Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Corona Virus vaccination status poll

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.

What is your current vaccination status?

I had two Pfizer or Moderna and two boosters.
73%
I had 2 Pfizer or Moderna and a booster.
17%
I had 2 Pfizer and no booster.
2%
I had 2 Moderna and no booster.
2%
I had the Johnson and Johnson single shot and two boosters (mRNA Pfizer or Moderna as recommended)
6%
I had the Johnson and Johnson single shot, and a booster.
No votes
I had the Johnson and Johnson single shot, no booster.
No votes
I'm still working on getting vaccinated.
No votes
I do not plan to be vaccinated (you are welcomed to state your reasons).
No votes

Total votes: 52

Uninformed

Re: Corona Virus vaccination status poll

Post by Uninformed »

If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Done, and changed my selection in the poll. :banana:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

What if... I know "a friend" who got vaccinated twice? Allegedly he got vaccinated with Moderna last winter and again with Pfizer a few months ago.
Il factotum
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

I was vaccinated with 2 Moderna, and got a Pfizer booster, so I guess your friend just got extra boosted. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Image Image Image Image
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I'm going to get my booster next week, I think. I had two Moderna; I'm still deciding between that and Pfizer, but I don't think it will really matter much.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

I just got my Pfizer booster, too. I waited until I had a couple of days with nothing going on in case I get side effects.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

zekeb wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:44 pm What if... I know "a friend" who got vaccinated twice? Allegedly he got vaccinated with Moderna last winter and again with Pfizer a few months ago.
Mixing of vaccine brands has no detrimental effects. Though for the statistics it may be better when dual shots use the same brand.

(sorry no link at this time of night, the results I have in mind may ccome from the UK)
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

I booked my booster today - not eligible until Oct. 29. Was a little bit surprised how booked the appointments were (I live in the Portland area where people mostly aren't insane about vaxxes). Snagged an appointment for Nov. 1 - booked a flu shot for same time. Might as well get 2 jabs if I am there anyway. I was in my local Walgreens yesterday for other reasons and the vax area in the pharmacy was packed. That made me happy.
Lani

Post by Lani »

I'll have the booster in 3 weeks. It was going to be sooner, but pneumonia got in the way. I still had my routine B12 injection, but the clinic was reluctant to give me the booster until I fully recovered. (Just very tired these days, but returned to work from home - to try to catch up from a 3 week sick leave. :yikes: )
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I took off my t-shirt and put on a nice polo shirt for the third jab. Have to think about my public. So last night about 9 p.m. I took the t-shirt and stuffed it into the sleeve of my polo, it wasn't even the beginning of subtle, the damn sleeve looked like my arm had swole up four inches or more. And it was not particularly smooth, it was a t-shirt. But sure enough, I walk into Alex Bob Todd's room to discuss something, and he's like "JESUS DAD, YOUR ARM!" :eek: :eek: :eek:

"Well, we had our booster shots today, y'know ..." :lol:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Ouch!

I'm a little nervous about my booster because my arm hurt big time with the second one, but not like that!
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

Had booster and flu shot on Thursday, Friday felt like a truck ran over me. Today it’s more like an SUV.
Optimism is a good characteristic, but if carried to an excess, it becomes foolishness.
—Theodore Roosevelt
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Sounds like they may have hit a blood vessel in an unintended way. That happened to me with my first shot of Novocain.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

RTH10260 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:19 pm
zekeb wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:44 pm What if... I know "a friend" who got vaccinated twice? Allegedly he got vaccinated with Moderna last winter and again with Pfizer a few months ago.
Mixing of vaccine brands has no detrimental effects. Though for the statistics it may be better when dual shots use the same brand.

