Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Sovcit nutz

These people are weird, but we like to find out what weird people are doing and thinking. It's a hobby.
Volkonski
Verified:

Sovcit nutz

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Sovcit nutz

Post by Luke »

BREAKING

11:45am EDT (10:45am local) for the verdict. Many had posted but hadn't believed it until seeing FOX 35 Orlando put up a stream. Now everybody's jumping in.

Darrell Brooks trial: Verdict reached in Waukesha Christmas Day parade tragedy
52 watching now Started streaming 108 seconds ago

FOX 35 Orlando
182K subscribers
A jury has reached a verdict in the trial of Darrell Brooks, the man accused of driving an SUV through the Waukesha Christmas Day parade, killing six people and injuring dozens more. The jury received jury instructions late Tuesday and began deliberating on Tuesday.

The real question is... will they address Subject Matter Jurisdiction? :smoking:
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Volkonski
Verified:

Sovcit nutz

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Sovcit nutz

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski
Verified:

Sovcit nutz

Post by Volkonski »

Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Sovcit nutz

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Volkonski wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:05 pm
Not surprising, but still good to hear
Volkonski
Verified:

Sovcit nutz

Post by Volkonski »

arayder

Sovcit nutz

Post by arayder »

arayder wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:39 am It seems to me that as his sovcit arguments get consistently denied Brooks is reduced to numbing surly insults against the court, the judge and the prosecution during the proceedings. When he is told to stop doing so he goes off and starts yelling at the judge and berating her for not buying into his sovcit BS.

In reasonably quick secession he is going to get a further dose of reality went his own momma testifies, he gets convicted and sent to the big house were he knows full well he'll never get to mix with the other prisoners.

I am still giving 2 to 1 odds in Quatloos money that he goes off big time.
So it seems I gotta' pay out. He held it together.
curmudgeon
Verified:

Sovcit nutz

Post by curmudgeon »

From CNN

Darrell Brooks was found guilty of six counts of first-degree intentional homicide on Wednesday for driving his SUV into a crowd of Christmas parade attendees in Waukesha, Wisconsin, last November, killing six people and wounding dozens more.

He faces a mandatory sentence of life in prison for the convictions.

Brooks, 40, also was convicted of 61 counts of recklessly endangering safety with the use of a dangerous weapon, six counts of fatal hit and run, two counts of felony bail jumping and one count of misdemeanor domestic battery – a clean sweep for the prosecution.

Brooks represented himself in court and has been combative throughout the trial, repeatedly speaking over the judge to make inane and outlandish arguments. Yet as the stream of guilty verdicts were read Wednesday, he looked down, put his head on his hands and sat silently.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/26/us/wauke ... ium=social
Resume18

Sovcit nutz

Post by Resume18 »

arayder wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:12 pm
arayder wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:39 am It seems to me that as his sovcit arguments get consistently denied Brooks is reduced to numbing surly insults against the court, the judge and the prosecution during the proceedings. When he is told to stop doing so he goes off and starts yelling at the judge and berating her for not buying into his sovcit BS.

In reasonably quick secession he is going to get a further dose of reality went his own momma testifies, he gets convicted and sent to the big house were he knows full well he'll never get to mix with the other prisoners.

I am still giving 2 to 1 odds in Quatloos money that he goes off big time.
So it seems I gotta' pay out. He held it together.

Given his behavior, I thought for sure he'd go off. Of course there's the sentencing . . .
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
noblepa

Sovcit nutz

Post by noblepa »

Resume18 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:58 pm Given his behavior, I thought for sure he'd go off. Of course there's the sentencing . . .
Me too. I'm surprised he held it together.

WI doesn't have the death penalty, so he is looking at life imprisonment on all six counts of murder. Does WI have Life w/o Parole?

Any guesses/predictions/bets on whether the judge will make his sentences consecutive or concurrent?

Procedural question. I know that the jury usually has to complete a verdict form, which becomes part of the trial record. Do they have to complete a single form for all 76 counts, or must they complete one form for each count.

