pleading stage was error, Walker reasons, because the evidence at trial could show the defendants did assault with the intent procure a benefit for someone else, i.e., the 2020 loser.
Image ImageImage
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

In his sentencing memo, Patrick MCCAUGHEY (who helped pin
@SemperWry
in a Capitol doorway) reveals that probation has recommended a sentence between 108 and 135 months, a range that puts him in contention for the longest Jan. 6 sentence to date. https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... .608.0.pdf
:oldlady: But if I'm following this correctly, that Office Hodges who was pinned in the door. Good.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Kendra wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:22 pm
In his sentencing memo, Patrick MCCAUGHEY (who helped pin
@SemperWry
in a Capitol doorway) reveals that probation has recommended a sentence between 108 and 135 months, a range that puts him in contention for the longest Jan. 6 sentence to date. https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... .608.0.pdf
:oldlady: But if I'm following this correctly, that Office Hodges who was pinned in the door. Good.
We will see how much time McFadden will give these people. He's a Trump appointed judge who likes to equate protesting against police brutality with the Capitol insurrection and has been quite lenient with sentences. I don't expect this guy to get much, McFadden will opine that he just held the cop down while others beat on him.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”