(sorry no link at this time of night, the results I have in mind may ccome from the UK)
The link: https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021 ... oster.html

CDC Expands Eligibility for COVID-19 Booster Shots
There are now booster recommendations for all three available COVID-19 vaccines in the United States. Eligible individuals may choose which vaccine they receive as a booster dose. Some people may have a preference for the vaccine type that they originally received, and others may prefer to get a different booster. CDC’s recommendations now allow for this type of mix and match dosing for booster shots.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Hubs got his booster yesterday and today he's just fine. But he didn't have much of a reaction to the first two shots, other than a sore arm. I had a headache for 24 hours with shot #2.

I can't get mine until April unless they lower the age from 65. We talked with the woman who gave Hubs' his shot about the difference between a booster and a "third" shot. I accidently signed him up for a 3rd shot but that's only for immunocompromised people. She explained the booster is only half the dose.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:28 pm Hubs got his booster yesterday and today he's just fine. But he didn't have much of a reaction to the first two shots, other than a sore arm. I had a headache for 24 hours with shot #2.

I can't get mine until April unless they lower the age from 65. We talked with the woman who gave Hubs' his shot about the difference between a booster and a "third" shot. I accidently signed him up for a 3rd shot but that's only for immunocompromised people. She explained the booster is only half the dose.
Pfizer booster is a full dose, afaik. Checking on Moderna and JJ.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

p0rtia wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:35 pm
Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:28 pm Hubs got his booster yesterday and today he's just fine. But he didn't have much of a reaction to the first two shots, other than a sore arm. I had a headache for 24 hours with shot #2.

Pfizer booster is a full dose, afaik. Checking on Moderna and JJ.
Moderna is the only one at reduced dose for the booster.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Woo-hoo! I just scheduled my Moderna booster shot for this Friday! And I got my flu shot today, so I'm all ready for all the relatives I might be seeing at Thanksgiving and Christmas.
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Post by johnpcapitalist »

I had the J&J back in March. I just got back from a week-long business trip for work, including air travel, and it appears that I'll be getting back on the road a bit more over the next year, so I want to be maximally protected.

I just scheduled the booster and I'm getting it Thursday. CVS made it easy to check off up to three additional vaccinations, so I'm also getting a flu shot, pneumonia vaccine and first shot of shingles vaccine. I may swell up like Violet Beauregarde in Willy Wonka, but it'll be worth it.
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

We both got our Moderna boosters on Monday. We both noticed a few body aches last night. I do not recall experiencing those on the first two shots.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Received an email from both my doctor's practice and the Lake County Health Department yesterday. Executive summary, not yet eligible. I might be able to explain the church job as higher risk as it contains singing but we are still masked and distant as much as practical among various rules. I am also not quite at 6 months yet.
101010 :towel:
wavey davey

Post by wavey davey »

Wavey Wifey got her Moderna booster a couple days ago. Yesterday there were some very minor reactions (some soreness, tired).

I can't get it yet because it hasn't been 6 months. I'll wait for my turn.
Image Image ImageImage
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I was planning on this week, but the grandkids are coming over the weekend. I only had a slight sore arm with the first, but the arm was incredibly sore, and I felt as if I'd been hit by a truck for a few days the second time, so I'll wait until next week.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Had my Pfizer booster yesterday. No sore arm, just a very, very slightly runny nose. Wouldn't mention the runny nose except that it's not normal for me. Not any more sore overall than normal. So far so good.
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Azastan wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:40 am Had my Pfizer booster yesterday. No sore arm, just a very, very slightly runny nose. Wouldn't mention the runny nose except that it's not normal for me. Not any more sore overall than normal. So far so good.
Good to hear that. The Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine (Comirnaty) is excellent, a credit to this century's science.
Off Topic
It surprises me that many vaccinations do not cause much discomfort of obvious reaction beyond the pain of the injection. It seems intuitively reasonable that if a jab is working, the immune system should respond very noticeably. Apparently not! There was an article in Atlantic magazine with a well chosen title: Immunology Is Where Intuition Goes to Die. Truer words were never spoken.

Having mentioned it: the Atlantic article is a neat introduction to some of the immunology. It's not wholly accurate, but no popular article ever can be. Good reading.

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”