Sovcit nutz

These people are weird, but we like to find out what weird people are doing and thinking. It's a hobby.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: Sovcit nutz

Post by raison de arizona »

pipistrelle wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:50 pm
Resume18 wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:17 am
roadscholar wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:30 pm The official folks should be supplied with an actually responsive answer to these mooks. To wit:

“You are not the only American with rights. Other people have rights, and our facility’s rules (e.g. no video recording allowed) are designed to protect them.”
Very good.
I saw one trying to take video of government-run women’s shelter and pretending not to understand why video isn’t allowed. Appalling.
:explode:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

For completeness, a lot of them don't need to pretend. They understand almost nothing except their desire to do anything they feel like doing.

It's as if their mental development stopped at age two.
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

pipistrelle wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:50 pm
Resume18 wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:17 am
roadscholar wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:30 pm The official folks should be supplied with an actually responsive answer to these mooks. To wit:

“You are not the only American with rights. Other people have rights, and our facility’s rules (e.g. no video recording allowed) are designed to protect them.”
Very good.
I saw one trying to take video of government-run women’s shelter and pretending not to understand why video isn’t allowed. Appalling.
Then there's that one imbecile in LA that videos folks dining al fresco because they're on a public sidewalk. I'm not sure which of my rights he's protecting, but I suspect he's just being an asshole.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

There was a couple that tried to film inside a needle exchange place as well.
Hic sunt dracones
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

roadscholar wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:59 pm For completion, a lot of them don't need to pretend. They understand almost nothing except their desire to do anything they feel like doing.

It's as if their mental development stopped at age two.
FIFY
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Russel Jay Gould, man with the magical idiotic language (quantum grammar):

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Russell-Jay: Gould in now-space he-self-person, normal-void-join in a construct, beneficiary-inheritor-master of QUANTUM-POSTAL-BANKING-SYSTEM-TREATY-CONCEPTS, former-past-times described-elucidated by-for-with: in-past-living-breathing-talking-space in-now-worm-space, void-join now-dead-silent-space David-Not-Wynn-Er:: Miller,, contractual-void-join, idiot-moron-bore. Sovereign-flesh-beings: special-join marks-victims-losers by-now-space-internet-also-globe-sphere-spanning-web-mesh able-can-mode issue-send dollars-currency. In-future-not-now-later-space,, Russell-Jay::, Gould possible-probable-permissible modal-join might:remit-return paper-parchment signifier-indicator of-for status-position normal-join Postmaster-Nutjob-Space to-intended-purpose hang-display on-attached vertical-flat-surface, quantum-join domestic-familial, now-abode-residence.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

I'm going to need an inhaler or something stronger. ba duh ba duh ba duh
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:07 am Russell-Jay: Gould in now-space he-self-person, normal-void-join in a construct, beneficiary-inheritor-master of QUANTUM-POSTAL-BANKING-SYSTEM-TREATY-CONCEPTS, former-past-times described-elucidated by-for-with: in-past-living-breathing-talking-space in-now-worm-space, void-join now-dead-silent-space David-Not-Wynn-Er:: Miller,, contractual-void-join, idiot-moron-bore. Sovereign-flesh-beings: special-join marks-victims-losers by-now-space-internet-also-globe-sphere-spanning-web-mesh able-can-mode issue-send dollars-currency. In-future-not-now-later-space,, Russell-Jay::, Gould possible-probable-permissible modal-join might:remit-return paper-parchment signifier-indicator of-for status-position normal-join Postmaster-Nutjob-Space to-intended-purpose hang-display on-attached vertical-flat-surface, quantum-join domestic-familial, now-abode-residence.
At last a clear, concise, and I must add poetic exposition of the situation extant. It is like a veil has been lifted. Thank you.
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

On one episode of Court Cam there was a fellow who must have been a devotée of R J Gould... he tried addressing the Judge in exactly that form.

Judge was Not Amused, but amazingly tolerant of the old guy.
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Gould and Miller's nonsense is so impenetrable any manifestly crackpot that it they threatened anybody or tried to overthrow of the government, nobody would know!

Most sovcits adopt a "cargo cult" veneer of legal and government tropes: fancy crests, turgid prose, Latin phrases, flags, badges, postage stamps, contracts, etc. The Quantum-Grammar-Postmaster-Bullshit gang are unusual in inventing/adopting something with no clear connection to the real world.

Perhaps it's more magical thinking: "I can't understand legal and government verbiage but I see that it gives them power over me … so if I produce argle-bargle that they can't understand I will gain the same sort of power over them!"

Bizarre.
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

roadscholar wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:44 am On one episode of Court Cam there was a fellow who must have been a devotée of R J Gould... he tried addressing the Judge in exactly that form.

