Re: trump spawn

Post by p0rtia »

Pretty sure that was Cortana.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Dropping here because Eric was a headliner. :lol:
PatriotTakes 🇺🇸 @patriottakes wrote: At the Rock the Red event headlined by Eric Trump and Mike Lindell, Ann Vandersteel claimed:

“Oil is a renewable resource. Mother nature is making it all the time.”
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

surely, that much stupid hurts. :cantlook:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

AndyinPA wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:00 pm surely, that much stupid hurts. :cantlook:
But the suckers believe it.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Eric Trump says Joe Biden is lazy: “The problem with the Democrats right now is they’re so crazy .. The person in the WH isn’t a hard worker. He’s not motivational.”
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Not playing enough rounds of golf...

and not enough sack time with dictators..

this is why that is bad for Bidden..
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Not motivational? Should he be handing out Chick Tracts on Pen Ave :?:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

noblepa wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:20 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:00 pm surely, that much stupid hurts. :cantlook:
It was a theory pushed by oil companies a while back, that oil was a fluid created by internal processes inside the earth ans was bubbling up. Therefore it would never run out.

It not completely ludicrous on its face. But ya.
Hic sunt dracones
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

And everyone has their pet dino in the backyard playing among lush tropical shrubs to feed the future income of the oil companies :twisted:
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Kendra wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:31 pm
Eric Trump says Joe Biden is lazy: “The problem with the Democrats right now is they’re so crazy .. The person in the WH isn’t a hard worker. He’s not motivational.”
It is actually a fascinating cultural difference. The Trumps view work through visabitliy, work is being seen and grifting, while actual work is something that people below the leader does.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

neeneko wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:43 am It is actually a fascinating cultural difference. The Trumps view work through visabitliy, work is being seen and grifting, while actual work is something that people below the leader does.
Personally I think he is just accusing Biden of what his Father was accused of.
Hic sunt dracones
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

Biden isn't ripping off people

that is why they don't think he is working
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Suranis wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:48 am
noblepa wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:20 pm
It was a theory pushed by oil companies a while back, that oil was a fluid created by internal processes inside the earth ans was bubbling up. Therefore it would never run out.

It not completely ludicrous on its face. But ya.
Petroleum IS indeed a fluid created by internal pressure in the earth's crust.

Unfortunately, the time line for this process to create new oil is a little too long to be of any use.

Plus, unless every geologist on earth is wrong, there is no new organic material being deposited that could be converted to oil (in a few million years).

So, no, I don't believe for a moment that any new oil is being formed under our feet as we speak (or type).
Atticus Finch

Post by Atticus Finch »

Just imagine if a meteor the size of the one that annihilated the dinosaurs hit the earth we humans would be the oil deposit in a few million years to be discovered by a future Intelligent species to run their machinery.
You don't need religion to have morals. If you can't determine right from wrong then you lack empathy, not religion.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Republican oil? You think the cog wheels would run smoothly or grind to a halt ?
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

noblepa wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:43 pm Petroleum IS indeed a fluid created by internal pressure in the earth's crust.

Unfortunately, the time line for this process to create new oil is a little too long to be of any use.

Plus, unless every geologist on earth is wrong, there is no new organic material being deposited that could be converted to oil (in a few million years).

So, no, I don't believe for a moment that any new oil is being formed under our feet as we speak (or type).
So, if it is the same theory I am remembering (and I can only speak to original idea, not how it might have become a talking point since then), it was related to how usable hydrocarbons could be created via geological processes without needing organic matter, I think it had something to do with hydrogen that was trapped deep underground seeping up and interacting with carbon based stuff on its way up.

