Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Conspiracy theorists

Poots are fighting for FreeDumb
ZinWhit

Re: Conspiracy theorists

Post by ZinWhit »

The original Q-Anon, from an official American religion.

They indoctrinate it at BYU.

We accept this from one of the wealthiest religious and for-profit organizations on the planet.

Why isn't this at minimum mocked, at nowhere close to maximum seen as dangerous?

https://eom.byu.edu/index.php/Secret_Combinations
Attachments
Screenshot_20220424-152123_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20220424-152123_DuckDuckGo.jpg (463.84 KiB) Viewed 1489 times
Conservation is what conservation does and it sure ain't preservation.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

ZinWhit wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:24 pm The original Q-Anon, from an official American religion.

They indoctrinate it at BYU.

We accept this from one of the wealthiest religious and for-profit organizations on the planet.

Why isn't this at minimum mocked, at nowhere close to maximum seen as dangerous?

:snippity:
Yep. I don't mock (not productive), but I do see the destructive potential (which is increasingly realized). Mostly I just roll my eyes when folks say they can't understand why anyone would believe shit like Q, or the cult of TFG.

cf Ruzzians beleiving Putin is a great guy.
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

p0rtia wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:50 pm Yep. I don't mock (not productive), but I do see the destructive potential (which is increasingly realized). Mostly I just roll my eyes when folks say they can't understand why anyone would believe shit like Q, or the cult of TFG.
It is strange how quasi-rational conspiracy theories are treated in contrast to the tolerance and support for established irrational belief systems.

At least the Illuminati could exist as a group, there could be false flag attacks on schools, that could even be Jewish space lasers, etc. But an afterlife? Various deities and other supernatural beings? C"mon!

So I don't have a high expectation of rationality in folk. But what baffles me is the adulation for ranting populists such as Trump and other revolting Republicans, or Boris Johnson in the UK. I can justify my dislike of these people rationally, but, truth be told, my dislike is emotional at its core. I instinctively dislike them and I don't understand why others don't also find them creepy and obnoxious. It's not about education, moral frameworks or rational analysis, how can do many people like there obviously nasty scamsters?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Volkonski wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:09 pm No idea if this is a joke or for real. :?

OMFSM :biggrin:

yeah - the overall mighty creative thingy cannot overcome some human space debris? :cantlook: After having had to cross the universe with all the scattered debis and trash left over from the Big Bang fireworks to "drop from the heavens" to this lonely planet.

Of course would be the anti-scientific declaration out of the bible belt.

Now I could understand some moral concerns: clean up the planet and its surroundings. The divine entity may be unhappy with the situation and call once again for a global whitewashing...

Which cruise ship departing from Florida will be the next Survivors reality show platform? Big animals must exclusively be taken from the righteous politicians list, preferably those waving Gold Cards. Who will be the caterer for the forty days? Think of all the cold hambergers to load :shh:

:rotflmao:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

That may be a joke BUT it brings me to something I've wondered since I was a kid. How far into space does one have to travel before they crash into the Pearly Gates?

(And yes, I realize now that the truly (as in not hypocritical asshats) faithful don't consider it a physics conundrum.

Too also, this question reappeared decades later when I took my young stepdaughter on her first plane ride and she feared the plane would hit her dead mother. Luckily, we spotted a rainbow and I told her that was her mama waving.)
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

I wish I could remember the guy's name, but I remember when I was growing up there was some pastor who believed he had figured out how much RAM or hard drive space or something computers needed in order to support demonic possession and was warning people about the dangers of having such systems in their homes.

Though oddly enough, if that post about satellites is real, it is actually a bit refreshing since I rubberneck the flat earthers who believe satellites are fake because of, ahm, god?
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

I remember Trinity Broadcasting and other televangelists proudly proclaiming how they can bring others to Christ through the magic of that new technology, satellites. The size of their satellite farm was always important.
101010 :towel:
Volkonski
Verified:

Conspiracy theorists

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
AndyinPA
Verified:

Conspiracy theorists

Post by AndyinPA »

:crazy:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Conspiracy theorists

Post by raison de arizona »

Her campaign slogan was “Jesus Guns Babies” (really), she’s a loon.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Resume18

Conspiracy theorists

Post by Resume18 »

So perfect for MAGA, then.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
jez
Verified: ✅ Medicated

Conspiracy theorists

Post by jez »

MAGA and a Flerfer? Wow. So much, um... just so much.
“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Conspiracy theorists

Post by Frater I*I »

What should REALLY scare you is that she has a PhD in Education and teaches elementary school.... :cantlook:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
northland10

Conspiracy theorists

Post by northland10 »

Frater I*I wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:52 pm What should REALLY scare you is that she has a PhD in Education and teaches elementary school.... :cantlook:
Actually, she is the student services director for the board/district office so is not currently doing classroom teaching.

I read briefly through a listening session regarding a superintendent search. I have seen less God in sermons. They want to find a God-fearing leader who will bring God into the classroom.. yada yada yada, and not all of this diversity and tolerance stuff. SHe must be right at home there.

There were a few who were actually better and I enjoyed the one who said he is Christian, believes in God, believes in science, and believes in tolerance.
pipistrelle

Conspiracy theorists

Post by pipistrelle »

northland10 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:56 pm
Frater I*I wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:52 pm What should REALLY scare you is that she has a PhD in Education and teaches elementary school.... :cantlook:
Actually, she is the student services director for the board/district office so is not currently doing classroom teaching.
That sounds like a useless way to transfer cash into her private little hands.
northland10

Conspiracy theorists

Post by northland10 »

pipistrelle wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:07 pm
northland10 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:56 pm
That sounds like a useless way to transfer cash into her private little hands.
She was doing it before she ran for various offices. It is just some central office staff position. Many school districts have that position, though the title and responsibilities vary between school districts.

Return to “Bundys and their elk”