Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Roger Stone

These people suck. They are bad people.
Kendra

Re: Roger Stone

Post by Kendra »

:popcorn:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investig ... n-mueller/
As Roger Stone prepared to stand trial in 2019, complaining he was under pressure from federal prosecutors to incriminate Donald Trump, a close ally of the president repeatedly assured Stone that “the boss” would likely grant him clemency if he were convicted, a recording shows.

At an event at a Trump property that October, Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) predicted that Stone would be found guilty at his trial in Washington the following month but would not “do a day” in prison. Gaetz was apparently unaware they were being recorded by documentary filmmakers following Stone, who special counsel Robert S. Mueller III had charged with obstruction of a congressional investigation.

“The boss still has a very favorable view of you,” said Gaetz, stressing that the president had “said it directly.” He also said, “I don’t think the big guy can let you go down for this.”

Gaetz at one point told Stone he was working on getting him a pardon but was hesitant to say more backstage at the event, in which speakers were being filmed for online broadcast. “Since there are many, many recording devices around right now, I do not feel in a position to speak freely about the work I’ve already done on that subject,” Gaetz said.
Lots, lots more at the link.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Kendra wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:31 am :popcorn:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investig ... n-mueller/
As Roger Stone prepared to stand trial in 2019, complaining he was under pressure from federal prosecutors to incriminate Donald Trump, a close ally of the president repeatedly assured Stone that “the boss” would likely grant him clemency if he were convicted, a recording shows.

At an event at a Trump property that October, Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) predicted that Stone would be found guilty at his trial in Washington the following month but would not “do a day” in prison. Gaetz was apparently unaware they were being recorded by documentary filmmakers following Stone, who special counsel Robert S. Mueller III had charged with obstruction of a congressional investigation.

“The boss still has a very favorable view of you,” said Gaetz, stressing that the president had “said it directly.” He also said, “I don’t think the big guy can let you go down for this.”

Gaetz at one point told Stone he was working on getting him a pardon but was hesitant to say more backstage at the event, in which speakers were being filmed for online broadcast. “Since there are many, many recording devices around right now, I do not feel in a position to speak freely about the work I’ve already done on that subject,” Gaetz said.
Lots, lots more at the link.
The audio
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

My brain read that as, "Da boss has a veeery favorable view of ya......capice?"
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

xposting, thanks Orly! I think. :biggrin:
orlylicious wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:57 am Here's a visual image most everybody here will be thrilled to imagine, but for the squeamish, it's in spoiler :lol:
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

My brain is conflicted. In part, it wants bleached and the other part wants to know what "inmate messages" with Roger Stone means.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:?: Does Stone still have any social media we can look at to see if he's gone silent and blowing back at all this?
raison de arizona

Kendra wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:00 pm :?: Does Stone still have any social media we can look at to see if he's gone silent and blowing back at all this?
He's fairly active on Telegram, I'll take a peek there.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Alex Jones and Roger stone?

:eek:

well it’s a good thing that no offspring will ensue from that.
raison de arizona

3AF9067D-3EA0-4C15-998B-2E6A61237D2E.jpeg
3AF9067D-3EA0-4C15-998B-2E6A61237D2E.jpeg (168.41 KiB) Viewed 1672 times
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Thanks!
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Jones has been spewing in Infowas all morning. FWIW He says Stone is going to be on show "at the top of the hour." Which is now.
raison de arizona

p0rtia wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:16 pm Jones has been spewing in Infowas all morning. FWIW He says Stone is going to be on show "at the top of the hour." Which is now.
Jones must be apoplectic. Stone must be close behind.

:thumbsup:
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Inquiring minds want to know: How does Roger Stone know what's in Alex Jones' texts?
raison de arizona

SuzieC wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:37 pm Inquiring minds want to know: How does Roger Stone know what's in Alex Jones' texts?
Well, presumably we are talking about the "intimate messages" Jones exchanged with Stone, so Stone would be on the receiving end.

So to speak.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

:cantlook:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I'm confused. Is Stone saying people who hate liberals are going to be disappointed or liberals who...hate(?) are going to be disappointed, because it sounds like the first, but I'd bet he means the second.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:40 pm
SuzieC wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:37 pm Inquiring minds want to know: How does Roger Stone know what's in Alex Jones' texts?
Well, presumably we are talking about the "intimate messages" Jones exchanged with Stone, so Stone would be on the receiving end.

So to speak.
unless he’s pitching a new scheme….
bob

Post by bob »

neonzx wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:52 pm My brain is conflicted. In part, it wants bleached and the other part wants to know what "inmate messages" with Roger Stone means.
The author was being too clever by half.

Jones was claiming the messages were confidential and protected by some sort of legally recognized privilege.

But that's not true. So, to avoid a legal-sounding word often used in non-legal settings, the author chose a non-legal word that is occasionally used in ... other situations.
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona

Exclusive: The Truth About the Alex Jones Phone Records
Emergency protective order reveals emails showing lawyers not given approval to use material in court as it would violate attorney client privilege.

An emergency protective order motion has been filed in the Alex Jones case relating to claims in court that lawyers had inadvertently obtained years worth of Jones’ phone records, with emails showing Plaintiffs had not been given approval to use the material in court as it would violate attorney client privilege.
:snippity:
However, according to an Emergency Motion for Enforcement of Protective Order filed by Jones’ lawyers, they did not given permission for the files, which only span a 6 month period from the end of 2019 through early 2020 and do not represent “an entire digital copy” of the cellphone, to be entered into evidence in court.

“The file transfer link, however, inadvertently gave Plaintiffs access to dozens of other folders as well, including confidential documents, such as the medical records of Sandy Hook Parents who are Plaintiffs in the Connecticut litigation and other documents subject to various privileges, including attorney-client and work product,” states the motion.

An email shows that the issue was raised by Bankston, who told Jones’ attorneys in an email that the files contained “confidential information.”

“My assumption is now that you did not intend to send us this? Let me know if I’m correct,” he enquired.

Bankston was told by Jones’ attorney F. Andino Reynal to “disregard the link.”
:snippity:
https://summit.news/2022/08/04/exclusiv ... e-records/

Moar including email images at link.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

And too also, how does he know what's NOT in them?
Has everybody heard about the bird?
raison de arizona

Some Telegrams.

Ok, this sounds sober. Crazy, but calm.
03D4207A-4758-48FD-91A0-095714596F80.png
03D4207A-4758-48FD-91A0-095714596F80.png (425.6 KiB) Viewed 1446 times
Alright, holding it together…
0ED35F84-038D-4AAA-AF87-91A0AC42E7AA.jpeg
0ED35F84-038D-4AAA-AF87-91A0AC42E7AA.jpeg (302.52 KiB) Viewed 1446 times
And, there we go.
C18D66F0-5C61-4ACF-8165-E68CFD894310.png
C18D66F0-5C61-4ACF-8165-E68CFD894310.png (450.52 KiB) Viewed 1446 times
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Stone isn’t in a position to mock someone else’s appearance.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

:yeahthat:
raison de arizona

Stone has thoughts regarding Jones’ choice of legal representation.
► Show Spoiler
And he apparently is rankled regarding these so-called intimate text messages.
► Show Spoiler
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:36 pm Stone has thoughts regarding Jones’ choice of legal representation.
► Show Spoiler
And he apparently is rankled regarding these so-called intimate text messages.
► Show Spoiler
the "intimate" messages were allegedly nudes of Jones' now ex-wife
https://www.insider.com/alex-jone-wife- ... one-2022-8
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”