Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Assault on the Capitol (DC)

jcolvin2
Verified:

Re: Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Post by jcolvin2 »

A good summary on where we are so far:
EmptyWheel - January 13, 2022 on J6
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Kendra wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:43 am
A woman was arrested Wednesday outside the headquarters for the U.S. Capitol Police after police saw a gun case and the butt of a long gun in her vehicle, the police said. The woman, identified as Kery Lynn McAttee, is facing multiple weapons charges, the police said in a statement to CBS News.

McAttee parked in front of the building and told police she drove to Washington, D.C., from Michigan wanting to talk about "information she had about January 6, 2021," the police said. The arrest came less than a week after officials marked the first anniversary of the insurrection.
She drove from Michigan to D.C. to "talk" -- does she not have a phone?
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

bob wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:03 pm Somebody attended the Law School of Law & Order.

(There are different spousal privileges. Spouses can't be compelled to testify against each other, but spouses may voluntarily testify against each other (about some things.))
Well, if her testimony would be to things he told her, and what he told her wasn’t in front of a third party and didn’t involve things to which the privilege would not apply (spousal or child abuse, for example), then he may well be able to assert spousal communication privilege.

Of course, she can always testify to what she observed.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

neonzx wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:34 pm She drove from Michigan to D.C. to "talk" -- does she not have a phone?
She called many times, but they wouldn't listen to her important findings!

So she had to go in person, so they would see how serious and correct she is. :loser:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Foggy wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:05 pm
neonzx wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:34 pm She drove from Michigan to D.C. to "talk" -- does she not have a phone?
She called many times, but they wouldn't listen to her important findings!

So she had to go in person, so they would see how serious and correct she is. :loser:
Well I suppose that explains the gunz as well, SERIOUS TALKING always take gunz.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Jim

Post by Jim »

Shit's getting serious now...

DOJ charges 11 Oath Keepers, including leader, with seditious conspiracy in Jan. 6 Capitol attack
Eleven members of the Oath Keepers, including its leader Stewart Rhodes, were indicted Thursday on charges of seditious conspiracy in the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol for allegedly trying to overthrow the government, the harshest charges yet filed in cases against more than 700 people.

The charges are the first against Rhodes, 56, of Granbury, Texas, who founded the Oath Keepers; and Edward Vallejo, 63, of Phoenix. Rhodes was arrested in Little Elm, Texas and Vallejo in Phoenix, the Justice Department announced.

The federal seditious conspiracy statute can be used to charge two or more people who conspire to "overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States” or “by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States.”

The seditious conspiracy charge is one of the 57 federal crimes under the terrorism enhancement statute. A conviction can carry a 20-year prison sentence.

The last time the federal government won convictions alleging seditious conspiracy was in a 1995 case involving Egyptian cleric Omar Abdel-Rahman. Abdel-Rahman and other associates were implicated in the first World Trade Center bombing and plots against other prominent U.S. landmarks.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Ah yes, the risks of doing your own research.

She has critically important scientific conclusions to share that are so much more correct than anything the real scientists and doctors have done, but she didn't know you can't bring guns into our nation's capital. :doh:

Which was an obvious failing on the part of former president Trump, if'n you ask me. :blackeye:

Why, if he'd had the foresight to make guns legal in Washington, D.C., he'd still be president today!

:eek:

And why didn't he change that law? Because he was lazy, that's why. Fox News didn't tell him to change it. He clearly foresaw that it was possible he could lose, and he knew he'd do any dirty trick in the book to overturn a fair election, but he was too damned lazy to breathe, much less legalize guns in the capital so his supporters could have their evil way.

Tsk, tsk. Shameful. :nope:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

If they're found guilty on most of those charges that's some pretty hefty prison time. I know Seditious conspiracy has a max of 20 years but I didn't know the document tampering has a max of 20 as well
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Maybenaut wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:38 pm
bob wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:03 pm Somebody attended the Law School of Law & Order.

(There are different spousal privileges. Spouses can't be compelled to testify against each other, but spouses may voluntarily testify against each other (about some things.))
Well, if her testimony would be to things he told her, and what he told her wasn’t in front of a third party and didn’t involve things to which the privilege would not apply (spousal or child abuse, for example), then he may well be able to assert spousal communication privilege.

In any case, I have a hunch his idea of "spousal privilege" is that his position as the man means he has special privileges like telling her what she can or cannot say to others.
101010 :towel:
bob

Post by bob »

Yeah yeah, which is what "about some things" was intended to cover.

neonzx wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:34 pmShe drove from Michigan to D.C. to "talk" -- does she not have a phone?
The one that Obama tapped? :nope:
Image ImageImage
Notaperson

Post by Notaperson »

Reading the indictment of Rhodes et al. I found this bit somewhat amusing....

golf carts.JPG
golf carts.JPG (67.51 KiB) Viewed 889 times

I hadn't heard that some poots had commandeered golf carts when storming the Capitol.
raison de arizona

:rotflmao: :popcorn:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Jeezus phucknutz, its Picket's Charge as re enacted by Benny Hill.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
dan1100

Post by dan1100 »

At least in state court here, the spousal communication privilege just excludes the communication from evidence. There isn't any fruit of the poisonous tree problem for information it leads to.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Notaperson wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:01 pm Reading the indictment of Rhodes et al. I found this bit somewhat amusing....

golf carts.JPG

I hadn't heard that some poots had commandeered golf carts when storming the Capitol.
You missed it. There were photos and videos at the time and many jokes about people too lazy to walk to the revolution.
raison de arizona

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:45 pm
Notaperson wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:01 pm Reading the indictment of Rhodes et al. I found this bit somewhat amusing....

golf carts.JPG

You missed it. There were photos and videos at the time and many jokes about people too lazy to walk to the revolution.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Scott MacFarlane
@MacFarlaneNews
·
Apr 9, 2021
Replying to
@MacFarlaneNews
Ironically..... this image captures the golf carts near the DC federal court. (That's where these guys are being charged and prosecuted)
bob

Post by bob »

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:45 pmThere were photos and videos at the time and many jokes about people too lazy to walk to the revolution.
Jordan Klepper of "The Daily Show" hilariously interviewed a seditionist operating an electric, motorized board the way to storming the Capitol (at 5 minutes in):
Image ImageImage
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Gregg wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:14 pm Jeezus phucknutz, its Picket's Charge as re enacted by Benny Hill.
Aaannnd now Yakkity Sax is stuck in my head.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
much ado

Post by much ado »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:40 pm
Gregg wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:14 pm Jeezus phucknutz, its Picket's Charge as re enacted by Benny Hill.
Me, too, also.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

You're welcome!
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

There's a lot worse that could be stuck in your head.

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

noblepa wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:52 pm
There's a lot worse that could be stuck in your head.
:snippity:
Yes, like the "Kindertotenlieder". :crying:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

golf carts.JPG

Golf carts - the poor mans armoured personnel carrier to be used on the greens of the National Mall

as opposed to the rich mans personal carrier used on location of a real golf course
bob

Post by bob »

I get that most of them weren't planning on criming that day, and some thought they would be lauded as glorious heroes of the revolution. But, my dudes, when you know people are looking for you, pull that internet presence, even if it is just a mostly ineffectual action.

In the words of noted lawyer Aaron Burr, "Geniuses, lower your voices. You keep out of trouble and you double your choices."
Image ImageImage

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”