If the latter, that may account for the three hours it took them to deliberate. It might have taken that long just to take a vote on each count and fill out the form for each count. I haven't heard from any jurors, but I doubt that there was much discussion or debate about the verdicts.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Sovcit nutz

Post by bill_g »

Give him a giant FAIL!!!
arayder

Sovcit nutz

Post by arayder »

curmudgeon wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:48 pm From CNN

Darrell Brooks was found guilty of six counts of first-degree intentional homicide on Wednesday for driving his SUV into a crowd of Christmas parade attendees in Waukesha, Wisconsin, last November, killing six people and wounding dozens more.

He faces a mandatory sentence of life in prison for the convictions.

Brooks, 40, also was convicted of 61 counts of recklessly endangering safety with the use of a dangerous weapon, six counts of fatal hit and run, two counts of felony bail jumping and one count of misdemeanor domestic battery – a clean sweep for the prosecution.

Brooks represented himself in court and has been combative throughout the trial, repeatedly speaking over the judge to make inane and outlandish arguments. Yet as the stream of guilty verdicts were read Wednesday, he looked down, put his head on his hands and sat silently.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/26/us/wauke ... ium=social
As close as Bumper Car Brooks got to a sensible argument was the inference that the SUV malfunctioned and he couldn't stop it from running over people. He talked about a recall on the car and inferred it was pertinent. The prosecution shot that down.

I say 'inference" because Bumper Car Boy never proved that the SUV was malfunctioning or explained why if it was he didn't just drive it into a lamp post instead of running over several dozen more people. His flight after the crime was also incriminating.
Dave from down under

Sovcit nutz

Post by Dave from down under »

When is sentencing?
Suranis

Sovcit nutz

Post by Suranis »

arayder wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:00 pm As close as Bumper Car Brooks got to a sensible argument was the inference that the SUV malfunctioned and he couldn't stop it from running over people. He talked about a recall on the car and inferred it was pertinent. The prosecution shot that down.

I say 'inference" because Bumper Car Boy never proved that the SUV was malfunctioning or explained why if it was he didn't just drive it into a lamp post instead of running over several dozen more people. His flight after the crime was also incriminating.
Ya, but from what the Lawyers were saying he was trying to use it as part of a "Brady" argument - that the Prosecution knew that car type was defective and had a flaw that resulted in the brakes not working, therefore they should have given that information to the Defense, so Mistrial and he can go home Puhleze.

It didn't work because (a) it was stupid (b) the Prosecution was ready for this to be brought up and shot down all suggestion that this car could have had this flaw as the cars had been recalled for a certain age of car, and since the car was 10 years old and not had a problem, it could not have been affected by this flaw.
Hic sunt dracones
arayder

Sovcit nutz

Post by arayder »

Suranis wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:49 pm
arayder wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:00 pm As close as Bumper Car Brooks got to a sensible argument was the inference that the SUV malfunctioned and he couldn't stop it from running over people. He talked about a recall on the car and inferred it was pertinent. The prosecution shot that down.

Ya, but from what the Lawyers were saying he was trying to use it as part of a "Brady" argument - that the Prosecution knew that car type was defective and had a flaw that resulted in the brakes not working, therefore they should have given that information to the Defense, so Mistrial and he can go home Puhleze.

It didn't work because (a) it was stupid (b) the Prosecution was ready for this to be brought up and shot down all suggestion that this car could have had this flaw as the cars had been recalled for a certain age of car, and since the car was 10 years old and not had a problem, it could not have been affected by this flaw.
It didn't help Bumper Car Boy's case that the film showed him zig zagging through the crowd so as to hit as many people as possible.

