Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Weird Headlines

sugar magnolia

Re: Weird Headlines

Post by sugar magnolia »

Gregg wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:15 pm
sugar magnolia wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:42 pm
Gregg wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:20 pm BTW, the 1964 1/2 Mustangs were mannequins.

After they were built, Ford made several changes to the production models and that is how you can tell (besides the VIN) that a given car is a 1964 1/2 and not a 1965 which is what the title says on all of them.

Biggest giveaway it's a real 64 1/4 is it has a generator and not an alternator.
I had a '65 Mustang that came from the factory with a striped gas tank. Never seen one before or since and the whole time I drove it total strangers would comment on it. I bought it from the original owner and had all the original paperwork from the sale, and it said on the sales stuff the stripes were an option.

I have read that three times and still don't get what you mean by a striped gas tank? You can't see the gas tank on a '65 Mustang so I'm missing something and now I MUST KNOW because I consider myself a Mustang trivia master.
Gah. Not the gas tank. trying to do too many brain things at one time.

Below the back bumper, the ridged part that goes under the car was striped. If you were a few car lengths back you could see it. I'm in the middle of ANOTHER fight with the fuckwits at CVS so my brain is mush. I have no idea what that part of the car is called right now. I'll try to come back and clear it up if I don't wind up killing someone first.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

The rear fascia.

They were painted. This is for the Shelby GT350 but the factory stripe package for the non GT stripes had it too.

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Late eighties. My buddy’s parents had a baby blue 64 1/2 convertible. I had a yellow 65. It was an all original show car. It was AZ. It was hot. I wanted to put in an underdash AC. My dad said there was no way we could do anything like that to the car. Nothing that wasn’t original. Besides, we’d be paying to devalue the car. Around this time I was unceremoniously kicked out of public high school. Alas, the car was sold to pay the tuition at the fancy Catholic high school, with the leftover used to purchase a pos 69 vw squareback. Automatic, of all things. 0-60, well, eventually.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Irate duck sauce ‘hoarder’ accused of killing deliveryman for failing to bring enough condiments
‘His whole fridge was filled with duck sauce’

An angry customer who allegedly killed a Chinese food delivery associate for not bringing enough duck sauce was in the habit of hoarding the condiment and had stacked his fridge with it, said police.

Glenn Hirsch, 51, who stays in the Briarwood neighbourhood, was arrested last week after being charged for fatally shooting Zhiwen Yan, who worked at the Great Wall restaurant in New York’s Queens Boulevard neighbourhood :snippity:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 96365.html
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

raison de arizona wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:48 pm Late eighties. My buddy’s parents had a baby blue 64 1/2 convertible. I had a yellow 65. It was an all original show car. It was AZ. It was hot. I wanted to put in an underdash AC. My dad said there was no way we could do anything like that to the car. Nothing that wasn’t original. Besides, we’d be paying to devalue the car. Around this time I was unceremoniously kicked out of public high school. Alas, the car was sold to pay the tuition at the fancy Catholic high school, with the leftover used to purchase a pos 69 vw squareback. Automatic, of all things. 0-60, well, eventually.
'63 Falcon, 170 C.I, I6
0-60 Allegedly :rotflmao:

tek

Post by tek »

raison de arizona wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:48 pmwith the leftover used to purchase a pos 69 vw squareback. Automatic, of all things. 0-60, well, eventually.
My older brother's first car (in 1974) was a '69 fastback, 4-speed.
The fuel injection was pretty unreliable.
I ended up wiring a "mixture control" into the cylinder-temperature sensor circuit.

I was a hacker even back then :batting:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Off Topic
sugar magnolia wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:42 pm
Gregg wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:20 pm BTW, the 1964 1/2 Mustangs were mannequins.
I had a '65 Mustang that came from the factory with a striped gas tank fascia.
My dad bought a '65 Mustang when we lived in La Jolla (in 1965 La Jolla was not a rich enclave, like it is today), convertible of course (my dad always drove convertibles). My mom was driving it with a couple of my younger sibs in the back when a gentleman who was a guest in our country hit her from behind. I think my sibs would have been seriously injured, but the folding front seats didn't latch, so the kids ended up in the front seat with mom. And that was the end of the '65 Mustang. :(
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Author who wrote How To Murder Your Husband jailed for life for murdering her husband

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-06-14/ ... /101149400
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

