Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Corona Virus vaccination status poll

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.

What is your current vaccination status?

I had two Pfizer or Moderna and two boosters.
73%
I had 2 Pfizer or Moderna and a booster.
17%
I had 2 Pfizer and no booster.
2%
I had 2 Moderna and no booster.
2%
I had the Johnson and Johnson single shot and two boosters (mRNA Pfizer or Moderna as recommended)
6%
I had the Johnson and Johnson single shot, and a booster.
No votes
I had the Johnson and Johnson single shot, no booster.
No votes
I'm still working on getting vaccinated.
No votes
I do not plan to be vaccinated (you are welcomed to state your reasons).
No votes

Total votes: 52

Sequoia32
Verified:

Re: Corona Virus vaccination status poll

Post by Sequoia32 »

Son and I just got back from getting our boosters. First shots were Pfizer, this one Moderna.

It was a walk-in clinic at a local High School staffed by volunteers. A steady stream of people coming in. Everyone was very cheerful and chatty, well, David has a way of getting people talking. 8-)

No one bated an eye that my son is obviously not over 65. I brought proof, but I guess they could tell he is my caretaker since he was pushing my wheelchair.

They gave us plastic sleeves for our Vaxx cards and a "vaccinated" button. ;)
Lani

Post by Lani »

My booster is 11/12 :dance: It could have been sooner, but I want it on a Friday afternoon so I can crash over the weekend if I feel like I did with the first two shots.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I just updated my status… got my Moderna booster at Costco. Now shopping.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Yay Sequoia32, yay MN-Skeptic!
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Sequoia32
Verified:

Post by Sequoia32 »

We had no reaction at all to the 2 Pfizer doses but we both feel like crap today after the Moderna booster.
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

Sequoia32 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:04 pm We had no reaction at all to the 2 Pfizer doses but we both feel like crap today after the Moderna booster.
After my initial two doses of Moderna and had a sore arm each time. Five months later I opted for the Pfizer shots and I didn't feel a thing.
Il factotum
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Post by johnpcapitalist »

johnpcapitalist wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:42 pm I had the J&J back in March. I just got back from a week-long business trip for work, including air travel, and it appears that I'll be getting back on the road a bit more over the next year, so I want to be maximally protected.

I just scheduled the booster and I'm getting it Thursday. CVS made it easy to check off up to three additional vaccinations, so I'm also getting a flu shot, pneumonia vaccine and first shot of shingles vaccine. I may swell up like Violet Beauregarde in Willy Wonka, but it'll be worth it.
That was not the best medical decision I've made in my life. Got the shot at 6:00 yesterday. By 7:00, I was shivering with chills and had crawled into bed with every blanket I own over me. Slept until just before my 9:00 meeting this morning -- the first meeting I've done in my pajamas. After that, I went back to sleep and took a 4-hour nap. When I get home from the "office," I'm going to bed.

I feel like a wildebeest shot in the ass by Jim Fowler with a Wild Kingdom signature model tranq dart. Dart goes in, you start running slower and slower, and in two minutes, there's a big thud as you fall over, inert. I'm sure I will be fine tomorrow or Sunday, but I definitely overdid it.

I had J&J for my first dose, but they gave me Moderna for the booster. That wasn't the most soreness -- that was the Shingrix. All of them hurt going in because they ran out of #25 needles (nice and fine) and they were down to #22, which felt like a red hot poker going in.
filly

Post by filly »

Moderna booster in arm 2 hours ago. Shot was painless. Feel just fine. Will report tomorrow.

My husband has been pushing our older friends to get the booster. For some reason there seems to be a lack of urgency and these people are not antivaxxers and got their original series early and promptly. He literally is getting them appointments! A good man. Now HE NEEDS TO HET HIS! He was concerned that pharmacies would question eligibility because we are not 65 yet but you sign the statement that you have an underlying condition and in goes the shot,
Sequoia32
Verified:

Post by Sequoia32 »

johnpcapitalist wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:08 pm By 7:00, I was shivering with chills and had crawled into bed with every blanket I own over me.
Shivering with chills here too. Blanketed up. Son was like a madman insisting on turning the AC on. At 3pm it is just up to 75 degrees outside. :mad:
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

With my first Moderna vaccine, absolutely no soreness, no reaction.

With my second Moderna vaccine, my arm was a tad sore if I touched the vaccination site.

My Moderna booster is now 4 hours old and, at this point, no soreness, no reaction. I'll report if that changes, but I'm one of those people who rarely gets sick. Mostly colds, but that's it. I think I inherited my mom's good immune system along with her low blood pressure.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Sequoia32 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:55 pm At 3pm it is just up to 75 degrees outside. :mad:
It won't be 75 degrees here again until late April. :lol:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

I got my booster yesterday. Pfizer. My first 2 jabs were nothing like this. I feel like death.

But no allergic reaction this time!

Still, fuck covid.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
LM K

Post by LM K »

AndyinPA wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:02 am Ouch!

I'm a little nervous about my booster because my arm hurt big time with the second one, but not like that!
Move your arm non-stop during your 15 min wait. Then move it like crazy the rest of the day.

It makes a difference with every vax.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

LM K wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:25 am
AndyinPA wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:02 am Ouch!