On a side note, as the verdict starts to be read you can hear somebody in the gallery shout out, "You burn in hell you piece of sh*t!" upon which the judge has the the shouter removed.
sad-cafe

Sovcit nutz

Post by sad-cafe »

0 remorse

his closing statement he said his conscious was clear although he didn't understand why it was "god's will to have him act that way"

mother fucker deserves to die painfully.

after the first verdict was read, someone in the courtroom yelled "burn in hell you piece of shit"

course 'Judge shut that down quick but I would love to have seen it.

some speculate it might have been Nicolas Kirby. I think Kirby would take him out in an instant. That kid is someone you want on your side if you were going to a survivalist type of activity where you gotta build all your stuff and plan things out, I would want Kirby on my side for sure :)
Uninformed

Sovcit nutz

Post by Uninformed »

Watching some/most of the extensive video recordings of the “open court” parts of the Brooks case available on YouTube could, given the inevitable outcome, be thought of as a waste of time. What I found compelling was watching Brooks changing his approach/behaviour in a forlorn attempt to prevent/delay the proceedings. I believe part of him thought he could “get off” due to a number of different reasons nothing to do with his culpability.
His obvious disdain or utter disregard for the feelings of the affected witnesses was appalling and his willingness and ability to lie in a situation where it was practically impossible to avoid detection was stunning. I don’t know if he has any redeeming features whatsoever, or the correct/appropriate clinical diagnoses of his apparent multitude of mental issues.
I have never seen such a malignant character in action trying to avoid accountability for what appears to have been the devastating results of a fit of rage/panic. (Might be worth mentioning that I think when he saw the LEO(s) controlling the parade route he assumed (because everything is about him) they were there to arrest him.)
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
sad-cafe

Sovcit nutz

Post by sad-cafe »

Dave from down under wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:42 pm When is sentencing?
Victim impact statements Nov 15 sentencing Nov 16

and he has trial in Milwaukee late Nov also. That one is for beating and running over and then intimidating and threatening his ex-
Dave from down under

Sovcit nutz

Thanks!

May he rot in jail forever
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Sovcit nutz

Post by Luke »

It's the FINALE of "GROUNDS: THE DARRELL BROOKS SENTENCING SHOW!"

This actually went pretty quickly with all the election news... tomorrow's hearing will be live-streamed as usual. Wonder how Darrell's going to be looking and if he's still going to bring up Subject Matter Jurisdiction and his other SovCit games. Over the course of two days, 45 victims will verbally read victim impact statements. Nine of them will be children. Judge Dorow has ordered the faces of minors will not be shown publicly unless their parent allows. Each speaker will get five minutes to read their statement. Brooks gave the court a list of nine people expected to speak on his behalf, including relatives and his mother Dawn Woods. His grandmother gave WISN 12 News she plans to read over Zoom on Brooks' behalf*.

Roughly 45 victims expected to give impact statements at Darrell Brooks sentencing
By: Michele Fiore Twitter Posted: Nov 14, 2022 7:56 PM CST

WAUKESHA, Wis. (CBS 58) -- The sentencing hearing for Darrell Brooks in the Waukesha Christmas parade massacre starts Tuesday, Nov. 15. Victims taking the stand have been given strict instructions on how to proceed. Roughly 45 victims have impact statements. We spoke to one of the youngest who says it's not going to be an easy thing to do, but he's ready to join the others in court and let Darrell Brooks know together, Waukesha remains strong. Tuesday's an important day for roughly 45 victims, including nine children, once again facing Darrell Brooks, the man who killed six, physically injured dozens of others and emotionally scarred an entire community. Darrell Brooks questioned one witness in court, saying, "Do you recall in your interview with law enforcement that evening stating that you thought it was possibly a gun?" "Yes," said Christopher Bertram in court on Oct. 21, 2022.

Like the criminal case, the sentencing hearing's also being livestreamed. Darrell Brooks questioned another witness, "Do you recall how that SUV looked at that time?" "It was smashed to smithereens," said Deanne Aldrich, in court on the same date. Most victims will be reading their impact statements in court, allowed to have one or two people stand beside them for support. "Kind of nerve-wracking. I don't think I'll get a lot of sleep tonight, but you know," said Tyler Pudleiner, survivor. A year later, this high school senior's still nursing an injured leg. Even now, Tyler Pudleiner's having trouble forming the words he'll say in court. He says the statement can't be attacking in nature. Obviously with the antics that have been shown across the past month, I'm kind of assuming it'll go in one ear and go right out the other, but at least it'll be said and it'll be somewhat heard," said Pudleiner.

