Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Corona Virus vaccination status poll

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.

What is your current vaccination status?

I had two Pfizer or Moderna and two boosters.
73%
I had 2 Pfizer or Moderna and a booster.
17%
I had 2 Pfizer and no booster.
2%
I had 2 Moderna and no booster.
2%
I had the Johnson and Johnson single shot and two boosters (mRNA Pfizer or Moderna as recommended)
6%
I had the Johnson and Johnson single shot, and a booster.
No votes
I had the Johnson and Johnson single shot, no booster.
No votes
I'm still working on getting vaccinated.
No votes
I do not plan to be vaccinated (you are welcomed to state your reasons).
No votes

Total votes: 52

filly

Re: Corona Virus vaccination status poll

Post by filly »

The efficacy of the vaccines drop pretty dramatically after 6 months . J&J went from 88 percent to 4 percent!! The mRNA vaccines were better but went from the 90s to the 50s and 40s! This is why boosters were approved and encouraged. This is why I got mine ASAP.

Kate good luck with PT. A good PT can work wonders! Follow the instructions and do the home exercises. If your doc thinks you don’t need surgery PT can make things much better.

And get the booster!
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

To avoid unnecessary levels of panic: those large efficacy drops are against infection, not against hospitalization.

The probable mechanism is the drop in antibody levels due to the body reducing production as it hasn't seen the threat for a while. The memory cells are still in the body, so the immune system can kick into action faster than in a naive (unvaccinated and not previously infected) person, which is good enough to prevent severe disease in the large majority of people, hence there is a smaller reduction in efficacy against hospitalization.

Of course, the whole purpose of a booster is to give the immune system that jolt to rev it up. The larger drop with J&J will be because it's single dose; with the same regime as AstraZeneca it would probably have similar performance.

Absolutely though it's best to avoid infection and to accept any boosters on offer: my nephew and his wife, both early 40s, double vaccinated and healthy, caught the virus off their 6yo son, who caught it in school, and both felt very rough for several days, and the wife still feels subpar weeks later. Those events close to home are a strong personal reminder not to become complacent.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

LMK, I'm so sorry to hear about your reaction to the third jab.

Hugs and love to you you and your fambly. :bighug:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
filly

Post by filly »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:40 pm To avoid unnecessary levels of panic: those large efficacy drops are against infection, not against hospitalization.

:gotalink:

And yes, if you get infected you can still spread it to others. Also, if you have underlying conditions you might be on your way to hospitalization.

I too am sorry that LMK had such a rough time with the third jab. My arm is still sore but less than yesterday. The creaky joints are less creaky today.

The pharmacist told me to stay hydrated because it *seems* to lessen the flu like symptoms in most people. No idea if that's true. I think if I had a bad time I would talk to my doctor about it.

Getting the booster is still the best protection.
FiveAcres

Post by FiveAcres »

My husband got his Moderna booster yesterday at Costco. So far, he doesn't seem to be showing much reaction. His main symptom for the original two shots was a headache.
Avatar was a photo I took by Killary Fjord in 2005. Killary Fjord is in Northern Connemara, Ireland.
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

I joined the 3 jab club today. Changed my status in the poll.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

:thumbsup:
scirreeve wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:28 pm I joined the 3 jab club today. Changed my status in the poll.
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

No problems with side effects after the 3rd jab. Minor soreness in shoulder and that is all. Not like the 2nd jab that kicked me in the ass for a day. 1st jab was also OK. I got the flu shot in the other arm same time as the 3rd jab - that shoulder doesn't hurt at all.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

As mentioned in the Texoma thread we got our flu jabs yesterday at CVS.

A few hours after Mrs. V. asked me if my arm was sore. It wasn't. Her arm was sore.

In the future I may lie and say my arm is sore. ;)
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Volkonski wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:15 am As mentioned in the Texoma thread we got our flu jabs yesterday at CVS.

A few hours after Mrs. V. asked me if my arm was sore. It wasn't. Her arm was sore.

In the future I may lie and say my arm is sore. ;)
I have heard of "man flu" but you have discovered the "man flu jab".

Tip: wear a sling afterwards to convey the severity of your suffering.
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

I had my Pfizer Booster yesterday. My first two I had no soreness or side effects. I woke up with chills last night and a very touchy arm.

As a side note, I went afterwards to vote. A sign on the door said " We ask that you please wear a mask". Not one of the poll workers were wearing masks.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Off Topic
Volkonski wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:15 am In the future I may lie and say my arm is sore. ;)
I was turned into a newt yesterday because Docusign uses two-factor authentication to sign in. Ol' Wifehorn is not a big fan of two-factor authentication ... or basic password security practices, for that matter. These things are annoying and a useless waste of time and obviously MY FAULT for not being able to evade the Docusign login requirements. You log in, they send a code by email, you enter the code and Vanilla! You're logged in. Or Vowilla, or however you say it.

But there's no way to get around it. Either you click the button to get an email and enter the code from the email, or you can't log in. It's mandatory. Like Howard the Duck, I am trapped in a world I never made! :|

And we use Docusign EVERY DAY. For EVERY CLIENT. :thumbsup:

She has a password she likes, she can remember it, it's terribly weak, she uses it EVERYWHERE, and I have no idea in the world how she has managed to avoid losing thousands of dollars or having her identity stolen and permanently destroyed. But you can't argue with success, and even if you could, you would lose. She's the most bullheaded woman on the planet (we're perfectly matched), so you can just take your stupid basic password security practices and pound sand, mister. No, I'm not going to waste my precious time learning how to use a password management app. :nope: :fingerwag:

Anyway ...

