Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Corona Virus vaccination status poll

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.

What is your current vaccination status?

I had two Pfizer or Moderna and two boosters.
73%
I had 2 Pfizer or Moderna and a booster.
17%
I had 2 Pfizer and no booster.
2%
I had 2 Moderna and no booster.
2%
I had the Johnson and Johnson single shot and two boosters (mRNA Pfizer or Moderna as recommended)
6%
I had the Johnson and Johnson single shot, and a booster.
No votes
I had the Johnson and Johnson single shot, no booster.
No votes
I'm still working on getting vaccinated.
No votes
I do not plan to be vaccinated (you are welcomed to state your reasons).
No votes

Total votes: 52

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Re: Corona Virus vaccination status poll

Post by Slim Cognito »

I have a trip back to KC planned for Christmas, including a karaoke/ugly Christmas sweater party hosted by my son so I was concerned about not having the booster cuz I'm not 65 until spring. I told my doc and she 'fessed that the health org she's affiliated with runs a vax clinic that won't question whether I'm immunosuppressed. So I made the appointment, crossed my fingers and headed out yesterday. I wasn't going to lie, it wouldn't do any good, I'm in their system as a patient, but if they told me I wasn't eligible, I would just play dumb, thank them for their time and leave. They asked if I was compromised, I said no. They asked me to confirm my b'day and I did. Then they asked me into which arm I wanted the shot.

Arm is sore, but, unlike poke #2, no headache. So far, no side effects.

FYI, the place was pretty empty so I don't feel I stole a jab from someone more deserving and now I feel a lot better about traveling during the holidays.

Hubs and I both got the Moderna which has a 1/2 dose booster. He also didn't have any side effects after his boost. My only concern is if the 1/2 dose will be effective. Son, who works at the KC VA, got his Pfizer boost and was sicker than either of the first two.

I understood that the worse your reaction, the more effective the vax. Am I wrong?
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:09 am
I understood that the worse your reaction, the more effective the vax. Am I wrong?
Absolutely wrong. I and my siblings inherited my mom’s great immune system and all of us have had very minor reactions to the vaccine. I’m sure that’s because our bodies are just good at creating antibodies. I equate a person’s reaction more to how Covid would affect them, i.e., the worse your reaction, the worse Covid would have been for you. But that assumption could be totally wrong too.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

With my initial vaccines I had relatively minor symptoms, which lasted maybe 24 hours if I remember correctly, back in Feb and my antibodies are still over 250 with no booster, even with a compromised immune system. My studio mate, on the other hand, was sick for several days after her initial jabs, and got her booster from her PCP before she was 'technically' eligible because her antibodies were so low.

The ONLY way to know what your immune response is to the covid vaccine is to get the antibody test. The side effects are not any particular indicator of anything. That came straight from 3 of my doctors.
wavey davey

Post by wavey davey »

I got my Moderna booster a few days ago. The shot hurt a wee bit more than the first two - prolly didn't breath and relax as much as I could still. No biggy.

Arm was a little sore at the injection site for a couple days, but no other ill effects at all. The first two shots went down the same way. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones.
Image Image ImageImage
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... protected/
If You Don’t Have COVID Vaccine Side Effects, Are You Still Protected?
Reactions reflect unique features of an individual’s immune system, not the strength of a response
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

thx
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Eight-year old grandson got his first today at a CVS clinic for kids!

:cheer1:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

CDC just opened up eligibility for boosters to all over 18, and as I have past 6 months, I am scheduled for 7 December for a Pfizer booster. I may have been able to use the higher risk environment reasoning (singing in a church, though with masks) but the CDC fixed that. I could probably have done it earlier but given my schedule, I prefer a feeling like crud day be after the 5th.

I did get my flu shot yesterday.
101010 :towel:
Lani

Post by Lani »

My son spent a few days knocking on doors across his district to talk about getting vaccinated and hand out flyers (in several languages) about a pop up vaccine site in the neighborhood park today. He focused on Korean residents and brought the head of a Korean organization with him to act as an interpreter. Today over 300 people showed up for the jab! He directed traffic until the event was almost over and then got his booster. :thumbsup:

He's a good guy :lovestruck:
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

My 2 grand kids that are eligible got their 1st shots last week. They are happy about that. My youngest grand kid is only 2.5 yo so not eligible. He had soccer today (2 yo soccer is hilarious). He wears a mask and has been doing so since he started to walk. To him it is the same as putting on shoes to go outside and he never whines about it like the stupid poots do. Fuck those stupid anti maskers - if a 2 yo can do it so can you.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, awesome, Lani! That's cool!

And Scirreeve is right, aspire to be two! :lol:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Yay for Lani's son! :bighug:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Lani

Post by Lani »

AndyinPA wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:43 am Yay for Lani's son! :bighug:
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Our older daughter got her 3rd shot this past Tuesday. Our younger daughter got hers Wednesday. Our older daughter's husband got his today. Our younger SIL will get his next week.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Atticus Finch

Post by Atticus Finch »

Got my Moderna Booster today. All done. :biggrin:
You don't need religion to have morals. If you can't determine right from wrong then you lack empathy, not religion.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Atticus Finch wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:12 pm Got my Moderna Booster today. All done. :biggrin:
Wanna bet? :biggrin:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

:rotflmao: :rimshot:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

All these recent shootings...

I also got shot, I mean I got a shot, the booster is with me. Pfizer, a whole dosis. Aches we don't know yet.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I have an appointment tomorrow afternoon to get my booster and flu shot. :dance:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
jez
Verified: ✅ Medicated

Post by jez »

Went to my Primary Care person (fabulous Nurse Practitioner, technically not a doctor, but I call her my doc) to get my abscess wound checked, make sure it's healing, hadn't become infected or inflamed or any of that fun stuff (Yay! It's not! Almost healed!). While there, I asked her about the booster. She's like "Well, the tech is here, it's Tuesday which is when we give the shots, I'm sure we probably have a dose available. So, got my booster yesterday. Didn't have my card with me, so I need to go back in so they can fill it out with the booster info. Also got my flu shot, because she realized I hadn't had that yet either.

Both arms hurt, but not as bad as the full shot. And have had a low grade fever most of the day, which is normal.

But yay! I'm boostered!
“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Boostered and without your old friend the abscess, good for you, young lady! Now, will you please stay healthy for a while? A LONG while? TYVM. ❤️
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I am sitting in Walgreens waiting room. Just had Covid booster in left arm and flu shot in right arm.

:dance: :dance:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

A balanced diet ;)
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:28 pm A balanced diet ;)
:lol:

I'm glad I live alone. I have been sitting at my computer and walking around the house pumping my arms all day long. I'm told exercising them will reduce the soreness. It's been a little over three hours and so far I'm not feeling the side effects I had from the 2nd shot. The nurse said to pretty much expect whatever happened with the second shot to also happen with the booster as far as side effects. I had a sore arm with both first and second Covid shots. And I had mild flu-like symptoms from the second shot for about 36 hours. It started within a couple of hours. I guess I should know in the next hour or two if I'm going to be off the hook this time. So far I feel better at the same point in time after the booster than I did with the second shot.
--Colin Kaepernick

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”