Assault on the Capitol (DC)

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Capitol rioter asks court to delay jail sentence so he can spend the holidays with family

Matthew Chapman
October 31, 2022

On Monday, CBS News' Scott MacFarlane, a key journalist covering the Capitol riot cases, reported that one of the convicted rioters is asking the court to push back the start of his jail sentence — in large part because he wants to spend that time celebrating the holidays with his family instead.

The rioter, Anthony Mazzio, is also complaining that the facility where he is scheduled to be incarcerated is too far a drive from his family in Alabama.

"Forrest City, Arkansas is at least 478 miles from Dothan, Alabama, and requires a car ride of seven hours and twenty-five minutes, or a bus ride of sixteen hours and fifteen minutes," wrote his counsel in a statement to the court. "In addition, while all incarceration requires separation from family and poses a hardship, such distant incarceration will require Mr. Mazzio to be separated from his family on both Thanksgiving and Christmas of this year."

"Mr. Mazzio therefore requests the Court to delay his surrender date until after January 1, 2023 and to instruct the Bureau of Prisons to designate a facility close to Dothan, Alabama for his incarceration," the filing added.

https://www.rawstory.com/capitol-rioter-anthony-mazzio/

the MacFarlane tweet
► Show Spoiler
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Tough shit.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Hic sunt dracones
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

sugar magnolia wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:17 pm Tough shit.
:thumbsup:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Brian Sicknick is going to miss the holidays.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

RTH10260 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:12 pm :snippity:
"Forrest City, Arkansas is at least 478 miles from Dothan, Alabama, and requires a car ride of seven hours and twenty-five minutes, or a bus ride of sixteen hours and fifteen minutes," wrote his counsel in a statement to the court. "In addition, while all incarceration requires separation from family and poses a hardship, such distant incarceration will require Mr. Mazzio to be separated from his family on both Thanksgiving and Christmas of this year."

:snippity:
Well shit stain, I spent Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years locked up in the jailhouse....

So: :fuckyou:

Go directly to jail, do not pass GO, do not collect $200.....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

RTH10260 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:12 pm
Capitol rioter asks court to delay jail sentence so he can spend the holidays with family

Matthew Chapman
October 31, 2022

"Forrest City, Arkansas is at least 478 miles from Dothan, Alabama, and requires a car ride of seven hours and twenty-five minutes, or a bus ride of sixteen hours and fifteen minutes," wrote his counsel in a statement to the court. "

https://www.rawstory.com/capitol-rioter-anthony-mazzio/

How far did he drive to DC? :whistle:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

:shrug: Snowflake.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Oath Keeper who stormed the Capitol says he thought Jan. 6 was a 'Bastille-type' attack

Ryan J. Reilly and Daniel Barnes
Mon, October 31, 2022 at 10:59 PM·

WASHINGTON — A member of the Oath Keepers convicted in connection with the Jan. 6 riot wanted to be a part of the attack on the Capitol because he thought it was similar to the 1789 storming of the Bastille, he said in courtroom testimony against other members of the far-right group Monday.

“I felt it was like a Bastille-type moment in history," Graydon Young told jurors in the seditious conspiracy trial of Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes and four other members of the organization. “I thought that I participated in something that was potentially a historically significant event."

Insurgents seized the Bastille, a fortress and political prison that represented royal authority in Paris, on July 14, 1789. July 14, known as Bastille Day, is a national holiday in France.

Young, who pleaded guilty to criminal conspiracy and obstruction of Congress and agreed to cooperate with the government, said during the trial's fifth week of testimony that there was "pandemonium" inside the Capitol when he entered on Jan. 6, 2021. “It was crazy,” he said.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/oath-keeper- ... 17974.html
(original NBC News)
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

RTH10260 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:12 pm
Ah. Adolf wept.
DrIrvingFinegarten

Post by DrIrvingFinegarten »

The one thing that I can’t get past with discussing the Ashli Babbitt shooting is that her apologists point out that there were two police officers on the same side of the door as Babbitt and the rest of the mob. They reason that if those officers didn’t feel she or the mob was a threat there was no reason for Byrd to think they were.

I’m still convinced that if she got through the mob would have gotten through and a lot of people would have been hurt or worse. But I don’t know how to counter what they say about the cops on the mob’s side of the door.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

DrIrvingFinegarten wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:02 pm The one thing that I can’t get past with discussing the Ashli Babbitt shooting is that her apologists point out that there were two police officers on the same side of the door as Babbitt and the rest of the mob. They reason that if those officers didn’t feel she or the mob was a threat there was no reason for Byrd to think they were.

