Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Covid-19 Numbers

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
Atticus Finch

Re: Covid-19 Numbers

Post by Atticus Finch »

I reckon by July 4th we will reach 1 million deaths. Not bad for a hoax/flu.
You don't need religion to have morals. If you can't determine right from wrong then you lack empathy, not religion.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Volkonski wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:46 pm https:// twitter.com/Laurie_Garrett/status/1470492712277356544?s=20
The numbers don't lie: it's about the unvaccinated.
All Swiss news sources reflect the same: essentially all ICU beds are taken by the unvaccinated. First voices urging to review the ethics on triage, eg kick out unvaccinated in favour of other urgent cases.

ETA. "kick out" may be to hard a statement, but to consider deferred placement.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

The unvaccinated are not getting this message. Faux noise, etc., are not giving them this information.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Mark the day. The US is at 65% 5 years old and up vaccinated. Vaccinations are picking up again. Idiots.

From the CDC:
Screen Shot 2021-12-16 at 7.05.24 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-12-16 at 7.05.24 PM.png (377.38 KiB) Viewed 2490 times
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

The Associated Press
@AP
The omicron-fueled surge of COVID-19 cases in the U.S. is putting children in the hospital in close to record numbers. Experts lament that most of the youngsters aren’t vaccinated, despite the shots being available for kids older than 5.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Lani

Post by Lani »

Volkonski wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:05 pm :snippity:

The Associated Press
@AP
The omicron-fueled surge of COVID-19 cases in the U.S. is putting children in the hospital in close to record numbers. Experts lament that most of the youngsters aren’t vaccinated, despite the shots being available for kids older than 5.
So much for the claim that children will only have mild illness.

I read a report this morning (which I now can't find) that the number of children hospitalized is rapidly rising. And too many people, all ages, will never fully recover.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

WTF USA.
BNO Newsroom
@BNODesk
·
Dec 30, 2021
BREAKING: U.S. reports more than 500,000 new coronavirus cases, with some states yet to report
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

We just have to get used to it. With Omicron, the numbers are going to go through the roof.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Lani

Post by Lani »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:33 pm We just have to get used to it. With Omicron, the numbers are going to go through the roof.
:( Yep.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I'm triple-vaxed, wearing a(n upgraded N-95)* mask in public, gloves at the store and practicing social distancing to the max, but I'm not hiding in the house anymore.** My heart goes out to the healthcare industry and the children who have idiots for parents, but my doctor has assured me I'm not the problem.

*I found a stash at Lowes and stocked up.
**Offer not valid at movie theaters, crowded indoor restaurants and public transportation.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
tek

Post by tek »

Why we're fucked, exhibit 857:

A colleague was on vacation two weeks ago on some caribbean island.
Gets COVID.
Positive test, feeling crappy.
Takes multiple tests until he manages to get a negative result. Beeline for the airport, ice-packs in his carry-on so he can ice his forehead before any temperature checks.
Flies home, goes immediately to bed.

And he's proud of this.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

tek wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:08 am Why we're fucked, exhibit 857:

A colleague was on vacation two weeks ago on some caribbean island.
Gets COVID.
Positive test, feeling crappy.
Takes multiple tests until he manages to get a negative result. Beeline for the airport, ice-packs in his carry-on so he can ice his forehead before any temperature checks.
Flies home, goes immediately to bed.

And he's proud of this.
Criminal. Should be.

Also:
Screen Shot 2021-12-31 at 1.40.33 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-12-31 at 1.40.33 PM.png (101.09 KiB) Viewed 1982 times
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... -the-world
Two years ago today, as New Year’s Eve fireworks lit up skies across the world, news reached the World Health Organization (WHO) about an outbreak of “pneumonia” in Wuhan, China, the cause of which was unknown.

There had been several cases in December and possibly as far back as November in the region. But the subsequent WHO announcement was the first time that the world at large was made aware of its existence.

At first the announcement garnered little public attention: like the fireworks that had preceded the announcement, fears of potential diseases usually just flared then faded. But as it turned out the disease that came to be known as Covid-19 was something entirely different.

In the two years that followed, more than 5 million people worldwide have lost their lives to the virus; “lockdown” has become part of the world’s common vocabulary and governments and their citizens are still waiting for a “new normal” to emerge.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

tek, you didn't say whether your guy was vaxed (double x's are against my religion).

I assume not, or you wouldn't be so disgusted.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Foggy wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:34 pm tek, you didn't say whether your guy was vaxed (double x's are against my religion).

I assume not, or you wouldn't be so disgusted.
He might have just been a selfish asshole who decided a cruise would be a good idea and didn't care if he brought a breakthrough case home with him, too, because he's "tired of being cooped up at home."
tek

Post by tek »

Off Topic
I don't actually know if he's been vax'd. He certainly should have been, given that he's a supply-chain consultant who spends a lot of time with vendors.

But he is definitely an RWNJ AND an asshole. He and I absolutely never discuss politics at work, and I never socially interact with him.
Unfortunately he's pretty good at what he does, and I've worked with him off and on over the last 20 years. Luckily not currently working with him. After this adventure I'll hopefully not have to work with him again.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

COVID was again the leading cause of death among U.S. law enforcement in 2021

https://www.npr.org/2022/01/12/10724118 ... witter.com
Last year was the deadliest for active-duty law enforcement in nearly a century, with COVID-19 identified as the leading cause of death for the second year in a row.

Some 458 local, state, tribal and federal officers died in the line of duty in 2021, according to a preliminary report from the National Law Enforcement Memorial and Museum (NLEOMF). That makes an increase of 55% from the previous year's tally of 295, and the highest total number since 1930.

Police officers and unions put up a fight against vaccine mandates for public workers
"This year's statistics demonstrate that America's front-line law enforcement officers continue to battle the deadly effects of the Covid-19 pandemic nationwide," the report reads. "Preliminary data shows that some 301 officer fatalities have been identified as caused by Covid this year, and this number appears to increase almost daily."
Guess that there is some truth to the news stories saying significant numbers of LEOs resist Covid vaccination. :(
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Volkonski wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:41 pm COVID was again the leading cause of death among U.S. law enforcement in 2021

https://www.npr.org/2022/01/12/10724118 ... witter.com
Last year was the deadliest for active-duty law enforcement in nearly a century, with COVID-19 identified as the leading cause of death for the second year in a row.

Some 458 local, state, tribal and federal officers died in the line of duty in 2021, according to a preliminary report from the National Law Enforcement Memorial and Museum (NLEOMF). That makes an increase of 55% from the previous year's tally of 295, and the highest total number since 1930.

Police officers and unions put up a fight against vaccine mandates for public workers
"This year's statistics demonstrate that America's front-line law enforcement officers continue to battle the deadly effects of the Covid-19 pandemic nationwide," the report reads. "Preliminary data shows that some 301 officer fatalities have been identified as caused by Covid this year, and this number appears to increase almost daily."
Guess that there is some truth to the news stories saying significant numbers of LEOs resist Covid vaccination. :(
My cop friend has covid right now. She was first in line to get her vaccines, and has 2 boosters. This is also her second break through case. Even vaxxed up, you can't avoid the unvaxxed assholes.

That's not to say there isn't a high incidence of the cops themselves being the unvaxxed assholes.

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”