I got better. :biggrin:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I got my third jab today. I thought I would take my chances and see if I could get one without an appointment. The first place I went to, which is where we normally get our prescriptions, said not without an appointment, and I had to go online to do that. I know things have changed, but I still break out into a sweat when I remember that from February and March. No thanks. So I went on up the block to the CVS. They said they preferred appointment, but could do a walk-in and took me right away.

I had two Moderna, now have one Pfizer. Will change my status. So far, only the slightest soreness in the arm, less than my flu shot last month. :thumbsup:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

A day later, more sore arm, draggy, a little achy, but not awful. My first was the easiest; my second the worst; this one, I feel it, but not as bad as the last time. Hoping for a better day tomorrow.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Mrich

Post by Mrich »

I got the Moderna booster Monday morning. Walk-in at Walgreens, where I got my first 2 shots (Pfizer). I didn't have any reactions from the Pfizers, but Monday afternoon/evening I was really sore - my shoulders especially - and very tired. Next day, all ok.
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

I received a Moderna booster this afternoon at a City of Seattle site in Anazonland (free parking if you were there for the vaccine). Five plus hours later no issues (fingers crossed). As I had no side effects from my initial Pfizers, I am hoping that the streak will continue.
duck dodgers
Verified: ✅ Until 23,500

Post by duck dodgers »

Got my Moderna booster this morning (2 Pfizers before). No ill effects yet.
"You can syndicate any boat you row"
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Got my booster about 5 hours ago. CVS only had Moderna this time, had Pfizer the 1st two. The tech said the booster only has 50% of the vaccine as the original shots had. So far it's been no problem, 2nd shot knocked me out. Was a little woozy right after, had a bottle of water and watched a little Hawaii Five 0 (yes still lol) on PlutoTV at CVS. Crossing fingers. Combined it with the flu shot, they said it's fine to do that and recommended it.

Got a delicious ribeye from Carraba's Italian Grill (Uber Eats every couple of months sends a $20 off $35 email coupon, it's a great deal). On Uber Eats the steak is $30 vs. $26 at the restaurant, but delivery was only 99 cents and the coupon made the total with tip like $15. Nice when the pix of the actual food look like the restaurant images. Deserved special treats :P

Carrabba Ribeye.JPG
Carrabba Ribeye.JPG (163.84 KiB) Viewed 1425 times

Ribeye.JPG
Ribeye.JPG (114.06 KiB) Viewed 1430 times

Thinking of sending a FedEx with the leftovers to Lt. Col. Root Beer & Lt. Biscuit :dog:

Happy for the extra COVID and flu protection. It's still so hard to understand why everybody wouldn't jump to be protected. When my parents moved overseas, had to get tons of vaccinations... looked and still have my Vaccination Passport. On the other hand, while the jokers on Twitter SCREAM about it, in the real world most folks seem to be getting vaccinated. After all the SCREAMING about 10,000 NYC police who wouldn't do it... it was 34.
Pat Dallas Sharkey @PatDSharkey Nov 3
Replying to @fred_guttenberg
Look at the media amplifying the false message. Remember the constant media coverage of the scare tactic that there would be massive amounts of police who quit because of the vaccine mandate in NYC. Reality there were 34 police officers in NYC who failed to get vaccinated.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

In the end, I lost about two days this time. Pretty sore arm, achy, draggy the day after. Next day the achiness was gone, but the drag remained, although not quite as bad. By Saturday, all back to order, except for slightly sore arm. All in all, not awful, and glad to have the third. :thumbsup:
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

orlylicious wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:12 pm :snippity:
You ordered a steak from an Italian restaurant, and a good one...Heresy!

Everyone...Burn the Heretic!!!! :torches:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
tek

Post by tek »

Best steak I have EVER had was in a little trattoria back of a butcher shop in Florence IT.
That's not Carrabas, though ;)
Frater I*I wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:28 pm
orlylicious wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:12 pm :snippity:
You ordered a steak from an Italian restaurant, and a good one...Heresy!

Everyone...Burn the Heretic!!!! :torches:
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

On Saturday I fired up the Kamado Joe to 800 F and cooked two very nice NY strips to medium. Mrs. RC fixed sliced tomatoes with mozzarella slices, fresh basil, olive oil and very old balsamic vinegar drizzled over. We also had sauteed green beans and ham chunks. I should have grabbed a photo.

Still no lasting effects from the Moderna booster from a couple of weeks ago. Whatever we had was gone in a day.
Lani

Post by Lani »

Got my B12 & my booster shots today. B12 was just in time - I was having double vision again. My doc had changed the B12 to every three weeks, but for some reason, the eye problem returned a little early. Anyway....

Got my 3rd Pfizer vaccination! The first 2 times, my arm hurt so much that I needed to use a sling and I was very weak/tired. So far I only have a very slightly sore arm. :thumbsup: I didn't think I'd be monitored for 45 minutes since I had no severe reactions for the first 2. Nope, people had to watch me.

Ted was in the car since I thought I'd get the shots and be back to Ted in 15 - 20 minutes. All windows were down and the car was under a shady tree. The clinic let me be monitored outside in front of the clinic's windows. So Ted and I walked a little bit and sat under a tree, always within sight. Ted enjoyed it.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:thumbsup:
Lani

Post by Lani »

6 hours later & all is good! Very slightly sore at the vaccination area IF I poke it. That's it! I'm so relieved - I was pretty much stuck in bed for a couple of days with #1 & 2. Also, the double vision is going away. A very successful day!
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”