I mostly heard the theory in terms of the possibility of natural gas or such being present offworld, which could be important for colonization hopes. It would act on geological timescales, so yeah, it would not replenish at any rate useful to human. I do not have the background to evaluate the idea itself, but as I recall it, it was much more modest in its claims and focused on non-terrestrial application.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Kendra wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:43 pm :roll:

Lara Trump is asked if Trump is too old to run in 2024: “People can see .. Donald Trump - the way he led this country. His mental acuity. His fitness. How many times did we see the WH doctor (Ronny Jackson) trotted out .. and the crazy questions about 2 scoops of ice cream?”
You know, now that we've gotten to knw him better, Ronnie Jackson's judgement is kind of suspect, too.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Post by Mr brolin »

Oil and other associated "fossil fuel" formation is relatively simple in explanation but complex in delivery......

To generate oil you need a hell of a lot of lipid heavy organisms, an anaerobic environment, lots of sediment and a stable and gentle weather system for a very, very, very long time.

So, shallow seas, slow and vast sand and clay sediment rich rivers and estuaries, sunny and lots of nutrient rich water that feed massive algae and plankton blooms. Add in a bit of cycads and ferns floating down the rivers and then you end up with massive, regularly "dying off", blooms that die, sink to the bottom of very oxygen poor sea beds where the normal process of decay is vastly slowed down. The thick layers of organic mats are gradually covered over by sediment and layers build up one on top of another.

As time progresses, the processes of geologic time, subduction and other fun stuff starts to move these organic, lipid rich layers, stable and undecaying, like insects in amber, deeper into the earth. As they go deeper, pressure and temperature increase and all that CHON (Carbon, Hydrogen, Oxygen and Nitrogen) starts to get baked in a process called pyrolysis. This shake 'n bake drives out the water and starts to encourage the formation of more and more long chain hydrocarbons the black (although it varies from yellow through green to brown) gold.

Now you need to STOP baking it as you start to move towards purer and purer carbon and longer and stickier and thicker oil -> bitumen. -> asphalt etc.

Now, all that lovely sticky oil needs to pool and NOT escape so you need a dome of impermeable material to cap the oil to stop it escaping and a rocky material with lots of pores and threads to hold the oil.

So, lots and lots of specific processes and material gad to come together to get the stuff together.

'Abiotic" oil formation is.... Well ..... Fringe at best and posits there are substantial carbon dioxide, liquid water and free hydrogen somehow flowing freely at extreme depth with lots of arm waving around catalysed conversion of raw material to oil that somehow isn't destroyed in the extreme heat and pressure and "escapes" upwards.......
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Is Oil really dinosaurs, though? I think it's closer to being from the time of dinosaurs but most of the organic matter that eventually became oil was plants, jungles, even see life, more than actual dinosaurs. The amounts of oil found in useable quantities to be drilled for would represent gazongazillions of T rex's all laying down to die in one place.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Post by Mr brolin »

Big old beasties are far less likely to be a significant contributor as, like every animal, they are basically a big ole bag of skin stuffed full of bacteria on the inside so most of the good stuff gets eaten by bacteria, lysis sets in and rot reduces the carbon rich stuff to worm food not oil feedstock......
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Gregg wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:39 pm Is Oil really dinosaurs, though? I think it's closer to being from the time of dinosaurs but most of the organic matter that eventually became oil was plants, jungles, even see life, more than actual dinosaurs. The amounts of oil found in useable quantities to be drilled for would represent gazongazillions of T rex's all laying down to die in one place.
We got that with all our expanding jungles to provide new organist waste. Oh, wait.
101010 :towel:
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

That has been a bullrush 'hypothesis' for at least 15 years, maybe 20. I seem to remember it coming up in a side track hijack in a 'discussion' around the 9/11 plane crash into the Pentagon (you know the hole was too small don't you?) - but I could be hallucinating about where I heard it.

Edit. It was more likely in a evolution v creation argument. The 9/11 stuff got pretty crazy, but I doubt it got that far off track.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Junior says Hunter Biden’s laptop could start World War III.
:cantlook: :notlistening:
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

I am sure his father would have managed to create such an incident :cantlook: :brickwallsmall:
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

I am sure his father would have managed to create such an incident :cantlook: :brickwallsmall:

ps. did he recently suggest that he too was presidential material and ripe for an election run :?: :cantlook: :cantlook: :cantlook:

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”