Judge was Not Amused, but amazingly tolerant of the old guy.
This guy?

filmed with potato.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I looked up Millers wiki page last night, and there was some info about the guy who was his "Clerk." I include the next para as its about our friend here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Wynn_Miller
Associates and legacy

One of Miller's associates, Leighton Ward, who worked as a "clerk" for Miller's "Federal Postal court", set up his own venture, "The Advocacy for consumer rights", in Arizona. Ward purported to help his clients change the terms of their mortgages and get refunds through the use of Miller's language. He also engaged in paper terrorism against a family, using "judgements" issued by Miller's "Federal Postal court". Ward was arrested in May 2017 and charged with various offenses, including fraudulent schemes and artifices and creating false documents. During his trial, he persisted in using Miller's language in his documents and oral arguments, despite being repeatedly admonished by the court to communicate in a comprehensible fashion. The court eventually revoked his self-representation. In August 2018, he was sentenced to 23 1/2 years in prison.

In August 2017, after Miller suffered a heart attack, one of his longtime collaborators, Russell Jay Gould, published a video in which he purported to "court martial" Miller and to remove his authority as a "judge". The website of Miller's "Federal Postal court" later went offline. Gould has since continued using the "Quantum Grammar" created by Miller, taking part in judicial proceedings and claiming to be the "postmaster-general of the world"
Hic sunt dracones
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Want to watch an idiot drink his own piss? Here you go. If you want a good twitter follow for sovcits follow @VerigoKennLove.
Baidn

Post by Baidn »

The bandage on the second guys head makes it seem like a bad soap opera plot where a once talented doctor suffered a traumatic brain injury and became a quack...
"...don't teach a man to fish. He's a grown man and fishings not that hard." Ron Swanson the worlds only good libertarian
raison de arizona

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

He, Louis Holger Eklund, is in prison for stalking officials responsible for a report to the child services that he had abandoned his infant son. Another SovCit who starts with CPS issues (well, probably issues before that triggered CPS issues).

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/crime-c ... -official/

https://www.justice.gov/usao-ak/pr/kotz ... t-stalking

Indictment for the stalking charges
https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/ ... eklund.pdf
101010 :towel:
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

Suranis wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:39 pm I looked up Millers wiki page last night, and there was some info about the guy who was his "Clerk." I include the next para as its about our friend here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Wynn_Miller
Associates and legacy

One of Miller's associates, Leighton Ward, who worked as a "clerk" for Miller's "Federal Postal court", set up his own venture, "The Advocacy for consumer rights", in Arizona. Ward purported to help his clients change the terms of their mortgages and get refunds through the use of Miller's language. He also engaged in paper terrorism against a family, using "judgements" issued by Miller's "Federal Postal court". Ward was arrested in May 2017 and charged with various offenses, including fraudulent schemes and artifices and creating false documents. During his trial, he persisted in using Miller's language in his documents and oral arguments, despite being repeatedly admonished by the court to communicate in a comprehensible fashion. The court eventually revoked his self-representation. In August 2018, he was sentenced to 23 1/2 years in prison.

In August 2017, after Miller suffered a heart attack, one of his longtime collaborators, Russell Jay Gould, published a video in which he purported to "court martial" Miller and to remove his authority as a "judge". The website of Miller's "Federal Postal court" later went offline. Gould has since continued using the "Quantum Grammar" created by Miller, taking part in judicial proceedings and claiming to be the "postmaster-general of the world"
Here’s a video of Leighton Ward up against a real lawyer who isn’t playing any of his games

raison de arizona

He tried to get legal title to his jail cell. I guess so he could release himself? I dunno. I bet some of those 22 documents are fun.
Thomas Washamis a Pennsylvania prisoner and a frequent pro se litigant. In this case, he filed what the District Court docketed as a habeas petition but later treated as a non-habeas complaint. Washam’s complaint consisted of 22 documents, some of which were captioned for a Pennsylvania state court. It appears from these documents that Washam filed a state-court complaint against prison employees who allegedly refused to notarize a “trust transfer deed” that Washam believed would give him legal title to his jail cell. It further appears that Washam filed this civil action after the state-court defendants did not respond. His documents captioned for federal court, with titles such as “local action for equitable conversion” and “notice of condemnation,” appear to seek an order transferring ownership of his jail cell to him.

A Magistrate Judge recommended dismissing Washam’s complaint for failure to comply with Fed. R. Civ. P. 8 but granting him leave to amend. Washam then filed a series of documents consisting largely of frivolous Sovereign-Citizen-like arguments and legal jargon that was by turns inapposite and indecipherable. The District Court ultimately adopted the Magistrate Judge’s recommendation to dismiss Washam’s complaint for failure to comply with Rule 8, but it dismissed his complaint without leave to amend because it found from his later filings that amendment would be futile.

