Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Sovcit nutz

These people are weird, but we like to find out what weird people are doing and thinking. It's a hobby.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Sovcit nutz

Post by Frater I*I »

MaryContrary wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:58 pm :snippity:
There are a few ways, the most common I've seen is they write up a declaration like this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/komj0rxj3axpl ... 5.pdf?dl=0

Then they file it with the county clerk or registrar.
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
MaryContrary

Sovcit nutz

Post by MaryContrary »

Dave from down under wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:56 pm If not from a scam site, then they probably just made it up.

I can find the URL of an Australian reformed sovcit if that is of help. He has articles on how he stopped being a sovcit
——————-
For some reason I feel like US sovcits tried to register their name in South Dakota or something. I can’t even remember which idiot sovcit was pushing this either. I feel like douchette was one of them. So many sovcits so little time. Lol
MaryContrary

Sovcit nutz

Post by MaryContrary »

I found something in the “old Fogbow” under tertagejdjdjf (I can’t remember how to spell his name. That ‘living man’ guy. He registered his in Minnesota. Minnesota =\= South Dakota in the least. Sorta close.
Suranis

Sovcit nutz

Post by Suranis »

MaryContrary wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:58 pm Does anyone remember where sovcits would register their names to try to claim copyright?

I was trying to explain to someone about this and I honestly can’t remember exactly how the idiots did it. Then how they would try to say that court cases against them were no longer valid because they used their name or something. Ending, of course, in a bazillion million dollar windfall lawsuit.

How I am forgetting sovcit details I will never know. I think I may have found a person in the mist of turning sovcit.

Thanks all and hope you are doing well
Well, this is a Shro'dingers Cat (RIP) video starring a guy who believes he cannot he arrested because he copyrighted his name, and a cop who is having none of it.

Hic sunt dracones
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Sovcit nutz

Post by keith »

Geeze, that cop trying to get the VIN is extraordinarily, supercalifragilistaly, patient.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Gregg

Sovcit nutz

Post by Gregg »

MaryContrary wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:25 pm
Dave from down under wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:56 pm If not from a scam site, then they probably just made it up.

I can find the URL of an Australian reformed sovcit if that is of help. He has articles on how he stopped being a sovcit
——————-
For some reason I feel like US sovcits tried to register their name in South Dakota or something. I can’t even remember which idiot sovcit was pushing this either. I feel like douchette was one of them. So many sovcits so little time. Lol
David Merrill Van Pelt (I shudder that uttering his name may summon him) wrote, at length, about the procedure, importance, methods and what not of filing more garbage than I can list in this lifetime with your local county "evidence register" or, the county clerk.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Sovcit nutz

Post by RTH10260 »

Cognitive disonance - relying on organisational structures of a organisation one despises to define ones own alternate reality. :cantlook:
Arthurwankspittle

Sovcit nutz

Post by Arthurwankspittle »

MaryContrary wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:44 pm I found something in the “old Fogbow” under tertagejdjdjf (I can’t remember how to spell his name. That ‘living man’ guy. He registered his in Minnesota. Minnesota =\= South Dakota in the least. Sorta close.
Ernie Tertelgte I think.
noblepa

Sovcit nutz

Post by noblepa »

MaryContrary wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:58 pm Does anyone remember where sovcits would register their names to try to claim copyright?

I was trying to explain to someone about this and I honestly can’t remember exactly how the idiots did it. Then how they would try to say that court cases against them were no longer valid because they used their name or something. Ending, of course, in a bazillion million dollar windfall lawsuit.

How I am forgetting sovcit details I will never know. I think I may have found a person in the mist of turning sovcit.

Thanks all and hope you are doing well
My memory of this is also a little fuzzy, but I'll give it a shot.

I think that they claimed copyright on their name. If anyone, anywhere, used their name, they would send that person, organization or court a bill for some ridiculously large amount, say $100,000, for each occurrence. If a court document used his/her name five times, the court would receive a bill for $500k. They would then refuse to participate in the proceedings unless/until the court paid up.

I think that there was a variation on the them in which they would file a letter (can't even really call it a motion) with the court, in which they unilaterally "dismissed" the case against themselves, on the grounds that their name had been used without permission.

