Right Wing Low Lifes

These people suck. They are bad people.
sad-cafe

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by sad-cafe »

Volkonski wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:49 am
bill_g wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:13 pm GOP Lawmaker: I've Never Met Any Poors, So Kids Don't Need Free Lunch

"I have yet to meet a person in Minnesota that is hungry," he said.
Guess he doesn't know any public school teachers. They could tell him about hungry kids.

Having been the spouse and father of public school teachers for many years and now being the father of a child advocate who works with the courts I have heard heartbreaking stories.

For example, the 6 young siblings near here in foster care that were placed with 4 different foster families. They get together for a couple of hours once a month for a meal at a Dairy Queen or some such so they don't forget each other. They have not yet been assigned a permanent advocate so our daughter, an advocate supervisor, has been attending these meetings.

Mrs. V has had students suddenly impoverished when their father (and/or mother) ends up in jail. And good luck getting those parents to sign a report card or a permission slip.

Mrs. V was an elementary level music teacher. Her 5th grade students studied recorders. They had to buy their own thru the school for, as best I recall, $2. I helped Mrs. V with the money. The more well off parents would send their kids in with checks. The not so well off would send in two $1 bills. Quite a few would send in coins that appeared to have been scrounged from the backs of furniture or the floors of cars. So many pennies and nickels I counted.
i keep crackers in my room always
Dave from down under

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by Dave from down under »

Victoria set to ban Nazi salute, following weekend rally
29m ago
By Tom Williams

KEY EVENT
There were clashes between rival protest groups on the steps of Victoria's parliament on Saturday.

Victoria's Attorney-General Jaclyn Symes has confirmed the state will amend its laws to ban the Nazi salute, following Saturday's rally outside state parliament in Melbourne, where some men performed the gesture.

"The behaviour we saw on the weekend was disgraceful and cowardly — it's clear this symbol is being used to incite hatred not just towards Jewish people but our LGBTIQ community and other minority groups," she says in a statement.

"While we wish making these laws wasn't necessary and it will take some work, we want to be clear — we will always challenge antisemitism, hatred and racism from taking root in Victoria."

Earlier this morning Victorian opposition leader John Pesutto said he would be open to supporting a ban on the Nazi salute.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by RTH10260 »

When the difference beween an open hand and a fist becomes subject of a law suit...

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by Foggy »

We may be coming to the point where we will have to fight fascists in the streets.

Fascists, please wait until I get all my joint replacement surgeries. It's not fair to start an insurrection when the other side is hobbled by geezerhood.

Thank you in advance. :whistle:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Dave from down under

Right Wing Low Lifes

So come brothers and sisters
For the struggle carries on
The Internationale
Unites the world in song
So comrades, come rally
For this is the time and place!
The international ideal
Unites the human race
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by neonzx »

Phoenix520 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:34 pm But that’s not grooming, no sir. :roll:
Nope, no grooming, not at all. Now can we rewatch Spicymix's paid performance on Dancing with the Stars?
Gregg

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by Gregg »

Foggy wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:01 am We may be coming to the point where we will have to fight fascists in the streets.

Fascists, please wait until I get all my joint replacement surgeries. It's not fair to start an insurrection when the other side is hobbled by geezerhood.

Thank you in advance. :whistle:
When society breaks down and we go to a Mad Max Scenario I have scoped out several little pets at the Air Force Museum a mere 30 miles from the Well Armed Bunker Complex. I intend to get in quite a bit of flying while the walking dead are rooaming the ground.

There is even a cold war era missile silo control room that I'm sure could be made quite secure so I could get a good night's sleep.

Planning, kids, planning.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by Phoenix520 »

I’d like to volunteer for your brigade. I can’t fly (tho my dad was a pilot so my windshields are always clean) but I’m real good with dogs.
Gregg

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by Gregg »

Phoenix520 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:43 pm I’d like to volunteer for your brigade. I can’t fly (tho my dad was a pilot so my windshields are always clean) but I’m real good with dogs.
Ha!

If you're good with dogs, I'm sure we can find you a place. It's going to be a pretty extensive expansion of His Illuminated Majesty's Air Force. We've always wanted an SR-71, a P-51, F-16 and a B-36. :smoking:

Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by Frater I*I »

Gregg wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:34 pm
Phoenix520 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:43 pm I’d like to volunteer for your brigade. I can’t fly (tho my dad was a pilot so my windshields are always clean) but I’m real good with dogs.
Ha!

If you're good with dogs, I'm sure we can find you a place. It's going to be a pretty extensive expansion of His Illuminated Majesty's Air Force. We've always wanted an SR-71, a P-51, F-16 and a B-36. :smoking:
Hey now, I told you a long time ago I had dibs on the Peacemaker.... :fingerwag:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Gregg

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by Gregg »

Is it the only one remaining?

If I can't have it, I get the B-70.

sugar magnolia

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by sugar magnolia »

Frater I*I wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:36 pm
Gregg wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:34 pm
Ha!

