Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

It sucks growing old

jez
Verified: ✅ Medicated

It sucks growing old

Post by jez »

Squish and ultrasound are done. Everything is fine. More than likely it's a medication that I'm taken that is causing the issue of concern. So, all good until next year's squish.
“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
AndyinPA
Verified:

It sucks growing old

Post by AndyinPA »

:thumbsup: :bighug:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Annrc
Verified:

It sucks growing old

Post by Annrc »

:biggrin:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

It sucks growing old

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:dance:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Phoenix520
Verified:

It sucks growing old

Post by Phoenix520 »

Whew
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

It sucks growing old

Post by Foggy »

Good. :smoking:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
John Thomas8

It sucks growing old

Post by John Thomas8 »

Is it just 61 year old me or is fall back affecting anyone else more as they age?

I've been off all freakin' week and it's quite unpleasant.
Annrc
Verified:

It sucks growing old

Post by Annrc »

I’m right there with you!
John Thomas8

It sucks growing old

Post by John Thomas8 »

Annrc wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:01 pm I’m right there with you!
I work overnights on the weekends, so it added an hour to one of my shifts (the opposite happens in the spring so no whining about that) so I have a weird sleep pattern anyway, but I'm thinking the past 3-4 years the fall back has been progressively getting worse. Blergh.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

It sucks growing old

Post by Frater I*I »

John Thomas8 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:59 pm Is it just 61 year old me or is fall back affecting anyone else more as they age?

I'm 46....so not as far along...but....

I have traditionally work vampire hours for decades so, the sun has little meaning to me... :biggrin:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
John Thomas8

It sucks growing old

Post by John Thomas8 »

Frater I*I wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:16 pm
John Thomas8 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:59 pm Is it just 61 year old me or is fall back affecting anyone else more as they age?

I'm 46....so not as far along...but....

I have traditionally work vampire hours for decades so, the sun has little meaning to me... :biggrin:
I prefer working overnight (did many combat training and live combats at night, worked overnight since 2006), it's the fall back that has jacked me up.
humblescribe
Verified:

It sucks growing old

Post by humblescribe »

I'm three score and nine. Maybe because I have risen with daylight the past 40 years, but really no ill effects for me or my wife. Oh, Sunday morning is a little funky, but Monday morning my clock seems to have adjusted well enough.

Of course falling asleep around 10PM most nights might help easing into the transition. I've been lucky to have employment that is fairly close to home, so there hasn't been a need to stick to a rigid schedule in the mornings in order to get to work on time.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
W. Kevin Vicklund

It sucks growing old

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

I got today off, so I decided to keep to my old schedule until today and take the long weekend to adjust.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

It sucks growing old

Post by bill_g »

Who's got the new phone number to SWA (Stubborn Women of America)? I need to lodge a formal complaint with their union.

Mrs has not eaten in two days. She barely drinks a half liter of water a day. She's nauseous, congested and coughing, but not strong enough to expel any of the bubble gum in her lungs, can't get out of bed without help, her hands are quaking, AND she won't let me take her to the doctor.

UGH!
MN-Skeptic

It sucks growing old

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Do you have an oxygen sensor?
sugar magnolia

It sucks growing old

Post by sugar magnolia »

bill_g wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:44 am Who's got the new phone number to SWA (Stubborn Women of America)? I need to lodge a formal complaint with their union.

Mrs has not eaten in two days. She barely drinks a half liter of water a day. She's nauseous, congested and coughing, but not strong enough to expel any of the bubble gum in her lungs, can't get out of bed without help, her hands are quaking, AND she won't let me take her to the doctor.

UGH!
Give it another couple of days until she passes out and then call the ambulance. She can't argue if she's unconscious.
Reddog

It sucks growing old

Post by Reddog »

sugar magnolia wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:31 am
bill_g wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:44 am Who's got the new phone number to SWA (Stubborn Women of America)? I need to lodge a formal complaint with their union.

UGH!
Give it another couple of days until she passes out and then call the ambulance. She can't argue if she's unconscious.
IANAD. I would call the Doctor’s office and describe the symptoms. If there’s something going around they would know, and be able to advise on whether it’s potentially serious or not from the described symptoms. We’re on great terms with our doctor (unfortunately he’s retiring at the end of the year).

I guess I wouldn’t wait to see if she passes out.
Mrich

It sucks growing old

Post by Mrich »

Do you think she has RSV? I've been fighting it for a couple weeks and that's how I feel. I have had good luck with Tussin DM and using an Albuterol inhaler. Also I have a humidifier in the bedroom.
MN-Skeptic

It sucks growing old

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Totally not a doctor, but could be be pneumonia? That's serious. From the Mayo Clinic website -

Symptoms

The signs and symptoms of pneumonia vary from mild to severe, depending on factors such as the type of germ causing the infection, and your age and overall health. Mild signs and symptoms often are similar to those of a cold or flu, but they last longer.

Signs and symptoms of pneumonia may include:

Chest pain when you breathe or cough
Confusion or changes in mental awareness (in adults age 65 and older)
Cough, which may produce phlegm
Fatigue
Fever, sweating and shaking chills
Lower than normal body temperature (in adults older than age 65 and people with weak immune systems)
Nausea, vomiting or diarrhea
Shortness of breath

Newborns and infants may not show any sign of the infection. Or they may vomit, have a fever and cough, appear restless or tired and without energy, or have difficulty breathing and eating.

When to see a doctor

See your doctor if you have difficulty breathing, chest pain, persistent fever of 102 F (39 C) or higher, or persistent cough, especially if you're coughing up pus.

It's especially important that people in these high-risk groups see a doctor:

Adults older than age 65
Children younger than age 2 with signs and symptoms
People with an underlying health condition or weakened immune system
People receiving chemotherapy or taking medication that suppresses the immune system

For some older adults and people with heart failure or chronic lung problems, pneumonia can quickly become a life-threatening condition.
W. Kevin Vicklund

It sucks growing old

Just got off the phone with my BIL. My sister collapsed this evening but was able to call 9-1-1. She and my niece :thor: are at the hospital (Valkyrie is fine, but you don't leave an infant home alone). A friend is with them and my BIL could hear my sister talking in the background. He was an hour away on business and was driving to the hospital when he called me. Other than she is "fine" we don't know anything yet. We had been texting about Christmas plans right before she collapsed.
AndyinPA
Verified:

It sucks growing old

Post by AndyinPA »

Hope all is well.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
W. Kevin Vicklund

It sucks growing old

BIL is there, sister's face, jaw, and nose hurt (obviously she faceplanted when she fell) and they have her in a neck brace as a precautionary measure, but her vitals are good. Still waiting for doc.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

It sucks growing old

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:bighug:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Phoenix520
Verified:

It sucks growing old

Post by Phoenix520 »

Bill, does your doctor make house calls? If pneumonia, get her help no matter what she says. Call an ambulance anyway. Bill, speaking from recent experience, pneumonia is no joke. Call the ambulance.
AndyinPA
Verified:

It sucks growing old

Post by AndyinPA »

Hubby had it four years ago. I had no clue. He had been acting strangely, had a cough, but not bad. I finally made him go to the doctor; they called an ambulance, and he was admitted. The doctor at the hospital said 24 hours later he probably wouldn't have made it.

Return to “Whatever Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”