IANAL, but it is my understanding that copyright is almost automatic, for most things. If I take a photograph, I own the copyright. It gets a little tricky trying to enforce it if I don't register it with Patent and Trademark office. I believe someone actually tried to submit the paperwork to formally copyright their name, only to have the request refused on the grounds that the law does not allow you to copyright a name.

Needless to say, no court (or anyone else, for that matter) has ever accepted this cockamamie notion.
noblepa

Sovcit nutz

Post by noblepa »

keith wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:07 pm Geeze, that cop trying to get the VIN is extraordinarily, supercalifragilistaly, patient.
Sovcits (and other self-important egotists) never learn that you never, ever argue the law with the arresting office. Even if it turns out you are right about the law covering your offense, you may find yourself facing a resisting arrest or obstruction of justice charge.

The place to argue the law is, of course, in court, before a judge.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Sovcit nutz

Post by northland10 »

MaryContrary wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:44 pm I found something in the “old Fogbow” under tertagejdjdjf (I can’t remember how to spell his name. That ‘living man’ guy. He registered his in Minnesota. Minnesota =\= South Dakota in the least. Sorta close.
My only response is "Hello Mary, good to see post again"
101010 :towel:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Sovcit nutz

Post by Foggy »

I didn't think up my name, so I admit I neglected to copyright it at the time. :blackeye:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
MaryContrary

Sovcit nutz

Post by MaryContrary »

Arthurwankspittle wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:27 am
Ernie Tertelgte I think.
That’s his name! By the time I switched from old Foggy’s back over here I completely forgot. Switching screens apparently reboots my brain
MaryContrary

Sovcit nutz

Post by MaryContrary »

northland10 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:31 pm
My only response is "Hello Mary, good to see post again"
Hello to you! I’m still here from time to time. Haven’t had much to input but I’m always lurking about.
Resume18

Sovcit nutz

Post by Resume18 »

Aussie Sovcits murder two cops.
https://www.crikey.com.au/2022/12/14/qu ... n-citizen/
Experts have warned about the violent potential of Australians expressing anti-government sentiment and espousing sovereign citizen ideology, as Queensland police flag an investigation into the Wieambilla shooters’ online activity.

On Tuesday, Queensland Police commissioner Katarina Carroll told the ABC that police are looking into the web history of Gareth and Nathaniel Train, the two gunmen who killed three people, including two police officers, on a remote property in Queensland’s Western Downs.

An online user who went by the name “Gareth Train” was an active participant in Australian fringe conspiracy forums and websites. The account had frequently posted paranoid, bizarre comments that showed anti-vaccine, anti-government and anti-police views.
This infection is getting worse.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Sovcit nutz

Post by keith »

Resume18 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:35 pm Aussie Sovcits murder two cops.
https://www.crikey.com.au/2022/12/14/qu ... n-citizen/
Experts have warned about the violent potential of Australians expressing anti-government sentiment and espousing sovereign citizen ideology, as Queensland police flag an investigation into the Wieambilla shooters’ online activity.

On Tuesday, Queensland Police commissioner Katarina Carroll told the ABC that police are looking into the web history of Gareth and Nathaniel Train, the two gunmen who killed three people, including two police officers, on a remote property in Queensland’s Western Downs.

An online user who went by the name “Gareth Train” was an active participant in Australian fringe conspiracy forums and websites. The account had frequently posted paranoid, bizarre comments that showed anti-vaccine, anti-government and anti-police views.
This infection is getting worse.
For more on this story, see the 'Another Shooting' thread.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Dave from down under

Sovcit nutz

Post by Dave from down under »

Dave from down under

Sovcit nutz

Post by Dave from down under »

And even more - 3 sovcit anti vaxxer etc killers
And gun nutz…
Who is surprised?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-12-17/ ... /101783696

A camouflage-clad Nathaniel Train, driving a black 4WD carrying loaded guns and military knives, broke through the NSW border gate into Queensland in December last year.

Key points:

A Talwood farmer says he saw Nathaniel Train dispose of items in a creek and later found loaded weapons
After towing his car from floodwaters, the farmer says Train borrowed his phone and spoke in code to someone
The 2021 border breach was reported to Queensland police 12 months before the deadly police shoot out
The COVID-19 border breach — along with other evidence that the former school principal potentially broke laws relating to the possession and disposal of weapons during the same incident — was reported to Queensland police less than a year before Train was involved in a deadly shooting that resulted in the deaths of two young police constables.