I’m still convinced that if she got through the mob would have gotten through and a lot of people would have been hurt or worse. But I don’t know how to counter what they say about the cops on the mob’s side of the door.
Well, think it through and decide why you believe that. You coming here asking for us to tell you what to say is no different than the Fox junkies just parroting each other. Your only posts are asking us what you should say. And then what? If you're just repeating words from another without having your own logic and opinion to back it up, then how will you support your position if pressed further?
DrIrvingFinegarten

sugar magnolia wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:08 pm
DrIrvingFinegarten wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:02 pm The one thing that I can’t get past with discussing the Ashli Babbitt shooting is that her apologists point out that there were two police officers on the same side of the door as Babbitt and the rest of the mob. They reason that if those officers didn’t feel she or the mob was a threat there was no reason for Byrd to think they were.

Well, think it through and decide why you believe that. You coming here asking for us to tell you what to say is no different than the Fox junkies just parroting each other. Your only posts are asking us what you should say. And then what? If you're just repeating words from another without having your own logic and opinion to back it up, then how will you support your position if pressed further?
Stop being an asshole.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

DrIrvingFinegarten wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:10 pm

Stop being an asshole.
Start being a contributor.
DrIrvingFinegarten

Learn to suffer fools.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Stop being an asshole.
:lol:

When you can't refute them, insult them. Good grief. Trump level debating. :roll:
DrIrvingFinegarten

Maybe I am in the wrong place and it’s time for me to leave. If everyone has such a low opinion of my I guess I don’t belong.
DrIrvingFinegarten

MN-Skeptic wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:15 pm

Stop being an asshole.
:lol:

When you can't refute them, insult them. Good grief. Trump level debating. :roll:
I ask for help and this poster goes into this “I don’t suffer fools” act.

I call that being an asshole.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

How can they claim the police officers crammed upon the doors were not feeling threatend by the mob? The point is that Capitol Poilice were unarmed iirc, they never pointed a gun at anyone during the storm into the Capitol. The guy behind the door inside was a trained body guard and did learn to assess dangerous situations and use his firearm.
DrIrvingFinegarten

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:59 pm

How can they claim the police officers crammed upon the doors were not feeling threatend by the mob? The point is that Capitol Poilice were unarmed iirc, they never pointed a gun at anyone during the storm into the Capitol. The guy behind the door inside was a trained body guard and did learn to assess dangerous situations and use his firearm.
Thank you.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Just tell the fools that if they think that argument is persuasive, they should have volunteered to be a witness for the defense when it could have done some good. And if FOX News thought it was a good argument they should have sent lawyers down to do just that. But since they decided to hide behind a keyboard then they are cowards as well as fools.
Hic sunt dracones
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

The unarmed police were overwhelmed by the mob. They had been fighting the mob all along. In what universe can you imagine that the cops on the mob side of the door did not view them as a threat?

He armed guards inside the room knew they were the last line of defense between the mob and the officials, and they didnt know where those officials were in the evacuation process. In what universe would those guards not feel threatened?
Has everybody heard about the bird?
somerset

Post by somerset »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:02 am
Oath Keeper who stormed the Capitol says he thought Jan. 6 was a 'Bastille-type' attack

Ryan J. Reilly and Daniel Barnes
Mon, October 31, 2022 at 10:59 PM·

WASHINGTON — A member of the Oath Keepers convicted in connection with the Jan. 6 riot wanted to be a part of the attack on the Capitol because he thought it was similar to the 1789 storming of the Bastille, he said in courtroom testimony against other members of the far-right group Monday.

“I felt it was like a Bastille-type moment in history," Graydon Young told jurors in the seditious conspiracy trial of Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes and four other members of the organization. “I thought that I participated in something that was potentially a historically significant event."

Insurgents seized the Bastille, a fortress and political prison that represented royal authority in Paris, on July 14, 1789. July 14, known as Bastille Day, is a national holiday in France.

Young, who pleaded guilty to criminal conspiracy and obstruction of Congress and agreed to cooperate with the government, said during the trial's fifth week of testimony that there was "pandemonium" inside the Capitol when he entered on Jan. 6, 2021. “It was crazy,” he said.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/oath-keeper- ... 17974.html
(original NBC News)
You did. It just didn't turn out the way you expected it to.

As for the Bastille, if the insurgents hadn't been successful, they would have been executed. By comparison, the OafKeepers are getting off easy.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

You are absolutely right.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

In fairness, he did participate in a historic event, because Americans in general have no idea about Bastille Day, but we are gonna remember J6 for a very, very long time.
:cussing:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”