"That impact statement is their own voice. They weren't allotted a voice when this truck came barreling down in the middle of a parade," said Janice Gorden, with Victims of Milwaukee Violence. Gorden says reliving that horrible day can send a victim's recovery back to the beginning but writing out their feelings is important in the healing process. "Nobody's sure how it's supposed to be done. There's no expert on writing that. Just write and as they're writing, they'll cross out and keep what they want in the statement," said Gorden. Pudleiner's memories are vague from the day the red SUV plowed into a crowd full of Christmas revelers on a quaint street in downtown Waukesha, striking the Waukesha band Pudleiner was marching with. Pudleiner's established a not-for-profit to benefit those who've experienced trauma. It's called The Bobbleheads Together Project, and for more information, you can email bobbleheadsbringustogether@gmail.com. The Darrell Brooks trial was first anticipated to go just two weeks. It stretched to three. Now, sentencing is expected to last a day-and-a-half.
https://www.cbs58.com/news/roughly-45-v ... sentencing

Darrell Brooks' sentencing: What to expect
By Sam Kraemer Published November 13, 2022 6:46PM Updated 9:14PM

WAUKESHA, Wis. - Darrell Brooks was tried and convicted on all 76 counts in the Waukesha Christmas parade attack. On Tuesday and Wednesday, Nov. 15 and 16, Waukesha County Judge Jennifer Dorow will sentence Brooks. Brooks will never be a free man again. First-degree intentional homicide carries a mandatory life sentence in Wisconsin, and the jury found Brooks guilty on six counts. Judge Dorow has discretion over the other 70 counts, a decision that will come after victims have their chance to speak.

All October long, the spotlight and priority were his, but come Tuesday, the scale tips back toward the victims of the Waukesha Christmas parade attack. "No one is really hearing their story, and so I think these types of sentencing proceedings really create a window of opportunity for the folks that have had to sit there for weeks and weeks," said Jon Cross, University of Wisconsin Law School professor. The Waukesha County District Attorney's Office said 36 people plan to speak or enter a written statement describing how Brooks' actions have impacted their lives. "For the victims, for the people who are going to be speaking, it can be really intense," said Gross.

Gross said the big question isn't whether Brooks' sentence will be harsh but whether Brooks has any chance at parole, especially after a trial full of delays and disruptions. "His behavior during the trial has done nothing to help his case that he should be made eligible for parole, at the very least," said Gross. Brooks said he also has people that will speak on his behalf. Then Judge Dorow will sentence him and explain her reasoning for the 70 other charges. Gross said he expects a heavy sentence given the impact this crime had on all of Waukesha. "When it's something high-profile like this, I think judges have an additional kind of weight to help people heal and help the community to move on," said Gross. Judge Dorow set Tuesday aside to hear as many speakers as possible before she's expected to render her decision Wednesday.

Brooks faces the consecutive six life sentences plus 859 years in prison.
https://www.fox6now.com/news/darrell-br ... ade-attack

* Here's that statement:
Darrell Brooks' grandmother's impact statement for sentencing hearing
Brooks was convicted of killing six people and injuring more than 60 others in the Waukesha Christmas Parade
Updated: 10:00 PM CST Nov 14, 2022

This is the statement Darrell Brooks' grandmother plans to read over Zoom during his sentencing hearing:

My name is Dr. Mary Darlene Edwards. I am the grandmother of Darrell Edward Brooks, Jr. I asked to be here today for two reasons.

First, from the bottom of my heart, I want to offer my sincere apology to the families of those who have lost their precious grandmothers, the family of the little boy, and to all whose lives have been damaged by this overwhelming tragedy, a tragedy caused by my grandson. As a minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, I want to give you this promise from the scriptures, "Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted."

My prayer is that you will not be like the man who drank poison and hoped his enemy would die. Unforgiveness is a horrible disease just like mental illness.

