Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Manafort

These people suck. They are bad people.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Manafort

Post by Frater I*I »

Kendra wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:01 pm Library got copies of his damn book. I have borrowed, who know how much I'll read, but not tonight. Let me know if anyone wants quotes.
I'm not gonna ask you to torture yourself into reading that swill for quotes, but what ever you're willing to share for as long as you can stomach it...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Kendra

Manafort

Post by Kendra »

Frater I*I wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:22 pm
Kendra wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:01 pm Library got copies of his damn book. I have borrowed, who know how much I'll read, but not tonight. Let me know if anyone wants quotes.
I'm not gonna ask you to torture yourself into reading that swill for quotes, but what ever you're willing to share for as long as you can stomach it...
:lol:

We'll see what tomorrow may bring.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Manafort

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Same here
Kendra

Manafort

Post by Kendra »

37% in, not ready to share all yet, but what a mess of poor pitiful me, all a big lie and conspiracy and repetition. Had him go on and on over the Fusion GPS and how it all came about and then the nasty Hillary people took it over. Then he blathers on about it AGAIN in the next chapter. Long, long chapter about his doings in Ukraine and why he was the good guy (so was Kilimnik) and why the ledger listing the cash payments was fake. Now I'm a couple of chapters later and he's talking about the ledger again.

Oh, and all that Russia investigation was after a big pow wow in the WH and Obama ordered the intelligence agencies to pick up the pace or something like that. I thought DOJ acted independently except during tfg's time in office.

It's all about :horse: and poor, poor pitiful me.

I would very much like to have someone like Daniel Dale read this and fact check it :prettyplease:
Kendra

Manafort

Post by Kendra »

In fact, during my trial, George Soros was funding groups to have people stand in front of the Federal courthouse holding signs that said “Traitor,” “Go back to Russia,” and “Putin Puppet.” Truth was not relevant. One-liners to tweet were the coin of the realm.
Any reporter who spots that white haired gentleman who has been at so many trials with his traitor sign, please ask him if Soros paid him.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Manafort

Post by keith »

Kendra wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:42 pm :snippity:
I would very much like to have someone like Daniel Dale read this and fact check it :prettyplease:
Maybe Sean Penn could do the audio book?
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Kendra

Manafort

Post by Kendra »

keith wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:12 pm
I dunno, who was the actor who did that hilarious audio take on the Fifty Shades book?
Kendra

Manafort

Post by Kendra »

Here we go on some quotes:
► Show Spoiler
keith

Manafort

Post by keith »

Kendra wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:25 pm
keith wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:12 pm
I dunno, who was the actor who did that hilarious audio take on the Fifty Shades book?
Dunno, but Penn is the one who (unwittingly and IMHO) absolutly destroyed the Bob Dylan bio. That hot mess got serialized on Melbourne radio stations for like a year, finishing on one station, then starting up on another, seemingly forever.
Kendra

Manafort

Post by Kendra »

I do not recall that story. May have to dig into it when I'm in the mood.

Meanwhile, about 50% in and the most hated peeps in Manafort's life;

Andrew Weissman
Corey Lewandowski

It's late and I'm drawing a blank on the others. More later when :oldlady: gets her memory back.

Oh, and remember all those nice protesters with signs out on the streets (and who are still protesting on the streets during the J6 trials), including the nice gentleman with the Santa Claus beard? Did you all know that Soros was paying them? Yes, indeedy!
► Show Spoiler
Oh, and he runs into some old acquaintance in a CVS and cries his tales of woe and mean old Weissman and his days with Enron and gets this advice:
► Show Spoiler
Suranis

Manafort

Post by Suranis »

Kendra wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:31 pm This was a Republican majority committee at the time amiright?
Yeah, July 2019. A 4 volume report.

https://www.vox.com/2019/7/25/8930616/s ... -50-states
Hic sunt dracones
keith

Manafort

Post by keith »

Manafort is claiming complete innocence now?

OK, lots of folks who are convicted of felonies continue to claim innocence.

But didn't he accept a pardon?

And doesn't accepting a pardon include the admission of guilt?

So is he going to return his pardon then?
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Manafort

Post by Maybenaut »

keith wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:41 am Manafort is claiming complete innocence now?

Maybe. There’s an old Supreme Court case (I’m blanking on the name right now) that implies that, but I don’t think it says it explicitly. IIRC, the issue was whether the government could force a person to accept a pardon. I don’t recall which way the Supreme Court came down, but I remember reading the case when Trump was pardoning people and everyone was saying that by accepting the pardon they were admitting guilt. As I recall, the Supreme Court listed a bunch of reasons why someone would not want a pardon, including that accepting one would be construed as an admission of guilt. But I doubt they intended it as an absolute.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
noblepa

Manafort

Post by noblepa »

keith wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:41 am Manafort is claiming complete innocence now?

I don't think that there is any legal requirement to explicitly accept guilt as a condition of accepting a pardon, but that certainly has been the traditional interpretation. I believe I have heard of one or two cases in which a convicted felon declined a pardon, because, to do so would be admitting guilt.

You can bet your bottom dollar that, if President Biden ever pardons someone who could even remotely be considered political, the QOP will be all over Faux News saying "See, he/she admits it!".
Kendra

Manafort

Post by Kendra »

I'll post some more once I wake up (thank goodness for standard time and an extra hour of sleep!), but this stood out to me yesterday while he droned on and on about his first (or was it second?) trial:
Of course, the bank officer that I dealt with didn’t testify in my defense because he was threatened with an indictment if he didn’t cooperate with the prosecution.
He mentioned this bit at least two times, but IIRC, isn't this the bank officer who was under scrutiny because he was just hot to get a job in the Trump admin? Which Manafort does NOT mention.
Kendra

Manafort

Post by Kendra »

@kylegriffin1
NBC News confirms: Paul Manafort has agreed to a $3.15 million settlement with the Justice Department over unreported interest in foreign bank accounts.
@NBCNews
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Manafort

Post by raison de arizona »

tfg's new campaign advisor, thought he hardly knew him? If what Hunter did is worth impeaching Joe Biden over, what is what Manafort did worth?
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Manafort

Post by raison de arizona »

Way to go, WaPo. The media are the goddam problem.
Jon Cooper @joncoopertweets wrote: I guess “criticized” is another way to say “sentenced to six years in federal prison after pleading guilty to several federal crimes.”
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Manafort

Post by Flatpoint High »

and no drunk reading!!!!
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Manafort

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:rotflmao:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”