Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Weird Headlines

Gregg

Re: Weird Headlines

Post by Gregg »

It's as mildly offensive as a light post. Get a grip, snowflake.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Gregg wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:14 pm It's as mildly offensive as a light post. Get a grip, snowflake.
But his girlfriend refused to live there! Even though they've already broken up! But if they were still together she wouldn't live there!
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Sounds to me like he might have a correlation does not imply causation problem.

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

I find this 5g tower looks nice compared to traditional cell towers.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Nobody thinks it’s a big deal until the erection of a 25-foot metal dildo happens to them.
78-Year-Old NJ Man Puts Spray Paint Can in Oven, Blows Up Own Kitchen: Official

He was taken to a hospital with serious injuries after the incident
https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/7 ... l/3744986/
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Oh good lord - it's a cell phone tower. You know darn well he'll complain about his cellphone service if it isn't absolutely perfect. I run into this kind of contradictory bullshit all the time. I'm on a modest urban hilltop. A lady waves me over to tell me how awful that tower looks. In her next breath she's asking me which is the best cell provider because her service is terrible up here.

"Oh that thing is just so ugly. I'm going to give them a piece of my mind on Twitter."

If anything, it improved his property value. As we move from a wired to a wireless world, having great phone and internet has become a thing.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:32 am Nobody thinks it’s a big deal until the erection of a 25-foot metal dildo happens to them.
78-Year-Old NJ Man Puts Spray Paint Can in Oven, Blows Up Own Kitchen: Official

He was taken to a hospital with serious injuries after the incident
https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/7 ... l/3744986/
It's not the correct way to dry paint, you first spray it...
raison de arizona

I don't even begin to understand this and I'm not going to sully my brain any further than the AZ GOP gubernatorial debate just did to find out.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

I can't unpack that headline either. :?
raison de arizona

Disgusting man-babies. They should make clean up after themselves.
Yankees in Dugout Throw Chewed Gum Onto Field During Game Against A's
Image[/spoil]
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

"Weird" because I had no idea people could be this stupid, even in TX.
Hikers had no gear on cold Colorado trail because it’s ‘so hot in Texas,’ officials say
https://www.yahoo.com/news/hikers-had-n ... 09098.html
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I remember being in Alaska in the early 2000s. We were at Portage Glacier, It was cold and windy. There was a woman there in a sundress and sandals. Well, she said it was warm in Portland, Oregon, when she left. :crazy:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I remember reading about a lot of yuppies deciding to go outdoorsy and needing to be rescued from places like, say, Arizona's Wave. I mean, who knew you need more than a bottle of water on a hike? Well, that's what rescuers are for, right? To come and get me because I don't have a clue. (Or, in one case, "Can you bring us some water?")
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

A few years ago SWMBO and I drove from Melbourne to Darwin with a friend. On the way there was a hike I wanted to do in Kings Canyon which is sorta north north east of Uluru (Ayers Rock).

Guide to Kings Canyon

All the descriptions say to BRING WATER.
All the local signposts say to BRING WATER.
There is a WATER tap in the car park so you can fill up your WATER BOTTLES.
It was 40 degrees centigrade.
It is a 6 hour hike.
Knowing the importance water in the desert (I grew up in Southern Arizona), I told buddy to bring water.
Knowing that I wasn't joking, SWMBO told buddy to bring water.

SWMBO and I brought water.
Buddy did NOT bring water.
Buddy was(is) overweight and out of shape.
Buddy INSISTED on going on the hike anyway.

I said fine, I'm not going if you don't have water, I will not be responsible for you, and rescue in here is difficult and hours away. So here take my water and you and SWMBO can go. Be off with you.

He pouted and pouted, but I refused to budge, so he pulled out too and none of us got to do the hike.

Bastards should fucking listen when people tell you stuff for your own good.

P.S. this is the same guy that fussed and fussed about whether he had packed coffee cups for the drive in to Lake Eyre (its effing remote mate!) and kept us awake (it was midnight and we needed to get up 2 hours before dawn to see dawn over the lake) and then forgot to pack the shovel to dig us out if we got stuck.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

keith wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:49 am

P.S. this is the same guy that fussed and fussed about whether he had packed coffee cups for the drive in to Lake Eyre (its effing remote mate!) and kept us awake (it was midnight and we needed to get up 2 hours before dawn to see dawn over the lake) and then forgot to pack the shovel to dig us out if we got stuck.
You've dropped this one from your friends list, eh?
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Kangaroo ran free in Louisiana after parrot figured out how to unlock his enclosure door,

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kangaroo-ran ... 56150.html
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Armed and naked man taken for mental health evaluation after wandering Michigan highway

https://www.recordpatriot.com/news/arti ... JRzAcT_5X8
A 46-year-old man from Rapid City was taken in for a mental health evaluation after Michigan State Police said he was naked and dancing with a handgun on southbound US-131.

MPS said in a Wednesday press release that witnesses told them the man was naked, dancing, doing pushups and displaying a 9mm handgun on southbound US-131 near mile marker 187 in Wexford County.

The man eventually manually emptied the ammunition from the handgun, according to the witnesses who called 911.

An MPS sergeant and a Wexford sheriff's deputy responded to the calls and placed the subject into protective custody. He was transported by a Mobile Medical Response ambulance to Munson Hospital Cadillac for a mental health evaluation, according to the release.

It was determined the man possessed a valid Michigan CPL.
101010 :towel:
raison de arizona

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Is he ashamed because he didn't use an AK 15 and finish the job??
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
bob

Post by bob »

Image ImageImage
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

That's doing the rounds in the last few days. Probably due to outraged Twitterleft looking for stuff to laugh at "the other side" about as its 36 hours since the last shiny object. But the story actually happened in 2019. And the fake "Ark" itself was not damaged, but the roads near it were.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/work/at ... 2885b0a5f7
But at Ark Encounter, the multimillion-dollar theme park dedicated to fundamentalist Christianity where the centrepiece is a giant replica Noah’s Ark, a steady flow of Kentucky rain was too much for its nearby roads to handle.

The group behind the big boat in United States’ south are demanding their insurance company bail them out after heavy rains caused nearly $A1.44 million in property damage.

The Ark Encounter says in a federal lawsuit that rains in 2017 and 2018 caused a landslide on its access road.

The Courier Journal reports the attraction’s insurance carriers refused to cover the damage.

The 155-metre-long wooden ark has been a popular attraction since its 2016 opening.

The lawsuit says the road has been rebuilt. The ark was not damaged.
I read somewhere that the problem is that their insurance didn't cover "acts of God" which, if true, would be really hilarious.
Hic sunt dracones
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Don't get me stated on God's fake boat club.

They're local and the grift is strong in them. The hoops they jump through to evade (mostly tax) laws are Trumpian in scale.

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Suranis wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:44 pm I read somewhere that the problem is that their insurance didn't cover "acts of God" which, if true, would be really hilarious.
In the insurance biznis, if you want to increase the scope of your coverage you can sometimes get a "rider" that alters the terms of the policy. Like, you can get flood coverage, even though it's arguable that most floods are acts of God. Not the ones where the terrorists blow up the levee, but y'know ...

Anyway, I don't think you can get a rider to cover all the different possible "acts of God" because if God decides to kick your ass, he has quite a range of options, and no insurance company wants that kind of risk on their books. :daydreaming:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

So, Foggy, don't let the insurance company know your middle name is "Job"?
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Note: further down the tweet thread a tweeter reported that the law suit was settled (no disclosures of course)

Return to “The Funny”