Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

@MacFarlaneNews
ALERT: Judge Thomas Hogan sentences Julian Khater to 80 months in prison in Jan 6 case, in assault against officer Brian Sicknick.

6 years and 8 months
:groupdance:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

@MacFarlaneNews
Judge also orders 100 hours community service in Tanios’ home area of West Virginia.

And.. heads up.. judge fines Tanios for ***whatever money is left in the Tanios Go-Fund-Me account.*** And judge adds: the comments on the Go-Fund-Me aren’t … very Christian

Judge tells Tanios - “You shouldn’t be able to capitalize on the money you raised for the legal defense”
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Kendra wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:38 pm
@MacFarlaneNews
Judge also orders 100 hours community service in Tanios’ home area of West Virginia.

And.. heads up.. judge fines Tanios for ***whatever money is left in the Tanios Go-Fund-Me account.*** And judge adds: the comments on the Go-Fund-Me aren’t … very Christian

Judge tells Tanios - “You shouldn’t be able to capitalize on the money you raised for the legal defense”
Time served [that being a few months in the jailhouse], 100 hrs of community service, and a fine for money that really doesn't come from his personal coffers...

Yeah, a fine punishment for trying to overthrow democracy... :yankyank: :bored:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

The man online sleuths nicknamed #TunnelAccountant is a mechanical engineer named Pat Bournes. He's been arrested in California. Was identified to the FBI on February 10, 2021.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Another not-a-rube.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Normal tourist visit. Nothing to see here.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

PLEA AGREEMENT HEARING begins shortly in Jan 6 case of Dan Goodwyn of Texas

Charging documents in his case include this alleged social media post from just after Election Day 2020 ====>
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Michigan resident Isaac Thomas facing assault and obstruction charges for breaching Capitol on Jan. 6. Here he is recording a message from Speaker Pelosi's suite that day. https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 54.1.1.pdf
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

@MacFarlaneNews
ALERT: In Jan 6 spray attack case against Dan Caldwell of Texas, Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly sentences Caldwell to *68 months in prison* (5 years, 8 months)
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Kendra wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:06 pm
Michigan resident Isaac Thomas facing assault and obstruction charges for breaching Capitol on Jan. 6. Here he is recording a message from Speaker Pelosi's suite that day. https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 54.1.1.pdf
They forgot what side street they parked his GFs grandma's car on... so took a bus back to Michigan.

Brainiacs.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:o there are so nmany car locator apps out in the wild, one rally ought to note the dropoff position :doh:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

JUST IN: Prosecutors have charged William NICHOLS of Vermont with assaulting/impeding police. They note he overlooked a Capitol wall as another member of the mob urinated on it.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Feds announce arrest of Dustin Sargent of Pennsylvania, alleging he "aggressively" shoved police. Feds allege in Dec 2020 Sargent messaged "there will be military courts for these government
employees..the penalty for treason is “DEATH”
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Latest wave of Jan 6 arrests continues

Feds announce charges vs Joseph Pavlik of Chicago, arguing "Pavlik is believed to be a member of the B Squad a subgroup of a militia-style, Florida-based organization known as “Guardians of Freedom,” which adheres to the ideology of 3%ers"
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Looked up the name and found this.
In 2014, Ald. Marty Quinn (13th) introduced a resolution at the City Council to honor Pavlik on his retirement from the CFD after more than three decades on the job.

“Throughout his career, Lieutenant Pavlik upheld the finest and most noble traditions of public service,” Quinn wrote.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Kendra wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:17 pm
Feds announce arrest of Dustin Sargent of Pennsylvania, alleging he "aggressively" shoved police. Feds allege in Dec 2020 Sargent messaged "there will be military courts for these government
employees..the penalty for treason is “DEATH”
Too bad he's wrong on that.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

'I wouldn't change anything I did:' Springfield man convicted in breach of U.S. Capitol

Steven Spearie, State Journal-Register
Thu, February 2, 2023 at 8:13 PM GMT+1

Thomas B. Adams Jr., faces time in prison but wouldn't change a thing about his role in the Jan. 6, 2021, breach of the U.S. Capitol.

One of the three Springfield area men accused in that breach or for action on the grounds, Adams was found guilty and convicted Tuesday at a stipulated bench trial in Washington, D.C., of obstructing an official proceeding and aiding and abetting others in committing obstruction of an official proceeding, both felonies.

Adams also was found guilty of remaining in a restricted building or grounds, a misdemeanor.

Two years after the Jan. 6 riot, here's where the cases of 3 Springfield-area men stand

U.S. District Court Judge Amit Mehta set Adams' sentencing hearing for June 16. He is out on his own recognizance.

"I wouldn't change anything I did," Adams told The State Journal-Register outside of his Ridge Avenue home Wednesday. "I didn't do anything. I still to this day, even though I had to admit guilt (in the stipulation), don't feel like I did what the charge is.

"I did go there. I was in the building. I didn't refuse to leave because no one ever told me specifically to get out. I was never asked to get out until a group of officers came on the Senate floor and told everybody in there it was time to go. We all lined up and walked out."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/springfield- ... 39103.html
(original: The State Journal-Register)
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Jurupa man who joined U.S. Capitol riot sentenced

City News Service
Mon, January 30, 2023 at 9:09 PM GMT+1

A 45-year-old man who was among seven people from Riverside County charged in the Jan. 6, 2021, breach of the U.S. Capitol was sentenced on Monday to 18 months in federal prison.

Andrew Alan Hernandez of Jurupa Valley in September pleaded guilty to a charge of aiding and abetting in the obstruction of an official proceeding.

Hernandez admitted the felony count under a plea agreement with the U.S. Attorney’s Office, which agreed to drop five related charges in exchange for the admission.