Gregg wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:19 am
raison de arizona wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:48 pm Late eighties. My buddy’s parents had a baby blue 64 1/2 convertible. I had a yellow 65. It was an all original show car. It was AZ. It was hot. I wanted to put in an underdash AC. My dad said there was no way we could do anything like that to the car. Nothing that wasn’t original. Besides, we’d be paying to devalue the car. Around this time I was unceremoniously kicked out of public high school. Alas, the car was sold to pay the tuition at the fancy Catholic high school, with the leftover used to purchase a pos 69 vw squareback. Automatic, of all things. 0-60, well, eventually.
'63 Falcon, 170 C.I, I6
0-60 Allegedly :rotflmao:
Yeah, and that’s not miles per hour, it’s yards per minute! 8-)
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
Cyrus Breckenridge

Post by Cyrus Breckenridge »

“Colorado man plans to push peanut up 14,115 ft Pikes Peak with his nose.”

(Huffpost)
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Why? And in this heat???
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:12 am Why? And in this heat???
The weirdest part is that it has already been done. Multiple times.
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

Sisyphus, O Sisyphus, where art thou to teach this mortal the folly of his ways?
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

humblescribe wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:36 pm Sisyphus, O Sisyphus, where art thou to teach this mortal the folly of his ways?
Just wait until the chickadee comes to tear out his liver!
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

roadscholar wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:15 pm
humblescribe wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:36 pm Sisyphus, O Sisyphus, where art thou to teach this mortal the folly of his ways?
Just wait until the chickadee comes to tear out his liver!
I think that was Prometheus. Sisyphus was the man condemned to eternally push a stone up a hill only to watch it fall back down to the bottom again.
Hic sunt dracones
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

Ach! Right you are. :notworthy1:
Tiredretiredlawyer

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 665074001/
Man charged in Mustang thefts at Flat Rock Ford plant

A 19-year-old man has been charged in connection with stealing Ford Mustangs from an assembly plant Thursday, investigators said.

Robert Anthony Smith of Detroit was arraigned Friday through 36th District Court on four counts: receiving and concealing $20,000 or more, receiving and concealing a motor vehicle, unlawful driving away and fourth-degree fleeing.

He was arrested soon after the thefts.

Flat Rock officers called Michigan State Police at about 3:20 a.m. Thursday for help to stop suspects fleeing in several stolen 2022 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500s.

Police saw the suspects trying to fuel the vehicles, but they drove off when they saw the officers, authorities reported.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Auto workers usta just steal wheel barrows.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I was once involved in reviewing an employee handbook for a plant. The amount of distrust of employees, especially blue collar, was eye opening to me as a young'un. Never forgot it.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Meanwhile on the other side of Deaborn (okay, Flat Rock is a half hour south) someone else rammed the fences and stole $1 million wroth of F150 Raptors.

They stole our trucks!

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

pipistrelle wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:58 am I was once involved in reviewing an employee handbook for a plant. The amount of distrust of employees, especially blue collar, was eye opening to me as a young'un. Never forgot it.
It's nothing compared to the amount and value of stuff we throw away. I could be a billionaire if they had let me keep what we have tossed since I started.

johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Post by johnpcapitalist »

Gregg wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:55 pm Meanwhile on the other side of Deaborn (okay, Flat Rock is a half hour south) someone else rammed the fences and stole $1 million wroth of F150 Raptors.

They stole our trucks!
IOW, they got away with four units, given the dealer markups over sticker that somebody posted here a couple days ago.
raison de arizona

Furious man says '25-foot metal dildo' erected outside house has ruined retirement plans
Property owner Brian Swanson and his fellow residents have been left angry after Wolverhampton Council erected the '25-foot metal dildo' with no warning :snippity:
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/f ... t-27263920
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

johnpcapitalist wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:27 pm
Gregg wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:55 pm Meanwhile on the other side of Deaborn (okay, Flat Rock is a half hour south) someone else rammed the fences and stole $1 million wroth of F150 Raptors.

They stole our trucks!
IOW, they got away with four units, given the dealer markups over sticker that somebody posted here a couple days ago.

Something like that. :think:

Tiredretiredlawyer

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:10 am
Furious man says '25-foot metal dildo' erected outside house has ruined retirement plans
Property owner Brian Swanson and his fellow residents have been left angry after Wolverhampton Council erected the '25-foot metal dildo' with no warning :snippity:
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/f ... t-27263920
Looks like a slim tampon to me.

Return to “The Funny”