Hey now, I told you a long time ago I had dibs on the Peacemaker.... :fingerwag:
I get dibs on all the Peacemaker po boys.
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by johnpcapitalist »

Gregg wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:34 pm If you're good with dogs, I'm sure we can find you a place. It's going to be a pretty extensive expansion of His Illuminated Majesty's Air Force. We've always wanted an SR-71, a P-51, F-16 and a B-36. :smoking:
I would enjoy having a "Sled" (one of the pilots' nicknames for the SR-71) in the driveway. But it's a little tough to get the thing airborne. Surprisingly, the engines aren't powerful enough to get it airborne with a full tank of fuel if they lose one engine on takeoff, and the brakes aren't powerful enough to abort a takeoff with a full fuel load before reaching V1. They needed the cubic footage for fuel, so the tires are extremely small diameter for the size of the plane, which means the brakes also have to be small diameter, and they heat up quickly given the high takeoff and landing speeds.

Sleds have to take off with minimum fuel and then rendezvous with a tanker within minutes. They then have to take on a full load of gas, which could be a real issue in windy conditions, especially with the tendency of the fuselage to catch gusts at low speeds, creating a lot of yaw given the length of the fuselage. Then they have to tank a couple more times, typically once just before crossing into hostile airspace, and then again soon after exiting (missions were planned to use the longest feasible tracks to get as much imagery as they could). Then, after tanking for the final time, you'd have to go to your base on the other side of the world. Without three different tanker aircraft supporting a mission, you'd be SOL.

The part about not being armed (except for the YF-12A variant of the related A-12, which only had air-to-air missiles and no ground attack capability, and which didn't work all that well anyway) kind of limits one's ability to project power in a Mad Max kind of world.

Finally, the Sled burns JP-7, which has a much higher flash point than standard Jet-A or JP4. It's not made any more (though small quantities of something similar are produced for hypersonic missiles). You wouldn't be able to fill up from the fuel truck at ye local general aviation airport. To ignite the fuel, you would need a bunch of triethylborane, an extremely toxic chemical that's hard to make and not much in demand anymore because its main end application was to ignite the SR-71s fuel.

In a Mad Max scenario, an Apache loaded with Hellfires would probably be a bit more useful to a former rotorcraft pilot. Or if you're more into fixed wing aircraft, the obvious choice is an A-10. Depleted uranium rounds going into iron engine blocks would result in some impressive fragmentation and fires, since hot uranium will cause steel to burn. You can land it practically anywhere, even on unprepared dirt. And the used Hog market is going to get a lot of product over the next few years after the Air Force finally retires it. All of us "Go Ugly" fans have to finally admit that the aircraft simply can't survive on the modern battlefield long enough to engage targets.
Frater I*I

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by Frater I*I »

johnpcapitalist wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:12 pm
Gregg wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:34 pm :snippity:

after the Air Force finally retires it. All of us "Go Ugly" fans have to finally admit that the aircraft simply can't survive on the modern battlefield long enough to engage targets.
And then yanks them back out of mothballs as soon as the Army and Marines come to look at getting them for their use, the Air Force is very protective of their toys.

I have to disagree with the last bit, the aircraft has show itself to be quite survivable on our modern battlefields....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Frater I*I

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by Frater I*I »

Finally, the Sled burns JP-7, which has a much higher flash point than standard Jet-A or JP4. It's not made any more (though small quantities of something similar are produced for hypersonic missiles). You wouldn't be able to fill up from the fuel truck at ye local general aviation airport. To ignite the fuel, you would need a bunch of triethylborane, an extremely toxic chemical that's hard to make and not much in demand anymore because its main end application was to ignite the SR-71s fuel.

:snippity:
And in emergencies the SR-71 could run off JP-4 [civilian equivalent Jet-B] but would have a max speed of Mach 1.5....

Trent Reznor
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by johnpcapitalist »

Frater I*I wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:18 pm I have to disagree with the last bit, the aircraft has show itself to be quite survivable on our modern battlefields....
I'll have to ask a former Hog pilot that I know for his assessment. I think the concern is that the proliferation of progressively cheaper MANPADS will allow second-tier opponents to overwhelm the A-10's chaff and flare dispensers when it's on a low altitude mission. This is also an issue with AH-64s. The old model was that the enemy would have a relatively small number of MANPADS and would only shoot one at a time. Cheaper MANPADS mean you might be able to crank out 10-12 coordinated fires at once, which could easily overwhelm the defensive systems.

The A-10 isn't likely to be that necessary in current likely scenarios against near-peer adversaries. Russia has shown it can't fight its way out of a paper bag, even if they had their pre-Ukraine tank contingent of old Soviet junk completely replaced by the allegedly super-wonderful but not actually in production T-14.

China has tanks but won't likely use them in any reasonably contemplated scenario. They're not going to be much use in an attempt to take over Taiwan, and most of their neighbors are either a long ways away or have inhospitable border terrain (India, Vietnam, Laos, etc.) where large-scale tank operations would be challenging.