U.S. District Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly in Washington, D.C. certified the terms of the bargain and additionally ordered the defendant to spend 36 months on supervised release following his incarceration, as well as to pay $2,000 in restitution to the government.

Security surveillance camera images of Hernandez inside the Capitol Building on the day of the insurrection showed him carrying an American flag with a Go-Pro camera zip-tied to the pole.

The pictures, collected by the FBI and included in the indictment against the defendant, revealed he had entered the building via the East Rotunda Door, which was forced open, then milled about with others who had breached the Capitol.

He posted a social media message prior to joining the protest outside the Capitol that day, saying, “They are trying to steal the vote and will perfect and protect their fraudulent voting system when in power.”

Hernandez proceeded to the Senate Gallery, snapped a few selfies and exited the edifice 15 minutes later, according to prosecutors.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/jurupa-man-j ... 59321.html
(original: The Desert Sun)
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Sewell man sentenced for his role in Capitol riot

Jim Walsh, Cherry Hill Courier-Post
Thu, February 2, 2023 at 10:46 AM GMT+1

WASHINGTON, D.C. - A Sewell man has received an eight-month prison term for his role in the U.S. Capitol riot.

Philip Young, 61, had sought house arrest for six months, while the prosecution wanted a 40-month prison term, court records show.

Young, a retired boilermaker, pleaded guilty in November to two felonies — interfering with officers during a civil disorder and assaulting, resisting, or impeding law enforcement officers.

He also admitted guilt to five misdemeanor charges arising from the Jan. 6, 2021, riot by supporters of then-President Donald Trump.

According to court records, Young was among several rioters who pushed a bike-rack barricade into a line of police officers near the beginning of the riot.

He later deflated tires on a government vehicle, the records say.

Young was identified in part through his jacket, which carried the logo of a South Jersey-based boilermakers union, a criminal complaint says.

A public defender said Young, who was arrested in August, “got swept away by the mob” after attending a speech by Trump that preceded the riot.

U.S. District Judge Dabney Friedrich also rejected Young's request for a sentence that included two years of probation and 200 hours of community service.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sewell-man-s ... 01432.html
(original: Courier Post)
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Sorry, not sorry: Some 1/6 rioters change tune after apology

ALANNA DURKIN RICHER and MICHAEL KUNZELMAN
Fri, February 3, 2023 at 11:48 AM GMT+1

WASHINGTON (AP) — Appearing before a federal judge after pleading guilty to a felony charge in the deadly Capitol riot, former West Virginia lawmaker Derrick Evans expressed remorse for letting down his family and his community, saying he made a “crucial mistake."

Less than a year later, Evans is portraying himself as a victim of a politically motivated prosecution as he runs to serve in the same building he stormed on Jan. 6, 2021. Evans is now calling the Justice Department's Jan. 6 prosecutions a “miscarriage of justice" and describes himself on twitter as a “J6 Patriot."

"Some ppl have said I need to apologize and condemn #J6 if I want to win my election as the media will attack me," he tweeted recently after announcing his bid for a U.S. House seat in 2024. “I will not compromise my values or beliefs. That’s what politicians do. We need Patriots not politicians.”

Evans joins a series of Jan. 6 defendants who — when up against possible prison time in court — have expressed regret for joining the pro-Trump mob that rattled the foundations of American democracy only to strike a different tone or downplay the riot after receiving their punishment.

The very first Jan. 6 defendant to be sentenced apologized in court and then went on Fox News Channel shortly after and seemed to minimize the riot. Another defendant who called Jan. 6 “horrifying and disgusting” later donned an orange jumpsuit to play the part of a distraught prisoner in a bizarre tribute to imprisoned Capitol rioters during a conservative conference.

Some defendants have drawn ire from judges or the Justice Department for their inconsistent comments. But there’s not much the legal system can do for an adjudicated defendant. And because some conservatives hold up Jan. 6 defendants as martyrs, there's a political and possibly financial incentive for them to change their tune.

It could push judges to impose stronger punishments for rioters who haven’t yet made it to the end of their criminal cases. Even before Evans' sentencing, the judge who heard his case began questioning the sincerity of rioters' apologies after he felt duped by another defendant, saying he was “all too familiar with crocodile tears."

Before being sentenced last June to three months behind bars for a civil disorder charge, Evans said he regrets his actions every day and told Senior Judge Royce Lamberth he is a “good person who unfortunately was caught up in a moment.”

Shortly after, prosecutors wrote to the judge about several statements Evans made on a radio show and that were “inconsistent with the contrition” he showed at sentencing. When asked whether he regretted his actions, Evans said on the show that he regretted the “situation” he was in. But he said he was “never going to have regrets when it comes to standing up and doing what’s right.”

https://news.yahoo.com/sorry-not-sorry- ... 55119.html
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Phoning into Jan 6 rally at DC jail, convicted defendant Pete Schwartz said

"Even if I was guilty ..which I am not, but in the hypothetical instance that I was guilty of spraying a can of mace... I didn't hit anybody"

Moar at the link. Note: convicted but not yet sentenced.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

👀 Judge Mehta wants to know why he shouldn’t undo a defendant’s effective guilty plea (at a stipulated trial) for comments he gave to a newspaper saying he didn’t think he actually committed the crime he admitted to in court. (Obstruction) https://news.yahoo.com/springfield-man- ... 39103.html
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Danny Rodriguez’s plea is not great news for his co-defendant Ed Badalian.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

NEW: Plea hearing scheduled for Feb 14 in the Capitol riot case of Daniel Rodriguez of California. Indictment alleged Rodriguez was part of a conspiracy to collect weapons & tactical gear for DC on Jan 6... including taser, pepper spray, baseball bat, gas masks & walkie-talkies
Just another tourist :whistle:

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”