I'm a little nervous about my booster because my arm hurt big time with the second one, but not like that!
Move your arm non-stop during your 15 min wait. Then move it like crazy the rest of the day.

It makes a difference with every vax.
Will try that!
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:13 pm With my first Moderna vaccine, absolutely no soreness, no reaction.

With my second Moderna vaccine, my arm was a tad sore if I touched the vaccination site.

My Moderna booster is now 4 hours old and, at this point, no soreness, no reaction. I'll report if that changes, but I'm one of those people who rarely gets sick. Mostly colds, but that's it. I think I inherited my mom's good immune system along with her low blood pressure.
By the time I went to bed last night my upper arm was sore and achy. It still is this morning. Considering how awful some people have felt after their vaccines, I’m feeling very lucky at this point. And it’s good to know for future booster shots.
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

We both got our boosters on Thursday, Moderna on top of Moderna, and our annual flu shot as well. My wife was fine but I felt moderately crappy all day yesterday. Back to normal today, or what passes as normal these days.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
filly

Post by filly »

About 24 hours after Moderna booster. My arm is a bit sore but not as sore as the second Moderna shot. I am a bit woozy today and my joints are very stiff. I have all kinds of ailments but stiff joints are usually not one of them. I'd do it again every month if I had to!
Sequoia32
Verified:

Post by Sequoia32 »

Son and I both woke up at 2 am feeling fine except for arm soreness. His misery lasted more than 24 hours, mine over 12 hours, but we feel lucky to be as protected as possible. We think he got Covid in March of 2020 and it was much worse than the brief vaxx misery.

He proceeded to make himself eggs and toast, I went back to bed.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

It's really interesting reading about the wide variation in reactions from people here.

I had no issues with either of my Pfizer shots, nor did I have any issue with the booster at all (except for the very, very mild runny nose, and who knows if that actually had anything to do with the booster shot).
LM K

Post by LM K »

filly wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:38 pm About 24 hours after Moderna booster. My arm is a bit sore but not as sore as the second Moderna shot. I am a bit woozy today and my joints are very stiff. I have all kinds of ailments but stiff joints are usually not one of them. I'd do it again every month if I had to!
If my next booster (we'll be getting them forever) reaction is worse than my current reaction, I might rethink more boosters.

And then I'll slap myself and get another booster.

But damn!
Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

Foggy wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:15 pm
Sequoia32 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:55 pm At 3pm it is just up to 75 degrees outside. :mad:
It won't be 75 degrees here again until late April. :lol:
75? HAHAHAHAHA
Optimism is a good characteristic, but if carried to an excess, it becomes foolishness.
—Theodore Roosevelt
filly

Post by filly »

LM K wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:33 pm
filly wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:38 pm About 24 hours after Moderna booster. My arm is a bit sore but not as sore as the second Moderna shot. I am a bit woozy today and my joints are very stiff. I have all kinds of ailments but stiff joints are usually not one of them. I'd do it again every month if I had to!
If my next booster (we'll be getting them forever) reaction is worse than my current reaction, I might rethink more boosters.

But damn!
Get the booster! This is not worse than the second shot. It will last a day and I will have protection for a few months. Reaction from the shot is at least 100x less than getting COVID.
LM K

Post by LM K »

filly wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:02 pm
LM K wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:33 pm

But damn!
Get the booster! This is not worse than the second shot. It will last a day and I will have protection for a few months. Reaction from the shot is at least 100x less than getting COVID.
I'm on jab 3. For me, it's been significantly worse. I had mild flu like symptoms after my previous jabs but the flu like reaction lasted less than 24 hours each time.

I got my booster early in the afternoon on Thur. I was nearly in tears last night because I was in so much pain. I've had chronic pain since my teens. I know how to handle pain. Last night was out of control ... even with tramadol. But the allergic reaction is 90% less intense than the first 2 jabs!

That said, many covid patients say the virus is the worst thing they've ever experienced. I'm high risk. This is better than being hospitalized as I'm slowly suffocated to death.

Even though I'm miserable, I'm grateful for the vax! And I'll continue my boosters.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:17 am
MN-Skeptic wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:13 pm With my first Moderna vaccine, absolutely no soreness, no reaction.

By the time I went to bed last night my upper arm was sore and achy. It still is this morning. Considering how awful some people have felt after their vaccines, I’m feeling very lucky at this point. And it’s good to know for future booster shots.
By early afternoon, my arm was no longer aching. Now, 30 hours after the shot, I only know that I got the shot because it's sore if I touch where I got the shot. That's it.

I'm thinking warm, healing thoughts for all of you vaccine recipients who are going through more in order to be protected from Covid. :bighug:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I got the email from the state last week saying I’m eligible for the booster. I’ll get it at Costco when I get it.

I’ve put it off because he mr got his the day after he threw his back out and he was pretty mopey for three days. Slept a lot, achey, but he couldn’t tell which thing was giving him the most grief.

The doc told me my shoulder would be healed enough to start PT 6 weeks after I injured it. That was yesterday. I’ve felt so shitty from not sleeping and the general trauma of ripping one’s limb out of its socket that no way was I going to add to my misery.

Maybe Monday.

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”