The A-10 was designed to deal with a large-scale invasion of Germany through the Fulda Gap, with a high density of armored units. Maybe not in columns like the idiotic 40 km convoy on the first day of the Ukraine invasion, but concentrated in a target-rich environment. Modern battlefields with fewer tanks mean more exposure for the A-10 between targets.

Loitering munitions like the Ukrainians employ would be good choices to deal with tanks, especially as they're likely to be AI-powered in the future and could act autonomously to blow up any enemy tanks they spot in their patrol zone. By putting a human in the loop, an A-10 could go to a general mission area and take out targets without precise targeting instructions. Now, with reconnaissance drones, it's easy to vector in loitering munitions quickly when enemy tanks are found and take them out quickly and cheaply. The OODA loop would thus be traversed in minutes, not days as with 1970s and 1980s mission planning that had a 2-3 day cycle of intelligence gathering, planning, mission and battle damage assessment.
Gregg

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by Gregg »

Gregg wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:34 pm If you're good with dogs, I'm sure we can find you a place. It's going to be a pretty extensive expansion of His Illuminated Majesty's Air Force. We've always wanted an SR-71, a P-51, F-16 and a B-36. :smoking:
I would enjoy having a "Sled" (one of the pilots' nicknames for the SR-71) in the driveway. But it's a little tough to get the thing airborne. Surprisingly, the engines aren't powerful enough to get it airborne with a full tank of fuel if they lose one engine on takeoff, and the brakes aren't powerful enough to abort a takeoff with a full fuel load before reaching V1. They needed the cubic footage for fuel, so the tires are extremely small diameter for the size of the plane, which means the brakes also have to be small diameter, and they heat up quickly given the high takeoff and landing speeds.

Sleds have to take off with minimum fuel and then rendezvous with a tanker within minutes. They then have to take on a full load of gas, which could be a real issue in windy conditions, especially with the tendency of the fuselage to catch gusts at low speeds, creating a lot of yaw given the length of the fuselage. Then they have to tank a couple more times, typically once just before crossing into hostile airspace, and then again soon after exiting (missions were planned to use the longest feasible tracks to get as much imagery as they could). Then, after tanking for the final time, you'd have to go to your base on the other side of the world. Without three different tanker aircraft supporting a mission, you'd be SOL.

The part about not being armed (except for the YF-12A variant of the related A-12, which only had air-to-air missiles and no ground attack capability, and which didn't work all that well anyway) kind of limits one's ability to project power in a Mad Max kind of world.

In a Mad Max scenario, an Apache loaded with Hellfires would probably be a bit more useful to a former rotorcraft pilot. Or if you're more into fixed wing aircraft, the obvious choice is an A-10. Depleted uranium rounds going into iron engine blocks would result in some impressive fragmentation and fires, since hot uranium will cause steel to burn. You can land it practically anywhere, even on unprepared dirt. And the used Hog market is going to get a lot of product over the next few years after the Air Force finally retires it. All of us "Go Ugly" fans have to finally admit that the aircraft simply can't survive on the modern battlefield long enough to engage targets.
Ah, you don't know my mission parameters....

Habu... for the randy hell of it, I know it ain't practical
F-16 Air Superiority, cause surely I ain't the only one with this idea and there are museums and Air Force bases all over
B-36 to provide a clear field of fire (with a 250 mile radius)
and if ground attack becomes a need, I'll stick with either an AH-1 Cobra or an AH-6 Little Bird, both of which I have hundreds of hours in and will be a lot easier to keep in the air

Shame that getting that SR-71 would take a cast of dozens, and the lone surviving YF-12 is at Wright Patterson, too.

Frater I*I

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by Frater I*I »

Gregg wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:39 am
and if ground attack becomes a need, I'll stick with either an AH-1 Cobra or an AH-6 Little Bird, both of which I have hundreds of hours in and will be a lot easier to keep in the air

Go for the AH-1Z Viper...

Trent Reznor
Kendra

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by Kendra »

Sean Spicer says, despite the fact that he did a great job as Trump’s Press Secretary, reporters like Jim Acosta, Jon Karl, Brian Karem and April Ryan abused him, and the WH Correspondents Assn never once chastised them for treating him so disrespectfully.
Dave from down under

Right Wing Low Lifes

something your feelings...

perhaps they would have respected Sean if he wasn't lying all the time.
Gregg

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by Gregg »

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by raison de arizona »

:rotflmao:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Gregg

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by Gregg »

I have moar!

"Proud Boys get asses kicked at Drag Show" is the best headline ever.

pipistrelle

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by pipistrelle »

Imagine being an adult of advanced years and still identifying as a "Proud Boy." Yeah, I can't either.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Right Wing Low Lifes

Post by neonzx »

pipistrelle wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:20 pm Imagine being an adult of advanced years and still identifying as a "Proud Boy." Yeah, I can't either.
I've been saying that of them for years. Using the word "boy" as an adult. :nope:

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”