Washam appeals. We review for abuse of discretion both the dismissal of a complaint under Rule 8 and the denial of leave to amend. SeeGarrett v. Wexford Health, 938 F.3d 69, 89, 91 (3d Cir. 2019), cert. denied, 140 S. Ct. 1611 (2020). The District Court did not abuse its discretion in this case. Although the court was able to piece together the general subject matter of Washam’s complaint, dismissal under Rule 8 ultimately was within the court’s discretion because it permissibly concluded that the complaint was “so confused, ambiguous, vague or otherwise unintelligible” as to provide insufficient notice of any specific claims.Id.at 94 (quotation marks omitted). The complaint also did not set forth any plausible claim to relief. Seeid.at 92-93. Similarly, we see no abuse of discretion in the dismissal of Washam’s complaint without leave to amend. The District Court permissibly concluded from Washam’s numerous filings that amendment would be futile, and Washam’s filings on appeal tend only to confirm that conclusion.

For these reasons, we will affirm the judgment of the District Court. Our ruling is without prejudice to Washam’s ability to pursue whatever remedies he may be seeking in state court. We express no opinion on that issue. Washam’s motions in this Court are denied.
https://law.justia.com/cases/federal/ap ... 05-04.html
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:cantlook: time share ownership a new way of financing prison building :thumbsup:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/self- ... uxbndlbing
Self-proclaimed 'sovereign citizens' arrested in California after deputies allegedly find explosives

Three people claiming to be "sovereign citizens" were arrested Saturday morning after live ammunition and explosives were found in a vehicle they were driving and at their remote compound, according to the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department.

Deputies had conducted a traffic stop for suspected vehicle code violations Saturday just after 10 a.m. PT on a Ford Taurus near Joshua Tree National Park, a press release from the sheriff's department said. Inside the car were David Russell, 50, and Jeffery Russell, 46, who identified themselves to the deputies as sovereign citizens. Sovereign citizens are a fringe group whose members consider themselves exempt from U.S. law and who sometimes use violent tactics to justify their beliefs, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Authorities said a records check showed that the two men were prohibited from possessing and owning firearms. Deputies found "live ammunition, black gun powder, and an improvised military-grade explosive device" inside the car, they said, adding that the explosive device was safely disposed of.

Deputies then obtained a search warrant for a property in Johnson Valley, California, the community where the Russells reside. They discovered more military-grade explosives and ammunition, as well as firearms, at the compound; a woman at the compound, Venus Mooney, 54, was arrested.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
northland10

Post by northland10 »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:51 pm https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/self- ... uxbndlbing
Self-proclaimed 'sovereign citizens' arrested in California after deputies allegedly find explosives

... who identified themselves to the deputies as sovereign citizens.
These dudes need to keep up. The full term 'Sovereign Citizen' is no longer in brand. They don't like that term because they think it's a misnomer (you can't be sovereign and a citizen, blah blah blah). Of course, part of branding is to shorten terms so they decided to go with Sovereign instead.

That term is not quite right for them either but I assume they decided against a shorter and more descriptive term:
► Show Spoiler
northland10

Post by northland10 »

From another article on the out-of-brand SovCits (sorry for the slightly longer post but I was getting their past offenses in and it was a bit long).

https://hidesertstar.com/news/182849/up ... on-valley/
:snippity:
Sheriff’s records state Jeffery Russell is being held on suspicion of being a felon in possession of ammunition and of possession of a controlled substance while armed. David Russell is being held on suspicion of being a felon in possession of ammunition. Mooney is jailed on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance while armed.

All three are tentatively scheduled to be formally charged in court Tuesday morning.

County superior court records indicate that Jeffrey Russell also goes by the names Denneth Daniel Russell and Kenneth Daniel Russell.

He was charged with driving on a suspended license, driving an unregistered vehicle and public drunkenness in four cases in 2019. The cases were all dismissed in February 2021 at a court appearance where Russell was ordered to bring proof of completion of a rehabilitation program.

He was charged with driving without a license and driving without a seatbelt in 2021 and failed to appear in court in a case that remains active.

Possession of drugs and drug paraphernalia and driving without a license in two 2021 cases that also remain active.

Failure to wear a seatbelt and failure to appear in court in 1998 charges that were ultimately dismissed May 9 of this year in Hesperia.

In Riverside County court, he pleaded guilty to felony receiving stolen property in 2010 and two felony charges of drug possession in 2010. For the drug conviction, he also admitted he committed that crime while on bail for another allegation and had been in prison for a separate crime within the past five years.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Definitely touristy.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Rick Wilson
@TheRickWilson
You had me at "remote compound"
Tom Namako
@TomNamako
Three people claiming to be "sovereign citizens" were arrested Saturday morning after live ammunition and explosives were found in a vehicle they were driving and at their remote compound.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.

Return to “Other weirdos”