<lots more at link>
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Sovcit nutz

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/moori ... r-AA15HNem
Moorish Americans take over a rural gun range, sparking a strange showdown

WELCOME, Md. — The complaints about the property on Fire Tower Road were urgent but not too far out of the ordinary in this rural stretch of Southern Maryland: Earsplitting gunfire, endangered cows, a stray bullet that pierced a neighbor’s equipment shed.

But that was before the would-be heirs to a mythical North African empire moved in, claiming their dominion extends not only over the lost island of Atlantis but also over five acres in Charles County.

The episode began when gun enthusiasts started getting together on Sundays for target practice at the wooded property of 64-year-old Byron Bell.

As the gatherings grew bigger, along with the caliber of weapons and the number of rounds discharged, they drew the ire of neighbors even in this sparsely populated and gun-friendly area.

Yet it was after county officials took action, deeming the site an unlawful firing range and filing an injunction to stop it from operating in September, that events took several unexpected turns. That was when a group calling itself Moorish Americans — an offshoot of the extremist “sovereign citizen” movement whose members believe they are immune from dealings with U.S. legal and financial systems — essentially took over the range, declaring it “protected under the consular jurisdiction of Morocco.”

There followed arrests, flurries of spurious legal documents and hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines, all to the accompaniment of what neighbors describe as an ongoing din of gunfire on weekends. Things escalated last week when sheriff’s deputies raided the property, seizing what Bell said were about a dozen firearms.
No violation of 4 Para Rule cuz of one sentence paragraphs. :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Sovcit nutz

Post by Foggy »

! Message from: Foggy
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:21 am No violation of 4 Para Rule cuz of one sentence paragraphs. :biggrin:
:fingerwag:

There is no 4 paragraph rule. Check out the Fogbow Rools if you doubt me.

It's all gone.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Tiredretiredlawyer

Sovcit nutz

:groupdance:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Sovcit nutz

Post by Flatpoint High »

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jan-six-r ... -of-prison
And increasingly, sovereign citizen legal tactics have found their way into cases related to the Jan. 6 Capitol attack. At least 11 defendants have deployed what experts describe as sovereign citizen talking points, either during their arrests, their trials, or even after pleading guilty.

“The sovereign citizen ideology is essentially that ‘You don’t have power over me, you don’t have control of me. The law doesn’t apply to me. The government is nonexistent,’” Christine Sarteschi, an associate professor of social work and criminology at Chatham University told The Daily Beast. “And if they could, they would essentially like to overthrow the government.”

:snippity:
:snippity:

In court, she has claimed divine immunity from laws. “I do not stand under the law,” Bauer told a judge last year. “Under Genesis 1, God gave man dominion over the law.”

Strange though the argument was, it wasn’t Bauer’s invention. She learned it from Bobby Lawrence, a Pennsylvania man who’s built a following by preaching a fantasy legal theory that he describes as “American state nationalism.”

Like many orbiters of the sovereign citizen world, Lawrence insists his teachings are not related to the sovereign movement. “By and large everyone equates us to sovereign citizens,” he told The Daily Beast. “That’s how the public looks at it. They don’t realize there’s a difference between a national and a city-zen. City-zen. Municipal public servant. Break down the word: city, zen, ship. Municipal servant in admiralty.”
:brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Suranis

Sovcit nutz

Post by Suranis »

He orbits around the actual root of the word then slingshots past Saturn

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/citizen#h1
Etymology
Middle English citizein, from Anglo-French citezein, alteration of citeien, from cité city.

First Known Use
14th century, in the meaning defined at sense 2:

2: an inhabitant of a city or town
especially : one entitled to the rights and privileges of a freeman
Hic sunt dracones
Tiredretiredlawyer

Sovcit nutz

"City, zen, ship" invokes admiralty according to the "Not a sovereign citizen" above.

How does that affect fellowship, companionship, sportsmanship, presidentship, censorship? :confuzzled:
sugar magnolia

Sovcit nutz

Post by sugar magnolia »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:11 am "City, zen, ship" invokes admiralty according to the "Not a sovereign citizen" above.

How does that affect fellowship, companionship, sportsmanship, presidentship, censorship? :confuzzled:
The last time I fell on a boat I said "ow" too.

Return to “Other weirdos”