Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Manafort

These people suck. They are bad people.
Volkonski
Verified:

Manafort

Post by Volkonski »

Josh Gerstein
@joshgerstein
JUST IN: Chicago-based Federal Savings Bank foreclosing on Paul Manafort's NY Hamptons home, worth $7 million. Same bank whose founder faces federal charge for allegedly seeking bribe of Trump admin job to issue loan. Suit: https://bit.ly/3lpw67S
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Re: Manafort

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

filly

Post by filly »

I am intrigued by this story.
filly

Post by filly »

:think:
filly

Post by filly »

(CNN)The FBI is conducting "law enforcement activity" at the Washington, DC, home of Russia oligarch Oleg Deripaska, according to an FBI spokesman.

The activity is connected to a federal investigation out of New York, the spokesperson but could not provide any more information. A source familiar with the matter said the investigation has been "ongoing" but also provided no further details.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/19/politics ... index.html
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

filly

Post by filly »

So Twitter has been saying that Kellyanne and George live right next door to Deripaska's joint in DC. I guess they do:

:P
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

From 8/4/16

Secret Ledger in Ukraine Lists Cash for Donald Trump’s Campaign Chief
KIEV, Ukraine — On a leafy side street off Independence Square in Kiev is an office used for years by Donald J. Trump’s campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, when he consulted for Ukraine’s ruling political party. His furniture and personal items were still there as recently as May.

And Mr. Manafort’s presence remains elsewhere here in the capital, where government investigators examining secret records have found his name, as well as companies he sought business with, as they try to untangle a corrupt network they say was used to loot Ukrainian assets and influence elections during the administration of Mr. Manafort’s main client, former President Viktor F. Yanukovych.

Handwritten ledgers show $12.7 million in undisclosed cash payments designated for Mr. Manafort from Mr. Yanukovych’s pro-Russian political party from 2007 to 2012, according to Ukraine’s newly formed National Anti-Corruption Bureau. Investigators assert that the disbursements were part of an illegal off-the-books system whose recipients also included election officials.

In addition, criminal prosecutors are investigating a group of offshore shell companies that helped members of Mr. Yanukovych’s inner circle finance their lavish lifestyles, including a palatial presidential residence with a private zoo, golf course and tennis court. Among the hundreds of murky transactions these companies engaged in was an $18 million deal to sell Ukrainian cable television assets to a partnership put together by Mr. Manafort and a Russian oligarch, Oleg Deripaska, a close ally of President Vladimir V. Putin.

Mr. Manafort’s involvement with moneyed interests in Russia and Ukraine had previously come to light. But as American relationships there become a rising issue in the presidential campaign — from Mr. Trump’s favorable statements about Mr. Putin and his annexation of Crimea to the suspected Russian hacking of Democrats’ emails — an examination of Mr. Manafort’s activities offers new details of how he mixed politics and business out of public view and benefited from powerful interests now under scrutiny by the new government in Kiev.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/15/us/po ... .html?_r=0
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

If this leads to Manafort being arrested for tax fraud, or whatev, it would make my day.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

No OSG to bail him out this time.
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:06 pm If this leads to Manafort being arrested for tax fraud, or whatev, it would make my day.
I hope it leads back to the OSG himself

7/18/16

Trump campaign guts GOP’s anti-Russia stance on Ukraine
The Trump campaign worked behind the scenes last week to make sure the new Republican platform won’t call for giving weapons to Ukraine to fight Russian and rebel forces, contradicting the view of almost all Republican foreign policy leaders in Washington.

Throughout the campaign, Trump has been dismissive of calls for supporting the Ukraine government as it fights an ongoing Russian-led intervention. Trump’s campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, worked as a lobbyist for the Russian-backed former Ukrainian president Viktor Yanukovych for more than a decade.

Still, Republican delegates at last week’s national security committee platform meeting in Cleveland were surprised when the Trump campaign orchestrated a set of events to make sure that the GOP would not pledge to give Ukraine the weapons it has been asking for from the United States.

Inside the meeting, Diana Denman, a platform committee member from Texas who was a Ted Cruz supporter, proposed a platform amendment that would call for maintaining or increasing sanctions against Russia, increasing aid for Ukraine and “providing lethal defensive weapons” to the Ukrainian military.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ ... c65257ef92
filly

Post by filly »

I think this about sanctions violations and/or money laundering.
Lani

Post by Lani »

Back in the 2016 campaign & the Fogbow V1, I posted a lot about Deripaska & Manafort. Very pro Trump and Putin, draining Ukraine of its resources. I had a long list of people involved with Manafort & Deripaska, including Parnas and the Trump family.

It's all gone now :crying: But I'm very happy that something is being done about those people.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

2016 - that was the time when Dear Leader was courting Putin...
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

:thumbsup:

only thing unusual is that he didn't get away with it...
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:o He didn't know how to request a presidental pardon :?:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Well isn’t this interesting. If true.
KNEWZ EXCLUSIVE: Paul Manafort Denied Flight To Dubai Over Revoked Passport

Former Donald Trump presidential campaign chair and once-convicted felon Paul Manafort was removed from a Miami flight bound for Dubai on March 20, officials confirmed.

Manafort was convicted in federal court of tax and bank fraud and ordered to serve a term in prison. He was released in May 2020 and pardoned by Trump before he left office in December 2020.

Officials with Miami-Dade police confirmed to Knewz.com that Manafort was denied travel by the Customs and Bureau Protection at Miami International Airport. Police said he could not take the flight and his U.S. Passport was revoked.
:snippity:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ar-AAVnzeR

Is this true? I dunno. It’s an MSN link, so that lends credibility. But I can’t verify it anywhere and I’ve never heard of this KNEWZ thing, so I question it. :shrug:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

I saw somewhere that KNEWZ is Rupert Murdoch affiliated.
Edit: Yup, News Corp aggregator per Wikipedia.
Image Image Image Image
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I hope more information on that comes down the pike. I was wondering how he made it as far as the plane, but, yeah, I could see that happening at a US airport.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
filly

Post by filly »

AndyinPA wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:39 am I hope more information on that comes down the pike. I was wondering how he made it as far as the plane, but, yeah, I could see that happening at a US airport.
That's my question too. Also.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

So, is there something actually going on here, or did he simply assume that his passport was automatically reinstated with the pardon?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Chilidog wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:57 am So, is there something actually going on here, or did he simply assume that his passport was automatically reinstated with the pardon?
I'm wondering the same thing, hope we get more info.

:?: :?: :?: What business does everyone think he had in Dubai? I saw chatter on one of the Twitter threads about this that there's Russian Oligarchs hanging out in Dubai these days.

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”