Truly, there have been many losses because of this tragedy. Darrell's mother has lost a son. I have lost a grandson. Darrell’s children have lost a father. And Darrell has lost his mind and his life in the outside world.

When you look at Darrell, you see a monster. I can understand that. However, when I look at Darrell I see a grandson whom I love, who is a deeply troubled soul… and who needs help. Sadly, I have more than one generation of bipolar people in my family. More than once, I have heard them say, "People just won't listen to us." I believe my grandson's behavior, including his voice, should get the attention of the powers that be, near and far, to address mental health issues in ways that will make a critical difference. Truly, we must start with the younger generations. Darrell has lived with bipolar disorder since the age of 12 and that disorder drove his impulses. It is my prayer that he be treated for this illness and managed in a facility that addresses mental health concerns. That he will receive help and not punishment.

Finally, I am 80 years old and have been an ordained minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ for 47 of those 80 years. God has used my life to revitalize an entire community on the eastside of Detroit called "Ravendale." For this work, I have received a "Thousand Points of Light Award" (107th) from former President George H. W. Bush, Sr. This work was done under the leadership of my late husband, Rev. Eddie K. Edwards. I share this information, not to boast, but rather to let you know I care about people and their wellbeing. My work can be viewed in the Legacy Library at the University of Michigan.

Presently, there is a church in Detroit planning to establish a mental health clinic in the Ravendale Community, honoring Rev. Edwards and myself. Without hesitation, I will support this effort and do everything I can to help those struggling with mental health issues. I also have now become a certified mental health coach since this great tragedy.

It is my prayer and my belief that God will hear the cries of all impacted by this terrible tragedy. It is also my prayer that He will hear the cries of the mentally ill. Again, it is my prayer that Darrell Edward Brooks, Jr. will get help and not punishment.

Thank you.
https://www.wisn.com/article/darrell-br ... g/41960865
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Volkonski
Verified:

Sovcit nutz

Post by Volkonski »

Man who killed 6 in Waukesha Christmas parade gets life in prison without parole

https://news.google.com/topics/CAAqIggK ... id=US%3Aen
Waukesha County Circuit Judge Jennifer Dorow sentenced 40-year-old Darrell Brooks Jr. on 76 charges, including six counts of first-degree intentional homicide and 61 counts of reckless endangerment.

Each homicide count carried a mandatory life sentence, and the only uncertainty Wednesday was whether Dorow would allow Brooks to serve any portion of those sentences on extended supervision in the community, the state's current version of parole. She did not. Wisconsin doesn't have the death penalty.
arayder

Sovcit nutz

Post by arayder »

Volkonski wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:45 pm Man who killed 6 in Waukesha Christmas parade gets life in prison without parole

https://news.google.com/topics/CAAqIggK ... id=US%3Aen
Waukesha County Circuit Judge Jennifer Dorow sentenced 40-year-old Darrell Brooks Jr. on 76 charges, including six counts of first-degree intentional homicide and 61 counts of reckless endangerment.

Each homicide count carried a mandatory life sentence, and the only uncertainty Wednesday was whether Dorow would allow Brooks to serve any portion of those sentences on extended supervision in the community, the state's current version of parole. She did not. Wisconsin doesn't have the death penalty.
How about for a few minutes being mistakenly being left alone in the general population of the prison?
MaryContrary

Sovcit nutz

Post by MaryContrary »

Does anyone remember where sovcits would register their names to try to claim copyright?

I was trying to explain to someone about this and I honestly can’t remember exactly how the idiots did it. Then how they would try to say that court cases against them were no longer valid because they used their name or something. Ending, of course, in a bazillion million dollar windfall lawsuit.

How I am forgetting sovcit details I will never know. I think I may have found a person in the mist of turning sovcit.

Thanks all and hope you are doing well
Dave from down under

Sovcit nutz

If not from a scam site, then they probably just made it up.

I can find the URL of an Australian reformed sovcit if that is of help. He has articles on how he stopped being a sovcit

Return to “Other weirdos”